<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
When Was Christ Crucified and Resurrected?

Your Bible proves that the murder of Jesus occurred on Wednesday, April 25, in the year a.d. 31—not Friday. It also proves that the resurrection of Jesus occurred at sunset on Saturday evening, April 28, not at sunrise on Sunday.

Let us look closely at what really happened when Jesus was killed.

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?q=6972.5509.122.0

Re: When Was Christ Crucified and Resurrected?

Good article Abe...

I'm glad to see there's other people that understand this..

I didn't know the exact date April 25, but I did know that Wednesday was the only day that this could have happened on by John's account of the "high day"..

Another thought has crept into my mind after reading this date..

Why are we celebrating almost a month ahead of this date..

For the number crunchers, has the 360 day year sifted that much from our years or why has the "Resurrection" date changed..

Joseph

Great explanation and great detective work. That has always nagged at me too... the traditional doesn't make sense.... This does!

Now .... do we really have to wait almost another month?

Yeah, dunno if "April" is the right date or not, he's extrapolating a calendar backwards for people who do not understand the Jewish/God's calendar.

I just think it's important to understand the resurrection took place on the Sabbath.

I am in agreement with You Abe,

because in Jew, after sunset Saturday basically is Sunday but in our calender still Saturday.

I agree with You. Thanks for posting this.

The bible says Nisan april wasnt even invented back then was it? We know he is the passover lamb and the first fruits so that takes out the confusion that was brought in by the pagan roman constantine.

It may be on the web but Jesus rose on Sunday morning when the earthquake happened. No reason to doubt that.

Mat 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.
Mat 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

I have seen more than one study that how Jesus was crucified on Thursday and buried before Thursday evening because of the Friday sabbath(holy day) and resurrected on Sunday morning as Matt 28:2 clearly states.

That makes 3 days Friday, Saturday, & Sunday and three evenings Thursday, Friday & Saturday.

Sunday although not a full 12 hour period is counted as a day by both Jewish Tradition and scriptural reference.

1. The OT data (to show that 'on the third day' = 'after three days')

Gen 42.16: "And he put them all in custody for three days. 18 On the third day, Joseph said to them, "Do this and you will live, for I fear God" and they are released ON that day (from the context of verses 25-26). In this case the 'for three days' meant only 'into the third day'
1 Kings 20.29: "For seven days they camped opposite each other, and on the seventh day the battle was joined. " In this case we have 'for seven days' meant only 'into the seventh day'.

2 Chr 10.5: "And he said to them, 'Return to me again in three days" (NAS) with verse 12: "So Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam on the third day as the king had directed, saying, 'Return to me on the third day." In this case 'in three days' is equivalent to 'on the third day'.

Esther 4.16: "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.'" And then in 5.1: "On the third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the inner court of the palace, in front of the king's hall. " In this case, "on the third day" is equivalent to "for three days, night or day".

1 Samuel 30.12: "He ate and was revived, for he had not eaten any food or drunk any water for three days and three nights. 13 David asked him, "To whom do you belong, and where do you come from?" He said, "I am an Egyptian, the slave of an Amalekite. My master abandoned me when I became ill three days ago. " In this case "for three days and three nights' somehow was fulfilled when his master left him 'three days ago'.

"Thus, the Old Testament gives the picture that the expressions 'three days,' 'the third day,' and 'three days and three nights' are used to signify the same period of time." [NT:CALC:73]

2. The Rabbinical literature also manifests this idiomatic range:
Rabbi Eleazar ben Azariah, tenth in the descent from Ezra was very specific: "A day and a night are an Onah ['a portion of time'] and the portion of an Onah is as the whole of it" [J.Talmud, Shabbath 9.3 and b.Talmud, Pesahim 4a]
This understanding was used in the numerous correlations between Jonah 1.17 ('in the belly of the fish for three days and three nights') and the OT passages cited above [e.g. Mid.Rabbath on Genesis 56 (on 22.4); Genesis 91.7 (on 42.17-18)].

3. There is one NT passage that indicates this Jewish idiom.
Matt 27.63: ""Sir," they said, "we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, `After three days I will rise again.' 64 So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. " Note that 'after three days' was somehow equivalent to 'until the third day' (not 'until the fourth day').

We can agree to disagree, but until we see the Lord, I'd rather believe this scenario, then believing Jesus rose on Saturday, which is not backed up by scripture. Most scholars (including Perry Stone)believe there was an earthquake when He resurrected, not to move the stone which the angel needed no help in doing and the scripture above does not support. This earthquake happened like the earthquake when He died (Mat 27:54)and people were resurrected to proclaim the gospel. The earthquake was Sunday. RESURRECTION SUNDAY....

YBIC
Rich E

Abbershay,

this was a good reference site,

http://doig.net/Biblical_Archaeology.htm

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Rich,

you'll never see me debate over 12 hours!

after my calendar discovery I realize it's just not possible to know certain days and hours.

God bless Bro!

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Jesus was crucified on Passover. Jewish Feast Day.
I believe HE arose on FIRSTFRUITS!!

Email: steffiefree@rogers.com

Can't wait to meet you....Scuggers (Tom)
Hopefully it will be very very soon...

YBIC
Rich

An excellent audio interview concerning this topic...

http://truth2u.podbean.com/2010/04/04/truth2u-joe-kovacs-the-sign-of-jonah-040410/

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com