Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rapture? What is a Rapture?

A few years ago, I gave my Dad (now 81) a book called "Left Behind." Fast forward a month later, it created quite a discussion while we were on a fishing trip. My brother was there as well, who is a lay preacher for a Methodist Church where he lives. Dad asked, "what is this business about all these people disappearing?" His followup question was, "why is this not being preached and shouted from the rooftoops?!" Good questions and the following discussion was very fruitful. As it turned out, he read the entire Left Behind series and is much more educated now on end time events.

When our Lord said there would come a time, "as in the days of Noah." What does that really mean? Here's my take on that.

1. Sin would abound...and getting worse by the day. Genesis 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

2. Men would mock the very idea of there being a God. Ask yourself, how many converts did Noah have...after preaching for a 100 years?

3. Noah warned that something was about to take place that man had never seen before. It would be SOOO BIG that it would turn their world upside down. Remember, there had never been rain in Noah's day. There had never been a flood in Noah's day. He was mocked to no end...until it started sprinkling...

What is a "rain?" What is a "flood?" The people of his day could not comprehend what they had never seen, therefore they could only believe what they "could" see.

What is a "Rapture?" Something this world has never seen before. Only those with their spiritual eyes open can see it.

I Corinthians 2
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

If you are teaching and preaching about the Rapture of the Church and being mocked....well...you are in good company. Expect it. See yourself as being blessed because your eyes are open and be carefull that your are not offended.

....as it was in the days of Noah.

Email: medik4@amaonline.com

Re: Rapture? What is a Rapture?

Oh, I enjoyed this so much Mark W. This was a great word and I loved the story about your dad along with it. The scriptures are so "right on"! Thank you!!

Wonderful post! I would add one thing. They were buying and selling, building and planting etc......business as usual!! Maybe just an ordinary day!

Maybe today!

Email: weaman@mac.com

Shirley
Oh, I enjoyed this so much Mark W. This was a great word and I loved the story about your dad along with it. The scriptures are so "right on"! Thank you!!

I agree!!!

Btw, I also happen to own all but of the Tim LaHaye-Jerry B. Jenkins' LEFT BEHIND series of books...as well as all three of the film versions too. "The Rapture" happens to be my favorite in this series.

I really enjoyed your post, Mark. I also read the entire "Left Behind" series, and I think Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins did a marvelous work with those books. That series of books was read by believers and unbelievers too. I hope that unbelievers who read those books became believers afterward. I think the trib will probably happen very close to the way they wrote it in the "Left Behind" books. The only thing I think that is different in the timeline, is that the Gog/Magog battle will take place during the trib, rather than years before the trib.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Good word Mark W. But the comparison with the days of Noah goes even further. Don't know if you saw the post I put up last Monday about Monsanto genetically altering corn and other crop seeds and controlling by legal means what farmers can plant. Seeds are now all HYBRID - altered.

Also how the raising of cattle, hogs, and chickens has been altered genetically (with wrong foods and living conditions) to produce a shorter time to get them from birth to market quicker - translation: Greed. The "harvesting" and production of the entire food supply is in the control of a very small group of people now. Whoever controls the food can control the population right?

In addition, the scientists have now figured out how to CLONE animals, perhaps people? They are now mixing species of animals with other animals, human dna with animals, and mixing animal and human dna with plants. Very frankensteinian and as "in the days of Noah".

In the book of Enoch he tells about how the fallen angels took human women and produced a HYBRID race of giants and monsters on the earth. Satan was trying to create his own race by genetically altering God's creation so a Messiah could not be born. He is not able to create because he is not God so he corrupts and alters everything God has created.

Enoch also said that before the flood, not only mankind but the animals and plants had also been corrupted - his word for genetic alteration. That is exactly what is happening now.

Two more things added to the list - communication and light. I read someone's post a few days ago that explained the difference in analog and digital transmission of information. I am not very scientifcally minded but it was explained very simply so anyone could understand. This person said that sound and images naturally occur in WAVES and analog picked up those waves of sound and pictures and transferred them via radio, tv, etc.

Digital - in order to digitalize communication, the WAVES are CHOPPED UP (altered) into bits or pieces that are consistent and standardized. Isn't it interesting that the government forced all stations to switch to digital? There is a reason that everything from product tags to sound and visual communications are being standardized to digital. The point is that even what you see, hear, use (computers, other machines) and buy is being deliberately altered from its naturally occuring means to a medium that is easily controlled by a few. Another HYBRID or altered state.

Light - The Lord told me this as I was waking up this morning and I am still stunned by yet another part of God's creation that the enemy is altering or hybridizing.

Jesus said of Himself, "I Am THE LIGHT" Jesus also said of those who believed in Him, "You are the LIGHT of the world". Jesus is THE light and we are translated into His light and become carriers of it. We become LIGHT when we are born again spiritually in God. It is the MARK of our status as the property of God, His true creation uncorrupted by sin. That is how we "look" like our Father from whom we are truly born as His GENETIC children in the spirit when we accept the sacifice of Jesus and His blood which washes away the corruption of this world and the fall.

