Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Countdown to the rapture - PLEASE READ

Hi friends,

I read this today and it really spoke to my heart as many things in it, the Lord has also spoken to me, especially about keeping our Sundays holy, please read carefully, this is very serious in the Lords eyes!

http://community.icontact.com/p/blazingholyfire/newsletters/rapture/posts/countdown-to-the-rapture-vol-6

Email: jan.sabrina@pandora.be

Re: Countdown to the rapture - PLEASE READ

According to the Bible, isn't the Sabbath Saturday?
If anything I think we as Christians have adapted to worship on Sunday due to some politcal movement of the Roman Catholic Church some hundreds of years ago.

I have been wrestling with this topic alot recently.
The Pastor from Amazing Facts, Pstr. Bachleror, (spelling?) is a firm believer that we should still be observing the Sabbath and that it is satan's plan to deceive us into thinking that Sunday is the day.

Comments Please.

Jesus is my sabbath rest-everday....Reasons why Jesus Christ has become our Sabbath Rest
The Sabbath was a command given specifically to Israel.
There is no biblical record whatsoever of anybody keeping the Sabbath prior to Exodus 16 (Neh. 9:13-14). Even after they received the full-blown Sabbath command (Ex. 20:8-11), Israel who often condemned the sins of her pagan neighbors, never criticized their violation of the Sabbath.

The Sabbath was part of God’s ceremonial law and not grounded in His unchanging character.
The Sabbath was a ceremonial law given specifically to Israel, not grounded in God’s unchanging nature. Similar to the entire old covenant, it has been fulfilled and brought to completion in Christ (Mt. 5:17). If David had a right to make an exception in the ceremonial law, Jesus had more (Mt. 12:1-8; c.f 5:21-48). Even Jesus said," The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath" (Mk. 2:27). Moreover, He called Himself the "Lord of the Sabbath" (Lk. 6:5).

The Sabbath was the sign of the Old Covenant
(Ex. 31:16-17; Neh. 9:14; Eze. 20:12). Because we are now under the New Covenant we are no longer under obligation to keep the Old Covenant, particularly the sign of the Old Covenant. The writer to the Hebrews remarked, "When He said, ‘A new covenant,’ He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear" (Heb. 8:13).

The New Testament nowhere commands Christians to observe the Sabbath.
The church is warned of many sins in the New Testament, but breaking (or observing) the Sabbath is never mentioned. The book of Acts mentions the Sabbath nine times, never once as a day of worship for Christians. If anything, the Apostle Paul rebuked the Galatians for attempting to add the observance of days to the sufficiency of Christ’s work for salvation (Gal. 4:9-11). The church even changed their day of worship from Saturday (the Jewish Sabbath) to Sunday (the Lord’s Day) (Ac. 20:7; 1 Cor. 16:2) to show that a new order had been erected with the resurrection of Christ (Jn. 20:1, 19).

Jesus Christ through His redemptive work regained the Sabbath that Adam lost.
Jesus Christ came to complete a redemptive work (Jn. 4:34; 5:36) by restoring the rest that was forfeited in the Garden. In following the same pattern for the first creation, Jesus Christ began the work spoken of in Genesis 3:15 (c.f. Gen. 1:3). He completed the work on the cross (Jn. 17:4; 19:30; c.f. Gen. 1:5). The work was met with God’s satisfaction by the resurrection and ascension of Christ (Rom. 1:3-4; Gen. 1:4) leading again to divine rest (Heb. 10:11-12; c.f. Gen. 2:1-3).

The Sabbath was a sign that pointed to something greater.
Like much of the Old Testament, the Sabbath pointed to Jesus Christ. The Old Testament Sabbath preached the gospel when it called for faith and a cessation of work (Rom. 4:4-5). We dishonor our Savior when the signs still receive the preeminence that He alone deserves. Now that Jesus is here, the signs have become obsolete (Heb. 8:13). The Apostle Paul said, "Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ" (Col. 2:16-17). Jesus is the new Joshua that leads God’s children to a greater Promised Land of rest (Mt. 1:21). Jesus is the new Sabbatical Jubilee (Lev. 25:8-10) that provides a greater cancellation of debts (Lk. 4:18-19).

Jesus Christ has now become the Sabbath rest for Christians under the New Covenant.
God has completed His work of the new creation. Christians are the first fruits of that creation (2 Cor.. 5:17; Gal. 6:15). Our rest, as it was enjoyed by Adam everyday, has again been restored. During this life we still deal with some remnants of the curse, but we recognize our rest in Christ (from meritorious works) through faith and daily worship (Col. 3:17). Due to His redemptive work, He has become our Sabbath rest. Jesus said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Mt. 11:28-30; c.f. Heb. 4:1-11).

The Christian’s ultimate Sabbath rest will be enjoyed in heaven
(Rev. 14:13; c.f. 14:11). Though we currently rest in Jesus Christ under the New Covenant, our supreme Sabbatical rest will be realized in heaven where we will enjoy the ultimate rest in the culmination of God’s new creation (Rev. 21:4; 22:1-2) away from the curse in the direct presence of the Lamb (Rev. 22:3).

