Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Eyewitness Description of Jesus

FROM 5 DOVES TODAY:

Jan Mikael (12 March 2010)
"Lord Jesus described by Pontius Pilatus.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DK, 12.o3.2o1o,

a dear friend send me this two articles, and it's amazing !
Isaiah wrote in chpt. 53. that He was not so pretty - but
Isaiah ment maybe, that the Cross made Him to look ugly ?

I believe that is what he ment. In my opinion it's impossible, that our Lord with his deep love to the fallen creation, can be looking ugly.

Love is the most Wonderful and Positiv Power in the Universe, - no person who love with a clean love, can look ugly, it's impossible - simply impossible !
So for me Jesus is beautiful looking, as the brigthest shining Morning star, who also is one of his titles now.

(when I saw him in a vision in my church, he was good looking to, but it was not possible to look at his face to long, because of the light shining from him) but long enough to feel his love in my heart, and for ever love him to . - Jan Mikael !

Pontius Pilate’s Description of Jesus
From a letter to Caesar

EDITOR’S NOTE: After reading Glynis Heenan’s description of Jesus in her article “Sky Ship Projects Giant Image of Jesus,” we decided to post the following physical descriptions of Jesus from letters written to Tiberius Caesar during the lifetime of Jesus. The first was written by Pontius Pilate. The English translation is in Appendix A of the book The Resurrection Tomb. According to the author E. Raymond Capt, who has archaeological credentials in the U.S.A. and Scotland, a copy of the letter is in the Congressional Library in Washington.

“A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the name of the God that had sent him. At first I was apprehensive that his design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews. One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between him and those who were listening to him. His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between him and his bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions! Unwilling to interrupt him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to him our protection. He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews—not the poor but the rich and powerful.

“Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made his appearance I was having my morning walk and as I faced him my feet seemed fastened with an iron hand to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb as a guilty culprit, though he was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary man. There was nothing in him that was repelling, nor in his character, yet I felt awed in his presence. I told him that there was a magnetic simplicity about him and his personality that elevated him far above the philosophers and teachers of his day. All in all, he made a deep impression upon me and everyone because of his kindness, simplicity, humility and love.

“Now, Noble Sovereign, these are the facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth and I have taken the time to write you in detail concerning these matters. I say that such a man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health; calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any crime.

Your most obedient servant,
Pontius Pilate”

Appendix B of the same book provides another description of Jesus. According to the author, it was written by Publius Lentrelus, a resident of Judea, to Tiberius Caesar in Rome. Capt says the earliest copy he could find was in the writings of St. Anselm of Canterbury in the 11th century.

“There lives at this time in Judea a man of singular virtue whose name is Jesus Christ, whom the barbarians esteem as a prophet, but his followers love and adore him as the offspring of the immortal God.

“He calls back the dead from the graves and heals all sorts of diseases with a word, or touch. He is a tall man, well-shaped, and of an amiable and reverend aspect; his hair of a color that can hardly be matched, falling into graceful curls, waving about and very agreeable crouching upon his shoulders, parted on the crown of the head, running as a stream to the front after the fashion of the Nazarites. His forehead high, large and imposing; his cheeks without spot or wrinkle, beautiful with a lovely red; his nose and mouth formed with exquisite symmetry; his beard, and of a color suitable to his hair, reaching below his chin and parted in the middle like a fork; his eyes bright blue, clear and serene. Look innocent, dignified, manly and mature. In proportion of body most perfect, and captivating; his arms and hands delectable to behold.

“He rebukes with majesty, councils with mildness, his whole address whether in word or deed, being eloquent and grave. No man has seen him laugh, yet his manners are exceedingly pleasant, but he has wept frequently in the presence of men. He is temperate, modest and wise. A man for his extraordinary beauty and perfection, surpassing the children of men in every sense.”

Re: Eyewitness Description of Jesus

Texas Sue
I felt awed in his presence. He made a deep impression upon me and everyone because of his kindness, simplicity, humility and love.

A man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health; calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any crime.

“He calls back the dead from the graves and heals all sorts of diseases with a word, or touch.

