This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1 John 4:1 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits

Ola Ilori
Test the Spirits

Email: randyjan@windstream.net

Re: 1 John 4:1 "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits

Thankyou Randy for posting this. I wont have a chance to read it till I get home but when I was going to bed last night I was thinking about how much has spiritially hit me this week and how I should test the spirits. I want to know what is coming is coming to me from God. I prayed about this and then you post this. I just love God.

Hi Randy

First up I am not a Prophet. I just study scripture seeking when the Lord will return for His Church.

You are absolutely free to spend your time looking for false Prophets behind every bush.

I'd rather spend my time in prayer and the Word.

I really don't have the time or inclination to say any more on the matter.

Ola

OLA ILORI
Hi Randy

First up I am not a Prophet. I just study scripture seeking when the Lord will return for His Church.

You are absolutely free to spend your time looking for false Prophets behind every bush.

I'd rather spend my time in prayer and the Word.

I really don't have the time or inclination to say any more on the matter.

Ola

Actually I spend very little time looking for false prophets, I am commanded to test spirits, so when anyone announces the time of the Rapture, I check to see if they have made past Rapture predictions. Those who have, I tend to not put a lot of faith in what they say.

I really hope you are right......This time

Randy

Brother Randy, I agree we need to test the spirits, but that False Prophet Watch website is NOT the place to do it. That person lists everyone as a false prophet. Put in any name from 5 Doves and this person says they are false, even if they have never prophecied anything at all and are just making comments on the site. This person has listed me several times as a false prophet and I have never claimed to be prophet or prophecied anything in my life. I have just commented on letters like everyone else, but was listed as false.

The person who does that site has a mean and vindictive spirit if you ask me as he/she will not even allow anyone to contact them for a rebuttal. The tag line on the top of the site says they are listing false prophets who refuse to repent of their false prophecies or abominations. WOW, pretty harsh for people just posting comments on a blog site.

I hope you don't take that site seriously brother - and I hope you are doing ok these days.

Diane C
Brother Randy, I agree we need to test the spirits, but that False Prophet Watch website is NOT the place to do it. That person lists everyone as a false prophet. Put in any name from 5 Doves and this person says they are false, even if they have never prophecied anything at all and are just making comments on the site. This person has listed me several times as a false prophet and I have never claimed to be prophet or prophecied anything in my life. I have just commented on letters like everyone else, but was listed as false.

The person who does that site has a mean and vindictive spirit if you ask me as he/she will not even allow anyone to contact them for a rebuttal. The tag line on the top of the site says they are listing false prophets who refuse to repent of their false prophecies or abominations. WOW, pretty harsh for people just posting comments on a blog site.

I hope you don't take that site seriously brother - and I hope you are doing ok these days.

Hi Diane, I am feeling pretty good today, thanks for asking, and no, I do not believe everything I read on the internet, however anyone who sets dates, I tend to watch, and if that date comes and goes, I personally can not put much trust in anything that person says (and this person has set dates in the past)

YBIC Randy

It was really on my heart last night to test the spirits. I do not know about this site but I do know that what I recieve be it dreams or emotions or thoughts or visions I want to know what is coming from God. As I said in my previous post Randy you confirmed what was in my heart and that was to test the spirits.

Yep randy I always test the spirits and I've known on this board for saying so but it may be a good idea to to also test the spirit of the false prophet watch board/site don't cha think?
One must take an all encompassing view and test everything not just the look bad ones. But I also watch dates, particularly for the rapture and if I note a person consistently setting dates that pass and we're still here I tend to give them no credence, rather I just move on.
Just for the record IMHO the rapture will NOT be at a time that we expect, it will happen at a time that we least expect and I'm convinced not on any day in the Jewish calendar.
Just my thoughts.
God Bless
DB

David~B
Yep randy I always test the spirits and I've known on this board for saying so but it may be a good idea to to also test the spirit of the false prophet watch board/site don't cha think?
One must take an all encompassing view and test everything not just the look bad ones. But I also watch dates, particularly for the rapture and if I note a person consistently setting dates that pass and we're still here I tend to give them no credence, rather I just move on.
Just for the record IMHO the rapture will NOT be at a time that we expect, it will happen at a time that we least expect and I'm convinced not on any day in the Jewish calendar.
Just my thoughts.
God Bless
DB

it may be a good idea to to also test the spirit of the false prophet watch board/site don't cha think?
Hello Dave, absolutely , I don't put much faith in that web site, but when there are documented proof that someone has falsely predicted at least two Rapture dates, I tend to think that person just may not be hearing from God as well as he says...don't ya think!!

