<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
We're recording a M 8.5 Earthquake in Chile as I type.

We're recording a M 8.5 Earthquake in Chile as I type.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/at00725245.php

HUGE EVENT!!! http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/S_America.php

I'll be praying in agreement with all of you for this situation.

Joe

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Re: We're recording a M 8.5 Earthquake in Chile as I type.

Thats huge! Poor folks

Joseph, I am usually not up this late but tonight is an exception. Just saw this and it is an enormous quake. Checked on a couple of news sites and they don't have the story yet. Don't have TV so don't know about Fox. Praying for the people there. I guess we will know soon. Thanks for posting dear brother.

The larger Long waves, the 3rd in the series of any earthquake, are recording now Abbershay.

No doubt, it's going to be a big mess.

The pictures in the video are so pretty in that area of South America.

Thank you for posting so we can see where these poor folks live...how sad.

The good news...we can pray, pray, pray
for them.

Just found this on Fox online:

Massive Magnitude 8.5 Quake Hits Chile
Saturday, February 27, 2010

BREAKING NEWS — A massive magnitude-8.5 earthquake struck near Concepcion, Chile, early on Saturday, the USGS reported, shaking buildings and causing blackouts in parts of the capital of Santiago.

A Reuters witness reported shaking buildings and loss of electricity in Santiago, which is north of the epicenter.

The earthquake struck 56 miles northeast of Concepcion at a depth of 34 miles at 3:34 a.m./1:34 EST/0643 GMT. The quake was initially reported at a magnitude of 8.3.

The Reuters witness reported a very strong shaking lasted for 10 to 30 seconds.

A tsunami warning was issued early on Saturday for Chile and Peru and a tsunami watch was issued for Ecuador, the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center reported.

The center said: "An earthquake of this size has the potential to generate a destructive tsunami that can strike coastlines near the epicenter within minutes and more distant

You're welcome "LilSis"

I'm glad Abbershay and you saw this as your prayers are appreciated.

I'll catch you and Abbershay tomorrow sometime...I'll be gone most of the day if tournament basketball games are still on. We are getting blowing and drifting snow.

In Christ's Love,
Joe

Thanks Texas Sue, this is the first news report I've seen since the event...appreciate you posting the info.

Dear Sis I'm off to bed...till later...

The birth pangs are coming closer and closer together. We are ready to come to a brand new life.

I am praying for these people as I speak.

Now they said 8.8, and yesterday a 7.0 on Japan, huge quakes days apart instead of months and years?

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

Massive Magnitude 8.8 Quake Hits Chile, Killing Dozens

BREAKING NEWS — A massive 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck Chile early Saturday, collapsing buildings, killing dozens and downing phone lines. President Michele Bachelet declared a "state of catastrophe" in central Chile and said the death toll was rising.

Continued:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587565,00.html

Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issues warning for Hawaii, calling for 'urgent action to protect lives and property' for the state, which is among 53 nations and territories subject to tsunami warnings

Earthquake toll climbs as major aftershocks and tsunami hit Chile
The warning was issued after the magnitude 8.8 earthquake struck the coast of Chile

Agencies
Published: 15:30 February 27, 2010

A climb in the death toll has been reported and ssunami warnings issued over a wide area, after an 8.8-magnitude earthquake struck Chile on Saturday.

Buildings collapsed and phone lines and electricity were down, making the extent of the damage difficult to determine.

Warnings have been issued in 53 nations and territories, including South America, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, Japan, the Philippines, Russia and many Pacific islands.

In less than three hours following the 90-second quake, the US Geological Survey reported 11 aftershocks, of which five measured 6.0 or above.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center called for "urgent action to protect lives and property" in Hawaii, which is among 53 nations and territories subject to tsunami warnings.

Chile's President Michele Bachelet has declared a "state of catastrophe". She said earlier that at least six people were killed. CNN reported that as many as 52 people were killed.

Bachelet said "without a doubt, with an earthquake of this magnitude, there will be more deaths."

She said a huge wave reached a populated area in the Robinson Crusoe Islands, 660km off the Chilean coast. There were no immediate reports of major damage there.

"We have had a huge earthquake," Bachelet said Saturday, appealing for Chileans to remain calm. She added: "We're doing everything we can with all the forces we have. Any information we will share immediately."

She urged people to avoid traveling in the dark, since traffic lights are down, to avoid causing more fatalities.

Some Twitter feeds quoted local TV stations as reporting that the toll was at 10 and a 6-feet tsunami struck coastal Chile.

An Associated Press Television News cameraman said some buildings have collapsed in Santiago, where power was out in parts of the city.

The US Geological Survey said the quake hit 325km southwest of Santiago and at a depth of 35km at 3:34 am.

Its epicenter was just 115km from Concepcion, Chile's second-largest city, where more than 200,000 people live along the Bio Bio river. According to a 2002 census, Concepcion is one of the largest cities in Chile with a population of around 670,000.

People streamed onto the streets of the capital, hugging each other and crying, and there were blackouts in parts of the city. An earthquake of magnitude 8 or over can cause "tremendous damage," the USGS says.

The quake that devastated Haiti's capital Port-au-Prince on January 12 was rated at magnitude 7.0.

The US government said a second aftershock measuring 5.6 hit central Chile early Saturday, after the first aftershock measuring 6.2 hit was recorded at 3.52 am.

The second aftershock occurred at 4:33 local time (0733) GMT, according to the US Geological Survey. Its epicentre was in the Pacific Ocean, 109 kilometers (68 miles) northwest of Temuco and at a depth of 35 kilometers (21.7 miles), the survey said.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said the Chile quake generated a tsunami that may have been destructive along the coast near the epicenter "and could also be a threat to more distant coasts."

