Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More Time With Jesus

I had posted my remarks on another thread but it is worth a post of its own.

Footnote: Regarding spending more time with Jesus - He is right here with me when I am on this board and laughing with us at Scott's jokes, singing the praise songs that Ditta, and Knight Michael, and Carlee and Kama have posted, sharing the excitement of different news pieces that are posted by Karen and others which are like road signs of where we are on the way to rapture. He is thrilled that we are all here praying for each other - He is the very heart of our prayers. Look at the wonderful miracles and answers and healings that have come from our UNITED prayers. Lisaleenie is a prime example.

So if everyone leaves RITA to "spend more time with the Lord" what about those who need prayer? Fellowship? News? A good laugh? Worship? Let's get real, it sounds very HOLY to say spend time with Jesus, very religious like a monk in a monastery somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Most of the people on this board are probably spending more alone time and more together time with Jesus than 99.44% of the rest of the Christian population. What happened to the "not forsaking the assembly of" scripture?

I have been up and down at different times during my time on RITA and have seen a few distressing things. The great things and the awesome, wonderful, loving and kind Christian men and women on this forum are far greater in number than some of the discussions that have brought everyone down. Let's get past majoring on minors and zoom out for the big picture. We all need each other and will more as the days pass. We are in the perilous times that Paul warned TImothy about. I don't intend to take my toys and go anywhere. I love you guys and gals too much. Jesus lives in each one of us through His precious Holy Spirit and the WORD says that wherever two or three are gathered together, that HE is in the midst of us. Sounds like a forum to me.

Re: More Time With Jesus

Great post Sis, this is exactly how I feel

YBIC
Randy

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

In my opinion Randy there is an attempt to wreck this forum by religious spirits that are twisting the truth and trying to make people feel guilty for being on the forum. The whispers of "you are not spending enough quality time with the Lord", or "not everyone agrees with you, you must be bad", or "not everyone agrees with you, they must be bad", "the blood of Jesus is not enough, you have to QUALIFY to be holy enough", "you have to work harder to be holy enough", "you have to separate yourself to be holy enough", blah, blah, blah.

I may be coming across like a sandpaper blast, but someone needs to speak up and call this devil out and send it off and out of our midst. The wolf always waits for the sheep that leaves the flock. Easier to kill it if it leaves the safety of the flock.

Being a native Texan, I know BS when I sees it!

I couldn't have said it any better Sue. You are thinking what I'm thinking. This forum is made up of wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ. I don't think anyone should leave this forum permanently. Good post.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Well said Sue!

I think you can spend time with the Lord and still post here at Rita. The only problem would be if you spent every waking moment online and did not spend any time with Him at all, which I do not think anyone does. I agree that He should come first in our lives, but completely shunning away from the forum may be a little harsh. But hey, who knows, just my opinion...

Thanks Kevin and Wendy. Spending time on RITA is not time taken away from Jesus, but in fact is additional time with Him and part of His body. When a prayer request comes up and I am sitting here reading it, I am asking the Lord how I should pray for that need. When a worship song is posted and I am listening I am praising God as I worship. When I read a post of someone's ideas related to a news article or a scripture, I am asking Holy Spirit to give me light and direction regarding it. We are as much with the Lord when seated at the computer as at church or any other place. He is in our midst and will never forsake us.

Texas Sue,

You are right......the Lord is with us as we fellowship on here. However, I really do understand where Charity and others are coming from. Over the years, the Lord has called me away from forums to spend time focused on Him.

For some of us (not all), the forum can be an idol OR a substitute for time with the Lord. We can get our tanks filled by reading what others have heard from Him in their quiet times and not have those precious quiet times ourselves.

Also, we can often get bogged down with reading the posts, answering, etc. and not have time to take care of our families, home and spend that quality time with the Lord.

I know that I struggle with wanting to run to the computer first thing in the morning instead of running to Jesus! He is a jealous God and He will often tell us to fast from the computer to get our focus where it needs to be.

It truly is a balance. For those called to go away and spend time with Him, it's okay. They will be back, but in a refreshed and limited way.

He is our First Love and I know, for one, that I need to spend more time with Him than I have spent on this computer! Conviction!