BACK

Every day you set apart for the Lord is a Sabbath day (f.e. during the week). But the day you choose to worship the Lord in church is the Sabbath day to keep holy. In most churches this is Sunday. I believe this is a day of rest for us and even our animals, so we can focus completely on the Lord.

I know in my case, in the past, I went after church to do some sport or watch tv and I know now how much this was unrespectful to the Lord. After the Lord told me to keep His day holy, I just do it, it's all about Him anyways, not about us.

We have no problem to accept all the commandments in the new testament, the 10 commandments, not suggestions, keeping the Sabbath is the 4th.

I never intented to make this a discussion, please read the article and the things in the fire books (link in the article) the people were showed in hell.

If we love Him, we keep His commandments.

Please read following link with much of explanation why this is still a command for us now:

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/misc/Keep_Sabbath_Holy/index.htm

Michelle
According to the Bible, isn't the Sabbath Saturday?
If anything I think we as Christians have adapted to worship on Sunday due to some politcal movement of the Roman Catholic Church some hundreds of years ago.

I have been wrestling with this topic alot recently.
The Pastor from Amazing Facts, Pstr. Bachleror, (spelling?) is a firm believer that we should still be observing the Sabbath and that it is satan's plan to deceive us into thinking that Sunday is the day.

Comments Please.

Amazing Facts is a Seventh Day Adventist ministry for what that is worth. The Saturday sabbath was the sign of the Mosaic covenant to Israel.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong you worship either on Sunday or Saturday, nothing related to salvation. It only maybe again maybe just maybe related to the blessing. This is like there is nothing wrong you want to celebrate the Feasts of the Lord in old testament or not, not related to salvation but it just related to the blessing. When I read carefully about those who celebrates Sabath and Feasts of the Lord, there are more blessings to them literally than those who don't celebrate it. Since then, I began to comply with that. God never abandoned Sabath either Feasts of the Lord celebrations, and I then realized we have to celebrate this if we want to get blessed more literally and it happens literally to our live since then. We begin to celebrate Sabath (Saturdays) and Feast of the Lord since July 2009 when I joined Mesianic Churches. Since then a lot of spiritual growth as physical blessings come to our family as promised from the Bible happens to our family. Well that's all I can say. Anyway, our family still come to both days, Saturdays and Sundays right now because in our Saturdays, there is not enough knowledge for children as provided in Children Sunday School, so we keep also going to the church every Sunday.
Again nothing related to salvation, it just related to the blessings. Look at the promise, there are blessings in it, believe it and it comes to you.

May Yeshua always gives all of us wisdom to understand and heart of love to express the love of God in our life on earth.

Your always shining brightly for the Lord Sabrina
Thank you for sharing this information!

I have seen battle after battle on this subject.

It is very simple for me.

Every day is a day of Love and Adoration to OUR LOVING LORD.

Days are labels, what is truly in your heart is what counts.

The TRUE SABBATH DAY IS SATURDAY which got switched by the roman catholic operation.

Period - end of story!

johnmac - a humble servant of the LORD

Email: voyagerjm@earthlink.net

Johnmac
The TRUE SABBATH DAY IS SATURDAY which got switched by the roman catholic operation.

Period - end of story!

Untrue.

The Sabbath was set by the moon originally. It was a Lunar Sabbath. The true weekly seventh day Sabbath of the scriptures is always observed on the same days of the moon each month - on the new moon and then on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th after the new moon.

LunarSabbath.org

LunarSabbath.com

Satyrday is just another deception that came from the Romans. But, with the work week as it is now... few can follow the "original" Sabbath dictated by the phase of the moon.

I think you will find if you research that the Jews resisted going to Satyrday for over a century before relenting to that day because of the work week calendar instituted by the RC church.

I agree with this: "Every day is a day of Love and Adoration to OUR LOVING LORD." If you can take a Sabbath on the true lunar day, it is an extra blessing for sure.

I'm with Sparrow: "Jesus is my sabbath rest- every day."

I completally agree with Sparrow view on it.

we are so distant from old testament standing. Look, we are the temple of Holy Spirit and have open access to the Holy of Holies of God anyday. Sabbath was just shadow of true things brougth by Jesus Christ as many other OT laws. Even the Law was a babysitter till the time of Christ.

Many people try to get us back to Old testament position and to the shadows. Yes Law did came through Moses (including Sabath observance) but GRACE and TRUTH came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17).

You know we are hidden in Christ, actually I died... I am dead, and my life is in Christ (Col.3:3) So if I am dead, I have to belive that Christ does well in all things, including keeping the Sabath right!?! Haleluja, it is His business!!!

If I can advice anything on understanding of God´s wisdom for this matter, please take your Bible and read very slowly and prayerfully Collosians chapter 2.

Love in Christ,

Ales

So true. He knows our hearts. As long as we take a day of rest for Him, that is what is most important.

Colossians 2:16-17

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to religous festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however is found in Christ.

Email: marc.kama@sbcglobal.net

Good word, Kama.

TN Dove

The Sabbath was set by the moon originally. It was a Lunar Sabbath. The true weekly seventh day Sabbath of the scriptures is always observed on the same days of the moon each month - on the new moon and then on the 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th after the new moon.

