<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"The Covenant with Many" - Whose Covenant? (& who are the 'Many'?)

Gina McCray (24 Feb 2010) 5 Doves

This is where the "confirm a covenant with many" of Daniel 9:27 comes to play. Everyone has always thought that the "covenant with many" would be a peace plan between Israel and the Palestinians.

The Palestinians will NEVER agree to anything less than the total destruction of Israel and tiny Israel cannot give away much more land.

There will never be any peace plan acceptable. Many have tried through the years but all have failed at their "peace plans".

After the Psalm 83 war a Mid-East peace plan will be a moot point.

God cannot and will not allow Israel to be destroyed and will not allow His land to be given away. We are now at the precipice of the end of time and Obama strong-armming Israel to give away land and divide Jerusalem.

God cannot stand for His Holy city to be divided. That is another reason why everything is coming to a head with the soon advent of the Psalm 83 War.

This covenant has to be an agreement already in place as it is going to be "confirmed". It will not be a convenant of men, but of God as His convenant is all that is important - God does not care about mere men's agreements !

The covenant in question will be God's covenant giving the land to Abraham and his descendants- Genesis 15:18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

...After the war, the antichrist will stand up for Israel's right to keep her God-given land from the Psalm 83 war. He may even acknowledge the fact that this extra land is actually God's covenant land given to Israel.

You decide . . . a differing, extremely interesting concept of the "Covenant with Many (All the decendants of Issac)

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Website: pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=0&cmd=search&searchby=user&searchfor=scuggers

Re: "The Covenant with Many" - Whose Covenant? (& who are the 'Many'?)

Scuggers this is a very important subject you raise! I think you might be on to something major!!!

I too got to thinking about this Health Care Summit today!! They said maybe it will be ready to go in effect at the end of March 2010!!!

That is the date of the Passover Feast!!!

Could this covenant of death be for the whole house of Israel even Isaac and his promised offspring!!!

This could be it my friend!!!!!

I have only heard in the recent months about this Psalm 83 war. I read Psalm 83, and I'm wondering if it is really describing a future war or not? I believe that Isaiah 17:1 will be fulfilled shortly, since Damascus is the longest continually inhabited city in the world. I also believe that Ezekiel 38 & 39 will be fulfilled in the not too distant future. I'm just not sure about Psalm 83 describing a future war.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Scott..

I don't understand how a health bill, in the US, could effect Israel, Isaac and his offspring..and be the covenant that God prophecized about. There are Christians all over the world.

'splain please.

Sarah! Booooo! Gatcha!!! I just answered this for ya on my post about this very same subject my good friend!!!!

Good old Scuggers came through with a great post here!!!

This deserves a whole lot of debate and thinking!!!!

I believe I may research this real good to see if it has a life of it's own!!!

Scott...

Lol I guess you did get me. I saw the other post and replied there..

I have never thought of the "many" in the same way that you wrote..I also will have to look more into it.

Thanks

Khog
I have only heard in the recent months about this Psalm 83 war. I read Psalm 83, and I'm wondering if it is really describing a future war or not? I believe that Isaiah 17:1 will be fulfilled shortly, since Damascus is the longest continually inhabited city in the world. I also believe that Ezekiel 38 & 39 will be fulfilled in the not too distant future. I'm just not sure about Psalm 83 describing a future war.

Kevin

Kevin,
I know what you mean. It's been called the Amos War for nearly 20 years. The Books of Amos, Obadiah, Psalms 2,46,83 &110 etc.

This may or may not happen before or concurrently with the Eze 38 invasion but could be a lead-into it maybe this Summer.

If so, it doesn't mean that Israel will get all the covenant land returned but maybe just a bigger portion of it and for only a short period of time.

The entire boundary would be given during the millennium.

Website: pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=0&cmd=search&searchby=user&searchfor=scuggers

I've always looked at it like this:

The AC will "confirm" a covenant with 'many' at the start of the trib as well, due to: Notice it says, confirm, or another way of putting it, "Make strong".

So, there may already be a covenant, (Oslo, Madrid, Lisbon, Annapolis???) but, it hasn't been "confirmed' or made strong yet. That's why many believe that it will be a peace treaty between Israel, and the "many'. But who exactly are the many????

I believe the many are their (Israels'), immediate neighbors, the surrounding Islamic nations. (Gaza, lebannon, Syria, part of Jordan, etc...) I also think, (my opion) is that Psalm 83/Isaiah 17, will be what triggers the confirmation of the Covenant or 'treaty'. The horrific nature of this battle, will have the world demanding a Peace Treaty.

I'm thinking that Pslam 83 and Isaiah 17 are both describing the same war. If you compare the nations listed in each battle, and the outcome of the battles, you'll see pretty much the same nations being described. Also, so many of them will be destroyed, that Israel will be able to comfortably be "a village of unwalled people"; being confident that they've taken care of the problem of their immediate neighbors, thus thinking that they can now bow to world pressure for "Peace and Safety", and sign a Peace Treaty. Probably with U.N. troops guarding the borders, which will be naturally enlarged, as a consequence of the battle.

And, The AC will be the one to broker the agreement between the parties and put the muscle and guarantee behind it, IMO.

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

So, who's covenant it is, God's covenant with Israel, or Israels covenant with the "many". It comes down to who you think the 'he' is, in Dan. 9:27. This is a difficult passage, and there are many schools of thought on that. I happen to think the 'he' is the AC, because of the corrolating verses that go with it:

Some corrolating verses are, I believe:

Isa 28:15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

If it was a covenant with God, it wouldn't be a covenant with hell and death. They wouldn't be hiding under falsehood.

Then, Mid Point of the 7 yrs, the AC breaks the covenant/treaty beginning with Desolation of Abomination. The covenant/treaty is disannulled.

Isa 28:18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it. ( the overflowing scourge and being trodden down by it, sounds very much like Ezekial 38, 39.

Another corrolating verse:

Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Just my 2 cents.

AbideInHim,

That is the way I see the sequence of events happening also. I expect Isaiah 17:1 happening very soon.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Khog
AbideInHim,

That is the way I see the sequence of events happening also. I expect Isaiah 17:1 happening very soon.

Kevin

Thanks AbideInHim, Kevin,
Since you put it that way I believe you are correct!
Yes, the covenant with death they will make

Website: whatsaiththescripture.com/Timeline/Big.Chart.Intro.html

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com