<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The "What if? we got Raptured this Easter Sun. question...

This morning, I put it, the "What if?" to my brother, nephew & gt. nephew, & SIL; about what would they do if my MIL & I were Raptured THIS Easter Sunday. You know what? I just wanted to get their reaction, that's all. And you know what? They all began scoffing at me.

Have you folks too, put it, the "What if?" to your loved ones too, and did they too scoff at you as well too?

Re: The "What if? we got Raptured this Easter Sun. question...

Better to remind people of back to praying and fasting for the Salvation and Protection for the People of Israel and your loved ones ... if they ask why, just answer OUR LORD YESHUA now could come anytime ...

Geneustace
Better to remind people of back to praying and fasting for the Salvation and Protection for the People of Israel and your loved ones ... if they ask why, just answer OUR LORD YESHUA now could come anytime ...

After keeping quiet for a while, I just wanted to feel 'em out about what they would do if my MIL & I were Raptured on the above date. And like I said, they began scoffing at me...telling me that it'll never happen. But we RITArians know otherwise, don't we?

For people who doubt of the rapture, better not to tell them the dates, as we know we are always wrong all the time, and this will add more "scoffing" from them when it comes nothing happen, better to tell them, anytime it could happen, are you ready? Suppose you died now, are you ready? The rapture could happen anytime.

But for the people who believes the rapture, I would talk freely of possible dates without worrying they scoffing me. I learned my lesson and now I always remind people in every meeting that OUR LORD could come anytime right now as the prophecies have been fulfilled literally ...

Geneustace
For people who doubt of the rapture, better not to tell them the dates, as we know we are always wrong all the time, and this will add more "scoffing" from them when it comes nothing happen, better to tell them, anytime it could happen, are you ready? Suppose you died now, are you ready? The rapture could happen anytime.

But for the people who believes the rapture, I would talk freely of possible dates without worrying they scoffing me. I learned my lesson and now I always remind people in every meeting that OUR LORD could come anytime right now as the prophecies have been fulfilled literally ...

My above loved ones are all non-Believers. I only just wanted to feel 'em out about what their reaction would be should Mom & I be Raptured on the above 4/4/2010 date, that's all.

I agree, it's far better sharing our Rapture thoughts with fellow Believers, b/c only we understand.

Geneustace, I have found that what you said is good advice, by making the mistake of naming possible dates to people who are believers, but not in the possibility that it could be soon. It only resulted in scoffing when the date passed. However, there is a better chance of having them listen if you ask an open question, and then discuss if they ask questions in return.

SisterNChrist, my opinion is that if they're going to scoff, they will do it whether you set a specific date or just mention the Rapture coming "soon". Scoffers are just that. Scoffers. It's not that they are against the date you pick - they are against the idea of the rapture because, deep down they must know that if it does happen, they are not ready and will be left behind - and no one wants to think about that. Easier just to forget about it, scoff at you, and go about their lives.

I see nothing wrong with planting a "rapture seed" in their minds to see their reaction. If you can handle their scoffing, then I wouldn't worry about it. You may be planting a seed they will think about even though they aren't talking about it.

I have sent articles on the rapture to all my unsaved family and they never comment on it, but I know it gives them food for thought. Last Christmas my SIL and I did start to get into a discussion about what it means to be a Christian, and she cut me off by saying, "I hope you'll be ok with the fact that I am never going to become a Christian - but I love you anyway". I said that I loved her too anyway, but was not ok with that fact, and hoped in the future that she would know the Lord. Then we got interruped with something else, and that was the end of that.

Oh well, guess we here at RITA will just have to be the "crazies" in our families!!

Wow, that's so sad to hear that from loved ones, isn't it..

Last Sept. when I really thought that the rapture would happen, I called a few very close relatives that I had grown up with and told them that Jesus might be coming..

But they didn't say anything negitive towards what I had to say, and I'm hoping that the Holy Spirit will water the seed that I planted..

