Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PETS IN HEAVEN - Yes or No?

Hi everyone! In the wee hours of the morning I had such a realistic dream about Foxi Dog, a cat I used to have from the time he was a kitten.

He was a beautiful, long hair (similar to the avatar picture) and so special and sweet. When my husband and I divorced, so long ago, I could not take my cat, and his two daughters, Woofer and Tweeter with me. So my ex moved them to CA, but then gave them away. Had I known that would happen, I never would have given them to him.

In my dream, toward the end, all of a sudden I had this realization that my most precious Foxi Dog....was just....gone....not in my life....and hadn't been with me for forever. So I called out to him and he just appeared and came walking to me. He looked haggared, but I picked him up and loved him. I was so so so happy to have him back in my life.

Because he was "with me now" I went about, doing things around and about, and then all of a sudden I noticed he was gone again. I called out again and from nowhere he appeared, but this time as he came toward me he was off balance, and his paws were kind of turning under as he tried to come to me.

I scooped him up in my arms and layed him on my shoulder where he just melted into my embrace and I held him and spontaneously began praying and commending him to the Lord and to Heaven.

That was the end. I don't have an interpretation for the dream, and don't know if there even is one. but I've had some very special animals that I've never wanted to live - eternally - without.

I guess what I am asking is, those who believe your pets will go to heaven, why do you believe it?"

And has God given you something, anything, to confirm to you that they will be there? And what about for the time of the millenium?

Re: PETS IN HEAVEN - Yes or No?

Yes, because God will grant us the desires of our heart, and, not even one little sparrow falls without God knowing. They are his too.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

I say yes also. Jesus loves animals. He made them for us so that we would have comfort in our times of need. The closest thing on earth to God's love is a good Mother's love, and the love of our innocent animals.

About a year ago, Kolleen, I was pondering the same thing regarding our darling pets, I had a black cocker spaniel

a golden collie

a pure white persian cat . .

and then, before I finished asking our Lord the same question, I heard in my spirit . . "and thy household"

Ya know, sis . . . I believe with all my heart every molecule and cell of every living creature is never annihilated.

I, too, have no doubt that every desire in Heaven we express will be met . . We sure do love and miss our pets. I think they are so happy prancing in God's Heavenly Paradise . Oh, Kolleen our pets are waiting for us.

Too, I believe they will remember/recognize us when we get there . . . they will remember who took care of them here . . .

I remember how Roy Rogers missed Trigger . . . I smile every time I think how he's enjoying his loved horse again.

HolyToTheLord
I say yes also. Jesus loves animals. He made them for us so that we would have comfort in our times of need. The closest thing on earth to God's love is a good Mother's love, and the love of our innocent animals.

YES Kolleen - I agree with Maria, HTTL and Donna - We will see them again - they are waiting for us.

I would have said exactly what HTTL says above - I feel the same way - I believe God is keeping it as a surprise for us... .... not coming right out in the Bible and saying it. But I also am relying on the verse Donna pointed out - "you and your household will be saved". I believe that includes out pets and even those we loved and have already gone on.

God is too good to NOT let us have our heart's desire (as Maria pointed out) which includes our pets in heaven.

There will be no disappointments there so I'm EXPECTING that our pets will be there and believe it with all my heart.

Hi Kolleen! This is a subject that comes up frequently and can become very emotional. I usually just stay out of those discussions but for some reason today I will tell you YES and why I believe that.
Most of the "great" theological teachers will answer that the Bible does not say one way or the other - and that's probably true. But my personal belief is God's love is so vastly greater than mine, and I know how much I have loved all of my cats and dogs and birds and turtles, etc. over the years, and I believe yes, I will see them all again and they will be perfect and well and happy!
No they are not "made in the image of God", but they are most certainly His incredible, unique creations - and Romans tells us that God will redeem All of creation.

Just a personal word I believe was straight from God to me:
On a beautiful October afternoon in 2003 I was sitting on our back screened porch writing a letter. I had been looking for the rapture for several years, but a few months prior to this October afternoon I had become totally OBSESSED with worrying if my two cats would be going in the rapture and if not, what would happen to them. I remember I was just looking out into the yard and completely out of the blue, the most beautiful snow white dove just "dropped" down to the ground out of one of our Bradford pear trees. This was NOT a vision or dream, but a real, live dove! I was stunned to say the least - just to see that was enough for me. But what happened next was incredible.
There was some bird food under a feeder that this dove ate a little of. Then he looked directly at me and flew toward me and lightly touched the screen just in front of me and then flew over into the other pear tree in our yard. I was stunned and just sat there trying to process this.
After a couple of minutes, this same dove flew out of the pear tree he had flown into, and landed directly on a hose roller that was sitting next to the house. This is one of those auto-rewind hose rollers that uses the water pressure in the hose to rewind itself. Really cool and when I got it, I thought it was so great that it was made in ISRAEL. I've always called it my "Israeli hose roller".
Weird - because I had never seen any bird sit on this thing. After he sat there a couple of minutes, then he flew directly to a little garden stone by the bird bath and sat right in the middle of this garden stone. It has a picture of a cat looking up at the sun - and that is where our first cat is buried!
The dove sat there briefly, then flew back toward me, lightly touching the screen again, then went back to the first pear tree, ate a bit of bird food and was just like sucked back up into the tree. No more than ten minutes total.