During the election of BHO, one newscaster referred to him (BHO) as a "light-worker", a special being above this world. Interesting term right? Light-worker? I have since learned that this is a very New Agey term. We know from scripture that satan himself can transform into an "angel of light" to deceive those who do not test the spirits. We know that fallen angels (principalities -Ephesians 6) and their twisted leader, satan, are headquartered in the second heaven - "above this world".

Holy Spirit was talking to me this morning about how evil beings and their human slaves (those sold out to satan) attempt to imitate God to deceive not only others but also themselves by manipulating LIGHT. They can never BE Light, they can only manipulate light and deceive. Hence the label "Illuminati" - illumined, enlightened, higher light (false religion and world order) Another hybrid, another area of altered reality.

We are definitely IN THE DAYS OF NOAH. Jesus MUST come soon.

Excellent observations, Mark. Very insightful. I agree with what you said.

And I just read what you just said, Texas Sue. Wow, that was excellent, also! I knew in my spirit there was something going on with government control as far as having to switch from analog to digital. Now it all makes sense, as well as the insights in the rest of your article. Good job!!

I remember the pastor of rhe church that I used to go to made fun of the rapture and of the "Left Behind" series. He said that he went to a Christian bookstore, and out of curiousity, looked for those books, and was told that they were under the "fiction section". And they were! He was laughing (and so was the rest of the congregation) when he was telling us that story; and, according to him, that made his point that the rapture itself was fiction.

But I wasn't laughing. It offended me, even though I was taught that post-tribulation rapture doctrine for five years. God, in His grace and mercy, got me out of that church and the first person that I "stumbled" onto who talked about the rapture was Jack Van Impe. Then Perry Stone. After that was Grant Jeffrey. Then Hal Lindsey. And finally, David Jeremiah. What they taught bore witness to my spirit, and a joy took over my heart. Now I understand why I wasn't laughing, and why I felt offfended.

After that, the Lord put a love in my heart for Bible Prophesy, and I started seriously studying it. Then finally, after searching for five months, the Lord got me into a Calvary Chapel church who believes and teaches about the rapture and who has a biblical foundation.

Praise the Lord!!! Anyone else had a similiar experience???

Wow!! Texas Sue, that is a mouthful you just posted. That is some serious stuff, likening the GM foods and animals and soon-to-be human modifications to the Nephilim interjection into the world in Genesis and Enoch.

When GM (genetically modified) stuff first came along several years ago, it was a marvel. Getting tomatoes to be more resistant to frost by including north sea fish genes was a brillliant move. More of these modifications made seeds better, and a host of promising technologies was on the horizon. However, I knew there was something wrong with it, but struggled to be able to explain or even figure out why. You said it perfectly. It's messing with the system God set up (which has already been messed with, anyway), and we aren't God. Aside from the Frankenstein far-out consequences which we can't see now, there is a problem with trying to change creation in this way.

Some might ask how this is different than introducing antibiotics or even aspirin to take away the natural effects of things that attack us physically. I'm not sure how to answer that one, either, but there is something substantively different between dealing with the symptoms in a palliative manner and actually changing the make-up genetically of living things.

It is all very hard to explain from an ethics standpoint, but the idea that it is actually perverting God's design is very powerful, and well stated.

Don, you said quite a mouthful yourself. Very good points. I am only recently seeing the connections between all these very different areas of life being totally altered from what God intended and created. It is all about manipulation (which is basically what witchcraft is about) and control. The absolute opposites of who and what God is. God is love- satan is hate; God is Light - satan is darkness; God's gift to His highest creation- man - is freedom - Satan wants to control and enslave. God's creation was perfect and good - satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy - in one word: ALTER. Isn't that funny? ALTER - ALTAR. Hhmmmm...........

I had my first baby when I saw the Left behind movie in 2005.
I wanted everyone to see it -
many refused to watch it.. Yes, we are in the days of Noah.

I'm so sad for those who will be left. So much has happend since 2005..
We are so close!!

Texas Sue, this is what I quoted earlier in the post just above Don's. (We posted at the same time, so I don't think that you saw mine.)

And I just read what you just said, Texas Sue. Wow, that was excellent, also! I knew in my spirit there was something going on with government control as far as having to switch from analog to digital. Now it all makes sense, as well as the insights in the rest of your article. Good job!!

I liked the way that you put all the hybrids together as a reference to Noah's day and the mating between the fallen angels and women. The crops, the animals, the switch from analog to digital...it all makes perfect sense. Thank you for posting that! It really opened my eyes. Very insightful!!

Don did a great job, too. Really good information!

Lisaleenie
Texas Sue, this is what I quoted earlier in the post just above Don's. (We posted at the same time, so I don't think that you saw mine.)

I liked the way that you put all the hybrids together as a reference to Noah's day and the mating between the fallen angels and women. The crops, the animals, the switch from analog to digital...it all makes perfect sense. Thank you for posting that! It really opened my eyes. Very insightful!!