That's all we can do... Plant the seed and hopefully they will listen to the Holy Spirit..

I just had a thought..

Back sometime around 1975-76 I started to talking to my dad.. He was a pretty good fellow but (cough) talked worse than a sailor if you know what I mean.

I just got the Bible and started reading 1Thes.4:13-17 and Revelation about the Rapture and the tribulation, and explaining as I read it.

A couple weeks later he came to Church service one night, went up and accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior..

So you might try to use the WORD in showing them exactly what it is teaching. After that let the Holy Spirit work.. The person that hears the message then has a choice, either follow Christ or the world.

Joseph

Joseph..

You are soooo right..because faith comes by HEARING the Word of God..

Thanks..

Email: sbell48907@aol.com

Genuestace, this man today I was speaking with said that Damascus was the last prophecy to be fulfilled.

I just don't know if he have to be here to see that or not?????

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

Damascus prophecy will be fulfilled in just a short while when countries in the mideast exchange nukes.

OR I begin to think that the fulfillment of Damascus's prophecy might not come from nukes exchange but from fire from heaven directly? like Soddom and Gommorah. I'm not sure, a lot of prophecy teacher said, that Damascus will be nuked, but in my opinion, there must be something else, like fires from heaven, big meteorite or something else.

Hopefully, we're out of here by then ...

Fellow RITArians--

I can't even bring out the Bible to them, when they start scoffing at it...saying that it's written by mortal man, that's why they refuse to believe any of its teachings.

So you might say that I'm in a no win situation with my family of non-believers. They just harden their hearts still further.

Tell them if it was written by mortal man then why & how has every prophesy up to this point happened at 10% success rate? No other book predicting future events has even come close.

Sister..

I know exactly what you are going through..most of my famiy probably think I asm crazy.. I am one of those "born-again Christians" that probably speak in tongues and do all weird things..(and they would be right lol)

I don't even speak to them anymore about Jesus , they go to church so they are hearing the Word ( I hope) but that all go to a Catholic church and I am one of those weird born again believers..

So I pray that God puts believers in their paths and I try to remember that Jesus couldn't minister in His home town either..

Thanks for the great post.

Yes Geneustance, he said that it would be nukes or hailstones, huge hailstones. and the blood of the enemies will be deep from this carnage.

And Michael will protect the IDF.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

SisterNChrist dear Sis,

I know exactly where you are coming from.

I have shared with loved ones about the soon rapture. I have shared with regards to all the signs in the world including how they line up with the word of God.

I get seen as a “dooms dayer”, and when something terrible happens in the world and I mention it, I get told “I don’t want to hear about it”. I in no way gloat over the terrible things that happen, but try to draw a picture that they can understand in line with Gods word.

I get told it frightens them and they simply do not want to know

My loved ones do not know of all the food I have piled away, camping gear, letters etc left for them. I have USB sticks including one in my wallet telling them where everything is kept. I can only pray and give them over to the Lord. It burdens my heart.

Love ybiC / Paul

Sarah
Sister..

I know exactly what you are going through..most of my famiy probably think I asm crazy.. I am one of those "born-again Christians" that probably speak in tongues and do all weird things..(and they would be right lol)

I don't even speak to them anymore about Jesus , they go to church so they are hearing the Word ( I hope) but that all go to a Catholic church and I am one of those weird born again believers..

So I pray that God puts believers in their paths and I try to remember that Jesus couldn't minister in His home town either..

Thanks for the great post.

My family, except for my DMIL, don't go to church. They only think of it as being some kind of another cult to them.

They don't even allow me to attend church, which is why I find my family of church going friends of Believers on boards like these. You all are my Sunday School brothers 'n' sisters in Christ. With ya' all I can study right along with what you're posting.

And I love ya' all too. Thank you for being my Family of Fellow Believers in Christ.

Sister..I am so sorry for you..It is good to know that one day their eyes will be open, and hopefully it won't be too late for them...

I will keep them and you in my prayers..

