<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I go back to work tomorrow after being home for 6 weeks after surgery....

....and I'm not looking forward to it!!!

Not only do I have weeks of work piled up on my desk, but I also have to face the "Galloping Gossip" and "Hard-Hearted Hanna"...you remember her, the abusive co-worker that's angry at me because I wouldn't let her visit me at the hospital or give her my phone number???? The one who's made my life miserable for the last 16 years???

The thought of going back makes me sick, because I don't know what I'll have to face tomorrow. Please keep me in prayer. Thank you!!

Re: I go back to work tomorrow after being home for 6 weeks after surgery....

Oh yuck, sister leenie - back to work! Ugh. I am praying for you that all goes well and you are at peace.

Ask God to give you the words to say to everyone and the right attitude of heart before you go, and of course, we KNOW He is faithful to answer that prayer! Ask God to help you see your co-workers through His eyes of love and compassion. It may help.

I will be praying for you to have a great day - or at least much better than you are expecting

Leenie, remember that you owe no one an explanation. It is perfectly fine to have a fence or boundary between your private life and your work life. No apologies necessary!!!

Also, while you are going through your work day remember that it is very, very , very , very, very, very, temporary. We are soon to fly away.

Oh my Leenie - I'm sorry - I really DO sympathize - I have been there, done that. Hated it too.

I have got to tell you this story though - the Lord has answered mine and my daughter's prayers TODAY!

My daughter LEFT her job about one month ago becuase she just couldn't stand it any more. Since a certain woman had come in there, and made everyone's life miserable. My daughter figured she could find SOMETHING. Well, she did have a couple of job offers but one was part time with no insurance, and the other was another legal job that she didn't want to get back into and the guy who interviewed her had "NO PERSONALITY!"

Well she didn't take either one of them, and was beginning to get downhearted because there were no other calls coming in. She flipped out about not having insurance and it was going to cost her $470 a month for COBRA for 18 months, which of course she couldn't afford.

So she swallowed her pride and called her boss back to see if she could get her job back since she was only gone a month. Her boss talked to her boss and they OKAYED IT!!!! They all seemed to really like Ashley and she gets along with everybody.. she was dreading having to go back to work with this other woman, but guess what? The other woman put her two weeks notice in and was supposed to be leaving on the 19th. Well, today, we got the word tomorrow is her last day! Can you believe it? And Ashley starts on Wednesday!

She said she felt kinda bad about this woman leaving but she didn't make her leave, she was just coming back!

This other woman is not hurting in any way financially, she drives a BMW sports car and wears super nice clothes, and is married to a wealthy man and has no children. So financially she will be fine.

I had to go into the bathroom today at work after she called me to let me know that she had gotten her job back AND the other woman was leaving.... and THANK GOD - I wanted to jump up and down!!! I just wanted to go to my prayer closet at work and praise Him.

So we can sympathize with you and the burden of working with "hard to get along with coworkers". I pray Leenie that tomorrow will be a good day for you and they will welcome you back with open arms and this other "unkind" person will have had a change of heart. Praying for you Leenie - sorry for this long book I've written.

Dear Diane, Texas Sue, and Shirley,

Thank you all for your support and your prayers!!!

Diane, I can echo YUCK!!" That's EXACTLY how I feel! Like you said, hopefully it won't be as bad as I think.

Texas Sue, I hope this is not wishful thinking on my part, but I do feel that we won't be here much longer either!!! That's what keeps me going and gives me hope that (like you said) this is only TEMPORARY! And you're right about putting up boundaries with these people.

And Shirley, that story about your daughter was very encouraging to me!! If Jesus tarries, I pray that this woman will resign herself. She's 67 years old...I pray that she retires...even though she's talked about it for 10 years already. I think she's waiting for me to retire frst, then she'll leave....because without me there, she has no one to torment!! And I'm sorry that you had to experience that yourself.

Thank you, sisters!!!

I feel for you, I really do. God will be right there with you. I work in a not so great surronding as well, mainly the boss as well the company itself can be hard to take. The staff are so so, we all keep to ourselves but are frendly enough. We've had our fair share, or should I say I have because I have been there the longest, of those kind of people to have to work with. What gets me through, and I talk to Him all through the day, is knowing HE is right there with me. I go for walks, warmer weather coming yippee, and talks with Him to get me through the day there.

You will be okay sis...
YSIC
Brenz

Brenda, thank you for your support and prayers. I liked what you said about taking walks to get away and being in constant communion with the Lord during the day. That's what I'm going to do tomorrow!!

Good advice, sis, thanks!!