Don did a great job, too. Really good information!

Lisaleenie, I'm sorry, I didn't see your reply. I felt the same way you did when I first heard that the government was forcing everyone to a digital medium by a deadline. I was immediately suspicious of this and knew there had to be something behind it. I am sure we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg on this switch. That is when I turned off my satelitte tv and threw away all the boxes and remotes. It is about taking away freedom and invading your life with control and enslavement again.

In regard to pulling all the hybrid, altered items together into a whole, Holy Spirit gets credit for that. God has been showing me all these separate areas and then pulled it all together this morning as I was waking up. That is my best time to hear from Him before my mind takes over and runs too fast to hear Him. God showed me that every area of life, both in the natural (physical realm) and the spiritual has now been overtaken, darkened, corrupted and altered by the enemy.

We are only a short time away from the clampdown - total control of everything on earth. God was also showing me how even the thoughts at some point in the future would be controlled and altered by evil beings operating through those in control here by either political or economic power. I don't have the whole story on that but God showed me how it is on the way now.
This is truly a time to guard our thoughts and what we are exposed to in every area until Jesus comes for us and pulls us out of this developing nightmare.

Great thread guys..

In case there's a lurker here having no ideal what the rapture is, here's the answer..

The Greek word:

Harpazo.. Caught away, to sieze by force,

The Latin word:

Rapiemur.. Same as above.. This is where we get "Rapture" from..

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up [G726 harpazo] together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Joseph

R.J. thanks for the info on the origin of the word Rapture. You certainly do have a teaching gift. Very clear and easy to understand whenever you post information.

RJ

Harpazo.. Caught away, to sieze by force,

Oh, we're ready for Your call, . . do it, do it, LORD JESUS, we so desire the Perfection of such a heavenly seize!!!! Can't wait, can't wait to be held in Your Eternal arms above, yea, WHERE YOU ARE. . .

Yes, continuing to look up, as Jesus commanded . . . . . WE LOVE YOU, LORD!!

Thanks to all replies. I was in a hurry this morning, had an appointment to keep and posted what I did... incomplete. There was much more to post about "the days of Noah" than what I listed. You guys picked up on that pretty quickly and I knew that you would. Like minds think alike as you know.

Good catch Karla. A good reminder that things will be as "normal" when the Rapture occurs.

Texas Sue. Yours is the most important. One of the primary reasons for the destruction of man was to "preserve God's perfect seed," and to destroy Satan's seed...the Nephillim. The future of our Messiah was in the balance.

Hybrids. As a Farmer, I know something about that. Hydrids are actually, nothing new. Crossing corn, cotton or milo has been going on a long time, mostly for the sake of production. I don't think that is a big deal in and of itself. Here recently though, it has taken a serious turn. There are cotton and corn varieties (not sure about milo) that can withstand Roundup (a herbicidal weed killer). These are the "R" and "Flex" varieties. This has forced ALL of us to plant them. Try to plant a non-flex (or R) variety next to your neighbor and see what happens. The problem there is that many different kinds of weeds are becoming resistant to it.

The other thing that has been added to the cotton gene is resistance to worms....the "BT" (stands for bio-technology). Sounds good, eh? What do you think has happened to the honey bees? I don't know for sure, but BT cotton is high on the suspected list.

Monsanto is in total control of all this. (Sorry Sue, haven't read your thread yet but will do post-haste). IT IS VERY SCARY. We only operate a 1,000 acres of irrigated cotton and I will say this up front that our seed bill (ALONE) along with paying for Monsanto tech fee adds up to more than $60,000 a yr!!! The tech fee is as much as the cotton seed. We used to pay $15-30 for a bag of seed. It is now....close to $300 per sack. BTW, they charge you by the seed and not the pound.

Hope this didn't turn into a rant but as far as the farming thing goes, that is an up close and personal observation. It is not an exaggeration to say that Monsanto controls agriculture in the U.S.

If any of you have seen John Paul Jacksons latest video called, "The Perfect Storm," he speaks of a time ahead of us when this technology gets us in trouble. The seed will be planted, the stalk will take root and grow, but there will be no fruit. This plays a major role in the lack of food in the last days.

Mark, I will find that post and bump it to the top for you. The name is "Noah's Day Is TODAY".

I also posted another article where Bill Gates (computer billionaire) states right out in the open that the vaccines created and given out are to CONTROL population by limiting it. Further down in the article it talks about the seeds being hybridized to include chemicals that will effectively sterilize or render sperm impotent in order to control population and also chemically abort babies already in utero. That thread is called "Death By The Numbers".

We have entered a very dark time in the history of the world. Jesus has to be near.

Hey thanks, Sue. I will go there right now.

I added a bit to my last post referencing John Paul Jackson's dreams that he has had in relation to this time and what will happen in the future to BT crops.

Mark, I had forgotten about John Paul Jackson's prophecy on the altered seeds and what will happen to the food supply. Thanks for the reminder. Also, thanks for starting this thread. It has really sparked some serious thinking.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com