Randy

Randy,

I certainly believe in testing the spirits whether they are of God. I don't trust that False Prophet website though. That man that runs that site would probably say I am a false prophet, if I wrote a letter to 5 Doves saying that I believe Jesus will rapture his bride this year. I actually do believe that, but I am not claiming to be a prophet of God either. I have read many of Ola's letters on 5 Doves, but I don't remember him ever saying he is a prophet. He is just guessing and theorizing about when the rapture might take place, kind of like a lot of us here at RITA are doing every day. If a man claims to be a prophet, his word better be true, or else I would say that man is a false prophet. I don't believe Ola Ilori is one of those.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Khog
Randy,

I certainly believe in testing the spirits whether they are of God. I don't trust that False Prophet website though. That man that runs that site would probably say I am a false prophet, if I wrote a letter to 5 Doves saying that I believe Jesus will rapture his bride this year. I actually do believe that, but I am not claiming to be a prophet of God either. I have read many of Ola's letters on 5 Doves, but I don't remember him ever saying he is a prophet. He is just guessing and theorizing about when the rapture might take place, kind of like a lot of us here at RITA are doing every day. If a man claims to be a prophet, his word better be true, or else I would say that man is a false prophet. I don't believe Ola Ilori is one of those.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, I agree, I think the Rapture will happen soon,but you and I will not set a specific date he said that he wasn't a prophet, all I'm saying is he has set a couple dates in the past and I just have a hard time believing anyone who sets specific dates. But I'm sure that he means well and he is our Brother in Christ, and we should pray for each other that we all will meet in Heaven......some day : < )

YBIC
Randy

I understand your sentiments Randy. I do believe there were many of us here on RITA that were absolutely sure that Rosh Hashana 2009 was the date of the rapture, but it wasn't. We were just making an educated guess based on the meaning an importance of the fall feast dates. Many of us now are believing that the rapture will happen during the Passover feast, but that doesn't make us false prophets does it? I look forward to not looking at certain dates, but actually being raptured by my Lord Jesus finally. I say all of these things in love to you brother.

YBIC
Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Khog
I understand your sentiments Randy. I do believe there were many of us here on RITA that were absolutely sure that Rosh Hashana 2009 was the date of the rapture, but it wasn't. We were just making an educated guess based on the meaning an importance of the fall feast dates. Many of us now are believing that the rapture will happen during the Passover feast, but that doesn't make us false prophets does it? I look forward to not looking at certain dates, but actually being raptured by my Lord Jesus finally. I say all of these things in love to you brother.

YBIC
Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I love you too my Brother, there seems to be a lot of tension on the board lately, I really didn't mean to pick on anyone about setting dates, and I do apologize if I hurt any ones feelings. I think that the devil is really trying to cause trouble with us because he knows his time is short. I rebuke him in the name of Jesus!....and I pray and believe each and every Ritarian will be taken in the Rapture......Whenever it is

YBIC
Randy

Randy & Ola,

I love you both in Christ Jesus our saviour

ybiC / Paul

Paul/Aussie
Randy & Ola,

I love you both in Christ Jesus our saviour

ybiC / Paul

Mee tooo Paul.... I can not just be one sided I care for everyone...I understand your heart too Paul...Bless you.

Not long before rapture now :) I agree with the prayers too. So many dates come and gone.
Now for some educational and some happy listening I suggest http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rapturereadyradio/2010/03/27/live-saturday-with-terry-james.mp3?localembed=download
This is the raptureready radio station and chat room I'd love to share it with all. Saturdays listening is really great :)
If the link don't work go here.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rapturereadyradio and click on live Saturday with Terry James and click download for the latest show,, I chat there sometimes under David~b nick you all are welcome.. What cha think?? :p lol

I looked into this website (blogger) and look what they posted. It is NOT RIGHT AND NOT IN THEIR RIGHT for them to judge that 40000 converts resulting from revival in Haiti is coming from False Prophets. We should be JOY with this kind of news and NOT CONDEMNING even JUDGING this revival, it hurts the Holy Spirit Movement.

