Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
URGENT PRAYERS- TROOPS IN FIRE FIGHT

Date: 2/20/2010 1:01:39 AM

Eris Ridens, co-leader of our MOPS program, requests immediate prayer for her nephew-in-law. Dustin Butler is a U.S. Soldier deployed to Afghanistan. His wife, Kenzi, who is 8 〓 months pregnant, just received a call this afternoon from Dustin saying that he and his company are in the middle of a severe fire-fight. 24 soldiers are already dead. Dustin’s commander instructed the soldiers who are left to call their wives and tell them they love them and to say good-by. Please lift up the wives and families who received this phone call as well as the men who are fighting. Dustin is a new Christian, so is trusting his Savior.
-Jo Sussenbach

Re: URGENT PRAYERS- TROOPS IN FIRE FIGHT

2HH - praying for these brave men and their families!

Father,
We pray according to your word for protection for Dustin and his wife and the others.
You said in Psalm 91

Your faithfulness O God is like
a shield or a city wall. 5You won't need to worry about dangers at night

or arrows during the day. 6And you won't fear diseases that strike in the dark
or sudden disaster at noon.

7You will not be harmed, though thousands fall
all around you.
8And with your own eyes you will see the punishment
of the wicked.

9The LORD Most High is your fortress.
Run to him for safety,

10and no terrible disasters will strike you
or your home.

11God will command his angels to protect you
wherever you go.

12They will carry you in their arms,
and you won't hurt your feet on the stones.

13You will overpower the strongest lions
and the most deadly snakes.
14The Lord says, "If you love me
and truly know who I am, I will rescue you
and keep you safe.

15When you are in trouble, call out to me.
I will answer and be there to protect and honor you.

16You will live a long life and see my saving power."

Email: iampriceles@aol.com

Almighty Lord - you know what it means to shed your blood to save others. Please allow your blood to now cover these, and all our soldiers overseas that the schemes of the enemy will not succeed! We ask You to assign Your angels to create a hedge of protection over these brave men and women as they fight for the freedom of others - grant escapes from death so that evil will be contained, and so many may declare the miracle/Truth of Your love, protection and provision in these days.

Thank You Lord for Your faithfulness to all Your promises, and compassion on all You have made.

Dear Father in heaven, send mighty warring angels to surround and protect these young men from the spirit of death that is trying to overtake them. Rescue and preserve their lives from the pit. Holy Spirit draw the hearts of those who are unsaved to safety, eternal salvation in Jesus. I pray and draw the bloodline in Jesus name around them now for rescue and perservation. Let it be so.

Yes, Lord . . send Your heavenly warring angels to protect your people in this battle.

Father, cause a mighty awareness of spiritual strategy in winning proportions Lord. In this Spiritual warfare, reveal Christ's confidence of Victory among these troops facing this fire fight

In Jesus' Name . . Lord make the wicked a ransom unto the the righteous (Prov. 21). . Father send Your Hand of protection, and denounce the evil doers . . Father protect the righteous, in the blood of the Lamb, bring down the enemy's strongholds, bind the evil, Lord Jesus . .

"No weapon formed against thee shall prosper, . . this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the Lord" . . Isaiah 54:17

Adonai I pray by the power of Your Son's blood Yeshua to sweep the enemies armies and to take your wings and feathers upon the US army in which this Dustin is in so that they will be saved right now by Your Holy Power. In the name of Yeshua Our Great Savior I pray for the protection upon these armies from the arrow that flied by day and from the destruction that wasted at the noonday and for the terror by night or for the pestilence that walked in the darkness. Amen.

Praying for these troops and families.

Do you this person? this doesnt sound likely at all. In the middle of a fire fight to call home because you are going to die.

Abbershay
Do you this person? this doesnt sound likely at all. In the middle of a fire fight to call home because you are going to die.

I didn't think about that at first Abbershay - but you have a point - how and where would they have cell coverage where they are at? Haven't really seen any cell towers over there on news reports

I am also wondering. This was sent to me but I do not know them. I saw it posted somwhere also.

