Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question about the Holy Spirit

Often when I am praising and worshiping God my chin starts shaking/trembling like crazy. Sunday at church the praise/worship was so powerful that many people felt the holy spirit as many kept praising even after the music stopped. I told my husband that praise/worship was very powerful and that my chin was really shaking. I asked him if he sensed the holy spirit and he said no. So my question is why do some people have outward signs like hands shaking, chin shaking, or whatever else happens when the holy spirit is present and some do not? My daughter said she often feels like her spirit wants to start running. So what makes some people sensitive to the holy Spirit and some not? Does that make those that are not sensitive to the HS mean they are not filled with the spirit? I'm confused on this.

Re: Question about the Holy Spirit

It obviously isnt the same for everyone. Does your husband ever feel the presence? A big factor is the amount of time you spend in intimacy with God?

Darlene, I really think it's a different experience for different people. It depends on the person.

I really believe that the Lord manifests His Spirit according to the person's temperment and personality. For example, when I feel the strong Presence of the Holy Spirit, I start to weep. It's like I can't stop crying, depending on how long I feel His Spirit upon me. The Lord knows how much crying is a catharsis to me, and that is the way that He choose to manifest His Presence to me personally. The Lord knows how shy and conservative I am, so He wouldn't manifest His Spirit in a way that I would be fearful or self-conscious afterwards, like dancing around or falling out in the Spirit like they do at some churches.

But I think those with more outgoing personalities and aren't afraid of the strong manifestation of His Spirit, then they, most likely, would be able to handle more of the Lord's strong Presence than a person who is more timid. Especially if they asked for more of a stronger manifestation of His Spirit in their lives.

Just MHO.

Lisaleenie
Darlene, I really think it's a different experience for different people. It depends on the person.

I really believe that the Lord manifests His Spirit according to the person's temperment and personality. For example, when I feel the strong Presence of the Holy Spirit, I start to weep. It's like I can't stop crying, depending on how long I feel His Spirit upon me. The Lord knows how much crying is a catharsis to me, and that is the way that He choose to manifest His Presence to me personally. The Lord knows how shy and conservative I am, so He wouldn't manifest His Spirit in a way that I would be fearful or self-conscious afterwards, like dancing around or falling out in the Spirit like they do at some churches.

But I think those with more outgoing personalities and aren't afraid of the strong manifestation of His Spirit, then they, most likely, would be able to handle more of the Lord's strong Presence than a person who is more timid. Especially if they asked for more of a stronger manifestation of His Spirit in their lives.

Just MHO.

WOW, Lisaleenie....your post struck a chord with me. I think that is how He manifests with me too....crying. I've always cried when I think of God, since I was little which made me avoid going to church or thinking about Him for a long time as it was just so emotionally draining. I think what you said also about being shy and conservative is how I am too....I am not a 'public' worshiper...I have a very hard time worshiping in public and prefer it to be just me and Him.

Email: dannamcdaniel@gmail.com

Lisaleenie

For example, when I feel the strong Presence of the Holy Spirit, I start to weep.

Just MHO.

Yeah, When the Holy Spirit hits me in Church, it's through my body, and lots of times tears fill my eyes up as well.. Whoa,,, such a wonderful feeling..

BUT as to the question why... I personally ask Jesus to be hit by the Holy Spirit to uplift me, to know that the Holy Spirit is near..

Without the Holy Spirit moving in my life, I'd feel naked without Jesus.. If you know what I mean..

I want to feel his presence. I'm a man and not ashamed of it.. Nor am I ashamed to shed a few tears.

I think what Jesus went through during Passover week and the Cross.. He did that for me personally.. So I give it personally to honor him and to seek him daily..

We know it's so very near at the door of Jesus' return. I can hardly wait to be flying...

What a wonderful and glorious moment that will be for us, RITAs...

Joseph

I think the crying comes from a humble spirit. That depends on the person. I think the shaking/trembling is the physical response to our spirit quickening to God. I experience a lil' of everything. Lately, just in my own praise and worship time alone i get goosebumps all up and down my arms and legs and quaking in my stomach. The presence of the Lord is so very strong now. I have been hearing the lord in a soft, whispery voice the last few weeks. I asked him why he was whispering and immediantly he said "because I'm so close"...Let that sink in!!.
Just a footnote on today, I have had such an overwhelming sense of his astonishing magnitude and lush love for us it has been quite overwhelming. I truly believe he is very near!
Love to All,
ysiC
Holley

Email: hollmarcat@yahoo.com

Darlene...

Has the Lord ever given you a prayer language other than english? It's often called speaking in an unknown tongue, as what fell upon the disciples when the Holy Ghost hit the upper room???

You can give me an email to contact you or I'll answer you in an open forum. It's up to you. Under your name when you go to post, just put in your email address and it will just say email for me to click onto. Some use it and some don't.

YBIC
Steve

Lisaleenie, Dee, RJ,

I am with you guys

I feel very uncomfortable even raising my hands in worship, I am a very private person. Just me and the Lord.

But, when he hits me with the Holy Spirit, I feel major goose bumps all over and then the tears start to flow.