LunarSabbath.org

LunarSabbath.com

Satyrday is just another deception that came from the Romans. But, with the work week as it is now... few can follow the "original" Sabbath dictated by the phase of the moon.

I agree with this: "Every day is a day of Love and Adoration to OUR LOVING LORD." If you can take a Sabbath on the true lunar day, it is an extra blessing for sure.

I'm with Sparrow: "Jesus is my sabbath rest- every day."

Thanks TN Dove, I agree and I'm learning a lot these days about the bogus calendars. Thank God we can still tell time from the moon!

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

I totally agree, God created all things, in just SIX days, then He did not create the seventh day, He just rested.

All the calendars are messed up, there is only a six day a week calendar to be implimented !!!

The Aviv Barley Biblical Calendar - Which calendar is correct?

So, does barley have to be fully ripe in order to be considered Aviv? If we look at Lev. 2:14, we will get a clear answer to this question.

This verse states that the bikkurim (firstfruits) offering can be brought either as Aviv parched in fire, or as crushed Carmel. There is a major clue here, because this verse offers the Israelite two options for bringing the firstfruits of his barley crop.

You see, as it develops its grains, the barley plant first fills out each kernel with a watery substance, then gradually places more and more starch into each grain, so that as the grain ripens, it becomes harder and drier.

When grain is fully ripe, it is hard and dry enough that it can be crushed into flour. If the grain is entirely unripe, then nothing but a hull would remain if parched in fire. If it is almost, but not quite ripe, it still has too much moisture content in order to be crushed into flour, and would rot if stored without having been further dried, but it still has enough starch in it that something would remain if the grain were to be parched in fire.

No doubt, the Israelite farmer needed something of substance that he could bring as an offering. If his grain was fully ripe, he could simply crush it into flour and bring that. However, if it was not fully ripe, this verse gives him the option of parching it in fire and bringing that as his offering.

So this is what the Torah calls Aviv: barley that is ripe enough to be offered as parched in fire, but still too moist to be crushed into flour as is.

The Aviv Barley Biblical Calendar

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Re: The Aviv Barley Biblical Calendar - Which calendar is correct?

Scuggers,

The best source I've found for this is a Karaite Jew named Nehemiah Gordon.

Here's his take on Abib:

Abib (Barley)

Biblical Leap Years

The Biblical year begins with the first New Moon after the barley in Israel reaches the stage in its ripeness called Abib. The period between one year and the next is either 12 or 13 lunar months. Because of this, it is important to check the state of the Barley crops at the end of the 12th month. If the barley is Abib at this time, then the following New Moon is Hodesh Ha-Aviv ("New Moon of the Abib"). If the barley is still immature, we must wait another month and then check the barley again at the end of the 13th month.

By convention, a 12-month year is referred to as a Regular Year while a 13th month year is referred to as a Leap Year. This should not be confused with Leap Years in the Gregorian (Christian) Calendar, which involve the "intercalation" (addition) of a single day (Feb. 29). In contrast, the Biblical Leap Year involves the intercalation of an entire lunar month ("Thirteenth Month", also called "Adar Bet"). In general, it can only be determined whether a year is a Leap Year a few days before the end of the 12th Month.

Where is Abib Mentioned in the Hebrew Bible?

The story of the Exodus relates "This day you are going out in the the month of the Abib." (Ex 13,4).

To commemorate that we left Egypt in the month of the Abib, we are instructed to bring the Passover sacrifice and celebrate the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Hag HaMatzot) at this time of year. In Dt 16,1 we are commanded:

"Keep the month of the Abib and make the Passover (sacrifice) to YHWH your God at night, because in the month of the Abib YHWH your God took you out of Egypt". [click here to hear the verse in Hebrew!]

Similarly, we are commanded in Ex 23,15:

"You will keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread; seven days you will eat unleavened bread, as I have commanded you, at the time of the month of the Abib, because in it you went out of Egypt."

The same is commanded in Ex 34,18:

"You will keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread; seven days you will eat unleavened bread, as have I commanded you, at the time of the month of the Abib, because in the month of the Abib you went out of Egypt."

What is Abib?

Abib indicates a stage in the development of the barley crops. This is clear from Ex 9,31-32 which describes the devastation caused by the plague of hail:

"And the flax and the barley were smitten, because the barley was Abib and the flax was Giv'ol. And the wheat and the spelt were not smitten because they were dark (Afilot)."

The above passage relates that the barley crops were destroyed by the hail while the wheat and spelt were not damaged. To understand the reason for this we must look at how grain develops. When grains are early in their development they are flexible and have a dark green color. As they become ripe they take on a light yellowish hue and become more brittle. The reason that the barley was destroyed and the wheat was not is that the barley had reached the stage in its development called Abib and as a result had become brittle enough to be damaged by the hail. In contrast, the wheat and spelt were still early enough in their development, at a stage when they were flexible and not susceptible to being damaged by hail. The description of the wheat and spelt as "dark" (Afilot) indicates that they were still in the stage when they were deep green and had not yet begun to lighten into the light yellowish hue which characterizes ripe grains. In contrast, the barley had reached the stage of Abib at which time it was no longer "dark" and at this point it probably had begun to develop golden streaks.