I checked the news and didn't see anything.

I am seriously doubting this too and pray it is false.

My apologies for passing it on. I just wanted them to have prayer as soon as possible. One would never think someone would lie about such a thing but someone has I guess.

We don't know for sure about this particular instance 2HH but I am sure that it was God's timing for you to post this. There are soldiers in a fire fight somewhere in a battle perhaps and needed these prayers. I know I am guilty of forgetting some days to pray for our boys overseas and here. Then there is the battle looming over Israel. May God have His angels dispatched to all battlefields where young men's lives hang in the balance. Bless you 2HH for your obedience.

2HisHonor
I am also wondering. This was sent to me but I do not know them. I saw it posted somwhere also.

I checked the news and didn't see anything.

I am seriously doubting this too and pray it is false.

My apologies for passing it on. I just wanted them to have prayer as soon as possible. One would never think someone would lie about such a thing but someone has I guess.

Dearest 2HH - I would have done the same exact thing as you - get it out to the RITA family a quickly as possible and get some prayer going up!!

I didn't think anything about it until Abbershay was keen enough to catch that and point it out - that Abbershay is one smart cookie love you 2HH!

Texas Sue, that is a good point. They are in a serious push over there right now and really do need our prayers more than ever. I was up early praying for them.

Thank you Ms Victor for your kindess.
I sure do appreciate you.

2HH we went out for a bit and I had the radio on and it was on the radio...so yes..something has happened there.

I'm praying for this young man and his family.

Praying with you all!!!

Website: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=667676418&ref=profile

O Lord God, Almighty in heaven, we pray that you would give your angels charge over these young men and women; O Lord extinguish all those fiery darts of the enemy. O Lord God, we pray; be their refuge O Lord, touch! have mercy on our troops.

We pray your heavenly angels will place shields over all of those young men and women, and surround them with your hedge of protaction as they move forward on that battlefield. O Lord, touch the hearts of any of our unsaved troops, and draw them closer to you at this very moment. we're praying for their salvation.

Father, we're standing in the gap for all of our troops and their family, we're asking these prayer request in your Son Jesus, precious name. AMEN!! WE THANK YOU FATHER!!! for answering our prayers for all of our troops all over the world, and their family.
Photobucket

Blessings,
WC

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN

New Creation:

AMEN AND AMEN....

Thanks Sarah. I will keep praying. I wish now I hadn't stopped.

I stand in agreement with you all for these precious men and women. These are heroes. I colver them with the blood of Christ and bind Psalm 91 protection to them.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_AFGHANISTAN?SITE=OHRAV&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Phoning home?

I assume that troops have their own cell
phone that is carried in their backpacks.

I can remember Pittsburgh doing a fund raiser for Christmas for the troops by purchasing calling
card so that the troops could call home.

AT&T 300-Min. Global Pre-Paid Phone Cards - 250 cards
Our Price - $3,750.00
*Shipping Fee - $18.95
Qty. 1 2 3 4 5

AT&T offers special low rates with calling card convenience for military personnel who are often away from home. Absolutely your best choice for low calling rates to the U.S. and around the world. Card is rechargeable, minutes never expire. (Each card has 300 mins. of state-to-state calling. 78 mins. of Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan calling to the U.S.; international rates are higher.

Please click here for the full terms and conditions.

So I don't think it would be imposible when faced with a life and death situation for a call to be
placed. Lord know's flight 93 in Shanksvile Pa.
were able to get several phone calls out in that
situation.

I have just seen this and I am so sad about the guys who were killed and wounded. Will continue to pray.

Six Nato troops killed in Marjah
By Matthew Green in Kabul

Published: February 19 2010 09:05

Six Nato troops have been killed in Afghanistan in the worst single-day loss for international forces since the launch of a big offensive to drive Taliban insurgents from the town of Marjah.