I was not asking God about anything at the time, but am convinced it was a moment where He showed me in His great, great love a message. And that message was 1. keep your eyes on Israel
2. My cats are safe and sound with Him and in His hands and I have NEVER fretted about them being left behind since! Any time I leave the house, I yell to them "if Jesus calls you, Run to Him!" Before bed, they get their instructions - run to Jesus!

When I told my husband what had happened that afternoon with the dove, his first response was "where is he? I want to see the dove too!"
I had seen the dove on Wednesday, and then early Saturday morning hubby was walking by the back windows and all of a sudden I hear "THERE HE IS!" And the dove was there for a few minutes and we never saw him again.
I think it was important for hubby to see him - so at least he knows I wasn't delusional!

Just my story - and I figure "you have not because you ask not" - so I've asked; and "delight yourself unto the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart".
And most of all "God IS LOVE"

Email: Mehyndshaw@AOL.com

The other thing that I have read from the testimony of a 4 1/2 year old girl that went to Heaven is that the animals talk in Heaven too. She was riding a deer that was singing to her. Little babies that are aborted are carried around in the pouches of Kangaroo's that sing to them. God finishes forming their torn up little bodies, and then they are taken care of by the Angels and the animals. I guess there are animals everywhere.

6 Big, Big, Big Angels is the book that I read that talks about this.

His love is so vast, we really do not have the ability to comprehend. What an awesome God we serve.

She has even watched Father God dance over his people as they are praising him. He bent over and pulled up the back of his robe and tucked it into his belt so he wouldn't trip on it. When he and Jesus come close together, I guess there are major fireworks of all different colors. Can't wait to get there to be a part of that celebration. Sigh.

Betsy dear Sis,

That was a beautiful story, loved reading it, thank you.

I also believe that our pets will be with us

I have 2x Cavalier King Charles, and they are like my babies. I talk to them and love them dearly. I have always loved animals for these are a gift from God.

I remember when I was a little boy (approx 8 years old), we had this german shepard female dog. She was like a mother hen, she would round us kids up if we strayed and lay with us etc. She had a beautiful mothering nature.

When she got old and sick my father would put socks on her feet so she could come inside the house to sleep and rest, as she was always an outside dog.

I still remember when she died, I was heart broken and the tears flowed like a river.

I wanted to help my father dig the hole for her to be in. I remember going inside the house and finding photos of Jesus and other Christian trinkets. Before we covered the hole back in with dirt, I cuddled her one last time while crying. I then laid all the photo's etc on her body and gave her a big kiss.

I will meet my beautiful german shepard "Astrid" again, I long to she her and to be sheparded again in the pastures of glory.

Love ybiC / Paul

Yes i believe there are pets in heaven, have you ever listen to Jesse Deplantis, close encounter of the God kind. He saw animals everywhere. I know of other who seen heaven and saw dogs, cats and other there.

Paul, I looked up your dear pet Astrid's name and it means "godly strength"!

Betsy that was an awesome testimony!!

I still miss my sweet collie Duke. I truly believe that the Lord uses animals to minister to us though and maybe that is another reason that we can expect to see them there! I sure hope so!

Shirley, I love the Maltese that come into the salon, they are so sweet and do not sass me one bit. They are precious!

To each of you ~ Maria, HolytotheLord, Donna, Shirley, Betsy and Paul ~ I am treasuring your answers to this question and to me, and for your taking the time to share...

I've always been strong in this belief myself, but this dream unnerved me so to
speak, to see my cat so haggard, weak and dying. Have been crying every time I remember it. So I just really needed some comfort that what I had been believing is so, by His Spirit through your words.

I am beginning to be very comforted in your testimonies, and I will focus on that the last thing I did for him in the dream, was commend him to the Lord....it was so spontaneous there that it seems to be of spiritual significance. Lord! Thank You for Your goodness that is beyond measure!

Betsy, I will never forget this white dove, and thank you for choosing to speak about it. I think there is a meaning there that maybe we haven't even grasped yet.

It shows how God hears our cry and can immediately respond in any way He chooses. I believe this little dove truly dropped right out of heaven, to console you, and that everything he touced was significant to God's heart and yours! I know I am so encouraged by it, and by everything else that has been shared. Thank you all so much; the hurt and wondering is leaving - bless you all!