“He rebukes with majesty, councils with mildness, his whole address whether in word or deed, being eloquent and grave. No man has seen him laugh, yet his manners are exceedingly pleasant, but he has wept frequently in the presence of men.

He is surpassing the children of men in every sense.”

Oh, amen, T/Sue . . this is the GOD and SAVIOR we know!!

Excellent post!!!

Isn't it amazing to read what people said about Him who were actually in Jesus's presence while He physically walked on earth? I never knew until today that these writings even existed. A well kept secret. Makes me really want to go home now and see Him myself.

I have read of eyewitness reports of Jesus, and one 4 1/2 year old little girl said that he is handsome. Out of the mouths of babes.

I honestly do not care what he looks like. I have seen his heart, and that is what really makes a person attractive.

Have you ever had the experience with a person that isn't that attractive physically at first glance, and then you get to know them and their charm and personal graces make them extremely attractive? I have had that experience many times. It is like their beautiful soul transforms their physical attributes right before your eyes.

Then I have met drop dead gorgeous people that are the ugliest people that you would ever want to meet. Their conceit and arrogance is repulsive and makes them ugly. Look at Lucifer. Most beautiful angel there was, and all that is left is filth and ugliness.

Praise God for the beauty in ashes. This world values physical beauty above all else, except for money and power, but it is right in the middle of those I think, but thank our Lord that physical beauty is not a pre-requisite to getting into his kindgom.

I do care what He looks like and I have the promise that I will see Him face to face. I will actually live in His presence for all of eternity.

The reason these accounts above are so interesting to me is that these were physical men who were contemporaries of Jesus during the very time that He WALKED ON THIS EARTH AND LIVED (TABERNACLED) AMONG MEN - the very ones that He created. These are eyewitness accounts. Didn't have satelitte 24/7 television news in those days and this is the best that they had. We are reading this 1,980 years later. I am thrilled to know about His beautiful shoulder length hair, blue eyes and serene countenance. This is truly wonderful to read and hear.

I think you took what I said wrong, TS. I didn't mean that I don't care like I don't care. I meant that it would not matter what he looked like to me...I would love him no matter what.

The fact that there are these accounts is wonderful.

I apologize if you were offended by what I said.

I did not take offense and I understood what you were saying and appreciate that. To be more explicit, at the age of 19 I was deep in thought one night late as I read about Jesus and the time with the disciples. I was trying to imagine what He looked like and really wanted to know when Jesus came into the room and stood behind me. He said "You wanted to see me, turn around and you can see what I look like."

I was just born again two years at the time, baby Christian, and when I felt the awesomeness of the Presence of God I froze and could not move. He stayed for a while and finally left with me never moving an inch. I still want to see His face and know that I will. It is an important issue to me since I had the opportunity all those years ago and couldn't look. I know that soon I WILL SEE HIS FACE and I know that is one thing I will never get tired of or be nonchalant about. It is hard to explain but for some reason seeing His face is so very important to me.

You didn't look! Oh my goodness. I guess we never really know what we will do when we are in those type of circumstances. I have always imagined that if the Lord every appeared before me I would fall down crying and kiss his feet.

You were truly blessed to be visited by our Lord.

HolyToTheLord, amen, . . to see the Majesty of GOD on display . . oh GLORY!!!

Beautiful, beautiful experience in the Spirit of the Lord, T/Sue . .

I can understand how you'd be careful not to move . . kinda like a reverential fear yet realizing the Peace of Jesus on you as He came so near.

Yes, . . . what a blessing!!

Ya know a few years back when I was watering my bougainvillea tree (it's so gorgeous in the summer time) I was in praise mode, enjoying the loveliness of God's creativeness, and thanking Him . . when all of a sudden a light so BRIGHT surrounded me. Literally, I could see nothing, but this WHITE BRIGHT LIGHT all around . . everything else seemed to disappear. I felt weightless, though I'm sure I remained on the ground.

I really felt an angel came close that moment. I have no idea how long this lasted. I felt it was a glorious angel reflecting Christ's Light over me, . then I thought, no wonder our bodies on earth are incapable to withstand the full LIGHT of our LORD JESUS CHRIST . . . until our change!!!