The deaths on Thursday, followed by the loss of another soldier on Friday, underscore the risks US, UK and Afghan troops face as they seek to clear what commanders describe as pockets of resistance by fighters digging in to resist one of the biggest operations launched by Nato in Afghanistan since 2001.

More than a dozen civilians have also lost their lives in the operation. Provincial officials said several dozen insurgents had been killed.

Nick Carter, the British commander of Nato forces in southern Afghanistan, said late on Thursday via a video link to the Pentagon that the offensive was facing resistance in Marjah and might take another month to clear the area of Taliban fighters.

“In Marjah itself there remains stiff resistance from the insurgents,” Maj-Gen Carter told reporters. “It will be some days before we can be completely confident that Marjah is secure.”

Maj-Gen Carter said it could take another three months to determine how successful the operation had been.

It is the first big offensive launched since Barack Obama, US president, ordered an extra 30,000 troops to Afghanistan in December, and is seen as an important test of whether the latest troop surge can have a lasting impact on the Taliban.

Commanders have said the assault on Marjah is part of a wider plan to secure population centres in southern Afghanistan, the focal point for the insurgency, that will give the Afghan government time to start building the institutions needed to deny insurgents support.

The offensive has taken place alongside signs that the Taliban is facing growing pressure in Pakistan, where the movement’s second-in-command and military chief, Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, was arrested last week in a joint US-Pakistan operation. Pakistani security officials said on Thursday they had also arrested two Taliban “shadow governors” – appointed by the movement to set up parallel administrations in two Afghan provinces.

An important part of US strategy for stabilising the region is to encourage Pakistan to crack down on Afghan insurgents operating from its territory while Nato forces increase the military pressure on the movement in Afghanistan.

Operation Prayer Surge Prayer Points
Prayer Surge NOW!

February 10, 2010

http://www.prayersurgenow.blogspot.com/

“WAR PREPARATIONS PROCEED ON ALL FRONTS – URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS”

U. S. DEFENSE PRESENCE TO EXPAND IN MIDDLE EAST; X-BAND RADAR TEST FAILS

20,000 more U.S. Protective Forces to Saudi Arabia

Jan. 30 -The New York Times and the Washington Post reported that the U.S. was working with Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf allies to ramp up arms sales and rapidly bolster the defenses of oil terminals and infrastructure against Iranian attack. The U.S. Navy increased the number of ships in the Mediterranean armed with missile defense systems and are keeping Aegis-guided missile cruisers on round-the-clock alert. The Post also reported that the U.S. planned to triple the size of a 10,000 - man protection force in Saudi Arabia, which are part of a broader push that includes unprecedented coordination of air defenses and expanded joint exercises between the U.S. and Arab militaries. All these moves may be aimed at increasing pressure on Tehran.

PRAY FOR THE PROTECTION OF ADDITIONAL U.S. TROOPS THAT MAY BE DEPLOYED TO THE MIDDLE EAST.

PRAY FOR TROOPS AND FAMILIES WHO WILL BEAR THE BURDEN OF YET MORE DEPLOYMENTS AS A RESULT OF THIS INCREASED COMMITMENT.

PRAY FOR DIVINE REVELATION TO MILITARY AND CIVILIAN LEADERS TO KNOW HOW TO MEET THE HUMAN AND FINANCIAL COSTS OF THESE DEPLOYMENTS.

U.S. Missile Defense X-Band Radar Tests Fail

Jan. 31 - A malfunction of an X-Band radar caused failure of a U.S. missile defense test against mock long-range missiles over the Pacific. "The Sea-Based X-Band radar did not perform as expected," said the Defense Department in Washington. The SBX radar is a critical part of the U.S. defense system against hostile long-range missiles that might be launched with potential chemical, biological or nuclear warheads. This system is a vital part of U.S. deployment of Gulf defenses against possible Iranian or Syrian missile attacks. Israel is counting heavily on the X-Band radar for repulsing retaliatory missile attacks in its military preparations for a possible strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