Sarah
Sister..I am so sorry for you..It is good to know that one day their eyes will be open, and hopefully it won't be too late for them...

I will keep them and you in my prayers..

Thank you, Sis, I appreciate that...I really do.

don
Geneustace, I have found that what you said is good advice, by making the mistake of naming possible dates to people who are believers, but not in the possibility that it could be soon. It only resulted in scoffing when the date passed. However, there is a better chance of having them listen if you ask an open question, and then discuss if they ask questions in return.

Right I am learning that you need to be careful how you put the questions .. they can take offense to it and they will not open up to revieve..also pray their hearts will be open to recieve and that God will open a door (if it is you God is wanting to use) then wait until that door opens and do not force it....

I was talking to a friend about all of this and she got offended with me..I did not even realize she was offended until weeks later when her husband told me! Then we had a great talk..... it was all God and she misunderstood why I was sharing with her....she thought I thought she was going to hell...God prepared her before our conversation too and she already knew where my heart was in all of this....she is now as excited as I am ...but through all of that I learned to be careful how you put it...

Dear SisterNChrist,

I sympathize. I have a pretty good idea how you feel. I have a dear friend that I've known for 30 years, and I have told him over and over again about Jesus, the Bible, the Rapture, salvation, the anti-christ, the mark of the beast, and so on, and it goes in one ear and out the other.

30 long years.

He makes fun of me for believing the rapture is near. He tells me that we're going to be dead and gone before that will ever happen. He tells me that the Bible was written by men. He doesn't believe in the devil or hell, even though I have made several attempts to tell him otherwise. He laughs at me, he gets angry at me for being gullible, and he rolls his eyes whenever I mention the rapture.

He said that it's not necessary to go to church, that we can have a relationship with Jesus anywhere. He says he loves Jesus, and prays every day. He looks to Him for guidance, and praises Him for everything that He's done in his life to bless him.

Sounds real religious, doesn't he?

I'm afraid that he's worshipping an imaginary God.

And, like you, the other day I asked him the same question: "What are you going to do when millions of people disappear? Will you believe then?" He just made a joke about it....how God couldn't lift hefties like us up in the air, and that we'd better lose weight before the rapture.

30 long years, and it's gone in one ear and out the other. I guess I should stop throwing pearls before swine, huh??? But there is something in me that can't give up...no matter how much he makes fun of me. Hell is forever.

I keep thinking...maybe if I could catch him in a receptive mood, maybe THIS TIME the Lord will open his heart so he will listen, if only...if only...

So I keep on trying.

Leenie, I find it interesting that your old friend prays to Jesus and says he loves Him, but doesn't believe in the devil or hell - two of Jesus' main subjects when He walked the earth. I wonder how he reconciles that?

People sure are interesting sometimes.

Amazing, isn't it? He doesn't read the Bible because he says that he doesn't understand it...and besides that, it was "written by men". If he would read the Bible, he would see what Jesus said about hades and the evil one.

Can't be Easter.

Easter is a PAGAN holiday. Ishtar...

What kind of message would that send to the world? Esp. the Jews?

The bible talks about the church provoking jealousy with Israel, and the best way to send the message that Jesus was the Messiah, would be to have the rapture occur on a date important to the Jewish remnant calendar.

Passover, First Fruits, Pentecost are all Mo'ed's, "Appointed Times" that Jesus fulfilled in His first coming.

Jesus spent 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb. He ressurected on the Sabbath, before sundown. He ascended to heaven on Sunday, 1st fruits.

Yeah, Leenie, my SIL uses the same argument with me that the bible was written by men. Well, duh! Everything out there that is written is written by men. Never seen any other kind of animal writing anything down. The issue then is WHO is behind what is being written, and there's the problem. If someone doesn't believe in an unseen world with a God that intervenes in the affairs of men, then they will NEVER understand writings inspired by God.