Read it for yourself and judge for yourself, who is now actually the false website?

WEBSITE ABOUT THE FALSE PROPHET IS NOT A "GOOD" WEBSITE BECAUSE WHAT THEIR ONLY POSTING IS ABOUT JUDGMENT TO BELIEVERS IN YESHUA, IT IS BETTER FOR THEM TO JUST POSTING WHAT SHOULD ANYONE LOOK AT AND FOLLOW THAN SPENDING ALL THE WEB BLOG TO JUDGE OTHERS.
HOWEVER IF ANYBODY INSISTS WANT TO STILL COME TO THIS FALSE PROPHET WATCH WEBSITE, LOOK TO IT WITH DISCERNMENT AND DO NOT JUDGE ANYBODY FROM IT. SINCE WE ARE NOT A JUDGE THEREFORE WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE SO WE WON'T BE JUDGED.

You can read it by yourself who do you think they are that they can judge this revival?

The News from THAT WEBSITE

40,000 Haitians join the baptist cult - false prophets are overjoyed -- LOOK WHAT THEY SAID, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT APPROPRIATE JUDGMENT --

first - baptists are not Christians. Some in the baptist cult may be but that is in spite of their cult, not because of it.

baptists claim all you do is need to "accept Jesus as Savior" and then you are saved no matter what. They do not teach He needs to be the Lord of their lives - because "if you have to obeyHim, that is works and we are "saved by grace" alone". I grew up in the baptist cult and it is filled with (unrepentant) fornicators, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, psycopaths, etc. They teach you can continue to live in a sinful lifestyle since you are "saved no matter what" and they ignore what the bible REALLY teaches - even messiah Yshua's own words which SHOULD be a wakeup warning to everyone who claims to be a Christian:

Matthew 7
21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, only those who do what my Father in heaven wants.
22 On that Day, many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord! Didn't we prophesy in your name? Didn't we expel demons in your name? Didn't we perform many miracles in your name?'
23 Then I will tell them to their faces, 'I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!'

According to Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) you need to obey God and His law otherwise you are lawless and He will reject you.

------------------------------------------------------
http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/feb2010/mikec227-3.htm

Mike Curtiss (27 Feb 2010)
"40,000 Haitians profess faith in Christ since Jan. 12 quake"

40,000 Haitians profess faith in Christ since Jan. 12 quake
Baptist Press ^ Feb 25, 2010 Barbara Denman

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (BP)--A reported 40,127 Haitians have made professions of faith in Jesus Christ since a major earthquake hit the impoverished nation in January, according to pastors and directors of missions within the Confraternite Missionaire Baptiste d'Haiti (CMBH).

"Haiti is ripe for a spiritual movement from God," said Craig Culbreth, director of the Florida Baptist Convention's partnership missions department, which coordinates the work of the CMBH, upon his Feb. 22 return from Port-au-Prince.

During a Feb. 16-17 citywide holiday observance in Cap Haitien, Haiti's second largest city, Culbreth saw "thousands upon thousands filling the streets where people are seeking God and asking Him to spare them from what happened in Port-au-Prince. For me, it was a New Testament expression of what it looks like when the Spirit of God shows up. I have never seen anything like it."

The CMBH is the Florida Baptist Convention-funded partnership of nearly 900 Haitian Baptist churches throughout Haiti. Through the partnership the Florida convention employs seven indigenous missionaries in six regions.

Since the earthquake, the CMBH pastors have distributed 51 tons of rice, which provided 437,750 servings to Haitians in Port-au-Prince and outlying areas where refugees have fled. Additional feedings are expected.

During the week of Feb. 16-22, Culbreth was on his third trip to Haiti since the earthquake to determine how Florida and Southern Baptists could reach beyond Port-au-Prince and meet needs of refugees who left the capital city.