Parched Abib

We know from several passages that barley which is in the state of Abib has not completely ripened, but has ripened enough so that its seeds can be eaten parched in fire. Parched barley was a commonly eaten food in ancient Israel and is mentioned in numerous passages in the Hebrew Bible as either "Abib parched (Kalui) in fire" (Lev 2,14) or in the abbreviated form "parched (Kalui/ Kali)" (Lev 23,14; Jos 5,11; 1Sam 17,17; 1Sam 25,18; 2Sam 17,28; Ruth 2,14).

While still early in its development, barley has not yet produced large enough and firm enough seeds to produce food through parching. This early in its development, when the "head" has just come out of the shaft, the seeds are not substantial enough to produce any food. At a later stage, the seeds have grown in size and have filled with liquid. At this point the seeds will shrivel up when parched and will only produce empty skins. Over time the liquid is replaced with dry material and when enough dry material has amassed the seeds will be able to yield "barley parched in fire".

Abib and the Harvest

The month of the Abib is the month which commences after the barley has reached the stage of Abib. 2-3 weeks after the beginning of the month the barley has moved beyond the stage of Abib and is ready to be brought as the "wave-sheaf offering" (Hanafat HaOmer). The "wave-sheaf offering" is a sacrifice brought from the first stalks cut in the harvest and is brought on the Sunday which falls out during Passover (Hag HaMatzot). This is described in Lev 23,10-11:

"When you come to the land which I give you, and harvest its harvest, you will bring the sheaf of the beginning of your harvest to the priest. And he will wave the sheaf before YHWH so you will be accepted; on the morrow after the Sabbath the priest will wave it."

From this it is clear that the barley, which was Abib at the beginning of the month, has become harvest-ready 15-21 days later (i.e by the Sunday during Passover). Therefore, the month of the Abib can not begin unless the barley has reached a stage where it will be harvest-ready 2-3 weeks later.

That the barley must be harvest-ready 2-3 weeks into the month of the Abib is also clear from Dt 16,9 which states:

"From when the sickle commences on the standing grain you will begin to count seven weeks."

From Lev 23,15 we know that the seven weeks between Passover (Hag Hamatzot) and Pentecost (Shavuot) begin on the day when the wave-sheaf offering is brought (i.e. the Sunday which falls out during Passover):

"And you shall count from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day you bring the sheaf of waving; they will be seven complete Sabbaths."

Therefore, the "sickle commences on the standing grain" on the Sunday during Passover, i.e. 2-3 weeks after the beginning of the month of the Abib. If the barley is not developed enough so that it will be ready for the sickle 2-3 weeks later, then the month of the Abib can not begin and we must wait till the following month.

It should be noted that not all the barley ripens in the Land of Israel at the same time. The wave-sheaf offering is a national sacrifice brought from the first fields to become harvest-ready. However, the first-fruit offerings brought by individual farmers can vary in ripeness anywhere from "Abib parched in fire" to fully ripe grain which may be brought "crushed" or "coarsely ground". This is what is meant in Lev 2,14:

"And when you bring a first-fruit offering to YHWH; you shall bring your first-fruit offering as Abib parched in fire or crushed Carmel" (Carmel is grain which has hardened beyond Abib to the point where it can be "crushed" or "coarsely ground").

All of the above passages have been translated directly from the Hebrew and it is worth noting that the King James translators seem to have only understood the various Hebrew agricultural terms very poorly. In Lev 2,14 they translated Carmel as "full ears" and "Abib" as "green ears" whereas in Lev 23,14 they translated Carmel as "green ears"!

In summation, barley which is in the state of Abib has 3 characteristics:

1. It is brittle enough to be destroyed by hail and has begun to lighten in color (it is not "dark").

2. The seeds have produced enough dry material so it can be eaten parched.

3. It has developed enough so that it will be harvest-ready 2-3 weeks later.

--

His website is: KaraiteCorner.org

He is located in Israel & goes physically out into the land with others looking for barley in spring, as well as the monthly sightings of the new moon.

You can sign up for his Abib report here.

Re: The Aviv Barley Biblical Calendar - Which calendar is correct?

Well, I have to toss in my 2cents worth on this too. Well, mine and Jack Kelly's. I really liked this article by Jack on the Sabbath. He can really relate his ideas concisely, and gives some good food for thought on this topic.

"What Did God Do On The Eigth Day?

A Bible Study by Jack Kelley

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done. (Genesis 2:2-3)

These two verses are much different from those describing the preceding days in the creation account. All of them included the phrase “it was evening and it was morning, day … “. Not so for the seventh day. Also the Hebrew word translated rested is Shabath (pronounced sha-BAT). We get sabbath from this word. It appears 71 times in the Bible, and 47 of those times it’s translated “cease”. It only means rest 11 times.

Will This Day Ever End?
Now obviously, the seventh day had a beginning and an end just like all the days before and after it. But the fact that there is no mention of this in the text of the creation account indicates that in a spiritual sense this day has never ended. There is no eighth day of creation. God has never taken up the work of creation again, and that’s why a word that also means ceased was used in describing His Sabbath rest.

Now don’t accuse me of promoting the “Great Watchmaker” theory of creation. That’s the one where God created the world and all that’s in it, then set it in motion, and has been just sitting there watching it run down ever since. Let’s look at what God has been doing since He stopped creating. We’ll begin in John’s Gospel.