Diane C
Yeah, Leenie, my SIL uses the same argument with me that the bible was written by men. Well, duh! Everything out there that is written is written by men. Never seen any other kind of animal writing anything down. The issue then is WHO is behind what is being written, and there's the problem. If someone doesn't believe in an unseen world with a God that intervenes in the affairs of men, then they will NEVER understand writings inspired by God.

Excellent point, Diane! "They have eyes but see not, and ears but hear not." When we're born again, God opens our spiritual eyes. That's how I can always tell if a person is a Christian or not. If they claim to believe in God, pray to Him, but live like the devil and don't go to church, don't read the Bible, and don't have any interest in spiritual things, that tells me a lot about their spiritual condition.

That's right Leenie. We'll know them by their fruits.

I join with you SisterNChrist,
Easter would be a Great Time to go home.And yes,like
all of you.Iam told(I don't believe that stuff).Or I
get a sly grin.And they walk away.OH WELL!Like our
LORD has said to me many times.(THEY DID NOT BELIEVE
EITHER).
GLORY TO GOD,
Star

AbeOwitz

Passover, First Fruits, Pentecost are all Mo'ed's, "Appointed Times" that Jesus fulfilled in His first coming.

Jesus spent 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb. He ressurected on the Sabbath, before sundown. He ascended to heaven on Sunday, 1st fruits.

AMEN brother...

Not to many Christians have I ran across understands this..

John 19:31 tells that this HOLY DAY (Sabbath) was a "HIGH DAY" or a day during the week..

There is only one way to figure this for it to come out right..

Jesus died on Wednesday at 3PM, taken down to be buried at evening before the Holy day (Sabbath) kicked in.

1) Wed. night
2) Thur. night
3) Fri. night

1) Thursday
2) Friday
3) Saturday

Here's the 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus was resurrected after 3PM on Saturday or the 7th day Sabbath between 3 PM and before dark..

On Sunday morning or 1st day of the week the women went to the tomb with spices BEFORE SUNRISE, and the TOMB WAS EMPTY.. (Matt.28:1) (John 20:1)

Joseph

AbeOwitz
Can't be Easter.

What kind of message would that send to the world? Esp. the Jews?

The bible talks about the church provoking jealousy with Israel, and the best way to send the message that Jesus was the Messiah, would be to have the rapture occur on a date important to the Jewish remnant calendar.

Thanks Abe's... I just noticed this today!
How can we know who is correct?

Passover Map

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Website: pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=0&cmd=search&searchby=user&searchfor=scuggers

My DSIL, BTW, claims to be a Buddist (like BHMO, he's also a Muslim, & Tiger Woods).

Again today, I brought up Jesus to her. She said she only thinks of Him of being a mere prophet, but nothing else. I told her that not only is He the Saviour of the world...there's no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved than Jesus Christ.

She still refuses to believe in Him. Sometime back, she told me that come the Great white Throne Judgment (I told her about) Day...she'll flatly refuse to bow down before Him and procalim Him to be TRULY Lord, when it comes her turn to be judged by Him.

A few weeks ago, when I was sitting at my computer, I could swear to you that I heard the Lord whisper to me, that she isn't saved.

Watch Michael Rood's "The Jonah Code". He matches Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits to Yeshua's sacrifice event by event.

3 days, 3 nights

1 Wednesday night
1 Thursday day
2 Thursday night
2 Friday day
3 Friday night
3 Saturday day (sabbath)

Yeshua died just before sunset. His body was removed just before the passover sabbath (not saturday sabbath).

So, he rose 72 hours later.

The night before first fruits are presented, the stalks of wheat/barley are marked/tied. Yeshua rose on the Sabbath, as he is Lord of the Sabbath. He rose with some dead in Christ, met Mary, then Sunday morning presented the first fruits to the Father when the first fruits were being presented in the temple.

Understanding the feasts are KEY to understanding the timing of Yeshua's events.

Unfortunately the Constantine/Catholic Church moved the day of worship/rest to Sunday.

