Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How does anyone buy gold? Or silver?

I have a question for anyone who may have some good advice - how does a person go about investing in gold (not planning on needing it) but loved ones are going to need it left behind).

Who is a reputable gold dealer? Has anyone here done any of this and I would like to leave what little I have in cash to be left in gold or silver to be of benefit for loved ones, at least until it's not useful anymore either.

I see the commercials on TV all the time but am scared and don't know who is trustworthy.

Thanks for any advice you may have

Re: How does anyone buy gold? Or silver?

I got most of my Gold and Silver on ebay and this site

Buy Gold and Silver

Nothing but pavement where we are going

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

Randy
I got most of my Gold and Silver on ebay and this site

Buy Gold and Silver

Nothing but pavement where we are going

Thanks Randy - I will check this out. So you are satisfied with what you got and they are reputable?

And ain't it ironic Randy what you said about it being nothing but pavement where we're going? Hallelujiah! We won't have to worry about having enough money anymore. [

I can help you....I have a friend who is a Christian dealer. Get back to me at my e-mail....jonoedw@hotmail.com. Good luck

Email: jonoedw@hotmail.com

Sister Shirley, I have been pleased with all of my purchases from Lear, and ebay also

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

I buy all mine from bulliondirect.com They take credit card and have some really good prices. They are a bit slow to ship ( can take up to 4 weeks ) but have never not gotten a shipment.

ybiC,
Jayson

The bible says that Gold & Silver will be cast into the streets because it will be worthless. I wouldn't invest in anything the bible says will be worth nothing.

I know Darlene - I am just thinking about possibly the first part of the tribulation, there may be some time that gold would be accepted and possibly the only thing accepted.(without having to use the mark of the beast). Don't know exactly when the mark of the beast will start (thinking it's the middle of the tribulation, but not for certain).

I'm thinking it would help some family member left behind for a period of time possibly. It won't make any difference then anyway, it'll all be useless once the mark of the beast takes effect. My family does know they can NEVER take the mark of the beast. They do listen to me that much thank goodness.

This paper stuff we have will be useless at some point (before gold that is). Scarey to think about.

Shirley, according to that one article I found on 5 Doves about GS1 - they plan to begin RFID "chipping" Americans this year 2010. We have to be leaving soon. You know we won't be here for that. What a wild moment in history this is.

RANDY - I love your "pavement" remark.

Wow Sue - It's hard to believe it would start being mandatory to be chipped this year, but I know things are sure speeding up in every other way, so it's very possible. I'm thinking there will be a period of time when all a person could use is gold, which is why Jesus tells the rich man to weep because his gold has come to nothing.

I'm not planning on being here when any of that is going on! But I fear for those left behind, to have something to bargain with. (without taking the mark of the beast)! I can't get my husband to let me store up rations, etc. (cause he thinks I've gone off the deep end).

Just my thinkin'

Darlene
The bible says that Gold & Silver will be cast into the streets because it will be worthless. I wouldn't invest in anything the bible says will be worth nothing.

I agree with Darlene, Shirley, I really do. I think the best thing you can leave your loved ones is water and food. Money, gold, and silver are going to be worthless.

Ezekiel 7:19 (KJV)
They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.

Translate removed as confiscated. The governments of the world will still be greedy and they will want to hoard that which has always been used for currency in the past. But it will avail them nothing for it will not save them from God's wrath.

Until the middle of the Tribulation when it becomes mandatory to take the mark and that no one will be able to buy or sell without it...Gold will still be a better investment then currency which is collapsing worldwide. However food will become much more scarce. So setting some aside is probably not a bad idea either for those left behind.

Right, Michael.

There is a time & place for everything. I think silver & gold will be useful for a time. We just have to make sure that we do not covet it, as it can become an idol.

There will come a time in the Day of The Lord, where no one will be able to do anything for themselves without the help of the Lord. All the supports of this world will fail as God shows them that there is no Salvation except through Yeshua.

Right now, and perhaps in the near future, silver & gold will be useful as currencies around the globe begin to fail. Most, if not all currencies, will become eventually worthless, and the masses will then demand a new economic order for the planet.

