Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Through Jesus; access to Holiest Place!

This is such a wonderful message! Sent to me this morning by my sweet Mother. So reassuring that we can do nothing to add to the cross. Salvation alone in Jesus Christ does indeed allow us to directly into the Holy of Holies. We are to run boldly to the throne of grace now that Jesus has given us direct access. This is true spirituality. There is no pinnacle of personal spiritual enlightenment or worthiness that we can ever obtain by anything other than receiving Christ's finished work on the cross as propritiation for our sins! Be encouraged! Thank you Jesus! You desire intimacy with us and you provided the way! Let us enter in and rest in Him today!

Question: "What was the significance of the temple veil being torn in two when Jesus died?"

Answer: During the lifetime of Jesus, the holy temple in Jerusalem was the center of Jewish religious life. The temple was the place where animal sacrifices were carried out and worship according to the Law of Moses was followed faithfully. Hebrews 9:1-9 tells us that in the temple a veil separated the Holy of Holies—the earthly dwelling place of God’s presence—from the rest of the temple where men dwelt. This signified that man was separated from God by sin (Isaiah 59:1-2). Only the high priest was permitted to pass beyond this veil once each year (Exodus 30:10; Hebrews 9:7) to enter into God's presence for all of Israel and make atonement for their sins (Leviticus 16).

Solomon's temple was 30 cubits high (1 Kings 6:2), but Herod had increased the height to 40 cubits, according to the writings of Josephus, a first century Jewish historian. There is uncertainty as to the exact measurement of a cubit, but it is safe to assume that this veil was somewhere near 60 feet high. Josephus also tells us that the veil was four inches thick and that horses tied to each side could not pull the veil apart. The book of Exodus teaches that this thick veil was fashioned from blue, purple and scarlet material and fine twisted linen.

The size and thickness of the veil makes the events occurring at the moment of Jesus’ death on the cross so much more momentous. “And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom” (Matthew 27:50-51a).

So, what do we make of this? What significance does this torn veil have for us today? Above all, the tearing of the veil at the moment of Jesus' death dramatically symbolized that His sacrifice, the shedding of His own blood, was a sufficient atonement for sins. It signified that now the way into the Holy of Holies was open for all people, for all time, both Jew and Gentile.

When Jesus died, the veil was torn, and God moved out of that place never again to dwell in a temple made with hands (Acts 17:24). God was through with that temple and its religious system, and the temple and Jerusalem were left “desolate” (destroyed by the Romans) in A.D. 70, just as Jesus prophesied in Luke 13:35. As long as the temple stood, it signified the continuation of the Old Covenant. Hebrews 9:8-9 refers to the age that was passing away as the new covenant was being established (Hebrews 8:13).

In a sense, the veil was symbolic of Christ Himself as the only way to the Father (John 14:6). This is indicated by the fact that the high priest had to enter the Holy of Holies through the veil. Now Christ is our superior High Priest, and as believers in His finished work, we partake of His better priesthood. We can now enter the Holy of Holies through Him. Hebrews 10:19-20 says that the faithful enter into the sanctuary by the “blood of Jesus, by the new and living way which he opened for us through the veil, that is, through his flesh.” Here we see the image of Jesus’ flesh being torn for us just as He was tearing the veil for us.

The veil being torn from top to bottom is a fact of history. The profound significance of this event is explained in glorious detail in Hebrews. The things of the temple were shadows of things to come, and they all ultimately point us to Jesus Christ. He was the veil to the Holy of Holies, and through His death the faithful now have free access to God.

The veil in the temple was a constant reminder that sin renders humanity unfit for the presence of God. The fact that the sin offering was offered annually and countless other sacrifices repeated daily showed graphically that sin could not truly be atoned for or erased by mere animal sacrifices. Jesus Christ, through His death, has removed the barriers between God and man, and now we may approach Him with confidence and boldness (Hebrews 4:14-16).

Re: Through Jesus; access to Holiest Place!

Melanie , I believe that . Our intimacy started with Christ the first day of our salvation , yes , In Him we enter INTIMACY with the Father , The Son ,and The Holy Spirit.
Blessings for this post today . In Him , bon

Melanie, please give your mom a big hug for me. This is such a very beautifully written article and so TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, Truth will set us free!

I was thinking about the thickness of the veil - 4 inches - 4 is the number that represents the four corners of the earth. North, south, east, and west - all are welcome to come through Jesus the DOOR and enter in to fellowship with the Father and enjoy the beauties and peace and joy of heaven. Wonderful!

