Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need help and support

Guys this is a situation that has been brewing in my personal life that I simply need the love and support of members like you all for. My wife is a devout Christian, no doubt and actually brought me closer to the Lord in many ways and I'm grateful to her. However she and I do not share the same views on eschatology. She believes in the end times however she is reluctant to consider that things will come to completion in her lifetime. She has had a way more powerful walk than me but at the same time she speaks about grandchildren that we don't have or talks in terms of things that are 20 years or so ahead of us. I'm sorry but I just can't have a geniune conversation on those terms as I'm convinced that human history will have come to it's culmination well before that time. I'm totally sure that God has tipped His hand about the 2010-17 timetable. Anyhow my wife wants to enjoy life and doesn't think we should be spending time on anything other than our daily personal walk and that DEFINITELY DOESN'T INCLUDE monitoring end times events as they ramp up. She is a lovely woman but this is definitely breeding discontent in the home. I have to be honest, I'm invigorated with the study because I just love it when God's hand is apparent in our daily lives. I'm not running around like a scared man...on the contrary, my fears have lessened in the last 1.5 years. I know that if some luciferian or nazi takes me out then it will just be a welcome transition to eternity. I have learned so so so much about God's Word in many other ways through eschatology and it has been an amazing treasure hunt so far. I don't want to lose the spark with my better half and she finds it blantantly depressing. I know she's saved and I wish this amazing journey is something that we could share together.....alright doves....any suggestions???

Honestly...I can't wait for something to happen that rocks us. Not for the "I told you so" moment but rather more for a "wow this is real" kind of moment. At this point I long for it and if that means that the banks all close next week, then so be it.

Email: jonoedw@hotmail.com

Re: Need help and support

Jon you are a blessed man to be in a marriage where your mate is a Christian. I understand not being able to really talk about what is happening that is fulfilling all old and new testament prophecies before our eyes and the excitement about being in the midst of it. Also, the thrilling thought that any moment in a fraction of a second, Jesus could come for us.

Do not let the enemy use this issue to create a division or friction between you. Just give this issue to the Holy Spirit, let Him speak to her. Just pray for that "Ah-Ha" moment to happen for her. She will begin to see soon enough so be patient and just love her. Give God thanks for her being in your life and let Him reveal this to her. In the meantime, you can always share your love for the truth of the rapture here on RITA with us and we with you.

Jon, your wife is exactly like mine, when we pray together, she frequently gets revelations of something way in the future that might be accomplished in about 10 years from now. I can understand your feeling, as it happens to me too, back to the old problem, why we keep getting the reveal of God's plan and security way before in front of us which just like assurance that He keep us and do not worry but at the same time it seems that this year is the year that we've been waiting for so long time ....? Anyway, I will pray for you and please pray for me too as I knew we're in the same boat about this end time episodes that soon be revealed ...

May Yeshua takes us all home at the appointed time only by His grace and mercy to be forever with Him and His glorious joy beyond words fulfill each of us everyday in our life ....

Texas Sue
Jon you are a blessed man to be in a marriage where your mate is a Christian. I understand not being able to really talk about what is happening that is fulfilling all old and new testament prophecies before our eyes and the excitement about being in the midst of it. Also, the thrilling thought that any moment in a fraction of a second, Jesus could come for us.

Do not let the enemy use this issue to create a division or friction between you. Just give this issue to the Holy Spirit, let Him speak to her. Just pray for that "Ah-Ha" moment to happen for her. She will begin to see soon enough so be patient and just love her. Give God thanks for her being in your life and let Him reveal this to her. In the meantime, you can always share your love for the truth of the rapture here on RITA with us and we with you.

Jon, this is excellent advice from Texas Sue. Please read what I wrote from my own experience from another post. (I just copied and pasted a portion of it down below:)

"I remember the pastor of rhe church that I used to go to made fun of the rapture and of the "Left Behind" series. He said that he went to a Christian bookstore, and out of curiousity, looked for those books, and was told that they were under the "fiction section". And they were! He was laughing (and so was the rest of the congregation) when he was telling us that story; and, according to him, that made his point that the rapture itself was fiction.

But I wasn't laughing. It offended me, even though I was taught that post-tribulation rapture doctrine for five years. God, in His grace and mercy, got me out of that church and the first person that I "stumbled" onto who talked about the rapture was Jack Van Impe. Then Perry Stone. After that was Grant Jeffrey. Then Hal Lindsey. And finally, David Jeremiah. What they taught bore witness to my spirit, and a joy took over my heart. Now I understand why I wasn't laughing, and why I felt offfended.