Eventually, when the world's economies totally collapse, &/or are taken over by the Mark of the Beast System, there will no longer be any use for the metals, as pure raw survival will be the only thing on most people's minds. With no functioning economy, or with the Mark of the Beast forcing any Believers to opt-out of their mandatory System, a system of barter for the basic necessities will be the only form of economy left.

When that happens, those who must endure will need clean water, edible food, warm clothing, shelter, medicines and protection more than anything else. And there will likely be none to be had on the street. How much gold does it cost to buy something that cannot be found or purchased at any price? Then, their silver will be tossed into the streets as worthless.

The idea I think is to prepare now by investing in clean water, water purification, edible food, warm clothing, portable shelter, stabilized fuel, medicines and protection while we still can. Only then would I consider investing in precious metals. Everything should have it's priority, and eventually food & medicine will become more valuable than gold & silver, so diversify accordingly.

And many foods can store for 20 or 30 years, so your investment there will not be short-lived. And shorter shelf-life food items can be rotated out as needed as you are always in need of food. Also consider food storage as a hedge vs. inflation, shortages, and general hard-times. What you buy today might cost 2x as much next year, or might not be available at all if there is a food shortage like there currently is with tomatoes. Your funds will be well invested.

I hope & pray that we will soon be going home, and will never need such emergency supplies. But we can't know that for sure, so we prepare- just in case. And for those left behind, your charitable investments today may make the difference between life and death in the Day of the Wrath of the LORD. Pray that they may be a blessing for whoever needs them when the time comes.

Peace

Shirley,

I have been buying silver and gold for 10 years now.
It has been a wise investment for us thus far.

You can simply buy gold and silver from your local coin dealer (numismatic dealer). Always take possession and never buy paper investments.

Silver is the less expensive way to go. For example, I buy about 100 dollars a month worth of silver quarters. These are quarters that were made before 1965 which still contain real silver. My local coin shop always has these and sometimes I buy breakaways which are 1 ounce silver pieces. It has been quite an educational experience all around.

There may come a time when it will be valuable for trading if we are here when our dollar falls on its face. If we are not here then like you I hope it helps someone else.

Good Luck.
Michelle

Has anyone noticed all the "We Buy Gold" stores popping up everywhere? Ever since they started appearing (it seems to be on) every street corner, I've had the feeling that the gov't is behind them. In order to buy up and control all the gold. As you may recall from history, in the 1930's under FDR, it became illegal for privete citizens to own gold. Then in 1980's (correct me if I am wrong) that ban was lifted.

There was a time when the US Dollar was backed by gold, then after WW1 the Federal Reserve was created. The dollar was no longer backed by gold, although some were backed with silver. You can sometime find old Silver Certificates. In 1964, our currency was no longer backed by any metal, gold or silver.

What we are left with is (pretty much) worthless paper and tin plated coins. Before long, it's going to be much like post-WW1 Germany....

1 Loaf of Bread = A wheelbarrow full of bank notes.

Lisaleenie
Darlene

I agree with Darlene, Shirley, I really do. I think the best thing you can leave your loved ones is water and food. Money, gold, and silver are going to be worthless.

I have to agree with Darlene and Lisaleenie also, I wouldn't trust anything in something the Bible says will be completely worthless.

Who really needs more pavement??

I bought some gold back in the 1980s through a gold exchange.. Talk to someone in your bank and they will tell you how to do it.

BUT NOTICE THIS.. IRS is like blood hounds when you want to sell it.

I find it more trouble than it's worth. So I do not mess with gold anymore.

Also, as for the end times, the Bible states that they will throw their gold and silver into the streets because it's useless..

Eze 7:19 They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumbling block of their iniquity.

Also, personally, I would never buy gold off Ebay. A Person can electro-plate over real money which means that you just wasted lot of money for nothing..

Our treasure is laid up in Heaven thru our Lord and Savior Jesus...

Joseph

From the move Chisim, with John Wayne, the bad guy asked Chisim - "did you bring gold? Silver? John Chisim says "nope, just lead".

My husband says that's the only metal that will be worth anything in the Trib. LOL!

I signed up for automatic delivery of 15 gallons of purified water each month for the next 12 months. So yes, water is my main concern.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com