AbeOwitz
Watch Michael Rood's "The Jonah Code". He matches Passover, Unleavened Bread and First Fruits to Yeshua's sacrifice event by event.

3 days, 3 nights

1 Wednesday night
1 Thursday day
2 Thursday night
2 Friday day
3 Friday night
3 Saturday day (sabbath)

Yeshua died just before sunset. His body was removed just before the passover sabbath (not saturday sabbath).

The night before first fruits are presented, the stalks of wheat/barley are marked/tied. Yeshua rose on the Sabbath, as he is Lord of the Sabbath. He rose with some dead in Christ, met Mary, then Sunday morning presented the first fruits to the Father when the first fruits were being presented in the temple.

Understanding the feasts are KEY to understanding the timing of Yeshua's events.

Unfortunately the Constantine/Catholic Church moved the day of worship/rest to Sunday.

Wow! Thanks AbeOwitz!
great stuff...

Here's one Dan Matson sent today on determining new moon

Using the Last Crescent to anticipate Conjunction

You just don't here this from anyone, why?

scuggers
AbeOwitz

3 days, 3 nights

1 Wednesday night
1 Thursday day
2 Thursday night
2 Friday day
3 Friday night
3 Saturday day (sabbath)

Here's one Dan Matson sent today on determining new moon

Using the Last Crescent to anticipate Conjunction

Biblical Calendar 5770-5771

Website: pub48.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=4086901292&frmid=13&msgid=0&cmd=search&searchby=user&searchfor=scuggers

I like to say to people that scoff, "Hey...did you know that you scoffing right now was written about in the Bible. You were written about in the Bible! Isn't that cool! Right here in 2 Peter 3 it says that knowing this first! First...that in the last days scoffers shall come saying exactly what you are saying...where is the promise of his coming? For from the foundation of the world everything is still going on just as it was before. See...the Bible even prophecied about what is taking place right now between you and me."

That usually blows their minds, and they don't have anything to say after that. God said his word would not come back to him void but that it would achieve the purpose to which it was sent.

You can't argue with people. You have to speak the Word to them to break the spiritual stronghold that the enemy has over their minds. The Word is the power of the gospel unto salvation. Make light of it yourself, but turn the table on them and put them in the position of being the needy and desperate ones, because they are.

AbeOwitz

3 days, 3 nights

1 Wednesday night
1 Thursday day
2 Thursday night
2 Friday day
3 Friday night
3 Saturday day (sabbath)

Thanks Abe,

this was excellent! Jonah Code

Conjuction Calendar Rapture Dates

Usually I don't comment on items like this but..Abe's day of Jesus' death shows Him rising on the morning of the fourth day, which is incorrect.

3 days, 3 nights

1 Wednesday night
1 Thursday day
2 Thursday night
2 Friday day
3 Friday night
3 Saturday day (sabbath)

I have always heard that.....

Jesus died on Thursday and buried before Sundown .....
Friday was Passover - They couldn't annoint the body
Saturday was the Sabbath - They couldn't annoint the body
Sunday was the day they came (morning of the 3rd day) to annoint the body and Jesus had arose.

1 Thursday night (had to be buried B4 sunset)
1 Friday day (Passover)
2 Friday night
2 Saturday day (Sabbath)
3 Sunday Morning

I could be wrong but I know Abe's morning of the fourth day scenario for resurrection is definitely incorrect.

Just some thoughts....

YBIC
Rich E

Rich,

I only see 3 days?

Thurs, Friday and Sat?

Rises before sundown on Sat. Sabbath.

Where is the fourth day?

Jesus rose from the dead before sunset on the Sabbath. This is when Mary arrived at the tomb.

Mathew 28, And late on the Sabbath, as day 1 of the week was beginning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to view the tomb.

Mathew 29 And behold, a great earthquake took place, for an angel of the lord had come down from heaven and rolled the stone from the door and was sitting on it.

So, this means "As the sabbath was ending, and Sunday was beginning..." these things happened.