Dear Lisaleenie ~ Gosh! I am so sorry to know you have to go back, but on the bright side, maybe the Lord will even make your "enemies" to be at peace with you. This is my hope and prayer for you so that you can have that peace that passes all understanding, every day that you are there. We don't need you to be sick at heart after the physical sickness you have had. Hoping you have a very warm welcome when you return.

(Is that your real picture on the avatar??)

Anyway ~ bear hugs to you for tomorrow and always!!!

Hi, Kolleen

I really appreciate your sympathic and supportive comments. Yes, you're so right, I do not need to be sick at heart after everything I've been through.

How did you know that I love bears? I have two brown teddy bears sitting on my couch!

Gee, I WISH that was my picture on the avetar!! She could have been my twin 35 YEARS AGO, BUT NOT TODAY![ (My hair is a darker blonde than hers, though.)

No, seriously, the reason that I picked this particular picture for my avetar is because I have always wanted to sing for the Lord... but in reality I sound like a foghorn. So the girl with the microphone is symbolic of my desire to sing for Him when I get to heaven.

Leenie - I'll be keeping you in prayer tomorrow, too, as you return to work. You can expect that most everyone (if not all) will be happy to see you well and back at work (especially your boss!). Even the difficult woman may be happy, if she's over her snit. If not, well, it's not your problem. You're not returning to work to please her, anyway. You can be cordial and still keep your privacy...and your distance.

Sixteen years is a long time to put up with that kind of harassment. If she's been around there that long, I would imagine that everyone else is well aware of her gossiping and malicious attitude, too, and not give her much attention if she starts crabbing about something.

Happily, most people will respect your decision as to how much you want to share with them; they'll ask out of genuine concern, but not pry. People like ol' nosey have boundary issues - they don't know where you end and they begin, so they're always quick to get in others' business. Happily, we're not obligated to let them in.

I pray that you will have God's peace as you return to work, pleasure upon seeing the co-workers you enjoy, energy to tackle the projects on your desk... and a gentle answer for anyone who doesn't have good manners!

Email: kate5525@aol.com

Oh, KT, what sensible, down to earth advice. I think that you're right...most people who care about me will be welcoming, and the nosey, boundryless people will never understand and it's not up to me to have to endlessly explain myself to them in order to get their approval...which is elusive anyway. Thank you for reminding me of that, and thank you for your prayers!

Well Leenie I actually didn't know you love bears, but that's interesting becuz so do I - still!!! But I think alot of people do, so we're ok!! Here's one for you "for the road" tomorrow.......Blessings!

Hi Eileen -

Have been wondering how you are doing. Hope you are feeling much better, and that tomorrow goes well for you. Will continue to keep you in prayer.

God bless you.

Lisaleenie
....and I'm not looking forward to it!!!

Not only do I have weeks of work piled up on my desk, but I also have to face the "Galloping Gossip" and "Hard-Hearted Hanna"...you remember her, the abusive co-worker that's angry at me because I wouldn't let her visit me at the hospital or give her my phone number???? The one who's made my life miserable for the last 16 years???

The thought of going back makes me sick, because I don't know what I'll have to face tomorrow. Please keep me in prayer. Thank you!!

My Dear "LilSis" Lisalennie,

Just know that the Good Lord will go before you and we have your back bathed in Prayer Precious One and we'll be here for you after you get home.

Now you just get your rest (wouldn't ya say I sound like a mother hen) and the Good Lord will take care of the Best for you...ya can count on it.

Love ya Sis.

ybi Christ's Wonderful Love
Joe

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Dear Kolleen, Peace Lily, and Joseph

Kolleen, what a cool bear! Thank you, that puts a smile on my face!!

Peace Lily, thank you so much for thinking about me and for your prayers. I appreciate that.

Joseph, I love mother hens!! Don't ever change...you're such a comfort. Thank you for your prayers and kind words!!

After reading your post, I started praying that the Lord, would give you peace of mind and to let your sleep be sweet.

I can't help but to be concern for you; but I know that the Lord, will take real good care of you my friend, and sister in Christ.

Remember the Lord, is in control of your life, and he will take real good care of you. I pray that when you go back to work that it will be very peaceful and that the Lord, would give you favor with your coworkers.

I pray that you will have a wonderful welcome back to work day. Amen! Thank you Father, for answering our prayers for our precious sister Lisaleenie, in Jesus precious name!!!

REMEMBER PSALMS 91:9,11,15.

This is a song that came to mind when I was thinking about
what you have being dealing with at work. It's call I'm still holding on.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!! AND A WONDERFUL WORK DAY!!

Blessing,
WC/Cathy
Photobucket

Oh, WC/Cathy, what a wonderful, touching song! I sill have tears in my eyes. thank you! It was like it was written just for me...isn't the Lord gracious to put it in your heart to send that to me!