Busy Bee, no, I have not heard that from Jesse Duplantis, but I will keep my ears open...

Melissa, I had meant to also say how I had also been thinking that animals reflect so many things in the characteristics of God. They are loving, faithful, committed, loyal, joyful, best friends, trusting...

And lately I have seen several instances where some animals are "adopting" different breeds of animals, caring for and nuturing their adoptee's back to love and health, providing for and protecting these little orphans - all these things I see in God.

And before my fears over my cat today, I had been seeing so many of these odd match situations that I had begun thinking it seems that the animal kingdom is already beginning to "lie down" together in peace, as it will be in heaven.

Our pets are ABSOLUTELY in Heaven! In fact, three times the Lord has shown me visions of my various pets in Heaven!!!!

Also, many years ago I lost a dog that was my best friend. I was grieving so hard over her. One day, out of the blue, while I was having my devotional time, the Holy Spirit spoke loudly to me, "Thank Him," He commanded. I was confused......for what? Then He told me that my request for my dog to go to Heaven had been granted. She was also given a new name........in Hebrew.......Tikvah........it means, "hope".

Be at peace, they not only are there, but they are waiting for us. Mind you, we won't "own" them in Heaven......they are the Lord's and their duty of earthly servitude to us is complete......but they are our forever friends......a new kind of relationship.

Yes, many, many of the testimonies of people who have been to heaven mention the animals there!!

Question - are your pets acting strangely? My two cats are extremely clingy these days. They've always been very aloof and independent types, but for the past two or three months they are like glue! Almost like they know it's almost time to leave.
===================================
Here are some favorite animal quotes:

From "The Broken Cup: Christian Poetry"

God Spelled Backward Is Dog...

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anonymous

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." -Ben Williams

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person."-Andy Rooney

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." -M. Acklam

"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate." -Sigmund Freud

"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons." -James Thurber

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

"My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am."-Unknown

"The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too." -Samuel Butler

"A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life." -Bob Barker

"The dog has no ambition, no self-interest, no desire for vengeance, no fear other than that of displeasing." -Count of Buffon

"Here, Gentlemen, a dog teaches us a lesson in humanity"--Napoleon Bonaparte

" No matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."-Louis Sabin

"Happiness is a warm puppy."-Charles Schulz
http://thebrokencup.blogspot.com/2007/01/god-spelled-backward-is-dog.html

Email: Mehyndshaw@AOL.com

"My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am."-Unknown

Betsy, I like all of those quotes, but this one above stands out! That is exactly what dogs do, is make you know that you are their #1 in their lives. That's another built in quality from the hand of God, showing what devotion "to your Master" is all about!

TerribleSwiftSword - I've seen that forward of the cheetah's and the baby antelope. It got separated from it's herd and got caught. How terrifying for the little thing, but what an escape to freedom!!! Amazing that they got those pictures!

Hi, Kolleen, I hope I got in under the wire before the chewed up meat hits the platter!!

I believe with my whole heart that we are going to have pets in heaven. (Remember the lion and the lamb lying together??) Plus you know that we're going to be following Jesus in white horses just before the battle of Armaggedon?

I hope I'm right!! I love animals!

HEY LISA! YOU MADE IT, JUST UNDER THE WIRE !!!

I'm sacrificing for you so you don't have to be the last one to "hang"...isn't that what you said?

Anyway, thank you for the reminder of the lion and the lamb - that is perfect! I lost it with the intensity of the dream, but am back to believing again!

Oh! It's been a long day

Thanks for staying up and responding to my post, Kolleen! I think the phrase I used was "dead as a doornail!" (Actually same thing as "hanging")

It's nice not to be the last one to post!!

Sleep well!

YES W/O QUESTION

Melissa, I had meant to also say how I had also been thinking that animals reflect so many things in the characteristics of God. They are loving, faithful, committed, loyal, joyful, best friends, trusting...

Kolleen, I have noticed this too that they share unconditional love and show instant forgiveness!! These pets are an awesome gift from our Father!

Here is a pic of my dog Duke!

Yes.

Thanks TN and 2HH!

Hi Duke!!! Melissa - he looks so sweet and like a great companion! Thanks for sharing his photo!

I will try to post some of the pictures I have I've saved on these "opposite matche's" soon.

Blessings everyone and again, many thanks!

Melissa, Your collie was beautiful!!!! Sometimes I just do not understand why these thing happen. I am going to try and get Richard to post of picture of Alex soon, he is so beautiful too. You just never, ever see collies anymore so, I think they are so valuable.

Maria, Thanks! He was really precious. I would love to see a pic of your collie too. Duke was a very good companion to my husband out here on our little farm, although he (Duke)preferred hanging out with me! We really miss him. I just remember to thank our Lord for letting us enjoy him while we did!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com