Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Look at this

Act 12:1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.
Act 12:2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
Act 12:3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)

Act 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Notice the romans paid no value to passover or unleavened bread feast but not so for Easter.. they wouldnt kill peter during their pagan festible...

James was killed during unleavened bread this is after the passover unleavened bread is seven days long.

this shows a clear separation in the two...

please let me know your thoughts...

Re: Look at this

Lev 23:4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.
Lev 23:5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.
Lev 23:6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread.

according to the hebrew calendar converter monday march 29th is the 14th of nisan 5770

The bible shows us that there is a difference between Easter and the Resurrection of Jesus the bible gives us the proper date so why follow or attribute paganism with Christianity.

We are called to be mature , once we know the truth how can we keep teaching error?

100% agree with You Abbershay and since I could not change it as they stick to that, therefore I change myself, instead of changing others, I change myself, now I'm attending a Mesianic Church who celebrates all the Feast of the Lord and surely NOT EASTER celebration but Passover celebration as well as unleavened bread and first fruit.
I cannot change others so I change myself and my family.

Are you sure you want your children to be a part of the easter egg hunt?

The Goddess Ostara and the Easter Bunny

Feeling guilty about arriving late one spring, the Goddess Ostara saved the life of a poor bird whose wings had been frozen by the snow. She made him her pet or, as some versions have it, her lover. Filled with compassion for him since he could no longer fly (in some versions, it was because she wished to amuse a group of young children), Ostara turned him into a snow hare and gave him the gift of being able to run with incredible speed so he could protect himself from hunters.

In remembrance of his earlier form as a bird, she also gave him the ability to lay eggs (in all the colors of the rainbow, no less), but only on one day out of each year.

Eventually the hare managed to anger the goddess Ostara, and she cast him into the skies where he would remain as the constellation Lepus (The Hare) forever positioned under the feet of the constellation Orion (the Hunter). He was allowed to return to earth once each year, but only to give away his eggs to the children attending the Ostara festivals that were held each spring. The tradition of the Easter Bunny had begun.

The passover has games for kids , they hide the bread of life and the one who finds it gets a reward.

Thanks for posting Geneu

I really feel alone on this issue and i will not be surprised if i get kicked out of my room for posting it since i stay in a house owned by the church and they are having easter bunny photos for an out reach. And said they dont want to hear any criticism about it.

When I was growing up I hated all the holidays, booze was in all of it.

My best "holiday" was halloween, no booze, just candy and kids.

I tried to let people understand about the holidays, but no one wanted to change, they listened, but not much changed.

When the holidays come about now for me, we make an event of it, in that they are activities, with no booze and sewn into the event is not the reason for the activity, but what the holiday is about.

We usually go biking or skiing or sledding or fishing or dirtbiking, always some activity.

This year my kids still play eggs haunt because they like it and they got a lot of candies. For me, I totally forget about the Easter. However in the Sunday Church the Pastor calls it Easter but the sermon is about the Passover. Something strange, like Yeshua said, difficult to change TRADITION, many consideration even though they give sermon of PASSOVER but they mix it with EASTER, call it as EASTER but in essence it is Passover, Yeshua's Passover.

My Bible doesn't say "Easter" in Acts 12:4. It says "Passover". Haven't checked the other versions but I'd be willing to bet it is only the modern translations that use the word Easter.

Just my two cents!!

Janet

Email: ajguy@centurytel.net

no its the older versions that say easter.my kjv 1611 says easter and it cant be passover as it first mentions the feast of unleavened bread when they killed James.. unleaved bread is after passover so it would be imposible for it to mean after passover instead of the literal pagan easter....the romans were pagans easter ment something to them.

Abbershay-for what it's worth, I agree with you 100%.
I despise the presence of paganism in so much. It's all around us. Many people are blind to it. I'm having problems of my own regarding Rome: the RCC.
This may be my last post.

"pascha" is the word translated as Easter in the KJV. According to Strong's lexicon the word means:

1) the paschal sacrifice (which was accustomed to be offered for the people's deliverance of old from Egypt)

2) the paschal lamb, i.e. the lamb the Israelites were accustomed to slay and eat on the fourteenth day of the month of Nisan (the first month of their year) in memory of the day on which their fathers, preparing to depart from Egypt, were bidden by God to slay and eat a lamb, and to sprinkle their door posts with its blood, that the destroying angel, seeing the blood, might pass over their dwellings; Christ crucified is likened to the slain paschal lamb

3) the paschal supper

4) the paschal feast, the feast of the Passover, extending from the 14th to the 20th day of the month Nisan

We have been distancing ourselves from the word and traditions of 'Easter' though over the past couple of years. Our church calls it 'Resurrection Sunday', but I think we should call it 'First Fruits'. Isn't that the feast that his resurrection fulfilled?

Like someone said above - traditions of men. They get added into the mix just like the Pharisees seeded them into what God required on their holy days.

Most of it happened in the 3rd century when Emperor Constantine of Rome decided that all the empire would be christian. In order to keep down riots they incorporated all the pagan worship into the christian holy days - hence holidays. The name "Easter" comes from the name of the Babylonian goddess "Ishtar" who was a goddess of fertility - represented by the eggs. I didn't know any of this until just the last few years after joining a spirit filled church which is also messianic. Constantine also wanted all association with the Jewish holy days taken out of the church's worship.

Ma that is a good first step but its still Easter not first fruits as the bible tells us .

The bible tells us the proper day.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com