Together, he and Dennis Wilbanks, an associate in partnership missions, have visited five of the six associations, conferring and praying with the directors of missions and Haitian pastors in the associations.

Culbreth compared the window of opportunity where the people are hungry for the Gospel to the United States after 9/11 when hundreds flocked to churches.

He cited recent events in many of the 110 churches in the Port-au-Prince area where throngs of people have been seeking spiritual guidance in church meetings, which have been held outdoors because Haitians feared to enter buildings. Church leaders have reported 28,000 salvations in the Ouest (Port-au-Prince) association.

Many conversions took place during the three days of prayer and fasting called for by the Haitian government Feb. 12-14, Culbreth said.

"People were in the streets, literally begging God for forgiveness and mercy," said Wilbanks, who was in Port-au-Prince at the time.

Professions of faith also have been reported by Florida and Southern Baptist medical and disaster relief teams as volunteers shared the Gospel.

The upsurge in the reported conversions appears to fulfill a pre-earthquake vision by Louis LaBranche, CMBH director of ministry.

"Pastor LaBranche said he had a vision of God telling him that 1.5 million Haitians will be saved in the next five years. He believes it and so do I," Culbreth said.

Culbreth traveled to Leogane, the epicenter of the earthquake which is located 18 miles west of the Haitian capital.

"Reports said that 90 percent of the buildings have been destroyed, but I did not see a house that was not damaged. The roads are buckled and people are pouring out in the streets," he said.

Culbreth was in Port-au-Prince during the 4.7 magnitude aftershock Feb. 22, and he said Haitians continue to live in fear for their lives.

The next three months will be crucial to reaping a spiritual harvest in Haiti, Culbreth said. CMBH leaders are planning 14 area-wide crusades, including two each in five associations and four in Port-au-Prince. The Florida Baptist Convention has authorized $53,000 to purchase Bibles and tracts and to rent sound equipment for the Haitian leaders.

"This is their dream and vision," Culbreth said. "They are making the plans. We are only providing funding to make it happen."

AND WHEN YOU LOOK IT MORE CAREFULLY, THEN YOU CAN SAY AHA...

The point is DO NOT JUDGE ANYBODY SO YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED, YOUR DUTY IS TO DELIVER THE GOOD NEWS WHETHER IT IS APPROPRIATE OF NOT APPROPRIATE TIME.

IN THIS SENSE I WON'T JUDGE ANYBODY OR ANY WEBSITE, BUT IF YOU WISH TO LOOK AT IT, LOOK AT IT WITH DISCERNMENT, AS NOT ANYBODY IS FREE OF GUILT ... ONLY BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB YESHUA WE ARE ALL SAVED.

HANDS NEVER SAY TO HEARTS THAT THEY ARE WRONG BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM HANDS AND LIKEWISE HEARTS NEVER SAY TO HANDS THAT THEY ARE WRONG BECAUSE LACK OF THINKING AND JUST DOING ALL THE TIME. WE ARE ALL PART OF THE BODY OF YESHUA, WE MUST BE ONE AND NOT JUDGING EACH OTHER BUT REMIND EACH OTHER TO WALK IN THE TRUTH.

May Yeshua takes us all home at the appointed time only by His grace and mercy to be forever with Him and His glorious joy beyond words fulfill each of us everyday of our life forever ...

Geneustace
AND WHEN YOU LOOK IT MORE CAREFULLY, THEN YOU CAN SAY AHA...

The point is DO NOT JUDGE ANYBODY SO YOU WILL NOT BE JUDGED, YOUR DUTY IS TO DELIVER THE GOOD NEWS WHETHER IT IS APPROPRIATE OF NOT APPROPRIATE TIME.

IN THIS SENSE I WON'T JUDGE ANYBODY OR ANY WEBSITE, BUT IF YOU WISH TO LOOK AT IT, LOOK AT IT WITH DISCERNMENT, AS NOT ANYBODY IS FREE OF GUILT ... ONLY BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB YESHUA WE ARE ALL SAVED.