Bonnie and Sue, so glad you liked it! It really helped me see clearly in this area; thank you Jesus! Your Word sets captives free and blasts through false teaching! Here's another one she just sent; it is really good, too. Enter into His place of quiet and rest, a place of intimacy and fellowship with Him.

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. Isaiah 30:15

Into The Holy Of Holies

Are you looking for a place to rest? Longing for peace in the midst of a hectic life? You can find both in the same place -- the Holy of Holies.

Hebrews 10:19-20 states, "Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter into the Holy of Holies by the power and virtue in the blood of Jesus, by this fresh and living way which He initiated and dedicated and opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that is, through His flesh, and since we have such a great and wonderful and noble Priest Who rules over the house of God, let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith, having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water." We have the liberty to enter in to the Holy of Holies. But what is God's prescribed way to enter?

Moses was shown the heavenly pattern for the temple and recreated it as best as humanly possible. By looking at the Tabernacle in the Wilderness we can come to a better understanding of the way God intends for us to enter the Holy of Holies.

The first area of the tabernacle was the outer court which contained the altar and the lavar. The altar is a type of the cross. You cannot enter into God without the cross. At the cross our past sins are forgiven (Romans 3:25); sin is put away (2 Cor. 5:21); our old nature is crucified (Romans 6:6); and we devote ourselves as a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1-2). All four aspects of the altar must be dealt with.

The lavar typifies God's Word in three aspects -- as mirror (James 1:23-34), judge (John 12:47-48; 1 Cor. 11:31; 1 Peter 1:17), and as cleansing water (Eph. 5:25-27; 1 John 5:6). Those who came to the altar and did not wash at the lavar were subject to death (Ex. 30:17-21; Titus 3:5; John 13:6-8). As disciples of Yeshua (Jesus) we must cleanse ourselves of wordly contamination by studying God's Word. Once you've come by the water and the blood, the Holy Spirit bears witness to your spirit and assures you to move in to the Holy Place.

The first item in the Holy Place is the shewbread which represents our will. The shewbread was ground (totally yielded); molded (conformed to God -- delight to do His will); baked (tried by fire); placed in two rows of six loaves (ordered according to God's direction -- discipline); covered by frankincense (worship); perpetually before God's face; surrounded by a double protective crown (watch and pray -- Matthew 26:41); regularly dedicated afresh to God. We must be willing to keep our will open and constantly before the face of God.

The next item in the Holy Place is the seven branched lamp stand which represents our intellect. The lamp stand was fashioned from beaten gold. Through the renewing of our minds, by studying the Word of God, we allow the Holy Spirit to fashion our intellect to be pleasing to God (2 Cor. 10:5; Romans 8:7; 1 Thes. 5:8). The illumination of the intellect depends upon the yielding of the will (James 3:13-18).

The final item found in the Holy Place is the golden altar of incense which represents our emotions. Only after we bring our will and our intellect in line with God's requirements can we come to the right use of our emotions. The altar was square (balanced); had a protective crown (self-control); fire (intensity, passion for holiness); incense (devotion made fragrant by fire); smoke (adoration expressed in praise and worship); horns sanctified by blood (acceptance of Jesus' atonement); highest piece of furniture (adoration lifts us up); point of transition to the Holy of Holies.

Only through praise, worship and adoration can we enter in to God's presence -- into the Holy of Holies.

The only item in the Holy of Holies was the ark with the mercy seat. Inside the ark were three items: the two tablets of stone; the golden pot of manna; and Aaron's rod that budded. The tablets represent God's eternal law -- an expression of His righteousness. The pot of manna represents Yeshua, our true manna from heaven. Aaron's rod represents supernatural revelation received directly from God through Yeshua. And the only source of light was the manifest presence of God above the mercy seat.

The ark represents Yeshua. In Him God's law has been fulfilled and through Him God's law is written in our hearts. He is our spiritual manna. And through Him we receive supernatural revelation of God. When we are in Yeshua we are under the mercy of God (Romans 3:24-25; Hebrews 4:16). And when we are in His merciful presence we find His beautiful peace.

This all may sound complicated, but it really is quite simple. Accept the sacrifice that Yeshua made for you almost 2,000 years ago on a tree outside Jerusalem. Wash yourself with the water of the Word of God. Allow God to examine your will and desire to please Him. Spend time in praise and worship, learning to delight in the Lord. Enter into His presence. Find peace.

