Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Melissa

I just read about your beloved Collie being killed.
Please know how my heart aches for you and how sorry I am to hear this.

Collies are so beautiful and our pets are our family.
I know how bad it hurts to have one taken so suddenly and so violently.

I pray you are healing.

Please believe your precious Collie is in heaven waiting for you. That was confirmed to me by the Lord and I have been so comforted by that ever since when I grieve for my little Abby.

I pray it comforts you.

You are precious Melissa.

(Still remembering your Dad and Uncles in my prayers)

Re: To Melissa

Hi 2 HH,

Thank you so much for your kind words and concern and prayers. We are very devastated by the loss of this dog. He was really one of a kind and very special. I am sure everyone thinks that about their own pets too and they are all so special, and part of the family!

But this dog was really needed in our home and filled a spot that was like a peacemaker role. He helped to break up the stress in our family and provided so many funny moments. He was so big and I said he looked like a big wooly! Our cats loved him too. They used to curl up on top of him and sleep on the deck!

He was old and noisy when he slept and groaned a lot and that was just hilarious. When he was dreaming his feet would be moving like he was running and he would bark in his sleep.

He would come up to me all day long and herd me. If I would ignore him he would pull something off of my desk or stand there and sneeze several times. He was a real comedian! We really, really miss him right now!

I wondered about pets going to heaven and I hope that you are right and would love to hear how this was confirmed. I will have a menagerie when I get there for sure!

You are a dear sister and I appreciate your prayers for my dad and uncles! God bless you and I love you sis!

Sorry to hear about your dog Abby too.

Oh Melissa. What a corker. I can't wait to meet him.

What happened was, last year when I was all worked up thinking the Lord was coming with bombs etc (still think it will- sudden destruction- rapture) after talking to Scott Walkington, I began worrying about Daisy who has health problems and needs her mommy (me) to take care of her.

So silly thing that I am I began stressing and asking the Lord what would become of our pets if we are raptured and worrying about being separated from her.

During this time I was watching Pastor Hetrick's heaven story online and he says that our pets are in heaven in an area he called the suburbs of the Holy City. AS I WAS WATCHING THIS an email came in from Scott Walkington saying the same thing. He saw his dad in heaven who told him their pets were there and even confirmed the area.

So coming in as it did within 5 minutes and during prayer over this I took it as a confirmation and have never doubted it since.

You will be with your precious herder boy in heaven.
I promise. That is how sure I am.

Wow, That is very reassuring. I would definitely have taken that as a confirmation too! I am sure that the Lord would love to make us happy in that way also to reunite us with the beloved creatures that he created for us to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing that story and definitely am feeling more hopeful and happy about seeing Duke again. Thanks 2HH

Dearest 2HH - As I read Melissa talking about her beloved collie my heart was breaking for her - I know just how she is feeling right now - I have lost so many, many pets and I long to be with them.

Then I read your last post - and my heart is filled with joy with your comfirmation! Thank you dear sister for giving me, Melissa and every other pet owner out there that their dear loved pet is waiting for them! I think I'm going to cry!(with joy!!!)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I am so grateful to the Lord for making me able to bring you both that good news.

Love and hugs to you precious sisters.
2HH

WHAT?!?!?!?! Oh Melissa, I am so sorry to hear this! This is the bummer about not being able to be around as much...I miss very important posts. I did not know your collie was killed. Wow. My sympathies go out to you, Melissa, as well as the affimation that I, too, believe our pets will be with us in Heaven. I miss our black labrador, Huckleberry, and still tear up when I think of how he suffered before he died (last year). But I do believe he is romping around in Heaven right now. Anyway, I pray that the Lord's peace will rest upon your household as you grieve the loss of your dear Duke.

(((hugs)))

Thanks so much Charity, I am very sorry to hear about your dog Huckleberry too. They really work their way into our hearts!! I hope you and your family are having a good visit.

God bless you and am very hopeful about seeing Duke in heaven soon! Hugs to you too!

Melissa, dear sis, I hope this too encourages you . . . .

