<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why would someone knowingly teach error?

I am disturbed why people in authority,who know that easter is error yet they go on teaching error.

today is sunday and it is the anniversary of the blood covenant Yahushuah made with his followers Yet i wonder if that will even be addressed in most churches.

Re: Why would someone knowingly teach error?

You're right Abbs. It seems that we have become creatures of tradition, whether it's true or not. Also, Jesus rose from the dead on Nisan 17 I believe. That day this year falls on Thursday, April 1st this year, but the churches will celebrate it on Sunday. Sometimes I think many pastors don't really know much about the Jewish calendar, or when the feast dates happen on that calendar.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Abbershay, I perfectly agree with You, we have known that we celebrate Passover and not Easter but still churches celebrate Easter in the name of Yeshua. It is not definitely wrong in term of faith but once we know the truth, why don't we change it to the correct one i.e. Passover. They call it Easter and celebrate it at Easter which around one week different from Passover, but the story told in the sermon is actually Passover :)
Anyway Kids like Easter, because they can have plenty of eggs to search for. My kids are doing that activity this Sunday :)

However for Christmas, since we don't have any specific dates that everyone agree on, using December 25 for me is still fine for this case even some said the true Christmas is around September, some said it on Tabernacles, others on Rosh Hosssanah, others on Sukkoth , no agreement but just around September-October, so because of this use December where everybody agree on is fine.

Did you watch the tube i posted about easter?

didnt know know that the pagan festible is because of a goddess who likes children and to entertain them she turned her bird into a bunny and it layed brightly covered eggs that the children would go hunt for.

the passover sedar the bread if life is hidden representing Yahushuah and the kid that finds it gets a reward prize... but you dont see many christian kids playing this.

Hi Abbershay! I agree with you and I think that some leaders worry more about pleasing men that pleasing God and that is why people are stuck in these positions. It is called compromise!! Also, there has got to be a lot of satanic attack on the leadership in churches too, that may be a big factor!

I don't believe that many of these teachers/pastors etc, really understand the full implications of what they are doing. They have become so badly steeped in tradition that they really cannot see that Easter is pagan and has nothing to do with the Lords resurrection.

Satan is pretty clever, he timed Easter so that it would always fall in proximity to Passover. Easter is timed to fall on the first Sunday following the first full moon that follows the spring equinox, whereas God placed Passover to be on the 14th day of the first month of the year, that first month being the month that follows barley being in aviv. In some years Passover and Easter are almost a month apart. They were a full month apart a couple 2 - 3 some odd years ago. For the most part though, they are close enough together it that becomes easy to celebrate Easter as ressurection day, especially given the prevailing teaching that Jesus was resurrected on a Sunday morning (He may have actually been resurrected late Saturday evening as we recon the days though) . It's really an extremely clever deception.

It is only by maintaining a strong love for the truth that we can avoid be deceived by this master deceiver. If we don't love the truth God himself will send a deceiving spirit. I believe that is is possible to get so caught up in tradition we can loose our love of the truth. Tradition can be extremely enjoyable.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

"10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish ; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved . 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be ****ed who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

As for the rest of the teachers and pastors out there who do know that Easter is pagan. Yet they still continue to teach it as a "Christian holy day". I can only believe they worship another God. Maybe mammon perhaps? Maybe they are trying to serve two Gods? Perhaps they don't want to risk alienating their tithing paying flock and the income and lifestyle that goes with that. Maybe it's so they can be seen to be religious. They tell themselves "So what's a little compromise? After all "Jesus was risen on Sunday morning, wasn't he"? So what's the harm in worshiping on Easter? And the children have so much fun looking for the colored eggs and stuff."

Whatever the reasons it can be extremely difficult to give up that which you have looked forward to and celebrated since you were a child. Even when the truth is shown to us, we will still try to invent reasons as to why it's OK to celebrate it. I think it boils down to a convenience, many really enjoy these celebrations and human nature being what it is, seems to be unable to find the will power to deny the flesh and put aside our desire to celebrate. For many the love of the celebration and world overcomes the Love we should have for our Lord. I'm not excusing this behavior, only trying to explain it.

That's why those of us who do know. We need to become the teachers. We need to be involved in teaching the pastors and other teachers the truth. Above all we need to pray for those who are in positions to influence many others that they will turn to, receive, and ultimately teach the truth.

For the record neither myself nor my wife celebrate Easter, Christmas (Saturnalia), or any of the other pagan holidays. But it is most unfortunate that the rest of our families do.

D. Boyter

I have not studied the origns of easter so I do not know anything but what I've been taught...that this was the day that Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus see's our hearts and how we worship him and love him and honor him on Easter. I do not believe he is angry at us who worship him & honor him on Easter nor for anyday for that manner. Personally I worship him, honor him, and love him the same every day whether it is Easter, Christmas or anyday! That cannot be a bad thing!

This post isnt directed twords the ones who are ignorate of easter but to those who know and still teach error.

My heart breaks about this. To have the most Holy thing ever done traded for a lie really grieves me and to make it worse i feel like i am in the twlight zone since there are so few who even think its a big deal.

Most all the people i love dont give it a second thought about ignoring the bible in favor of a pagan tradition invented to take Yahushuah/ Jesus out of the passover.

I hope that the price of doing this isnt to high .

I almost wish it was posible for someone to convince this is ok.. it would ease and relieve me.

I am not legalist i believe in love and Relationship with Yahushuah , but to agree with this concept sounds to me like throwing out the old testament you why do we need if we cling to pagan dates and ignor God given dates.

Well, Abbershay, if you watched Charles Stanley this morning, his whole sermon was dedicated to the teaching of the power of the blood of Jesus.

But you're right, it is very sad that churches, as a rule, do not teach about that.

Darlene , you have stated well ! Blessings Sister !
He looks on our hearts !
Yes, we honor HIM everyday the same !
IN CHRIST ALL THINGS ARE NEW !
if your heart is toward CHRIST in your motives then you are with HIM in your intentions !
Let our hearts always be FOR and WITH CHRIST CHRIST !

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com