Email: marc.kama@sbcglobal.net

Texas Sue, You said:

[Let's get real, it sounds very HOLY to say spend time with Jesus, very religious like a monk in a monastery somewhere in the middle of nowhere.]

Having read your posts in the past, I KNOW without a doubt you didn't mean to come across so harsh, but that's how I took it.

Please, understand, others need to do what's right for THEM. It's not up to us to judge or say what's right or wrong for them. I appreciate Charity's position, ESPECIALLY knowing her love for the Lord and how busy she's been with her new baby and other children. She's a busy person, and RITA may just not be her main priority right now. But that's no reason to rip into her or say the above.

Please...try not to be so harsh in your judgments. I know you are probably hurt from the people saying they need "alone time with the Lord," but everyone is not at the same spiritual level, and you are probably very secure right now in your relationship and may not need the "alone time."

I pray with all my heart and being that you will not be offended by this post. I love you, dear one, and I hope you know that.

Lovingly, Rhonda

Rhonda, perhaps I should have been more specific. I am not criticizing Charity at all. I am saying that there is a religious spirit operating lately that is planting the idea in the mind of many that they are not holy enough, not ready enough, etc., and pulling many in other directions. The devil hates the unity and love he sees on RITA and I believe he is doing everything possible to pull everyone apart. That is my point. I apologize to your dear Charity and others if this was worded in a way that seemed harsh. That is not the way it was intended at all. Rhonda I appreciate you for pointing this out so it could be explained a little more clearly. Love you Sister!

Here are some thoughts that I have about RITA.

RITA truly is a ministry and a place to fellowship and grow in the knowledge of the Lord. On a personal note I probably should be using a little more self control limiting my time here, but I enjoy it so much I am working online all day already anyway, so I can jump back and forth from my work to RITA!

This place is so rich with fellowship, news, and pressing items to pray about like the Timothy Snodgrass request this morning. It is also a place where we can air all of our feelings and experiences in the Lord if we want to with people that understand.

In the world and in our families most just don't want to hear it or would think we are a little off just because of the rich experiences we have with the Lord.

A lot of us have been comforted with the prayers that have been offered here on RITA for our family members or ourselves.

This place is just so wonderful it is hard to walk away from! I love it here and will be checking RITA often until we are raptured out of here!

Hopefully those that decide to leave or slow down will feel comfortable to continue to contribute as they feel led!

One other thing, if I have offended any of you that are leaving or stepping aside I hope you will forgive me because I love each of you!!!

Great posts and points Texas Sue and Melissa! I don't believe Texas Sue was being harsh, but rather, bold, as in waking us up to something...

I think the issue is over "time out" as opposed to "leaving for good..."

We all respect, regard, admire and bless each one who feels they need to take a time out, whenever they need it, but we just hope the Lord leads you back at some point, because RITA is rooted and grounded in His love, and He is Lord of it, is He not?

I have found RITA to be a rich source in so many area's of my life, and I am willing to roll with the up's and down's, the punches and the in's and out's so to speak, because I believe that no matter what, it will always come back to Jesus as being our Light, our Love, Hope, Source, only Truth, and that on which we stand!

Kolleen
Great posts and points Texas Sue and Melissa! I don't believe Texas Sue was being harsh, but rather, bold, as in waking us up to something...

!

I agree, Texas Sue, you made great points.

The thought went through my mind when I use to work on high voltage lines, that I kept my mind on my work while doing that or I could be fired.

Did Jesus leave me during this time... Of course not, he had his angels there watching to make sure I didn't fry myself..

I also find that this forum has some good reports on very informative world news.

Like that Spiral in Norway, the Giants in Texas, and so much more that I would never have seen.

Those giants in Texas proved to me what I read in Enoch's writings were true.

The Norway incident has something of importance down the road for the people to watch out for, I'm thinking.

Like Kolleen stated maybe one need to take a time out for awhile..

God bless you all and hang onto the BLESSED HOPE, he is about here folks..

Joseph

Dearest Texas Sue & Melissa - last night after reading about Carlee leaving and then Charity, I was about to join the ranks and stop trying to beg everyone to stay and thought about leaving myself - then I prayed about it and then just read both of your posts - - long story short, I love all of you and being here at the forum is like being in one, long, continuous bible study - I love the fellowship and the love I receive each time I come here - we're one big family - I love you all! I hate that we have had members that want to leave and I respect their opinion to do so - will miss them, but none the less I respect their decision to do so.

