Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees

(THIS IS THE GROUP THAT HOLDS UP SIGNS SAYING GOD HATES FAGS AND WE ARE GLAD YOUR SON DIED ETC HORRIBLE)

Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees
The Associated Press

BALTIMORE - The father of a Marine killed in Iraq and whose funeral was picketed by anti-gay protesters from Kansas was ordered to pay the protesters' appeal costs, his lawyers said Monday.

On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered Snyder to pay $16,510 to Fred Phelps. Phelps is the leader of Topeka's Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006.

The two-page decision supplied by attorneys for Albert Snyder of York, Pa., offered no details on how the court came to its decision.

Attorneys also said Snyder is struggling to come up with fees associated with filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court.

The decision adds "insult to injury," said Sean Summers, one of Snyder's lawyers.

The high court agreed to consider whether the protesters' message is protected by the First Amendment or limited by the competing privacy and religious rights of the mourners.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/03/29/1246609/marines-dad-ordered-to-pay-protesters.html#ixzz0jffHZXpR

Re: Marine's dad ordered to pay protesters' court fees

On Friday, Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit ordered Snyder to pay $16,510 to Fred Phelps. Phelps is the leader of Topeka's Westboro Baptist Church, which conducted protests at Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder's funeral in 2006.

Hi 2HH, If Fred Phelps does not get saved real soon, he may need this $$ to support his crusade post rapture!!

Hope you have a great day!

On a serious note, this group is disgusting and it is not too surprising that a judge would rule in their faver, as this world tends to lift up false religions!

It really shows how perverse this country is becoming.
It sure isn't the USA we grew up in.

http://matthewsnyder.org/help.html is the site to donate toward the legal fees (including this obscene award) of the marine's dad. If all of us send a little (even $5 or $10), it will go a long way. Then forward that link to others in your e-mail address book. This is how we can help, by spreading the word. I sent $10. join me, please.

2 HH You are right, and it is sad that we have to view this going on in the government and the courts, but it appears to be a real decline that has been coming on for many years.

At the same time, the Church has in my opinion, experienced great growth while the govt is going downhill and becoming more corrupt.

It seems that the Lord is making a separation of church and state and it is becoming more obvious with the stuff we are seeing, like the court ruling that you mentioned above.

Will pray for this Marine's family as that has got to be a very painful experience for them to endure and continue to be hurt by this nonsensical ruling.

don, that is a great idea!!

Great idea, Don!! Let's put our money where our heart is. Count me in!

Hugs, Janet

Email: ajguy@centurytel.net

Oops!! I spoke too soon! My husband says that Bill O'Reilly said tonight (March 30) that he personally was going to pay for this man's bills all the way up to the Supreme Court!! I say, God bless him!!

Email: ajguy@centurytel.net

yeah, me too. i want my ten bucks back

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com