It issued a tsunami warning for Chile and Peru, and a tsunami watch for Ecuador, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica and Antarctica.

The Philippines' government also warned coastal communities on the eastern side of the archipelago on Saturday to prepare for possible evacuation after the Chile earthquake.

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology said that the 8.8-magnitude earthquake could generate a destructive tsunami that could hit coastlines on the western Pacific.

"No evacuation order is in effect but communities along the east coast of the country are advised to wait for further information and to prepare for possible evacuation," the government institute said in an advisory.

"Coastal areas fronting the Pacific Ocean... should keep watch," the advisory said. It said that the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre in Hawaii would monitor the sea levels and report if any tsunami activity was detected.

In 1960, Chile was hit by the world's biggest earthquake since records dating back to 1900. The 9.5 magnitude quake devastated the south-central city of Valdivia, killing 1,655 people and sending a tsunami which battered Easter Islandoff Chile's Pacific seaboard and continued as far as Hawaii, Japan and the Philippines.

I felt strongly this is what is called the beginning of sorrow revealed as in Revelation book.

We're really approaching the tribulation time the beginning of sorrow ....

We need to pray more for these people who need salvation especially those who are struck by these earthquakes and also others and of course Adonai's people the Jews.

I have been told in my heart as we pray for those unsaved ones including especially Israel including Jews then at our time of departure, our prayer has become cries to Adonai for His grace and mercy for Israel and unsaved ones so Adonai will provide umbrella of protection upon these people as the prayer of the Saints that have been put into stockpile for their salvation ready to be fulfilled by then.

Hawaii Officials Reportedly to Evacuate Coastal Areas After Chile Quake Triggers Tsunami Warning

EWA BEACH, Hawaii — Hawaii officials are reportedly planning to evacuate coastal areas and residents living in flooding zones as soon as the sun rises in the islands Saturday, KHON2.com reported.

A tsunami warning was in effect for Hawaii following a massive earthquake that struck central Chile.

Oahu Civil Defense officials have posted an evacuation zone map on their Web site and say the evacuation zones can also be found on the white pages in phone books, KHON2.com reported.

The evacuations will begin at 6 a.m. Saturday (11 a.m. EST), KHON2.com reported.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center also issued a tsunami advisory for the coast of California and an Alaskan coastal area from Kodiak to Attu islands.

The first waves were expected to arrive in Hawaii at 11:19 a.m. (4:19 p.m. EST).

The center said a tsunami has been generated that could cause damage along coastlines of all islands in the Hawaii. It said a tsunami in California and Alaska was possible.

The Ewa Beach, Hawaii-based center called for "urgent action to protect lives and property" in Hawaii, which is among 53 nations and territories subject to tsunami warnings.

"The main thing is we want everyone to take this event seriously," said Charles McCreery, director of the center.

McCreery said he didn't know how big the waves will be, but he expected them to be the largest to hit Hawaii since 1964.

If coastal areas are evacuated, visitors in Waikiki would be moved to higher floors in their hotels, rather than moved out of the tourist district, which could cause gridlock.

"We've got a lot of things going for us," McCreery said. "We have a reasonable lead time. The evacuation should all take place during daylight hours, and wave impact should be during daylight hours.

"We should be able to alert everyone in harm's way to move out of the evacuation zones."

Barry Hirschon, also of the Tsunami center, said the advisory for the California coast and parts of Alaska was the agency's lowest level alert.

"It's a heads up that there's been a tsunami event and it could affect the coasts later," Hirschon told CNN. "I don't think it will be updated to a warning."

The largest earthquake ever recorded struck the same area of Chile in 1960. The deadly wave that it caused raced across the Pacific and hit the Hilo area of the Big Island, where 61 people were killed.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

T/Sue,

If I remember correctly, CNN and Fox News has streaming reporting just like what you can see on TV. If you want some updates try visiting these sites.

Love...........................Lynn

Email: ljpoohbunny@insightbb.com

Geneustace
I felt strongly this is what is called the beginning of sorrow revealed as in Revelation book.

We're really approaching the tribulation time the beginning of sorrow ....

We need to pray more for these people who need salvation especially those who are struck by these earthquakes and also others and of course Adonai's people the Jews.

I have been told in my heart as we pray for those unsaved ones including especially Israel including Jews then at our time of departure, our prayer has become cries to Adonai for His grace and mercy for Israel and unsaved ones so Adonai will provide umbrella of protection upon these people as the prayer of the Saints that have been put into stockpile for their salvation ready to be fulfilled by then.

Geneustace, I agree with you, these are like birth pangs coming faster and faster. Praying as you have said.

I have some dear friends who are missionaries and were in Chile for years,, in the southern part of Chile, not too long ago they knew it was time to leave.

I just heard that the southern part of Chile may have been hit the hardest.

What an awesome God that takes care of His children, He took them out of Chile before the earthquake. But more importantly He put them in Chile so people could hear the "GOOD NEWS"

I am sure they have good friends there though.

This is a huge quake,thanks Joseph

Yes Sparrow - reports are that this quake is one of the top 10 since the time earthquakes started being tracked. Also, this one is 500 times stronger than the Haiti quake

Wendy..

I just heard on Fox that it is actually 1000 times more powerful than Haiti Yikes!!!!

sparrow
This is a huge quake,thanks Joseph

Sparrow you are welcome dear "LilSis" and yes ladies, as Fox reported 1000 times larger than the Haiti event.

Hard to imagine what those poor folks are going through, but we know our prayers will help.

Keep up the good work.

In Christ's Love,
Joe

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com