Remember God's days begin/end at sunset.

So Jesus rose from the dead at sunset on the Sabbath, met Mary shortly thereafter, selected his first fruits, then ascended into heaven the next morning, which we know as sunday morning.

The original Greek is clear.

Watch Michael Rood's "The Jonah Code", you'll learn a LOT and this will become clearer... He addresses the translation problems, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5AD0AtK-4

Scruggers,

As Abe said Christ arose early on the first day of the week...That is Sunday...So if three days past (Thurs, Fri & Sat), He arose early on the 4th day...Sunday.

Abe

So, this means "As the sabbath was ending, and Sunday was beginning..." these things happened.

Simple arithmetic...to me anyway.

As far as using anything else to verify this...I just use the Bible.

He couldn't be annointed on Passover..the first day(Thurs-Fri), He couldn't be annointed on the second day(Fri-Sat)the Sabbath, so finally on the third day (Sunday) the women went to annoint Him.......and on the third day the temple was rebuilt.

Whatever day it was it makes no difference in my salvation....A Wednesday night burial just makes no sense to me for the reasons I said...that's all.

Just my thoughts of course...

YBIC
Rich E

You both are missing the point to some extent..

Look closely at what is happening.. and keep 24 hour periods.. quit playing games with God's Word..

Wed night 1st night
Thur 1st Day
Thur Night 2nd night
Fri 2nd Day
Fri night 3rd night
Sat 3rd day, but IT HAS to BE AFTER 3 PM for the total days to add up

It CAN NOT be a morning SAT or SUN either one..

A day is 24 hours... PERIOD...

Since Thursday was a SABBATH observance there was nothing the women could do, plus the Roman guards..

Friday the Roman guards were still there so they couldn't do anything yet.

Saturday the 7 day Sabbath they could not do anything still because of the Holy Day keeping..

This is why on the 1st day of the week, before SUNRISE the women went to the tomb.

The tomb was already empty.. This is the start of the 4th day..

The SABBATH has always been on the 7 day, that is the Lord's Day and will always be the Lord's Day.. He did not change the day.. MAN CHANGED THE DAY..

We are now in the 7000th year or 7th day of the Lord's Rest when he sets up his kingdom on earth for those 1000 years.. IT"S ALWAYS BEEN and will always be the LORD'S DAY... Number 7.. Completeness..

Now here's a simple answer to the SABBATH question I hear so many try to argue over.

You know the Jews were fussing about circumcism, keeping the law of Moses, well, do we read anywhere in the Bible about a big FUSS OVER THE SABBATH..... NO, we do not..

As far as worshipping on the 1st day of the week, they did that even back in Moses time, book of Exodus.

BUT the Sabbath has and will always be the Lord's day and His Day of Rest..

BTW... John's account is the most accurate in my opinion... Matthew is a little on the dramatic side. Mark does paint 2 disciples walking along discussing the 1st day of the week as the event.. BUT I like John's account much better..

It is he that points to the Wednesday evening burial, plus he doesn't have all the dramatics as Matthew did..

John was there at the crucifixion, so I figure he has a bird's eye view on this..

Matthew, Mark, and Luke are relaying 3rd hand as they understood it.. Hopes this helps..

Joseph

Well, in short, my point is that the rapture is unlikely to be on Easter since the timing of Easter is based on Pagan traditions.

The Jews know who Ishtar is. They know that the pagans dyed eggs in the blood of sacrificed babies. (Details in Michael Rood's video.)

Since the salvation of the Gentiles is supposed to provoke jealousy of the Jews, Easter would send the message that a Pagan holiday/traditions were favored by the Messiah.

Rom 11:11 .... but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

The Rapture must happen on a date significant to the Jews, that sends a clear message historically as well as in the current mindset. One that removes the blindness from them.

The rapture is not for us, but to give Glory to Jesus.

It just really bugs me that people use Pagan traditions, names and times to celebrate the Resurrection and ignore Passover, which is reality.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com