PRAY THAT THE MALFUNCTION OF THE X-BAND RADAR SYSTEM WILL BE QUICKLY IDENTIFIED AND CORRECTED AND THAT THE ENTIRE MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEM BE WILL BE WORKING SUCCESSFULLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

SYRIA – THREATENS ISRAELI CITIES

U.S. and other international leaders have been appealing to Bashar Assad for months to abandon his mutual defense and coalition pact with Iran. On January 20, when special envoy George Mitchell arrived in Damascus, he told Assad that President Obama appointed Robert S. Ford as ambassador to Syria. Ford is the U.S. deputy ambassador in Iraq, and was ambassador to Algeria from 2006-2008. At the same time, Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Moallem charged Israel with promoting an atmosphere of war in the region with threats against Gaza, South Lebanon, Iran, and Syria. One report suggested he was distorting calls by Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak for peace talks with Syria. He may also have been referencing the Israeli warning that if Syria supplies the SA-2 missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon, Damascus itself would be targeted. Syria has been training Hezbollah on using the missile systems, but has not supplied them. Moallem concluded: “Israel knows that if it declares war on Syria, such a war will reach its cities as well.” The statement is disturbing because it affirmed Syria’s alliance with Iran and Hezbollah in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon.

PRAY DIVISION, CONFUSION, AND DISSOLUTION INTO ANY DEFENSE ALLIANCE AMONG IRAN, TURKEY, SYRIA, LEBANON, AND GAZA.

PRAY THAT DEPLOYMENT OF THE SA-2 MISSILES FROM SYRIA TO LEBANON WILL BE FRUSTRATED AND STOPPED.

ISRAEL – RUMORS OF ISRAELI PREPARATIONS FOR MILITARY STRIKE ON IRANIAN NUCLEAR FACILITIES FROM PERSIAN GULF AND IRAQI KURDISTAN; IRON DOME SYSTEM AND IRON WALL ON GAZA; EGYPTIAN BORDER IN PROCESS

Egyptian military sources reported that the Israeli Navy, with U.S. assistance, has been charting Persian Gulf waters and its intelligence and special forces officers mapping northern Iraqi routes into Iran in preparation for an Israeli attack on its nuclear facilities.

An Iron Dome missile defense system tested on January 7, 2010 is supposed to be capable of intercepting all short-range rockets fired by Hamas in the Gaza Strip and by Hizbullah in Southern Lebanon. The system uses an advanced radar made by Elta that locates and tracks the rocket, which is then intercepted by a kinetic missile interceptor. It is scheduled to be operational mid-2010.

The U.S. endorsed the Iron Wall Egypt is building on the Gaza border, construction of which began December 22, 2009, designed to stop smuggling of weapons and terrorists.

PRAY FOR ACCELERATED DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF THE “IRON DOME” MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEM THAT WILL PROTECT ISRAELI CITIES, AND FOR COMPLETION OF THE “IRON” WALL BEING ERECTED BY EGYPT TO CLOSE THE SMUGGLING TUNNELS INTO THE GAZA STRIP.

IRAN – AHMADINEJAD DECLARES IRAN A NUCLEAR POWER; LONG RANGE MISSILE TECHNOLOGY ON DISPLAY; SHORT RANGE MISSILES TRIPLED IN NUMBER; AGREES THEN REVERSES ON NUCLEAR ENRICHMENT; U.S. ORDERS SANCTIONS WITHIN WEEKS

Feb. 3 - Missile Technology on Display Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad unveiled three new satellites, a carrier engine and a light booster rocket. The Kavoshgar-3 (Explorer-3) rocket is able to launch a satellite into orbit, and can also send a missile to any point on earth. It carried a bio-capsule with a mouse, two turtles and worms into space, suggesting both Iran's capability of manned space flights the ability to launch missiles tipped with nuclear, chemical or biological warheads.