And thank you for your words of kindness and encouragement...and especially your prayers and concern.

Well, I'm going to watch Jack Van Impe, then I'm going to sleep.

THANK YOU ALL, AND GOD BLESS YOU! I will miss posting and keeping in touch with everyone all day long like I have been for the last 6 weeks...now I can only post at night because I'll be at work all day now.

Good night, everyone! I'll let you all know how it went tomorrow when I get home!!

Hey Lisaleenie sis I came in a little bit late on this thread but can't find any way to say it better than ...

love
Ditta

Oh, Lisaleenie, my heart goes with you sis, tomorrow.

It's verrrry hard to go back to an environment filled with pressure, when all you want to do is work in peace.

Don't ya just wish we could all soak in the Light of Christ's coming this minute . .

very soon, sis . in His scene of peace and calm and glory, our true destination is at Hand. . .

I remember my days as a single mother of 3 working to take care of my family. The job was intense, competitive, and hard to face daily.

Every morning on my walk to the office I prayed and praised Jesus . . it was the only way I could start the day embracing the reality that this place on earth is truly temporary.

I dedicate this especially to you, dear Lisaleenie

Leenie,

I am so sorry that you have to endure this..But remember Jesus said He will NEVER leave us or forsake us..

Praying for you sis

Sarah

Eileen,

I have been thinking about you SO often because I knew that day was coming soon. I wish I had some words of comfort. I just have to repeat the words that were spoken to me "Fear Not for I am by your side".

I have to keep repeating them as I am having a very bad day at work today myself and had to sneak onto RITA to try and bring me back to my Christ Centered Spirit

Praying for you dear Sis!

Panthia

We'll be anxious to hear how your first day back went - hope it was pleasant! You've been in my thoughts and prayers today...
Kate

Email: kate5525@aol.com

Lisaleenie my dear Sis,

Thinking about you this day. You have not been alone.
Jesus has been beside you, with your family carrying you in our hearts and prayers.

When you go to work stop and imagine that God is not only with you, but he has an army of angels surrounding you. Lisaleenie you are his beloved, and as such not one hair on your head will see harm.

Love ya Sis
ybiC / Paul

Lisa I guess it is my turn to hold you up in prayer over this going back to work situation!!!

Remember in Proverbs it says, the righteous falling down in front of the wicked is like a troubled soul; or something like that!!!

Do not worry about what you will say or do!! Just be yourself and let your attitude be meek and not confrontational!!!

If someone says something that is irratating to you just don't let it land and become a chip on your shoulder!!!

Remember these people need the Lord as much as you did and still do!!!!

I ask Lord Jesus that you give Lisa the right spirit and words of wisdom to have favor with her co-workers; and that you keep the devil and his workers bound and tied up in chains so that they will not try to publicly humiliate or abuse your favorite child!!!!

In JESUS NAME!! You are bound satan!!! Amen!!! So be it!!!!

Just trust in your leader Lisa!!! He is your strength!!!

Leenie - just checking in on you - I DO hope your day went well. Let us know when you can...

Dear Ditta, Donna, Sarah, Panthia, Kate, Paul, Scott, and Shirley,

Thank you so much, my brothers and sisters, for your enouragement, prayers, and support!

Ditta, I just loved that song, thank you! I loved the music and the words. It reminded me so much of one of my favorite songs called, "One More River to Cross"....do you know that one?

Donna, thank you for the beautiful pictures and inspirational sayings in them. So much truth in those words!

Sarah, you're so supportive, thank you for that, dear sister!

Panthia, dear sis, I'm so sorry that you had a bad day at work. Thank you for praying for me! I will pray for you, too.

Kate, bless you for your concern and thinking about me. That means a lot.

Paul, thank you for reminding me that I'm not alone...that the Lord and His holy angels are by my side. You're always have words to uplift me.

Scott, buddy, thank you for your words of enouragement, and your prayers! Since I'm back at work we can't chat at the same time that you're at the library, but I'll look forward to seeing you post when I get home!

And Shirley, bless you for your concern and your checking to see if I'm okay. I'm going to start a new post right now to let you all know how it went today!!

Lisaleenie
Ditta, I just loved that song, thank you! I loved the music and the words. It reminded me so much of one of my favorite songs called, "One More River to Cross"....do you know that one?!!

I sure do!

love
Ditta

Ditta
Lisaleenie
Ditta, I just loved that song, thank you! I loved the music and the words. It reminded me so much of one of my favorite songs called, "One More River to Cross"....do you know that one?!!

I sure do!

love
Ditta

Thank you, Ditta, this is it!!!

The first time I heard it was years ago when I heard John Starnes singing it, and I fell in love with that song ever since!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com