Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Enoch raptured on Pentecost?

Enoch may be a type of the church; tradition has it that he was born on Pentecost and raptured on Pentecost! The following are quotes from the below links:

http://gracethrufaith.com/selah/holidays-and-holy-days/pentecost-and-the-rapture-of-the-church/

By tradition Enoch, one of the patriarchs from Genesis 5, was born on the day later to be known as Pentecost. Enoch’s name means “teaching”, a primary function of the Church. For this reason many scholars see him as a “type” of the church as well. Genesis 5:21-23 indicates that Enoch was very close to God and was actually taken live (raptured) into Heaven before the Great Flood. Pre-Trib scholars see this event as hinting of a yet future disappearance of the Church before the Great Tribulation. These same traditions also hold that Enoch disappeared from Earth on his birthday. So here’s a model in Genesis 5 of a man identified with the church being born and raptured on the day that would become Pentecost, the day the church was born.

http://raptureforums.com/Rapture/theharpazo.cfm

Enoch is, for many reasons, one of the most intriguing characters in the Old Testament. There are also several provocative Jewish traditions regarding Enoch. He is regarded as having been born on the day the Jews observe Hag Shavout, the Feast of Weeks, or Pentecost. What is also interesting is that, by tradition, he is also believed to have been "translated" (or "raptured") on his birthday. Since the Church was "born" on this day, one wonders if we, too, will be "raptured" on its birthday!

Re: Enoch raptured on Pentecost?

Interesting thank you eArthangel... why do I always start singing when I see your name :)

You must be remembering the song I stole my name from!

oh, oh, oh, oh, wah-ah-ah, oh, oh, oh, oh

Earth angel, earth angel
Will you be mine?
My darling dear
Love you all the time
I'm just a fool
A fool in love with you

Ha!! I have been singing that song this whole time...but I only knew the first line of the song ..earth angel earth angel....blah blah blah...

Pentecost must always occur on Sunday [Biblical mandate].
The Jews changed the calendars after 70 AD so that it was a fixed date, Sivan 6 and not floating [the way it should be!]

This year Pentecost occurs...

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Website: www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=8&year=2010&hour=23&min=59&sec=59&p0=110

This lines up with something the Lord told me about a year ago. I woke up to find my spirit having a conversation with the Lord about the Rapture. The only thing I remembered was the last thing He told me when I asked about the timing: He said, "What was the last holiday that I was with you?" [that's what He called the Jewish festivals, which is appropriate because our English word 'holiday' comes from "holy day"]

I knew that He meant the last festival that He was here physically, and He was insinuating that the Rapture would be on the following festival after that.

Maybe that will be Pentecost? The church was born that day and maybe that is when He takes us home.....just like Enoch.

Hoping!

Email: marc.kama@sbcglobal.net

This is very interesting... another day to target... IF it's not sooner! We won't ever give up will we?

scuggers
Pentecost must always occur on Sunday [Biblical mandate].
The Jews changed the calendars after 70 AD so that it was a fixed date, Sivan 6 and not floating [the way it should be!]

This year Pentecost occurs...

Scruggers I think spring is a great fit for me....

Dearest EarthAngel - You know, Dr. J.R. Church has said for quite a while that he has always thought that the rapture will happen on Pentecost!! Hope he is right! Love you EarthAngel! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Shirley
This is very interesting... another day to target... IF it's not sooner! We won't ever give up will we?

we will never give up!

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Website: www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=9&day=8&year=2010&hour=23&min=59&sec=59&p0=110

Spring rapture also fits Song of Solomon.

Email: marc.kama@sbcglobal.net

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com