Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Dream

I am posting this song for two reasons. 1) It is just simply beautiful and beautifully sung by this decade's most celebrated "underdog" Susan Boyles.

2. The song symbolizes the dreams of this world that are often thwarted, broken and shattered because the world is in a fallen state. We have all had wonderful dreams about what our life would be when we were young and then saw them broken and unfulfilled so we felt like failures. This song is a reminder to me that the true best dreams of our heart will be fulfilled and realized in our relationship with Jesus, our Bridegroom and our sweet Savior.

Re: The Dream

Sue, that is such a poignant and tragic song. I saw Les Miserables when I was a teenager at the Kennedy Center and this song was beautiful sung in person. This world has nothing to offer that is fulfilling. Jesus is the closest and truest friend that you will ever find.

Melanie, you are right. There is nothing in this world that would tempt me to leave Jesus and what He has promised. Glad you enjoyed the song, as it is very beautiful.

Susan Boyle is by far my favorite living singer!
There was Anita Carter, and now there is Susan--
beautiful, with the voice of an angel

Thank you for this thread, Sue. Susan singing "I Dreamed a Dream" always brings tears to my eyes. I absolutely love it and can relate to her. (She had minor brain damage at birth [and oh how I so relate at times]). She is an awesome example of amazing grace and I hope and pray that she is saved.

Please pray for Susan Boyle.

(This woman is a class act!) I encourage everyone to buy her CD: "I Dreamed a Dream. Every song is a stunning performance, excellent selection, my favorites being "I Dreamed a Dream," "Amazing Grace," "How Great Thou Art," and "Silent Night"!

Please pray for Susan Boyle. She is under much pressure and pray that she is saved.

Email: Bobmix98@yahoo.com

Thank you, Texas Sue! I could really feel the Lord's presence in her singing. I had chills all over hearing her beautiful voice, and the words of the song are very powerful. I am still awestruck by the gift that the Lord gave her. I, too, pray that she is saved.

I didn't see the talent show that she was on, but I heard that the audience was making fun of her until they heard her voice....then they were so touched by the beauty of her voice there were tears in their eyes and they gave her a standing ovation. Did anyone see that?

I don't know if this came out on any of the shows but I read that the reason she had never married or attempted a singing career before now was because she was taking care of her parents, both ill for many years. They have since both passed away but this dear woman spent her life caring for each of them daily. What a sacrifice and how God has honored her for honoring her parents.

I believe she is saved. Such humility is evidenced in all she says and does and that is not of this world. The video link posted just above is the youtube from "Britain's Got Talent" where she is interviewed briefly before performing and then right after. Wonderful!

I am both awed and deeply touched by this remarkable woman. She has the voice of an angel. Imagine, taking care of her parents and putting her life on hold to do that until they passed away. I pray that the Lord blesses her greatly for that. I agree that she does bear the fruit of someone who is saved.

I still have tears in my eyes. Thank you for sharing this, Texas Sue!!

Lisaleenie, I have watched this video so many times from the show and everytime I am crying before the end of it. It is so moving, so touching. I would be willing to bet that this is the most watched video ever. Wouldn't you love to meet this dear woman? She seems so sweet, down-to-earth and humble.

Yes, like you, I would just LOVE to meet this dear lady.

Wasn't it amazing that just before Susan sang, you could see the mockery on the faces of the audience...and even the judges? But just seconds after she started to sing, every mocking face turned into expressions of respect, amazement, and admiration.

P.S. I just loved how the Lord INSTANTLY turned things around for this sweet lady.

Now you girls Lisa-Lee and Texas Sue or making me fall head over heels in love with a girly artist!!!

I am solidly a heavy metal christian type music lover plus I don't easily bend my vocal taste to a higher octave singer; unless they are a screaming Rock singer like Petra or Desifer Down or Switchfoot's John Foreman!!!

What are you woman trying to do to me---Feminize my music taste now?!!!!

Scarby take off that skirt and rub off that lipstick from your ugly kisser and let's go out for a couple of rootbeers!!!!

Texas Sue I really enjoyed that Susan Boyle song, I dreamed a dream!! It reminded me somewhat of the girl Abba vocalists in those great ballad's by that great band!!!

Maybe it is because of the accent in Susan's voice!!!!

I thought that was cute Susan how Miss Doyle cleared her throat by coughing just before the start of the video!!! That was a cool effect that she did by leaving it in the recording for realism!!!Hee! Hee!!!

BTTT just because it is such a wonderful song and miraculous story for Susan Boyle.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com