<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Worst Decision I Ever Made Was When I Came Up With: Lipton Tea Jell-O!

I feel so embare-assed about having to admit to this bad judgment call I made years ago!

It happened one day that was during the hot summer months!

I started to think about how refreshing Ice Tea was on a hot day!!!

Then I got to thinking what if I moved that chill factor up another notch to the fridged degree!!!

So I went to the store an bought a few packets of just plain gelitin!!

This I took home and stirred it into a saucepan of simmering hot lipton tea!

I took it off the stove and with the plain gelitin in the lipton tea sauce pan I removed it from the stove and emptied the liquid into ice cube trays!!!!

Then I put them into the freezer and waited until my TEA JELL-O was ready to be brought out into the warm fan-conditioned house air as my treat to beat the summer heat!!

When I took a chilled cube out of the tray and bit it off with my teeth I turned a shade a pale!!!

It was bitter and funny tasting to the taste buds!!!

Oh what terrible puncture wound did I inflict on the fabric of time and velocity and space combined?

By throwing this odd-ball creation out into the trash container, did I by some means create a black hole that will just grow and grow until it engulfs all things in the kitchen except the ironing board?!!!

Never again will I tempt fate as I so eagery did that day! All because I just wanted to refresh myself from the summers heat!!!

Those who do not learn from their past mistakes are bound to repeat them--repeatedly!!!

Re: The Worst Decision I Ever Made Was When I Came Up With: Lipton Tea Jell-O!

Hmmm, this gets me thinkin if this would work somehow. Did you use tea with sugar? If not, then there's the obvious problem.

If so, and you used that yucky instant tea, there's the problem also. That stuff tastes terrible even when you make it right.

If you used tea bags and steeped the tea, then added sugar or stevia, then added your icecubes, it just might work!

Well, maybe I'll try it sometime - you know, after the current ice age deep freeze we have been living in ends.

Will it ever be warm and summery again????

Scott/Diane - tea flavored jello would go good with mustard flavored marshmellos - just kidding! Scott - tea flavored jello sounds like something the astronauts would use in space to go with their jello fried chicken

Winter stresses me out too Diane. At least we are at March now!!!!!! Florida has been 20 below normal most ofthe time....that is nuts for this to go on for three months straight, but, it is beautiful today....

Scott, I saw a case of limited time edition of Mountain Dew....its says its made with real sugar. I have no idea what the regular Dew is made with. Now you can make Jello Dew!!!!

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

Diane C - I like the Stevia idea - that is something I am thinking of trying. Thanks for the reminder. Ditto on the instant tea - that is as appetizing a thought as the jello fried chicken.NOT

MS Victor - "Jello Fried Chicken" just does not sound like party food to me - hearing it makes my knees go weak and wobbly.

Corgi Mom - now that you've let Scott know there is an anniversary edition of Mountain Dew, he may run out and stock up an entire room of his house with it.

Scott, here's an idea - ICE TEA ICE CUBES (no jello please) to put in your glass of Iced Tea. You can sweeten the cubes so that as they melt they sweeten your tea. Double caffiene bounce - good idea eh? YUM

Corgi! That is an excellent idea of yours!!! Jell-o Mountain Dew!!!!

I mean it!!! I am not kidding you!!!!

Corgi for your information and the others Mountain Dew has orange juice in the ingredients!!!

That surprised me also!!! But then it has vegatable oil in it too!!! Now how good can that be for ya??? Yucky-Sucky!!!

But come the warm weather I will get the plain gelitin packets and make me some Mountain Dew Jell-o!!!

Man I can't wait!!!!! Wiat a minute!!! I can have them now! I will just turn up the heat in my apartment to 90 degrees and just frezze some of that jell-o in the ice trays for some cool refreshments!!!

Wippy!!! I'm in my own jungle of paradice!!!

Ms. Victor I thought your Jello Fried Chicken for the astro-nuts was a very funny idea!!!

Maybe the gravy could use the jell-o effect!!! I don't know! All that quivering brown lava poured on top my chicken meat might give the effect that the bird is still alive!!! Yikes!!!

Diane C. I think I did originally add sugar to the Ice Tea before I froze it into the cube trays!!!

I just think that tea in itself has a funny flavor after you freeze it or maybe it's the gelitin flavor and tea together that makes the taste come out tasting that funny taste that kinda tastes tastless to the taste buds!!!

Texas Sue you had me peg-legged all the time with my addiction to that Mountain Dew Brew!!!!

I can't hide nothing from YOU!!! You're sense of smell comes right on THROUGH!!!

What is a victimless crime commiter like me going to do!!!

I guess just go on drinking that orange juiced jello-tin flavored Mountain DEW!!!!

I raise my melting ice cube up in a toast to you Texas SUE!!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com