Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Do we, the flock need teachers?

. . Thankfully it's true.

. . "There are other men given to the body of Christ whose only vision is the world of lost people. God has designed it that way.

The teaching shepherd doesn't sit back and criticize the evangelist, nor does the evangelist criticize the teaching shepherd.

If both are operating in a biblical fashion, then they complement each other according to God's design.

God needs men in America, in Canada, in Mexico, and across the sea because that is how He builds His church in any land.

You say, "Well, what category do the missionaries fall into?" They fall into both categories. Some are teaching pastors, some are evangelists.

Then He gives to the church (from the early church right up to today) evangelists and pastor- teachers for evangelism, edification, exhortation, and equipping the church for effective ministry.

These are the gifted people Christ has given to His church.

That is God's design. The exciting thing about this is that some of you are called to this ministry.

People say to me, "When were you called to the ministry?" My mother says, "Oh, when he was five he used to stand on a box in the back yard and preach.

I knew then he was called to the ministry." She may have known, but what else did I know? I was in church four days a week, I heard my dad preach all the time -- that's all I ever knew.

It wasn't until later in my life when I sensed that tremendous call, after I had been to college. Some of you may be at a different point in your life, but God may be reaching out to touch your life to give you to His church as an evangelist or a teaching pastor".

~ ~
John MacArthur

Re: Do we, the flock need teachers?

Well, if you go by the scripture, it says that we need not that any many teach us because of Holy Spirit.

1 John 2:27

'But the anointing which you have received of him stays in you, and you need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it has taught you, you shall abide in him.'

Dearest Donna - I LOVE John MacArthur!!! John tells you how the cow ate the cabbage so to speak! I admire a man that is willing to stand up before his church and tell them the truth about the bible and Jesus! Thank you Donna for posting this! Love you dear pretty sister!!! Your sister in Christ, Ms. Victor

Thanks, Ms Victor (Donna) . . . I have learned much through these gifted teachers . . .

Another great ministry is J. Vernon McGee . . I marvel how the Spirit of the LORD teaches scripture 30 years later after this dear saint went to Heaven.

His ministry wonderfully speaks exaltation to our Lord Jesus around the world . .

Donna - where would I find some sermons from J. Vernon McGee? I would love to hear some of them - I just can't get enough of the word, I'm always hungary to hear more!!

Thank you pretty lady!

Thank you Donna, I bookmarked the site. I will be doing some studying.

Email: ljpoohbunny@insightbb.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com