So, because Jesus was doing these things on the Sabbath, the Jews persecuted him. Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.” For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. (John 5:16-19)

This tells us that both the Father and the Son have so much to do that they work every day, even on the Sabbath. So what are they doing? Matthew 11:5 explains. “The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.”

Almost as soon as the Creation was finished, it was subjected to sin. From that day to this the Father and the Son have been battling to protect us from the effects of sin in our lives.

So they haven’t been just sitting around waiting. They’ve both been working every day from that day to this, including the Sabbath. But my point is, God has never again taken up the work of creation. Where the creation is concerned he has never ceased his Sabbath rest.

In Numbers 15:32-36 we read of a man who was caught gathering wood on the Sabbath. It was a violation of the commandment, but the Israelites didn’t know what to do with him. When they inquired of God, He told them to take him outside the camp and stone him to death. God was serious about not working on the Sabbath.

What’s External And Physical In The Old Becomes Internal And Spiritual In The New
But when we get to the New Testament we find that the commandment to rest on the Sabbath is the only one of the 10 Commandments not specifically repeated. In fact the most frequent reference to the Sabbath commandment in the New Testament concerns the Lord’s frequent and flagrant violations of it. On six different occasions, the Lord defended working on the Sabbath, each time showing the religious leaders of the day that their rules for keeping the Sabbath were man made, arbitrary, and counter to God’s purpose. For example the priests in the Temple desecrated every Sabbath (Matt. 12:5), and the people could water their animals (Luke 13:15) or rescue them from danger (Matt. 12:11) but they couldn’t heal a person (Luke 13:14).

In Romans 14:5 Paul taught that we have the right to either consider one day holier than the others or to regard all days the same, based on our personal convictions. And in Colossians 1:16-17 he said not to let anyone judge us in regard to a religious festival or a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. He said that these things were only a shadow of things that were coming, that the reality was found in Christ.

Somehow the Sabbath commandment was supposed to teach us something about our relationship with Jesus. So let’s find out what it is.

God created the Heavens and the Earth. They didn’t do anything to help, He did it all. At the end of six days, He rested (ceased) from His work because it was finished. He never again took up the work of creating. He made the seventh day, a day without end, holy. There was no eighth day. Then He created a memorial. From that time forward the seventh day was a day of rest where no work was permitted to remind us that when His work was finished He rested.

Since we’re trapped in the dimension of time, we can’t have any days without end. So when God set up our calendar He made every seventh day holy, and then the calendar began again. There’s never an eighth day. This was to help us to see that the seventh day, the day of rest, never ends. To underscore the importance of this, He made working on the seventh day punishable by death.

But man missed the point. We thought it was about working on the Sabbath when it was really about resting when the work is finished. Here’s how that relates to Jesus.

Jesus came to Earth with one job to do. It was to die for the sins of the people so that we could be redeemed and live forever with Him (John 1:29). He was making us into a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17) We didn’t do anything to help, He did it all. When He went to the cross, His work was done. That’s why His last words before He died were, “It is finished.” Then He bowed His head and gave up His Spirit (John 19:30). He never had to do the work of redemption again, for by that one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy (Hebr. 10:14) When He ascended into Heaven, He sat down at the right hand of the Father. In effect, He rested. The work of our new creation was finished.

This is why some theologians refer to the Lord’s “completed work” at the cross. It’s is also why the writer of Hebrews said that going back into the Jewish sacrificial system is relegating His death to the same status as animal sacrifices and subjects Him to public disgrace. (Hebr. 6:6) It meant that they didn’t believe the work was finished.

What Is Our Work?
Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” (John 6:28-29)

When you believe that Jesus went to the cross for you, and that by His death all of the sins of your life are forgiven, you’ve done what God requires and the work of your salvation is finished. You will inherit eternal life. “For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40) When you believe that, you have entered into your life-long seventh day, your Sabbath Rest.

There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. (Hebrews 4:9-10) Just as God never again took up the work of creation, and Jesus never again took up the work of redemption, you need never again take up the work of salvation. You’re a new creation and the work is finished. Now you rest, as they have rested.

Please read this very carefully. As we can see from the above, the folks who keep asking whether Saturday or Sunday is the correct Sabbath for Christians are asking the wrong question. The question we all need to ask is whether we’re keeping the Sabbath or not. It doesn’t matter that you say you’re born again. Any work you do to earn or keep your salvation after saying that you’ve accepted the work that Jesus did for you is evidence that you don’t believe the work is finished. This subjects you to the penalty of the Sabbath breaker in Numbers 15. His was a physical death, but yours will be a spiritual one, because by continuing to work after the work is done you’re saying that Jesus didn’t finish the job so you have to complete it and save yourself. It means you don’t believe He saved you, and that means you haven’t done the one and only thing He told you to do; “Believe in the One He has sent.” It means you aren’t saved.