This missile was an upgraded North Korean No-dong, and the “space” emphasis was a thin camouflage of the real focus of Iran's efforts to develop a 6,000-kilometer range ballistic missile that can reach every capital in Europe, from Vienna to London. Also on display was a next-generation booster rocket, called Simorgh, the Iranian version of the mythical Phoenix, equipped to carry a carry a 100-kilogram (220-pound) satellite 500 kilometers (310 miles) into orbit. Scheduled for production in two to three years with the help of Pyongyang and China, Simorgh can carry a missile to the East Coast of the U.S.

Recent reassessment of Iran’s shorter range missiles revealed that Iran has at least 300 medium-range missiles in operational service and is capable of producing another 10-12 a month, so that in a year's time, Tehran's missile arsenal will be boosted by another 40-50. In the fall of 2009, assessments put the number of ballistic missiles at 60-70, so their short-range missile capabilities have tripled.

Feb. 11 - Street Protests and Warning to the West from Ayatollah Khamanei and Ahmadinajad as Iran announces it is now a nuclear power

Iran's top opposition leaders Mousavi and Karroubi call for street protests on February 11, the 31st Anniversary of the Islamic revolution. Two protesters were hanged last week, 16 more went on trial last Saturday. Opposition leaders believe the demonstrations and sanctions could lead to regime collapse.

Ahmadinejad announced that the Judeo/Christian world will be given a harsh lesson on February 11, while the Ayatollah Khamenei stated, "The Iranian nation will punch the arrogance (of the western powers) on the 22nd of Bahman (February 11) in a way that will leave them stunned." The meaning of that statement became clear when President Ahmadinejad announced at a pro-regime rally that Iran had produced its first batch of uranium enriched to a higher level, and thus had become a nuclear state. Ahmadinejad also declared that Iran would not be bullied by the West into curtailing its nuclear program.

Apparently rescinding an offer made the day of its missiles display to send Iran's 3.5-percent enriched uranium overseas in return for 19.7 percent grade material, a UN proposal ignored for months, Ahmadinijad announced that instead Iran would begin its own enrichment of uranium up to 20%. 80-90% is necessary for weapons grade material. Iran may be betting that China will not support new sanctions through the UN Security Council because of its major investments in Iran.

President Obama and U.S. Defense Secretary Gates called for immediate sanctions within weeks, not months.

PRAY FOR COURAGE AND PERSEVERANCE FOR IRAN’S PEOPLE AS THEY SEEK TO REMOVE THE OPPRESSION OF THE CURRENT REGIME.

PRAY THAT GOD HIMSELF WILL THWART IRANIAN NUCLEAR WEAPONS, AND MISSILE DEVELOPMENT

PRAY FOR SANCTIONS TO BE IMPOSED BY THE U.S. AND OTHER NATIONS THAT WILL SUPPORT THE OPPOSITION MOVEMENT’S CRY FOR REGIME CHANGE.

Oh My goodness.

Father,
In the Mighty Name of Jesus I lift up our precious courageous men and women out there fighting for our freedom. Lord what they are facing right now is terrifying. They can only get through by Your protection and deliverance. As You have always been, I thank You, God of The ages, that battle is not anything new to You. I ask for Your protection to surround each one. For Mighty warring angels to come and stand guard with each soldier to protect their way.

Give them swiftness and wisdom and endurance that cannot be matched to any time. Let each one say "God was right there with me"! Let them have stories of miracles and deliverance that amazes everyone.

Give supernatural Peace to any family member who was called.

See us all through this. Part the Red Sea Lord. As You were with Gideon Please Be with these soldiers.

In the Blessed Name of Jesus
Amen

Thank you 2HH for this thread and your heart for our military members and their families!

Hope its all right to add the following links which encourage the rest of us to support and/or pray for our troops:

http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1280.html

http://prayercentral.net/engage-me/patrols/troops/todays-prayer

http://www.give2thetroops.org/

Hope the links are clickable - its my first attempt to try this...

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com