Donna, I so agree. I think that if our flesh was in the full on glory of God, there wouldn't be anything left but a pile of ashes...if that, for our God is a consuming fire. His glory is so pure it would burn us up on the spot. I believe that is why no man can see God and live.

The allegory the Lord gave me was when I was a child and I would take a magnifying glass and concentrate the suns rays into a beam of firey light. God's light is so concentrated that if one isn't in the spirit...poof!

T/Sue, the Appendix B description of Jesus is found my my late Mom's Bible on Page 9 of CONTENTS, and it's titled--A PURPORTED DESCRIPTION OF JESUS CHRIST.

I've tried to post it on other forums, but the members there ignore it altogether.

I'm glad that you saw fit to post here under your thread.

SIC - I found this on 5 Doves this morning and just overwhelmed by it. Just thrilled to read this description by people who were there at that point in time. So wonderful.

I so totally concur . . . it's a great 'find', a blessed read . . touching my heart, too, was the description of the kindness of Christ shown in His Face. This is our God!!! Halleluiah!! . .

To me, I think this is the closest I can imagine how He looks . .

S-o-o-o-o-o captivating . . The little children knew, huh, . . and what was Jesus' response . . 'for SUCH is the Kingdom of Heaven' . .

I tell ya, the exhilaration of finally and actually seeing our God face to FACE is Heaven forever . .

LORD JESUS we do feel even now Your outstretched arms of invitation ~~ oh GOD, YOUR GLORY is coming . . we can't wait to worship YOU where YOU are!!

Donna
I so totally concur . . . it's a great 'find', a blessed read . . touching my heart, too, was the description of the kindness of Christ shown in His Face. This is our God!!! Halleluiah!! . .

To me, I think this is the closest I can imagine how He looks . .

S-o-o-o-o-o captivating . . The little children knew, huh, . . and what was Jesus' response . . 'for SUCH is the Kingdom of Heaven' . .

I tell ya, the exhilaration of finally and actually seeing our God face to FACE is Heaven forever . .

LORD JESUS we do feel even now Your outstretched arms of invitation ~~ oh GOD, YOUR GLORY is coming . . we can't wait to worship YOU where YOU are!!

AMEN!!! I you, Jesus!!!

Texas Sue...

All I can say is WOW. I so long to look into his beautiful blue eyes. That's what we will be doing at the marriage supper of the Lamb. His eyes will look right into the very depths of you. They see you for who you are and yet totally love and embrace you completely. He fills you so completely with His love and acceptence, that every fiber within you wants to explode with Joy.

The accounts of what others have experienced in visions and dreams cause ones heart to desire Him all the more. He can have all of me. He's all I want!!!

Thanks sooooo much for the post!

He truly sounds BEAUTIFUL... I read somewhere on another post here at RITA, (can't remember which one) (it was REALLY LONG, I do remember that).... it was from an ancient letter that actually exists... describing Jesus..... and that one said he had chestnut colored hair, beard likewise the same color, and clear, blue eyes. No matter what color hair he sounds BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Texas Sue,

I want to tell you something interesting. Today a dear friend of mine was telling me a story very simalar to yours. Years ago she felt The LORDS presence and was invited to turn and see Him. Just like you she just couldn't.

Our Dear Lord is not forceful but, gentle , knowing when it is more than we are ready for. You will get another chance pretty soon , Praise God. We all are going to and will be completly immersed in His glorious beauty.

I always have wondered why the artist never paint Jesus in all His Jewishness. I never seen Him with a prayer shawl with the tzitzit, the hem the woman with an issue of blood touched.

Just yesterday I heard David Jeremiah say that our picture of Jesus is in Song of Songs. 5:10-16

My Beloved is white and ruddy.
Chief among ten thousand
His head is like the finest gold
His locks are wavy
and black as a raven.
His eyes are like dove
by the rivers of waters washed with milk
and fitly set.

13 His cheeks are like a bed of spices,
banks of scented herbs.
His lips are lillies
dripping liquid myrrh.