HANDS NEVER SAY TO HEARTS THAT THEY ARE WRONG BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM HANDS AND LIKEWISE HEARTS NEVER SAY TO HANDS THAT THEY ARE WRONG BECAUSE LACK OF THINKING AND JUST DOING ALL THE TIME. WE ARE ALL PART OF THE BODY OF YESHUA, WE MUST BE ONE AND NOT JUDGING EACH OTHER BUT REMIND EACH OTHER TO WALK IN THE TRUTH.

May Yeshua takes us all home at the appointed time only by His grace and mercy to be forever with Him and His glorious joy beyond words fulfill each of us everyday of our life forever ...

I agree Geneustace,that blogger is not of God, but anyone setting "specific" dates for the Rapture , time and time again proves to me that something is not right and that I should be somewhat wary of anything THAT person says. I would love to know how you and everyone else feel about specific date setters. I'm not talking about anyone who says "I believe the Rapture COULD happen on a certain day", I'm talking about the people who say " The Rapture WILL HAPPEN on a certain day". In my opinion, those people FAIL THE SPIRIT TEST!

What say you?

YBIC

Randy

I agree Randy - I don't believe ANYONE knows the exact day the rapture will happen. Okay to say it COULD happen on a certain day, okay to be excited about it too, but we all KNOW Jesus told us no man knows the day or hour. He wouldn't have said it if it wasn't truth.

Randy, my lovely brother in Yeshua. I knew how you feel when we miss the rapture dates. I was down last year very much, look what I said to CJ and Scuggers who knew that I was very dissapointed with them when saying 2009 was the rapture date. However, by passing time, I knew now what is wrong with me and not with them. When I look at the rapture dates setting, I hoped too much on those dates as if there is no Yeshua in my life. His Word is enough for me when He said I will always be with You.
The point is that we should not put OUR TRUST in the RAPTURE DATES whoever set it, OUR HOPES IS NOT THE RAPTURE DATES BUT YESHUA HIMSELF. Now I am looking it like this, I must be day after day more intimate with my Lord Yeshua and fight a good fight with my carnal nature EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE. Winning is not one time win but everyday win, everytime win, continuously win and continuously repentance.

When I saw the rapture dates were set by someone or anybody, I will look not only one person but several persons. And then what will we get?
There are then laid before us several possibilities of rapture dates windowing from several days to several months even till 2 years from now. Then I am taking it to my heart and said, there is not definite rapture time but we must be ready anytime BECAUSE THE TIME IS SHORT AND HE WILL COME FOR SURE BECAUSE HE IS FAITHFUL AND ALWAYS BE FAITHFUL.
This last message has been conformed by almost all the Prophets, Preachers, Prayers and even some of us and even I myself got the same message "TIME IS SHORT, BE READY, I WILL COME SOON". Looking at all the facts, YES, we are living in the endtimes, we must be ready anytime.
Since then, when somebody set dates, I just look at it and said, we have to be ready anytime and use that dates as more warnings as I will remind others to stay alert too.
What most people got is the message the coming of Our Lord is at hand and bunch of other information. Based on that, our logical mind accumulates all those information and trying the best guess of what possible conclusion of it. The point is still the same: The Coming of Our Lord Yeshua to take us all home is at hand, very near. Then some try to process all the information which they got it from Holy Spirit which has been scripted/encoded in such a way that wisdom is needed for interpreting that correctly. With our limited capacity we try as much as we could to do that.

I always smile how many interpretations we have made regarding 5,6 7 and Jesus, vision from Charity?
I guess we have already made dozens of that interpretations:
1. From some specific dates relating to Feasts of the LORD last year 2009,
2. Regarding moon, sun and stars allignment or something else.
3. Regarding the earthquakes strength, this is part of my version :)
4. Some others...

While I believe the vision come from Holy Spirit but the interpretations are still sealed like Daniel and his visions. We can try our best guess, and that is part of our subjective interpretation to process that into understandable information.

POINT IS PUT OUR TRUST IN OUR LORD YESHUA AND NOT ANY OTHERS EVEN NOT IN RAPTURE DATES SINCE AS LONG AS WE HAVE INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH YESHUA, WE WILL ALWAYS BE SAVE BECAUSE HE PROMISED "I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU".

May Yeshua takes us all home at the appointed time only by His grace and mercy to be forever with Him and His glorious joy beyond words fulfill each of us everyday of our life.