From undertheshadow.tripod.com

Hugs back at ya, Sue!
Thank you, Melanie for posting this study!

The Hebrew word for the number 4 is dalet~
It is related in origin with the Hebrew word 'delet', which means door! Is that what you were pointing us
to??

The veil was torn to make peace with God by which we can now enter into the Holy of Holies; by His blood that was shed on our behalf, once and for all.

Rev. 4:1
"After this I looked, and, behold a DOOR was opened
in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."

John 10:9a "I am the door;"

alleluia
Hugs back at ya, Sue!
Thank you, Melanie for posting this study!

The Hebrew word for the number 4 is dalet~
It is related in origin with the Hebrew word 'delet', which means door! Is that what you were pointing us
to??

The veil was torn to make peace with God by which we can now enter into the Holy of Holies; by His blood that was shed on our behalf, once and for all.

Rev. 4:1
"After this I looked, and, behold a DOOR was opened
in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."

John 10:9a "I am the door;"

Alleluia, I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open!! I know a little Hebrew but didn't realize that the number 4 in Hebrew IS door! I was just writing my response from what I got from Holy Spirit while reading the piece Melanie posted. That is exciting isn't it?

Sue, now I am the one sitting here with my mouth hanging open! WOW!
I thought you were totally baiting us to see the,
Door :)
Exciting.....you know it.

Amen Mel.. Its through our praise and worship that we can enter in.... not through anything else that we can do...we focus on Him not ourselves.... How blessed you are to have your mother!

alleluia... you just blessed my socks off :) thank you..

Joyful Susan

My favorite song !
So beautiful.

Joyful Susan, thank you for that beautiful song! I had never heard it before, but played it several times over as Shiloh was fussing in the sling, and it settled him right down and now he's sound asleep!

CJ, I just saw you are on rita and I am bumping this up for you. You were specifically on my mind when I posted this this morning- not sure if you saw it.

Melanie..Shiloh is resting in the Holy of Holies....

Seriously all these discusions have just brought me closer to the Lord..I have not even thought about this song in a couple of years.. dont get me wrong I still do spend time but when you have been many times you enter in faster each time after that......like Mary it is one of my favs and I spent a lot of time in the holy of Holies singing it at church... it came to a point that as soon as worship would start (after praise) I would enter in with no effort...or even before that I would be ready while others were probably still looking around and seeing who all is there..I was with Jesus... once you are there you desire more time....and your spirit become so tender and sensitive that it only take a thought and there you are face to face with Jesus.... praise be to the Most High... My father, Husband, Healer, Lover of my soul...who was and is and is to come... His only requirement of me is to worship Him...how hard can that be? Worship is what draws us near and closer...

Thank you so much for your post mel.... You are such a blessing and I am impressed with the wisdom that you have....You'll see me right at the feet of Jesus when we are all raptured out of here....

Joyful Sue, that was such a beautiful, heartfelt post! I can see through it how very much you love Jesus! You sure do encourage me to press deeper into Him and enter into that place in worship. I do know just what you mean, how when you are in there is satisfies one so deeply you never want to leave- I cannot wait till HEAVENLY WORSHIP! You know, just as I was writing that the Lord reminded me of the very fact that we will be singing a NEW SONG to the Lamb very soon after being raptured!! oh, wow!!
Bless you for your sweet words to me!

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 1 Corinthians 1:30

I am so glad that made sense...lol... i am really tired ....but I feel closer to Jesus today than I have in a long time..... I think everything works together for the good....and God is sooo good....today I believe that the Holy spirit was leading me into the truth, and I think this post was to remind me that I do meet Him in that Holy place.....our intimate private place.....

I can not wait to be singing a New song...I got chills writing that....

I already knew that you knew what I meant too :)

Good morning! Thought you might like this song!

Thank you Melanie for sharing this e-mail from your Mother.

The veil, 4 inches thick...this is amazing, and rent from THE TOP to the bottom.

I really enjoyed reading this study

Joe

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Dearest Melanie - I really enjoyed reading your post and learned quite a lot from it! I had no idea that the veil was 4 inches thick! I saw in my minds eye the veil ripping apart while our dear Lord was on the cross - that brought tears to my eyes! Thank you dear little sister for sharing that with us! Love you dear little one! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com