It feels like he is looking at me and can see every part of me inside and out and within my heart and soul. I can feel this and his love that enters in. Then I just cant help but cry with tears of love.

ybiC / Paul

Thanks for all the responses! I cry also when it the HS is really strong. Crying & chin shaking that is how I know the HS is moving on me/near me/in me. Hubby used to always ask why I was crying I would get so frustrated with him when he would ask. Thankfully I think he gets it now and doesn't ask anymore.

Steve, I often use to wonder if the shaking chin was a sign that the HS wanted to spaek in tongues. I've prayed to be filled with the HS with evidence of speaking in tongues several times. I have never had an unknown tongue just come out of my mouth, but I can do it myself. I do not know if that is what I should be doing as it feels kinda phoney if I'm controlling that. So a bit confused on that. My chin shakes and that is something I do not do in my power, so I believe that is the HS, but to me it seems if the HS wanted to speak in tongues through me it would happen without me making it happen. Right? I've asked people before if my chin shaking was a sign that the HS wanted to speak in tongues or if it was just a manifestation of the HS presence and I have been told it's because of the HS's presence. Opinions???

RJ
When the Holy Spirit hits me in Church, it's through my body, and lots of times tears fill my eyes up as well.. Whoa,,, such a wonderful feeling..
Joseph

That happens to me, too, RJ . .

In church especially after communion, the lights are then turned low, the congregation holds hands and only the Cross brightly shines with reflected beams indescribably beautiful

This experience almost paralyzes me in the most beautiful peace and surrounding, . . . Everything fades, save the cross aglow in Christ's presence .

And then I cry with tears for such Grace and Mercy which cost our God so much to give.

I'm bumping this to make sure Steve W. see's this. I'm anxious to hear what you have to say Steve.

So glad you bumped this up, Darlene. I wanted to respond earlier to what you asked, but I was at work, and I told myself that while I was working I would wait until I got home to post. (And good luck with that!! )

Anyway, you had asked Steve whether he thought that the shaking of your chin meant the HS wanted you to speak in tongues. (I'll just put in my 2 cents until Steve can come up with a better answer! )

All I can say, Darlene, is during the times that I am in heavy worship with the Lord and feel His Presence strong at that time, I feel...how can I describe it?....kind of like a strong urge coming deep inside of me, like a pressure in my throat to come out....the deep desire to start speaking in tongues. I don't speak in tongues very often, but during those times of heavy annointing, I feel a strong urge to do so. When I do, it's a feeling of release, like I'm speaking to the Lord what's in my heart that mere words could not convey.

Like I said earlier, I believe the Lord deals with each of us differently according to our temperments and personality. Maybe with you, that could be Him encouraging you to speak in tongues...hence the shaking chin. Pray about it and if that's true, ask Him to comfirm that to you.

Hi everyone, While my computer is working.I'd like
to share somthing with you.Last sunday at church.The
pastor said,he wanted to ask the HOLY SPIRIT to be a
witness,to what he was going to say.with heads bowd.
In the spirit,I saw the HOLY SPIRIT come in the form
of fire.Spiritual fire all over the stage.When Jim
raised his arms for emfisis.The flames got higher.Arms
down flames down.Thank you HOLY SPIRIT.And thank you
all for all the prayers.
His Face to Shine upon you,
Star

Darlene...

That was thoughtful!!! Thanks for the bump. I had forgotten I needed to look for your response. Sorry!!!I will answer your question, although Lisa did a good job.

When your chin starts quivering, it is exactly what Lisa said, the Holy Spirit is wanting to teach you to pray in other tongues.

Here is what I did, because having too many people around makes me far more self conscientious. I went into a dark room and said... Ok Lord, I'm ready. I started worshipping Him and as things happened, the words just came. The Spirit knows why you're there. You can practice and not feel like you're being phoney that way. It's only you and the Lord. Tell the enemy to take a hike in Jesus Name, and be sure you're ok before Him. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy. It's just you and the one you love.

Tongues are a private situation. In a group if tongues come bursting out, it means that there is going to be an interpretaion and if noone has it, it falls to you. uggg!!!! The reason being is that noone but you is edified when noone understands what's being said.

If this happens in church, just keep the volume down and you'll be ok. Then people know you're just talking to the Lord and it's personal rather than corporate matter. Paul says He spoke in tongues more than them all, but in 1 Cor 13, he gives the guidelines, which I've already given to you.

I have two languages. One sounds like a Slovic language and the other is either American Indian or Oriental of some type. They're given to sfeed your spirit or in this situation give your "New Creation" freedom. It brings liberty.

You'll later find that you can do warfare in the spirit, as well as bless the Holy God we serve. We bypass the mind, but somehow the spirit is edified.

Hope this helps. Blessings...

YBIC
Steve

Thanks, Steve!!

You gave really good advice to Darlene. That's an excellent way to start praying in tongues, just between you and the Lord, Darlene. And be sure to rebuke the enemy first! He just loves to put doubts in our minds!! And don't forget:

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

I have two prayer languages, too. One of them sounds like it's a tongue from India, and the other one (which I speak much less than the Indian one) sounds like Italian.

I hope all of this helps, Darlene!

bttt. Wanted you to know I had posted Darlene.

Steve

Thanks Steve & Lisalennie. I will do what you said and see what the lord does. I'll let ya know.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com