After that, the Lord put a love in my heart for Bible Prophesy, and I started seriously studying it. Then finally, after searching for five months, the Lord got me into a Calvary Chapel church who believes and teaches about the rapture and who has a biblical foundation."

You, see, Jon, the Holy Spirit gave me an "AH-HA!" moment when I was offended when people were laughing at the rapture. I pray that the Holy Spirit will do the same with your wife. The Lord can do anything. Since she is a Christian, let's pray that the Holy spirit will illuminate her heart to be receptive to the truth as He did mine. And I wasn't even looking for it, but the Lord, in His mercy, took me out of that church and started dealing with my heart. He can do the same for your wife, also.

Don't allow this to be a area of dissension between you and your wife. Allow the Holy Spirit to deal with her Himself. In the meantime, pray that the Lord will open the eyes in her spirit, and let the Lord do the rest.

I will pray for her, too.

Texas Sue

Dearest Jon - my sister Texas Sue has some very wise words of advice for you and your wife. You get more flies with honey than vinegar!

You know, if you were married to an unbeliever you would stay with her in the hope that your lifestyle, attitude, blessings, etc. that you get from the Lord would make her want what you have - a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Well, why not do the same with your love for prophecy - since she is already a christian, let her see the peace and comfort the Lord is giving you in these tumultuous days that we are living in. Let your wife see the love of Jesus in you and how that love is flowing out to her and others - also the peace and comfort would flow to her as well. Jon - it could be that she is scared and worried about the future, prophecy could change all of that! Love you Jon! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Hi Jon, Just wanted to add that what begins in the thoughts goes to the heart, and then actions follow. It appears the enemy is working a wedge between you toward your wife, which he will so skillfully continue to do if you don't see it and stop it.

Where your wife is, is where many have been, but by the Holy Spirit revealing truth to your wife, she will come to have the revelation in this area that you have, and her eyes will be opened as you pray for that for her.

I know you feel deep disappointment (hook of the enemy) at not being in agreement right now, but just begin to bless her in the things you know to be true, and in what you want God to open her eyes to. My concern is that if you don't find ways to prayerfully "bless her into the truth", that the enemy will continue to target your heart mind and thoughts, to feel further dissension toward your wife. You know how crafty, subtle and deceptive he is!

So, first you want to make sure to stop the inroad of the enemy into your thoughts toward your wife about all this, then let go and begin to trust the Lord for His timing to open her eyes with the signs of the times, as you bless her to know and understand them. Possibly you have trusted prayer partners who can also be praying for her.

Until then, you might share your excitement with other like minded christian friends, here at Rita or surrounding you. Eventually she will become thirsty as the Lord opens her heart mind and eyes to what you see, and she will begin to embrace it all with you. I hope I have not offended you with what I've tried to share...

Hi John,

Lots of us here understand what you are going through and how frustrating it can be. The problem is you are going to have to find a balance and some peace in your differing opinions so satan won't win in his attempts to put separation between you.

The truth is, we just don't know when the Lord is coming back. It certainly seems like it will be soon with all the signs we are seeing, but you, nor I, can say with complete certainty that we won't be here another 10 or 20 years. You might be right, and your wife might be right. We just don't know for sure, so to insist that our viewpoints are right just causes division.

I think the greater lesson here is how can God use what you are going through to increase your unconditional love for your wife, as well as non-Christians, and all others.

While we wait expectantly for His soon return, more importantly, what are we doing in the time we are waiting to show His love to others and bring them into the family so that when He does come, more of His creation gets to go with him.

We are with you brother and understand your frustration, but I would encourage you to just love your wife right where she is. God does. He will show you both the way, and in the mean-time, you can come here and find some like-minded brothers and sisters!

Blessings bro!

I have dealt with the same thing with family & friends and how I see it is that they are too connected with the world. They love the world and either are blinded to the signs or they love the world so much that they choose not to look at what's going on all around them as signs of the close of this age. Ultimately I see it as if they really loved God/Jesus then they would love the signs because the signs show us that our redemption draws near! I get excited for every sign I see! Whereas others get depressed. Hmmm, if I was a bride wouldn't I be thrilled to know that my groom that I haven't seen in a long, long time was returning? Of course I would!!! I do not understand those that are not excited and look at it as doom & gloom or bad news. How can that be the bride??

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com