I will continue here until 1. The good Lord comes to get us. 2. The forum asks me to leave. 3. I murder my computer over trying to get an avatar for my posts!

Texas Sue - I love you dear sister and admire the "true grit" that you have in your posts - you tell it like it is and I respect that in you - no beating around the bush - just the hard facts - that is a great quality in you, don't ever change dear sister!

Melissa - you remind me of a sheep dog - don't get the wrong idea, I'm not calling you a dog. I say sheep dog because like a sheep dog protecting his/her herd, you keep an eye on all of us sheep and when we start to stray, you herd us back into safety - and then come give us a big lick on the face letting us know that we are loved! I love you dear little sister and I love that fierce love you have for all of us!

So, here I am, here I'll stay until we meet in the clouds! Love all of you! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Oh, Texas Sue, you made some really good points here! I know that the enemy would love to get us to leave by causing strife between us, as I've said on other threads. That's why I don't participate in those discussions because I can see clearly what the enemy wants to do, and I refuse to play his game.

If there are those of us that the Lord is calling out to spend more time with him, then I respect that. But it would grieve my heart greatly if people were leaving if they were offended because someone hurt them in these debates.

And you are so right about me being an example of how this fellowship has helped and ministered to me personally. I do not think I would have gotten through all of this in my life without all of your love, prayers and support during these painful months. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!

Thank you for posting this, dear sister. Love you!!!

Amen to all of this. I personally have not felt an enemy spirit here and, this forum will never be dissolved, divided, whatever.

We are talking to many, many people we have never even seen, or known before, so, there will be some confusion among threads, but never any wrong intentions.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

(((We all need each other and will more as the days pass. We are in the perilous times that Paul warned TImothy about. I don't intend to take my toys and go anywhere. I love you guys and gals too much. Jesus lives in each one of us through His precious Holy Spirit and the WORD says that wherever two or three are gathered together, that HE is in the midst of us. Sounds like a forum to me.))

Amen, sister! I, for one, need the support I feel here at RITA. My prayer is that we can all stay here and continue our fellowship until Jesus returns! Everyone is important and brings some unique insight to the table. Together we compliment each other like the weave of a magnificent tapestry.

Texas Sue I just got through with my Arby's Onion Petals and I took a few hours away to get some arrands done; and I read your great message piece here!!!

You are just one high voltage stick of Dyno-All-MIGHT!!

I agree with everything you say!!! You have nailed the thing on the head with Smarty's HAMMER TOE!!!

Ms Victor Well I guess I am growing in my Christian maturity because before I have been compared to a bull dog!! Truly I do love everyone here and am very protective but hopefully I do not get on too many nerves!! Love you too big sis!

Melissa
Ms Victor Well I guess I am growing in my Christian maturity because before I have been compared to a bull dog!! Truly I do love everyone here and am very protective but hopefully I do not get on too many nerves!! Love you too big sis!

Melissa...I'm laughing....that was a sheep dog, not a bull dog!

And I do agree with Ms. Victor, you do have a very sweet protective quality about you, and I can't even imagine your getting on anyone's nerves!!!

Eileen You are sweet!! Really though if you talk to my family they will confirm the nerve thing, mainly my kids and my husband lol. I think my granddaughter is my main fan!

Kevin, Wendy, Kolleen, Rhonda, Melissa, Kama, R.J, Ms Victor, Lisaleenie, Maria, Diana and Scott, thanks so much for your additions to this post. All of you are what make RITA so special and such a welcome destination. I liked very much what Diana said about each giving a unique, rich part to Rita like a tapestry. That is such a wonderful comparison - a rich tapestry.

Ms. Victor, thanks for your kind remarks. I will try not to get too gritty though.

Lisaleenie, I am still so happy and excited about God's healing and the answer to our prayers. We have seen so many miracles from RITA prayer but I am still in awe everytime another wonderful answer comes through.

Scott - Miss Smarty's Hammer Toe!!