~ ~

"Do All Dogs Really Go to Heaven?"
By Scott Ross

The 700 Club

CBN.com – When we were at Love Inn (our ministry work in upstate New York) our dog was a Border Collie, Alfie. He was the best Christian in the place. He was hit by a car trying to cross highway Rt.13, and Nedra still cries about him. She was telling Alfie stories last week and cried.

Then subsequently we had Lady, (looked like Lassie) she was “dog napped.” Our next dog was Golda, a Golden Retriever. My youngest son Ryan used to sleep on her. She eventually died of old age. All of these dogs were loving, devoted, and faithful.

So, do animals have spirits? Here are some Bible verses and God’s perspective:

“Ask the animals, and they will teach you...In God’s hand is the life of every creature, and the breath of all mankind.” (Job 12:7 and 10)

“A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal.” (Proverbs 12:10) Not many people think of measuring righteousness by this standard.

And in regard to the question are there animals in heaven:

Eccl 3:21: "How can anyone be sure that the human spirit goes upward while an animal's spirit goes down into the ground?"

Of course, the human can make choices in regard to God/Jesus, but not the four legged beasts. But Scripture is pretty clear that there will be animals in the new world after He folds this one up.

I remember years ago, while broadcasting on radio in upstate New York, having a young girl calling me on the air. She was crying because her dog was sick. She asked me to pray for her dog. I had never done that before, but she was so desperate, I did it. Some people called me and said I shouldn’t have done that, because God wasn’t involved in healing animals. Those folks apparently didn’t know God very well. Because a short time later the young girl called back laughing and excited saying her dog was better!

I have prayed for many animals since then.

The Scripture says He knows about every bird that falls to the ground too. God does care about animals. “God’s hand is in the life of every creature.”

Hello Melissa and all :)

I just wanted to share this with you really fast...it is Jack Van Impe's video "Animals in Heaven"

I know you can not get youtube Melissa :( but if you are interested JVI has this on his website.

I found it when I was wondering what would happen to my dogs when I was raptured...JVI believes they are going with us.

Here is the youtube....

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rlz=1R2RNTN_enUS332&resnum=0&q=jack+van+impe+animals+in+heaven&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=fBF_S6qALYu1tgfKntylDw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CBkQqwQwBA#

You and your daughters have been in my prayers today Melissa....

Donna, This is very encouraging! I always thought Ecc. 3:21 automatically said that animals just returned to dust so I was hesitant to think they would be in heaven with us. But this really does not say that, it just says who knows! I believe 2HH's confirmation and also these other verses are very comforting to note that God does care about our pets and loves His creation.

I was actually looking for that verse - and could not remember where I had seen it. (Ecc 3:21)

Thanks Donna for your love and care that you put into this RITA board! You are a beloved sister in Christ!

J Sue, Jack VI is very smart! I will maybe try to see that at the library sometime on onhis website. Thanks for your prayers!

Joyful GREAT IDEA! I have sent that DVD to friends when their dogs have died. Good thinking.

Donna what a wonderful article you posted. I will copy that and send it to friends as a comfort. So many worry they'll never see their pets again.

XOXO

I hope you like this, Melissa . . it kinda came to me, as an inspiration to you . . . . ,

"If Duke could talk, I think he'd say:

. . "I'm in heaven, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten you
This place, this Heaven, Melissa is true, and the good news
is that I can prance and play, and be young again
. . . and being the dog that I am, not old anymore,
it's fun being young in God's Home, for sure
I was your pet, no, I am your pet, and I can see
the promise of Jesus saying we again will meet.

I'm happy, Melissa, and even a pet can know
that Christ's furry animals, 'see Him unfold
a mighty eternity where families stay together
. . if I can say anything, oh, Melissa, it's forever!!

Don't cry, Melissa, I'm happy and thrilled
prancing and playing on Heaven's hills .
This place is filled with laughter
'Son'-shine and love, meant for us, an everafter

Donna, That is so precious, thank you so much for your warm inspiration and love that goes into your poems and I especially love this one! Nobody has ever written a poem for me and this I will cherish! That pic is the same coloring of Duke! I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Thank you for your precious care Donna!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com