Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How many of you pray with a "Tallit?"

How many of you pray with a "Tallit?" It is also referred to as a prayer shawl.

I have 2 of these. One is of silk with gold and Israeli blue trim. It is the smaller one. I'm guessing approx. 24" X 48." The other is much larger and made of light wool.

I can't explain it but since I started praying with the Tallit, it just does something for me. I started using it before I understood the details about them and once I dug into it...it all made sense. Some refer to it as a prayer closet...the closet referred to in the Gospels.

When the woman with the issue of blood touched the hem of Yeshua's garment, she was actually taking hold of was one of the wings of the Tallit.

Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings

There seems to be more and more Christians using these on a daily basis. Not of necessity but of desire.

Anybody else with the same experience?

Re: How many of you pray with a "Tallit?"

Hi Mark...

I have one and have used it a few times, but haven't got into the habit of using it. It's easily available, but I don't think of it. What an interesting question.

Bless you brother.

Steve

Interesting. I am now still learning a lot of Jewish as in Old Testament. This Tallit thing is really interesting. I never use it because I don't have one but I plan to have it just for my collection and probably will try to pray using it sometimes.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

They are called tents also seems to me they are like a prayer closet. i have used one that i made but i was reminded today that i need to get another one.

Mark W

I have one...in fact when John Hagee did a
sermon about the prayer shaw, I got His video
and shaw and gave them as gifts for people to
understand how we are grafted in and how much
we owe the Jewish people for the Gospel.

I admit I use to pray with mine alot and got
out of the habit of reaching for it.

Thanks for the reminder !

I have one that I pray with its a new covenant prayer shawl like the one in the picture by itself . I bought one for my daughter for her birthday. I feel the presence of the holy spirit even more when I pray with than without. I also have messuzah on my doorframes.I just love my tallit!!!

Abbershay
They are called tents

That brings ups something else that came to my attention in a book about the Tallit was that the Apostle Paul was a "tent" maker. I always assumed it was referencing something that people traveled and lived in.

Could be that he was making prayer shaws or the Tallit.

Thanks for posting the pics, Knight Michael.

Mark W., I don't have a Tallit but I go to a messianic church and lots of folks there do have them. I do have a Mezzuah on my front door and an Israeli flag on top of my bookcase in the den. I have thought about getting a Tallit though. I have not been purchasing much of anything but groceries and gasoline lately since I have felt we are so close to leaving planet earth.

Texas Sue
I have not been purchasing much of anything but groceries and gasoline lately since I have felt we are so close to leaving planet earth.

I thought about NOT paying my taxes with that in mind....buuutttttt I payed them anyway. It was a nice thought for a second or two.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com