If you believe that you can lose your salvation because of your behavior, it means that you don’t believe Jesus took all of the sins of your life to the cross (Col 2:13-15), and therefore you don’t believe He saved you completely (Hebr. 7:25). It means that you don’t believe God has accepted responsibility for keeping you saved (2 Cor. 1:21-22) and you have to finish the job yourself by meeting some standard of behavior. That means that you’re working to keep your self saved after your work of salvation was finished, which means you’re subjecting yourself to the penalty of the Sabbath breaker in Numbers 15. It means that you aren’t saved.

There isn’t much time left for the Church. The Lord could come while you’re reading this. Please consider these things carefully. Make sure you’re really saved by grace through faith. Not by works, lest anyone boast. (Ephes. 2:8-9) You can’t be working to become saved and you can’t be working to stay saved. You are either forever saved or you were never saved. Remember, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. (Romans 4:5) There is no eighth day. You can almost hear the footsteps of the Messiah. 05-24-08"

http://gracethrufaith.com/selah/tough-questions-answered/what-did-god-do-on-the-eighth-day-2/#more-3454

This is written in love, just sharing a point..

I have to agree with Michelle here..

In the old days, the 7th day, which is our Saturday is the Sabbath, from Friday evening to Saturday evening.

The Sundays was started by the Romans, which most Church services are held, which makes no difference. We should worship our Lord and Savior every day..

This goes back into law keeping when one tries to say that we have to do this or that..

Like Sparrow stated, we live our lives each day for Jesus and Jesus lives within us. We do this by our prayers each day. (Luke 21:36)

Here's what I do Michelle.. If at all possible I do not buy or sale from Friday evening to Saturday evening, but since the Churches in this area does their services on Sunday I attend on that day.

But again, do not try to apply LAW into Grace.. Jesus has already done what needs to be done for our salvation..

The only thing required from us is this, and I love it:
Rom. 10:9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Understand, you and I are sinners still, but covered by the blood of Jesus. We are still liars, thieves, adulterers, sabbath breakers, lusty, and all the other stuff under the LAW that would make us GUILTY, etc.. But Jesus has us covered.

We are to LOVE each other with the Agape Love (God Love) in our hearts.. Faith (believing) and Love is the key.

Joseph

RJ, I love what you wrote. It is such an encouragement to me.

I read some excerpts from this Pastor's book at spiritlessons.com, and basically anyone that doesn't go to church is going to Hell. As much as I hate to say that...it is supposedly true according to this churches experiences.

If you read what all these Korean church members experience in their church, my walk is a fraud and a joke. The Jesus that they deal with is foreign to me, and it has really discouraged me.

Email: mccauley15@comcast.net

HolyToTheLord
RJ, I love what you wrote. It is such an encouragement to me.

I read some excerpts from this Pastor's book at spiritlessons.com, and basically anyone that doesn't go to church is going to Hell. As much as I hate to say that...it is supposedly true according to this churches experiences.

If you read what all these Korean church members experience in their church, my walk is a fraud and a joke. The Jesus that they deal with is foreign to me, and it has really discouraged me.

Holy to the Lord,

Also make sure you read AbideinChrist's post (just above Joseph's) written by Jack Kelly. It is full of scriptures which state the truth. I also read some into this book which you are referring, and after some time of reading countless accounts of hell and descriptions of demons and all the christians there for every sin, well, I had to close up the page and say goodbye to that kind of teaching. If we are held to the law, then why did Jesus nail the law to the cross?

Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith." Galatians 3:11

know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified. Galatians 2:13

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. Romans3:19-21

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:13&14

So true, Melanie, and I have always believed this and trusted in Jesus for my salvation, but when one reads the supernatural experiences of these people, it does lead one to consider that maybe there has been error in one's own beliefs.

I know that I could be wrong at some point in my beliefs. Just by the nature of their experiences, ie. seeing Jesus, demons, angels, going to Heaven and Hell and such, it seems to bring validity to their claims.

I have such a love for our Savior, but the Jesus they are dealing with makes me scared.

HolyToTheLord
So true, Melanie, and I have always believed this and trusted in Jesus for my salvation, but when one reads the supernatural experiences of these people, it does lead one to consider that maybe there has been error in one's own beliefs.

I know that I could be wrong at some point in my beliefs. Just by the nature of their experiences, ie. seeing Jesus, demons, angels, going to Heaven and Hell and such, it seems to bring validity to their claims.

I have such a love for our Savior, but the Jesus they are dealing with makes me scared.

Holy to the Lord,

I know what you mean. Supernatural experiences, though, must not be believed over the Word of God- no matter how detailed the experience. I had to question these reports about Hell that this book describes. Do they really bring glory and honor to Our Lord Jesus Christ? What do they make of His finished work on the cross, to save those who believe in Him from the wrath of Hell? To me, it certainly does not bring Him glory to say this was not enough, that His sufferings and death on the cross was not enough to spare His believers from Hell. Did the book come out and say that...no, but the description of Hell sure did.

I question the wisdom of this pastor telling us to put ourselves under the law.... the Bible clearly states that if we put ourselves under the law, then we will be judged by the law, and we will not be justified by faith.. This is a warning from the Word of God not to believe this kind of teaching... clearly no one will be justified by the law. Could then, these false teachings then, be actually sending people to Hell? To downplay the work of Jesus and what He did at the cross for us, and to add the burden of the law to that... well, we can only have one or the other, it seems to me.

