Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Assisted Living Nightmare

I'm going through something really wacky right now. I could probably use some prayer.

I was taking my 85-year-old aunt out once a week or more and it is a 32-mile-round trip for me. She is in assisted living where she has lived for 5 years. We have a lot of fun, we play scrabble, go to karaoke, out to eat, movies, everything.

Unfortunately the assisted living changed hands. It was very professionally run by a registered nurse for four years, then she sold it to a young couple. A 25-year-old woman who seems like a nurse's aide runs everything now, and she is a nut job! I've filed some complaints; I've seen her be verbally abusive to the old people and also she is that way to me. Plus she tries to control people and involve herself in ways she shouldn't.

Right now there is a restraining order keeping ME away for "harassment" (so I can't even take my aunt out now). It is filled with all kinds of lies, saying I slammed doors and yelled at the residents which never happened! On the contrary, it is the management who is trampling the residents' rights, including my aunt. I am going to court, hopefully with an ombudsman to help me. I have listed about 9 rules and regulations that they have broken concerning my aunt.

Say a prayer. This is a satanic stronghold. There is more at issue than my aunt and I. There are the four or five other residents there who are suffering. Just pray that that stronghold comes down.

Thanks, EA

Re: Assisted Living Nightmare

Earthangel, I don't know what state in which this is occurring, but there should be a group within the state's Health & Human Services organization called "Adult Protective Services". Please contact them and let them know about your concerns. They can investigate charges of abuse. It is also good to keep good documentation to share with them. Just a notebook with the dates, times, people's names, etc. along with a brief description of what occurred. This gives them something solid to go by. Your aunt can also document events and give that to you if she wishes fo remain anonymous. Most residents do because they fear retaliation.

Verbal abuse is an offense as much as physical abuse. Neglect is also a punishable offense for service providers. Senior adults in these facilities are pretty much at the mercy of their caregivers and abuse, neglect and intmidation in any degree should never be tolerated or allowed to continue. If there is a local network television news team that exposes this type of marketplace abuse or fraud, they may also be contacted. Shining light on a dark situation especially where money is concerned makes a difference. Please keep us updated. I will be praying for your aunt, the other residents and you.

Thanks, Texas Sue. I have documented everything I can think of. I have filed complaints with the Attorney General's Office, The Assisted Living Licensing and the Better Business Bureau. Assisted Living Licensing recommended the ombudsman who is helping me. I did have the asissted living re-inspected but the inspector couldn't substantiate what I was saying, because, of course, the verbal abuse wouldn't go on in front of the inspector. Most of the residents, including my aunt, can't remember anything from five minutes ago.

It may be kind of good that this is coming out in court, now. The Bible says to expose the unfruitful works of darkness. It is probably why the owners are afraid of me; they try to be secretive. In a way, I will be surprised if they show up in court, but it is really better if they do because we need to have a big discussion about all of this.

Earthangel,

If you have an Adult Protective Services in your area, they can certainly get involved with the verbal abuse complaint and have the authority to follow up. They are supposed to be in an advocate's role for helpless older adults. They are usually listed in the phonebook in those front "government" pages under "the state of _______" where all the state offices are listed. God bless you for standing your ground on this Earthangel. The Bible tell us to speak up for those being led away to destruction. That means unborn children, helpless children and adults who cannot defend themselves.

Earthangel, my heart goes out to you. I used to be an LVN, and I worked in a convalescent hospital...(or, as they call it now, assisted living), for 3 1/2 years, so I know exactly what goes on there.

Texas Sue just gave you some excellent advice.

I do pray that you can break through the legal system and will be able to see and care for your dear aunt. I saw way too many cases of neglect, especially those who did not have families who visited them.

I also pray for the other residents who don't have families to fight for them. My heart goes out to them as well.

Photobucket
We're praying for you Earthangel, praying that the Lord, would move mighty, and give you favor with whom this may concern, for you and your precious Aunt.

Lord, we're asking this prayer request in Jesus, pecious name. Amen!! and we thank you Father, for answering our prayer for Earthangel, and her precious Aunt.

Blessings,
WC/Cathy

I worked for a year in assisted living as a caregiver. It was 10 residents and the women in charge could be a nightmare to family or workers if you challenged her. Its a power thing. And there isnt alot people to answer to. I agree Texas Sue gave you good advise. Its not fair to your Aunt to loose her day with you. I spent alot of years caring for the sick and elderly and this type of thing just makes me upset. Your Auntie needs her day with you. I pray for you both. Janice

EarthAngel, what a precious saint you are to take such care of your elderly Aunt! God bless you. I've said a prayer for your Aunt and for the others in the assisted living community she's in.

Earthangel ditto from me that is I will be praying about this situation where the enemy is trying to get in the way of your natural family caring relationship with your aunt. There is huge potential for abuse in care homes and big inroads for the enemy. At work we recently were dealing with a case where it's highly probably that an elderly man was suffering theft of his money probably by a "carer" or staff member since nothing else adds up. Was anything done by anyone? I think you can guess the answer to that one. We live in wicked times. I will definitely be praying for you in this situation.
love
Ditta

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com