Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
John MacArthur's book - just a smidgen disappointed -

I'm reading John MacArthur Explains the Book of Revelation BECAUSE THE TIME IS NEAR.

On Page 290, Chapter: The Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ:

2. The Regiments of the Conqueror
And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen,white and clean, were following Him on white horses(19:14}

Jesus Christ will be accompanied by "the armies which are in heaven." Four divisions make up these glorified troops. First will be the bride of the Lamb (the church), already pictured wearing "fine linen, bright and clean" (verses 7-8). Second will be the tribulation believers, who also have been pictured in heaven wearing white robes (7:9). The third group is the Old Testament saints, who are resurrected at the end of the tribulation. (Daniel 12:1-2) Finally, the holy angels will also accompany Christ (Matthew 25:31). The white horses ridden by the heavenly cavalry are not literal horses. Unlike Christ, the heavenly army is unarmed. He alone will destroy His enemies. The saints will come not to fight with Jesus, but to reign with Him (20:4-6).

I'm surprised to hear we won't be literally riding white horses. I've never heard anyone say that before. I am just a "smidgen" disappointed. Anyone else feel this way?... and then again, maybe he's "wrong".

Re: John MacArthur's book - just a smidgen disappointed -

I think when the bible says white horses, it means white horses. I think it needs to be taken literally. I'm not sure why John would say that. He is not showing any evidence to support his opinion, so I think he might be wrong.

I have read a few near death testimonies where people have said they've seen the horses in heaven, so I wouldn't be too disappointed by what he said.

In my opinion...

I'm with you Diane! I'm really looking forward to that!!!

I believe if the word says "FOLLOWING HIM ON WHITE HORSES" then it should not be interpreted any other way. Sometimes we can't wrap our minds around certain things so we have the tendency to bring things down to our level and way of thinking. I would have to disagree with Mr. MacArthur on that point.

I was listening to a pastor on TBN give his interpretation of what the verse meant when it says "if you do not forgive men there trespasses then the Heavenly Father will not forgive you". He sat there and interpret that scripture COMPLETELY FALSE than how it is written. He said that not forgiving someone does not hurt your relationship with God, it just means that you haven't fully grasped how much the Lord has forgiven you.....FALSE FALSE FALSE! That's why it's so important to get alone with Jesus and let Him teach us.

Trinity
I believe if the word says "FOLLOWING HIM ON WHITE HORSES" then it should not be interpreted any other way. Sometimes we can't wrap our minds around certain things so we have the tendency to bring things down to our level and way of thinking. I would have to disagree with Mr. MacArthur on that point.

I was listening to a pastor on TBN give his interpretation of what the verse meant when it says "if you do not forgive men there trespasses then the Heavenly Father will not forgive you". He sat there and interpret that scripture COMPLETELY FALSE than how it is written. He said that not forgiving someone does not hurt your relationship with God, it just means that you haven't fully grasped how much the Lord has forgiven you.....FALSE FALSE FALSE! That's why it's so important to get alone with Jesus and let Him teach us.

I agree Trinity - I can't imagine why Mr. MacArthur would make that statement either. I think the Bible should be taken literally too - "following Him on white horses" - why would the apostle John write this if it was not inspired by the Holy Spirit and all truth?

My Precious brothers and/or sisters in CHRIST,

RE: HORSES in Heaven... Please read Mary K. Baxter's book titled 'DIVINE REVELATION OF HEAVEN' as you will find out that there are lots of huge white horses in Heaven. Mary says they look like chiseled chess pieces, very majestic looking! Here is an excerpt from her online book at www.SpiritLessons.com :

GOD OPENED THE BOOK
Immediately, we were transported to a huge place with thousands and thousands of people and heavenly beings. Oh, it was beautiful!

In a little while the people seemed to fade away, and an even greater display of God’s glory began to appear everywhere. The high praises of God became thunderous.
The angelic messenger took me to the throne of God.
I saw a huge cloud, a mist, and I saw an image of the Being in the cloud. I could not see God’s face, but I saw the glory of God and a rainbow over the throne. I heard the voice of God, and it sounded to me just as John de scribed it: "I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder" (Revelation 14:2). In this mighty arena, I saw many HORSES with riders beside the throne.

Suddenly, I saw a book lying on the huge altar in front of God’s throne. I saw angels bowing before Him. Standing in awe, I watched this scene, and I saw what looked like a man’s hand come out of the cloud and open up the book.

Somehow I knew it was the hand of God that opened the book. Amazed, I saw what looked like smoke ascending from the book. Suddenly, the most beautiful perfume I ever smelled filled the whole area where I stood. The angel told me that this book contains the prayers of the saints and that God was sending His angels to earth to answer the prayers from the cries of their hearts. Every body was praising and magnifying God.

As God opened up the book, pages began to come out of the volume and fly into the hands of the angels on the HORSES. I could hear His voice, "like the voice of loud thunder," shouting and saying, "Go, answer her prayers!
Go, answer his prayers!"