That is what my mind keeps going back to. How can it be 'Jesus and...'? I keep asking the Lord, 'was your work on the cross not enough? Do our works send us to, or keep us out of, Hell? How can that be? What a joke this has been if that is true? Your sacrifice for all my failings isn't enough'?

Now I am not talking about walking in blatant, unconfessed sin. I walk with the Lord daily, and live as holy a life that I possibly can. I confess my sin even when I have not done anything overtly sinful because who knows, maybe there has been something, a fleeting thought, sinful motivation that I am not aware of. I want to be spotless, especially at this late of an hour when He could call His Bride home at any moment. I pray that I may be found worthy to walk with Him in His kingdom in white as He tells us to do in Luke 21:36. I have been born again for 28 years, and think of myself as a pretty solid Christian, but when I read some of that book, I began to question if I was even saved. Is that not sad?

I so do not want to end up in Hell, and if this book is true, I could. I have also been telling Him that if this is true, we are all doomed except maybe those people in that church in Korea that are having face to face experiences with Him, and the other spiritual elites that get to see Him face to face, because I have never had any kind of an experience like that. I know we would all like to, but I haven't.

Then there is the scripture in I John 4 that immediately begins by talking about testing the spirits. I surmise that if these people in Korea love the Lord, they must have tested these spirits before participating in all of these experiences. It also goes on in that chapter in I John 4:12 to say that no man has seen God at any time. Now is that God the Father, or God the Son?

It seems that there are so many people that have had many of these kind of experiences. Mary K. Baxter, Bill Wiese, Choo Thomas, and many more accounts that are out there. I just don't know what to think.

I am shocked, myself, that I am struggling with this. It has really hit me hard.

HolyToTheLord, I know exactly where you are coming from. I started a post a few months ago about the same thing and I was really upset by the hell testimonies I was reading.

God worked me through the whole thing though as He will with you. You cannot listen to these testimonies even though they sound like they are from great Christians and are the absolute truth.

Look at it this way. If you go to the internet and read Near Death Experiences, you will get all different kinds. Some from Christians, some from New Agers, Buddists, etc. ALL OF THEM sound credible! ALL of those people actually believe what happened to them, and they believe it as absolute truth. Obviously, they can't all be true as they are conflicting in lots of ways.

That means that the deception that satan is able to trick us with is very VAST and far reaching. He can make his demons look like angels of light and trick us in lots of ways. I believe satan can trick some of these Christians too into believing "visions" of the afterlife that aren't true. Especially if these Christians aren't testing the spirits, or if they come from backgrounds steeped in occult beliefs and are sort of "stacking" Christianity on top of their culture and belief system. satan can deceive them and have them publish their experiences for all to read, which we do, and then we get into fear and doubting.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, and satan is the author of confusion, so if we are now in a place of fear and confusion, it is NOT from God.

If their hell experiences are not completely Glorifying Jesus and His COMPLETED work on the cross, then it is deception, plain and simple, no matter who it is coming from - and how "Christian" they claim to be.

Take heart, my sibling in Christ - you are in the right place with Jesus. Your heart is yielded towards Him, you are keeping it tender and repentant towards Him, and He will NOT let you go, or send you to hell for any sin. That would totally negate His work on the cross, and if anyone tells you anything different then it is a lie and deception!

Love to you!

YSIC,

Diane C

That is what my heart tells me, and then I question it because not only are they going to Hell, but they are going to Heaven. How can that be?

How could Satan create a place of unspeakable beauty, love, and worship of God? I pray the Lord works me through this quickly because I hate walking in this desolate place.

Thank you all for your encouragement. I appreciate it so much.

I hate to seem like a whiner because I am usually the one encouraging others. This is a new role for me. Very humbling.

I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to take the stand that Job did, 'Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him; I will surely defend my ways to his face'. Job 13:15

HolyToTheLord
That is what my heart tells me, and then I question it because not only are they going to Hell, but they are going to Heaven. How can that be?

How could Satan create a place of unspeakable beauty, love, and worship of God? I pray the Lord works me through this quickly because I hate walking in this desolate place.

Thank you all for your encouragement. I appreciate it so much.

Satan is the FATHER of lies AND he has been to Heaven, so he knows what it looks like.

Diane C

Take heart, my sibling in Christ - you are in the right place with Jesus. Your heart is yielded towards Him, you are keeping it tender and repentant towards Him, and He will NOT let you go, or send you to hell for any sin. That would totally negate His work on the cross, and if anyone tells you anything different then it is a lie and deception!

Diane C

Good word Diane

Dear HTTLord - I think so many of us are finding out reading these "Gone to hell and back experiences" are playing on our minds and spirits more than they should - a sure sign Satan has a hand in this. I have had to stop reading all of these stories and experiences - just dwell on the goodness that is waiting for you in Heaven - you are a child of God and nothing will pluck you out of His hand - that's a promise from Him!

Thank you. Thank you all...it has really helped.

Per your quote above - you need to listen to what your heart is telling you - not what logic is trying to tell you about where they are going. Our minds can't figure all this out. All we can do is trust in the Lord and believe Him that He will never leave us or forsake us when we are looking to Him. That includes the confused Koreans as well.