Hi Shirley, that is how I believe too, I just pray it is soon.

YBIC

Randy

Geneustace
Randy, my lovely brother in Yeshua. I knew how you feel when we miss the rapture dates. I was down last year very much, look what I said to CJ and Scuggers who knew that I was very dissapointed with them when saying 2009 was the rapture date. However, by passing time, I knew now what is wrong with me and not with them. When I look at the rapture dates setting, I hoped too much on those dates as if there is no Yeshua in my life. His Word is enough for me when He said I will always be with You.
The point is that we should not put OUR TRUST in the RAPTURE DATES whoever set it, OUR HOPES IS NOT THE RAPTURE DATES BUT YESHUA HIMSELF. Now I am looking it like this, I must be day after day more intimate with my Lord Yeshua and fight a good fight with my carnal nature EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE. Winning is not one time win but everyday win, everytime win, continuously win and continuously repentance.

When I saw the rapture dates were set by someone or anybody, I will look not only one person but several persons. And then what will we get?
There are then laid before us several possibilities of rapture dates windowing from several days to several months even till 2 years from now. Then I am taking it to my heart and said, there is not definite rapture time but we must be ready anytime BECAUSE THE TIME IS SHORT AND HE WILL COME FOR SURE BECAUSE HE IS FAITHFUL AND ALWAYS BE FAITHFUL.
This last message has been conformed by almost all the Prophets, Preachers, Prayers and even some of us and even I myself got the same message "TIME IS SHORT, BE READY, I WILL COME SOON". Looking at all the facts, YES, we are living in the endtimes, we must be ready anytime.
Since then, when somebody set dates, I just look at it and said, we have to be ready anytime and use that dates as more warnings as I will remind others to stay alert too.
What most people got is the message the coming of Our Lord is at hand and bunch of other information. Based on that, our logical mind accumulates all those information and trying the best guess of what possible conclusion of it. The point is still the same: The Coming of Our Lord Yeshua to take us all home is at hand, very near. Then some try to process all the information which they got it from Holy Spirit which has been scripted/encoded in such a way that wisdom is needed for interpreting that correctly. With our limited capacity we try as much as we could to do that.

I always smile how many interpretations we have made regarding 5,6 7 and Jesus, vision from Charity?
I guess we have already made dozens of that interpretations:
1. From some specific dates relating to Feasts of the LORD last year 2009,
2. Regarding moon, sun and stars allignment or something else.
3. Regarding the earthquakes strength, this is part of my version :)
4. Some others...

While I believe the vision come from Holy Spirit but the interpretations are still sealed like Daniel and his visions. We can try our best guess, and that is part of our subjective interpretation to process that into understandable information.

POINT IS PUT OUR TRUST IN OUR LORD YESHUA AND NOT ANY OTHERS EVEN NOT IN RAPTURE DATES SINCE AS LONG AS WE HAVE INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH YESHUA, WE WILL ALWAYS BE SAVE BECAUSE HE PROMISED "I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU".

May Yeshua takes us all home at the appointed time only by His grace and mercy to be forever with Him and His glorious joy beyond words fulfill each of us everyday of our life.

I absolutely agree with all you said my dear brother,when specific dates are set and they come and go, I do get down also, I guess it's just because I want to be in Heaven so much. I will try to take repeated date setters with a grain of salt from now on. I'm sure most of them mean well. I REALLY hope this most recent April 2nd date is the day......but if not , I will just keep watching....

Thank you my brother for your words of wisdom
YBIC
Randy

I hope we don't think brothers & sisters in Christ with different rapture views are of a different spirit. God help us if we do.

That would certainly grieve the Lord.