Joseph, I am still shaken by that story of the giant's home uncovered in Rockwall, Texas - that is a hair-raiser isn't it?

Love you all and love what you bring to RITA with your wisdom, humor, insights and prayer. Can't wait to meet you - maybe this weekend at Purim?

Melissa

Dearest Little sister - if you only knew how much I love sheep and sheep dogs! To me, when I picture our Lord, I see Him leading a herd of sheep into the heavens (you see, we are his sheep). So for me to refer to you as a sheep dog guarding the herd was a very endearing symbol to me - that is how much I love you dear soul - I can see you getting us (the Lord's sheep) together to go follow the master. Love you dear sister!

Bless your precious heart Ms Victor! I love you too! You are a wonderful encourager and very much appreciated here on RITA! Like someone said, everyone here on RITA is special in their own way and hopefully those that wanted to leave also will realize that they are each loved and appreciated too!

Feeling the love on this post; Sue, good words! The fact is that this site would be no oasis at all for us if all we had were our own knowledge to share. Thankfully, that is not the case, as there is much that each brings to the forum directly relating to their alone time with the Lord. In this way, as someone posted, we weave a living tapestry and testament of the love, power and reality of Jesus Christ!

You are right Melanie and you said it so beautifully.

Texas Sue,
This is one of the best threads I have seen in awhile! I love you all!

Big Mama, it sure is good to hear from you. I have missed you lately and glad you are still part of what Diana has beautfully called RITA, a "magnificient tapestry"

Thank you Texas Sue! You are a blessing to all of us!

I too may have to leave.....but not because I want to.

I may be in a position where I am no longer able to have web access. While Scot is able to go to the library.....well, I just don't know.

I love all here and will certainly keep you in my prayers. I promise to say good bye, should the occasion arise.

2 1/2 years is a long time, but we will have eternity together.

Hoping we arrive at the banquet soon! I love you all!

Francesca, I am not sure what kind of help you need but I will certainly be praying for you. I know that God is faithful to provide and supply what we need and I stand in agreement with you for whatever that is Francesca.

I'm afraid I waited too long to ask for prayer or help. I am trusting this is a necessary part of my journey before we reach home. Last week God brought pride to mind. I never thought I was guilty of that....oh well.

I do and would appreciate prayer. While my needs are mostly financial, I am trusting Jehovah Jireh for all my provisions and Jehovah Shalom to carry me through this chapter of my life. My health was not the best though I am doing better in that area today.

God is good, He is able and better than all He is faithful. He is my rock and my refuge. It is in Him I have my eternity and I will praise Him always in all ways. Thank you, Texas Sue.

It won't be long before we gaze upon our Saviour's face. Oh, what a wonderful day that will be.

No more tears and no more fears, no more pain and no more shame. Best of all I won't sin against Him any more.

What love He has toward us. Amazing!

Thank you, again, I love you,

Cesca

Amen amen and amen my little Texas sister! Your words make me want to start up with something like the Deadwood Stage Is Comin On Over the Hill or something equally feisty and true! Seriously I totally agree with every word you write. The Lord has been with us on RITA. The prayer I asked for and received here was answered by the Lord. He is here, with us in a real and meaningful way. We do serve Him here in fellowship and ministry with one another. Now I'm just going to find me that song... "the Deadwood Stage is comin' on over the hill!"
love
Ditta

Dear Francesca, it seems the enemy is attacking many in the financial area and that is because he is not only trying to steal and control all the bountiful blessings God placed in this world for us, but wants to destroy and rob us of our faith as well.

I have been where you are now and God has actually rescued me from the edge of the brink of disaster more than once. In the process and in the battle, I have learned to really hold onto the promises of supply with everything in me and my faith has increased and I can tell that yours is on the increase from what you say. Phillipians 4:19 has been my anchor in those storms (from the Amplified Bible):

And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus

Praying for you to be sheltered in the SECRET PLACE under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91)

Also Psslm 57:1: "Be merciful and gracious to me. O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, IN THE SHADOW OF YOUR WINGS will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed."

Texas Sue
Dear Francesca, it seems the enemy is attacking many in the financial area and that is because he is not only trying to steal and control all the bountiful blessings God placed in this world for us, but wants to destroy and rob us of our faith as well.