You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?
When I cry out to You,
Then my enemies will turn back;
This I know, because God is for me.
In God (I will praise His word),
In the LORD (I will praise His word), ‘ In God I have put my trust;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
(Psalm 56:8-11)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also, here is another excerpt I know will bless you as it did me the 1st time I read it a few years ago:

HORSES OF HEAVEN

Traveling on with the angel, we passed a place where there were beautiful, WHITE HORSES. I remembered reading in Revelation about horses and how Jesus will one day be astride a WHITE HORSE, leading the armies of heaven, who will also be riding WHITE HORSES:

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a WHITE HORSE. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.

His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on WHITE HORSES.
(Revelation 19:11-14)

These HORSES looked as noble as marble chess pieces. They looked as if they were huge statues that had been chiseled out of boulders, but they were real and alive. Their hooves were gigantic. They were pure white and very regal.

A woman dressed in a beautiful robe was smiling and talking to the HORSES, directing them to bow their knees in praise to God. All of them, at the same time, bowed their right knees and praised the Lord!

I thought, "Oh, how beautiful!" And I remembered reading in the Bible that every creature in heaven and on earth would honor and praise God:

I have sworn by Myself the word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath.
(Isaiah 45:23)

" For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
(Romans 14:11)

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
(Philippians 2:9-11)

Every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: "Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!"
(Revelation 5:13)

Peace, joy, and happiness were everywhere. I could hear people praising God.

Suddenly, I could no longer see the angel with me, but there stood Jesus. He seemed to me to be very tall in stature, and He wore a robe that was distinctive from the robes of others.

His piercing eyes were beautiful. He had what looked like a neatly-trimmed beard and very thick hair. I remember looking at Him and thinking that the tenderness in His eyes is be yond a writer’s description. The loveliness of the Blessed Savior was awe-inspiring and wonderful.

Everything within me wanted to praise Him, to worship and bow before Him, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ. Glory and power billowed all around Him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've always loved horses, though I never had one, so this especially blesses me :) One of my ultimate desires is to ride one of those WHITE HORSES with my BELOVED!

I wish I knew how to underline and bold the text to make words stand out more. Hopefully you will be able to read it ok.

From HIS Heart

Teresa

Email: frmHIShrt@ca.rr.com

I do respect John MacArthur's writings, but in this case I would strongly disagree with what he said because the Bible clearly states that we're going to be following Jesus with white horses.

It's funny, I was talking with an unbelieving frend yesterday, and I said the exact same thing, so it's really ironic that you posted this, Shirley!!!

I go by what the Bible says, period. I know how disappointing it is when a respected writer says something different, believe me. But when in doubt, always go by what the Bible teaches. That is our authority, not man's interpretation.

Interesting post, Shirley . . thanks, sis.

Just goes to show us, huh, that man's interpretation is not perfect.

Still, Holy Spirit's Way is choosing men and women to speak forth the gospel Truth as written in Scripture.

I admit, I've asked our Lord many times why Jesus uses frail mankind to witness His Truth.

The answer seems to be that He loves to involve His Family along the Way of His Truth, yet, let's us know God's glory is altogether His.

I have so much respect for John MacArthur and his teachings. All of us have flaws, and thankfully we can run to His written Word when in doubt.

Teresa I enjoyed reading Mary Baxter's vision you shared with us. Amen!!! All in Heaven which no doubt includes the animals there express Praise to our Creator God and Lord Jesus Christ,

As Jesus said on earth, even the rocks shall cry out.

Donna, what a gracious response towards John MacArthur's statement about the horses. I actually felt a little convicted when I read it, because I realized I came off as critical towards what he said, and I really didn't mean to be. Yikes!!

Thank you, Donna, I loved the kind spirit in what you said.

Lisaleenie

I go by what the Bible says, period. I know how disappointing it is when a respected writer says something different, believe me. But when in doubt, always go by what the Bible teaches. That is our authority, not man's interpretation.

So true, Lisaleenie . . your above reply sparked my reply, too . . thanks, sis

Hey there Shirley, after we get to Heaven and everyone gets all settled in we can go down to the RITA Tack Post and pick up some Horsey Treats for our white steeds...I'm sure they would appreciate a little treat as we get to know them

In Christ's Love,
Joe

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Shirley and Joseph, can I join you at the tack room . . I luv, luv these animals . . can't wait to ride.

I'm convinced our Lord has picked out for His saints a perfect horse for each one.

Yesssserrrrrie!!! even now our horses are prancing and hoofing

just waiting for the glorified church to join our Jesus at Christ's return!!!

Joseph
Hey there Shirley, after we get to Heaven and everyone gets all settled in we can go down to the RITA Tack Post and pick up some Horsey Treats for our white steeds...I'm sure they would appreciate a little treat as we get to know them

In Christ's Love,
Joe

That sounds really good to me Joseph!! I can hardly wait!! It's been a really loooong time since I've just hung on tight and let the horse just fly (mostly on the way BACK to the barn) Feeling the wind in my hair, grinnin from ear to ear, but scared at the same time.

(I have a "sneaking suspicion" that horses are pretty special to Jesus too. )

Donna, we're gonna have so much fun, all of us riding horses in a group with Jesus!!!!! Can you imagine riding beautiful trails, pastures, galloping along laughing with Jesus, with no fear whatsoever????

We all have soooo much to look forward to. ]

Yeah, I really respect John MacArthur's writings too but I think he got this one wrong.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com