Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
God In Strange Places

Friends, God is going everywhere and is showing up in strange places. Isn't that just wonderful? When Jesus walked the earth physically, He was criticized for the places He went and the people that He spent time with. He responded - "those that are sick need the physician". Jesus is so REAL.

Last night, I went with my sister and brother-in-law to hear Randy Travis sing at Billy Bob's Texas. It is a major tourist spot for those who come to Ft Worth, TX. Most of you have heard of Billy Bob's - for those who haven't it is billed as "The World's Biggest Honky Tonk". It is a BIG building with gift shops, games (billards, etc.)- they even have a bull-riding arena in the building. It is a place that has hosted every country western singer with a name. It is like a Grand Ole Opry of Texas.

Randy Travis is one of my very favorites and is a good Christian man - the real kind. Three songs into the concert, he and the band sang "Peace In The Valley" followed by loud whistles, huge applause and cheers from the whole crowd. Then he sang one of his original hymns, "The Son's Gonna Rise Again", and this one also got some of the biggest applause of the evening. I would love to post it but it is not on youtube yet. It talkes about Jesus raising the dead, healing the lame, deaf, and blind. People went wild over this song.

Next he sang "He Walked On Water" dedicated to his grandpa: (No embed allowed - just a link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCVw8Qjeg84

Two more regular country songs, and then he sings another original big Randy Travis Christian hit, "THREE WOODEND CROSSES". The crowd went wild. He got more applause for the three Christian hymns than he did for the regular songs.

He concluded the two hour concert with his best selling song "Forever and Ever, Amen". Everyone in the place (hundreds) sang every word with him and this song about faithfulness, fidelity and unconditional love got a standing ovation and the longest, loudest, cheers, whistles and applause of the night. Randy just brought Jesus right into Billy Bob's Texas with him. What a night! God is alive and well and was honored in a most unexpected place last night. Thought you would like to know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=S-aPyU1o8iM&feature=related

P.S. I had some small salvation booklets in my purse and left them scattered around on the bars as we left the building. Praying for the Holy Spirit to put them in the hands of the ones who need them.

Re: God In Strange Places

...Going right into my Favorites cuz I've always liked Randy Travis...thanks TX Sue!

Kolleen, so glad you love his music. He has openly said before that he believes God gave him fame so that he could take the message of Jesus to the world through that venue.

Be sure to click on the link above for the song video, "He Walked On Water" about his great-grandpa. It is so sweet and such a great video. Will make you cry!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Randy too, TexasSue. His "Forever, Forever, Amen" is my favorite as well.

Randy's also a terrific actor too. He done a couple TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL episodes... as well as showing up inside Pastor John Hagee's church, for which he sang several songs there too.

Thanks for sharing this T/Sue...how wonderful!!

Here are my contributions

SisterInChrist, I think he is a member of John Hagee's church and he lives in San Antonio. I heard him sing at one of Billye Brim's prayer conferences in Branson, MO also. He has a very special voice.

What I loved about his performance last night is that he didn't give any kind of disclaimer or intro or explantion for his Christian songs - he just went right into them singing his heart out and everyone LOVED IT!

I loved those "Touched By An Angel" episodes he was in and have copies in VHS. Also, Wynonna Judd was on "Touched By An Angel" a couple of times. Both have good acting skills too. They come across as very natural and at ease - very convincing. Don't you wish that we still had the good shows like The Waltons and Touched By An Angel, Highway to Heaven? TV has gone to the ditch.

Charity, you found too really, really good numbers. I love the 'rock and roll' one. That is good - put your feet on the Rock and get your name on the roll.

I do wish I could find a link for the song, "The Son's Gonna Rise & Shine". That is a dynamite song and if you heard it you would love it. It is on his "Three Wooden Crosses" CD.

This is a really good: "MAMA PRAYED"

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com