Your quote from Job is exactly how we need to look at it. There was a sermon that Steve W posted a while back, called Ten Sheckels and Shirt that was just excellent. The pastor said that we worship Jesus just because of who He is -whether we go to heaven or hell - we still worship Jesus simply because He deserves it!

Now - we are NOT going to hell when we trust in Him. We know this because His word says it - but the point of it is that we worship Him no matter what the outcome. Once you get to that place in your heart of worhipping Him no matter where He sends you, then the peace comes because you will realize His GREAT love for you and that HE WANTS to be with you in Heaven. That's the whole point of why He created it and us! Not to get mad at us because we didn't go to church, etc. and now HA - he's going to send us to hell to prove the point! NO! He WANTS US WITH HIM and is doing everything He can to show His Love and Mercy to us. This fear coming from these "well meaning Christians" that are just trying to "warn" us is deception from satan - whether they know it or not.

Hope this makes sense. My mind has a million things it wants me to type about this because I have been through this - so I apologize if it's kind of jumbled. All I can say is that I KNOW you are headed to Heaven with the rest of us who LOVE our Lord and Savior, Jesus! Plain and simple, that's where we are headed because we love Him and are doing the best we can here as sinful, flawed children of His. We're on the narrow path. No worries.

Holy to the Lord -

Just wanted to reemphasize what Diane and others are saying -

When you chose the name: "Holy to the Lord"...I assume this is what you meant. You are now Holy in the sight of the Lord, solely because of what He -
the Spotless Lamb - our Savior and Redeemer - did on the cross...finished.

This means you are positionally - in Christ! What an awesome thing. (And I don't use that word "awesome" often.) True, we are all sinners. But, thank the Lord! - Christ took care of that problem forever. Halleluja! (And I don't throw that word around lightly as well[8). Did I spell it right?)

I hope I didn't ramble on like a fool (yet...it is a "wise man" that seldom understands )

HolyToTheLord

Now I am not talking about walking in blatant, unconfessed sin. I walk with the Lord daily, and live as holy a life that I possibly can. I confess my sin even when I have not done anything overtly sinful because who knows, maybe there has been something, a fleeting thought, sinful motivation that I am not aware of.

This is what I do.. Pray for the day, guidance, filled with the Holy Spirit to lead and uplift, and ALSO ask to be forgiven of anything that I may have done, as you stated, even by thoughts that run through our minds. (which is human nature, but I like to keep it covered)

I so do not want to end up in Hell, and if this book is true, I could.

Sounds like that book might not be truthful.. Here is truth:

Rom.10:9 That if you shall confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shall be saved.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

This is where the word "FAITH" comes in. We have to believe that God did this for us and trust that he will deliver us as he promised that he would.

It seems that there are so many people that have had many of these kind of experiences. Mary K. Baxter, Bill Wiese, Choo Thomas, and many more accounts that are out there. I just don't know what to think.

Just my thought on this.. I believe a lot of these people are just writing books to make money..  The more bazarre things are written seems like the better the sales are.. But this contradicts the Bible.   As a Christian myself, I do NOT read these books usually.. Down thru the years I have read 3-4 books like NDEs but they were pretty well inline with the Bible..

If I start reading something and I see it starting to contradict the Bible, then I stop.. I do NOT want to read what I know is trash from someone's twisted mind...

Joseph

I did listen to that sermon 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt', and I agree, it was truly anointed. Our motivation at all times should be to glorify the entire Godhead in all we think and do, and that is what I try to do. I know that I fail miserably at times because I am a sinful human, just as we all are.

My constant prayer is that the Lord would give me eyes to see and ears to hear what thus saith the Lord, and to make me aware of the snares and traps of the devil. Maybe this is one that He is trying to make me more aware of. I do have a tendency to read many of these because I so want to be there with Him, and I am fascinated by the things of Heaven. The accounts do titillate my spiritual eyes, ears and imaginations. I guess kind of like the worldly magazines do for those that love the details about the going's on in Satan's kindgom.

I think I too am going to stop reading these accounts and just stick with the written word. If He wants me to know more about it...He is going to have to tell me Himself, and I will test the spirits.

Thanks kman and RJ for the timely words of wisdom. And yes...I get it.

HolyToTheLord
My constant prayer is that the Lord would give me eyes to see and ears to hear what thus saith the Lord, and to make me aware of the snares and traps of the devil. Maybe this is one that He is trying to make me more aware of.

HTTLord, I think you're right on the money with that quote. I think the Lord is making you aware of the snares and traps of the devil through this. You said in a post above that you are usually the one who is comforting others - and I believe God is using this experience so you can have some new, personal insight into this subject so you can help others.

If you are one who comforts others, then that is probably because you have been through a bunch of hard stuff in your life and you have learned things from the experiences that can help others. I think this "hell" thing is going to be the same for you - as it was for me.

Blessings!

TN Dove

LunarSabbath.org

LunarSabbath.com

I think you will find...

Guys,

The Lunar Sabbath idea has been debunked ... it is bogus!

You CANNOT work your way into heaven.
You CANNOT get into heaven just by obeying the law.

Someone said this guy was a 7th day Adventist.
I think they are like the WCG and they believe that they ONLY are true church.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com