Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Would Like Your Opinioni

Do any of you get e-mails with an ending like this?

You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking this.. No way!

I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T.D. Jakes '8 Second Prayer.' Just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!!

'Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen.'

Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME}.....You will receive a miracle tomorrow. I Hope that you don't ignore and
let God bless you

It is inevitable that you will get an email from a friend with a "send this to 8/10/12 people, incuding me" type message. Then you get some with a "Christian" message. Even though it mentions God and prayer, the "send-it-on-to-blank number of people" with the warning NOT TO BREAK THE CHAIN warning, it seems coercive to me. I never participate in regular mail type chain letters and then you get these emails. It is almost like some magical spell type thing. Break this and you'll regret it type of message that makes me very uncomfortable. What do you think? How do you deal with them?

Re: Would Like Your Opinioni

I do..from one friend especially.. Most of the time I ignore them and sometimes if the message is really good I will send it and take out the chain part....

oh and ps I will not even read that part..I refuse to accept a curse....

Texas Sue...

This email has been routed many times over the past years. Also, I had a major check in my spirit when I 1st rec'd it. The Lord clearly showed me that a person's trust would NOT be in HIM, but on the hope that an email would get to x amount of people. The Lord is NOT pleased with this type of activity. It is a subtle way of the enemy to get the focus off JESUS.

From HIS Heart

Teresa

One Word:" WITCHCRAFT " Love to All, Neal

Email: michaelneal35@msn.com

THIS IS THE INFORMATION I GOT FROM A FRIEND.....Thought this was very informative , I was glad to get it , hope you are too.

=======================================
Good Advice from Snopes
The man that sent this information is a computer tech. He spends a lot of time clearing the junk off computers for people and listens to complaints about speed. All forwards are not bad, just some. Be sure to read the very last paragraph!!!!

Please read :
By now, I suspect everyone is familiar with www.snopes.com and/or www.truthorfiction.com for determining whether information received via email is just that: true/false or
fact/fiction. Both are excellent sites.

Advice from Snopes.com Very important!

1) Any time you see an E-Mail that says forward this on to ' 10 ' (or however many) of your friends, sign this petition, or you'll get bad luck, good luck, you'll
see something funny on your screen after you send it, or whatever, it almost always has an E-Mail tracker program attached that
tracks the cookies and E-Mails of those folks you forward to.
The host sender is getting a copy each time it gets forwarded and then is able to get lists of 'active ' E-Mail addresses to use in SPAM E-Mails, or sell to other spammers. Even when you get emails that demand you
send the email on if you' re not ashamed of God/Jesus .....that's E-mail
tracking and they' re playing on our conscience. These people don' t care how they get your email addresses - just as long as they get them. Also, emails that talk about a missing child or a child with an incurable disease "how would you feel if that was your child"....E-mail Tracking!!! Ignore them and don't participate!

2) Almost all E-Mails that ask you to add your name and forward on to others are similar to that mass letter years ago that asked people to
send business cards to the little kid in Florida who wanted to break the
Guinness Book of Records for the most cards. All it was, and all any of
this type of E-Mail is, is a way to get names and'cookie ' tracking information for telemarketers and spammers - - to validate active E-Mail accounts for their own profitable purposes.

You can do your Friends and Family members a GREAT favor by sending
this information to them; you will be providing a service to your Friends
and will be rewarded by not getting thousands of spam E-Mails in the future!

Do yourself a favor and STOP adding your name(s) to those types of listings regardless how inviting they might sound!...or make you feel guilty
if you on' t!...it ' s all about getting email addresses - nothing more!

You may think you are supporting a GREAT cause, but you are NOT! Instead, you will be getting tons of junk mail later and very possibly a virus attached! Plus, we are helping the spammers get
rich! Let's not make it easy for them!

Also: E-Mail petitions are NOT acceptable to
Congress or any other organization - i.e. social
security, etc.
To be acceptable, petitions must have a signed signature and full address of the person signing
the petition, so this is a waste of time and you're just helping the Email trackers.

I call them "spiritual blackmail" messages and I delete them. If there is something special about the message itself, I'll forward it but will first delete all references to 'gotta pass it on or you aren't a beleiver, gotta pass it on or you won't be blessed, yada yada yada.
Can't stand 'em.

,. . These e-mails that shout out 'do not break the chain' sounds voo-doo to me. I delete them.

Our God is not coercive, I agree T/Sue . . Unto the saved, we are 'encouraged' to go deeper in the Lord.
Blessings occur in the surety of Truth that our God reveals to His own His Gentle Spirit abiding.

P.S. Neal, we're on the same page . . I saw your post after my reply . . . amen, bro . .

I just rebuke em and delete em. I never send that stuff on.

I can't believe how many Christians fall for that stuff. It's just like a horoscope or fortune cookie, IMHO

I hope people and especially Christians do NOT fall for this non-sense.

When I was little my mom had that type of mind-set. Don't step over an ax, don't break a mirror or 7 years, don't comb your hair at night or... etc..

Each time she spouted something like that I knew it was bunk.

I guess the Lord was with me even when I was very young, because I never did get sucked into that type of stuff.

I look at it like Neal stated... (demonic or satanic)

Joseph

File 13.........kersplunk!

Email: medik4@amaonline.com

Thanks everyone, you are all echoing what I am feeling about these. I have one friend especially with whom I used to go to church with years ago who sends buckets of these. I agree that it is a type of emotional blackmail/voodoo/witchcraft/marketing scam.

Nadine, the piece of info you sent is so valuable. I am going to sent that out to everyone on my email list and maybe this junk will stop. Bless you all.

Tex Sue, I have received these also, mainly from one person. I finally wrote them and expressed my belief that those type emails are like witchcraft and that I believe christians should not be sending them for the wrong message they carry. And that miracles come from God and not by sending to 10 people. She only slips occassionally now. Whenever I receive them from any source, they are gone - history - deleted!!

Texas Sue
Thanks everyone, you are all echoing what I am feeling about these. I have one friend especially with whom I used to go to church with years ago who sends buckets of these. I agree that it is a type of emotional blackmail/voodoo/witchcraft/marketing scam.

Nadine, the piece of info you sent is so valuable. I am going to sent that out to everyone on my email list and maybe this junk will stop. Bless you all.

AMEN, TEXAS SUE!! I hate this emotional blackmail/witchcraft bunk myself.

Nadine, EXCELLENT ADVICE!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com