Geneustace, thanks for what you have posted. I have never heard of this site until now and this one piece from it that you posted really made my eyes pop:

40,000 Haitians join the baptist cult - false prophets are overjoyed -- LOOK WHAT THEY SAID, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT APPROPRIATE JUDGMENT --

first - baptists are not Christians. Some in the baptist cult may be but that is in spite of their cult, not because of it.

baptists claim all you do is need to "accept Jesus as Savior" and then you are saved no matter what. They do not teach He needs to be the Lord of their lives - because "if you have to obeyHim, that is works and we are "saved by grace" alone". I grew up in the baptist cult and it is filled with (unrepentant) fornicators, adulterers, homosexuals, thieves, psycopaths, etc. They teach you can continue to live in a sinful lifestyle since you are "saved no matter what" and they ignore what the bible REALLY teaches - even messiah Yshua's own words which SHOULD be a wakeup warning to everyone who claims to be a Christian:

THIS GUY THINKS THAT BAPTISTS ARE A CULT? PLEASE! Is he completely nuts? I grew up in the Baptist denomination and they are probably the most biblically grounded of any Christian group you can name. Very Bible based teaching and strong on evangelising. This man will have a lot to answer for when he stands before God for demonizing whole groups of Christians not to mention naming individuals as false prophets who are only posting their opinions. I have posted on 5 Doves too, so like Diane my name is probably on his list although I am not a prophet and never claimed to be. Good night nurse!

Texas Sue
Geneustace, thanks for what you have posted. I have never heard of this site until now and this one piece from it that you posted really made my eyes pop:

THIS GUY THINKS THAT BAPTISTS ARE A CULT? PLEASE! Is he completely nuts? I grew up in the Baptist denomination and they are probably the most biblically grounded of any Christian group you can name. Very Bible based teaching and strong on evangelising. This man will have a lot to answer for when he stands before God for demonizing whole groups of Christians not to mention naming individuals as false prophets who are only posting their opinions. I have posted on 5 Doves too, so like Diane my name is probably on his list although I am not a prophet and never claimed to be. Good night nurse!

Hi Sue, I am in total agreement with ya on this site, it is awful. I was wondering where you stand on individuals predicting exact dates for the Rapture time and time again and those dates come and go. Now I'm talking about exact dates. I think those people fail the spirit test, but that is my opinion.

Love ya Sis
YBIC
Randy

Thank you Randy. We on RITA take for granted way too much that any given dream/vision/prophecy is from God. We live in the DAY OF THE FALSE PROPHET. Every where you turn is another false prophet. I need to always test the spirit of the person bringing the prophecy and the GIVER (whether God or the devil) of the prophecy because even God's people occasionally give a false prophecy because they are influenced by evil spirits. Bless you Randy.

Email: run_coulby@yahoo.com

Coulby
Thank you Randy. We on RITA take for granted way too much that any given dream/vision/prophecy is from God. We live in the DAY OF THE FALSE PROPHET. Every where you turn is another false prophet. I need to always test the spirit of the person bringing the prophecy and the GIVER (whether God or the devil) of the prophecy because even God's people occasionally give a false prophecy because they are influenced by evil spirits. Bless you Randy.

Thanks Coulby, it is not an option, we are commanded to test spirits to see if thy are true or false. If someone says that something WILL happen on an exact day, and that date comes and goes, doesn't that tell us something about that individual? I'm not saying that they are bad or even unsaved, but it sure tells me that person is not hearing very clearly from God, and should probably stop setting dates and just watch every day for Jesus to Rapture us home....Just my opinion

YBIC

Randy

Randy, I feel a little queasy when I see someone name an "exact" day because the Bible says no one will know the day or the hour. I do believe that Jesus expects us to know the season we are in because He scolded the Pharisees because they should have known (from Daniel's prophecy) the season was due for the Messiah and they did not. The Bible also says that we will not be taken unawares or be surprised at His appearing because we are of the day (light) and not like those of the night or in the dark.

We may not know or should not definitively state a day, but we should know by the signs that His coming is near and be looking up in anticipation and expectation. In that state we will not be surprised when He comes. I for one will not be so much surprised as RELIEVED and happy He is finally here for us.

I know that there are some who are prophets who sometimes miss it. They are human and can be influenced by mixing their own ideas or bias into what God may be showing them. I am reluctant to criticize or point a finger at someone who is truly a Christian and operating in the gifts of Holy Spirit. I draw the line when that person's theology is linked back to eastern mysticism, new age, etc. That is over the line and from the wrong side of the spiritual realm. Witches, warlocks, and other false religions can get revelation from the spiritual realm as well but it is obtained by illegal access and not from God.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com