I have been where you are now and God has actually rescued me from the edge of the brink of disaster more than once. In the process and in the battle, I have learned to really hold onto the promises of supply with everything in me and my faith has increased and I can tell that yours is on the increase from what you say. Phillipians 4:19 has been my anchor in those storms (from the Amplified Bible):

And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus

Praying for you to be sheltered in the SECRET PLACE under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91)

Also Psslm 57:1: "Be merciful and gracious to me. O God, be merciful and gracious to me, for my soul takes refuge and finds shelter and confidence in You; yes, IN THE SHADOW OF YOUR WINGS will I take refuge and be confident until calamities and destructive storms are passed."

Dearest Francesca - I can't say it better than what Texas Sue has already said - she speaks true words of wisdom. I will pray for you and hold you in my thoughts.

Dearest Texas Sue - I love Psalm 57 - the Lord has lead me to that Psalm over and over again - and I always find peace and comfort while reading it!

Ditta, that's right, you are another example of UNITED RITA PRAYER. Healed and whole by the blood of Jesus prayed over you by everyone on RITA who loves you as a sister. Unity is a powerful weapon against the enemy of our souls.

I have never heard of the song you named but the title has sure raised my curiosity Ms Ditta!

Ms Victor, I know what you mean about Psalms 57. The first time that verse jumped out at me I was in a low time and it just pulled me up and out. The visual image of being wrapped in God's wings, invisible to the enemy, safe, secure and protected until all the danger is gone. Don't you just love it?

Texas Sue
Ms Victor, I know what you mean about Psalms 57. The first time that verse jumped out at me I was in a low time and it just pulled me up and out. The visual image of being wrapped in God's wings, invisible to the enemy, safe, secure and protected until all the danger is gone. Don't you just love it?

Texas Sue - not only does it comfort me when I am troubled, but it encourages me about the rapture - when I read Psalm 57 - it sounds like the rapture! I can see the rapture in Psalm 57 and 27!!

Texas Sue, . . I love you sister!!! Thank you for standing up for the Truth, for reminding us the importance that Scripture matters and keeping us grounded in the Mercy and Grace and awesome Salvation of God.

I just got back from vacation this week, and noticed the posts. I am sorry to read about those who've decided to leave.

Gonna write Bonnie, and thank her too for her contribution of anointed messages. Like you, T/Sue, Bonnie didn't back down over the Truth. I pray she returns.

I pray we can all stay together during calm times and especially through 'turbulent' discussions.

I, pray Charity will change her mind, and return when she feels rested, I hope she is not leaving us permanently.

As many have said here, and I believe it with all my heart, this forum is led by the Holy Spirit. We're all looking forward to our Rendevouz at the Heavenly Banquet Table, right?

Respecting us all as Family here . . . . and those who need a break, I pray it won't be long til you return . .

Love you guys!! . . TIL Jesus comes we'll stay close, huh!!

Glad your back sis...hope you had a good time.

Brenz

Donna,

I'm sure many will return, especially Charity. She was going like gang-busters on this forum, almost like a moderator!, with three babies to take care of and a ministry! It's not wonder the Lord told her to come away a bit!

We all get the call to "fast" from time to time from the computer, which can be all-consuming.

But then He often lets us come back.......

Email: marc.kama@sbcglobal.net

Donna, you are so dear and such an encourager. I love what you said here and agree completely:

from Donna: As many have said here, and I believe it with all my heart, this forum is led by the Holy Spirit. We're all looking forward to our Rendevouz at the Heavenly Banquet Table, right?

Respecting us all as Family here . . . . and those who need a break, I pray it won't be long til you return . .

Glad you had a fun vacation and even more glad that you are back!

Texas Sue, thank you again. I can't be reminded enough of the promises from our Father!

And Ms Victor, thank you for keeping me in your prayers.

May our gracious heavenly Father rain down blessings upon you both! You are also in my prayers.

Francesca, thank you so much for your kindness. You are in my prayers also.

Donna, when I responded to your post, I intended to ask you when you email Bonnie to let her know how much we love her. So many of us enjoyed her teaching and the solid foundation of scripture in her posts. We sure do need her. Put my name in the request for her to return. Love you Bonnie!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com