<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do you guys feel about Churches where the pastors do not share how to ask Jesus into your heart?

I feel like the churches with pastors that are not giving people a chance to ask Jesus into their heart at the end of the service are letting God down.

Because learning theology is good but if Jesus was to come I am afraid these people will be left behind because the Pastors are failing to show their new members how to receive Jesus into their heart.

Because we all know if we do not get saved first all the theology in the world is not going to save us!!!

And I love going to church but I hate seeing new members come and go and not have the chance to ask Jesus into their heart when they leave.

And this happens at the church I go to. And I feel like the pastor is letting God down.

But he beleives if they learn about sin and Jesus then they will repent on their own but if new members are not shown how to. Then how are they going to know what to say.

I was just wondering how you guys feel about this??

It makes me sad how about you??

Because I beleive we should get the person saved first then the holy spirit can start working on them and show them the way.

But they need to be saved first right??

Because that is what I do because of the urgency with Jesus coming we just do not have the time to wait to teach them Jesus could come today or they could die and if I had the chance to save them and I didh't I would feel bad.

I just do not understand how pastors can feel good about not giving these new people a chance to be saved and don't take it.

I know if Jesus was to come and I never gave a new person a chance to know Jesus. And if Jesus was to come I would have to answer to him why I didn't take the chance when I had it.

So that is why when I see a new friend of Shaylees at my house I make sure they have Jesus in their heart before they leave so at least I know they are saved and will be in Gods Kingdom.

Because anyone who accepts Jesus into their heart and beleives Jesus died on the cross and confesses it with their mouth shall be saved. And that is what I beleive. My favorite verse is John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son Jesus and whosoever beleiveth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

And I feel everyone we come into contact with should have that chance given the opportunity to share with them and that is what I try and do.

But right now I feel God would be more happy with me then my own pastor because at least I am making sure they know Jesus before they start to learn about him.

Because remember the theif on the cross he didn't know much about Jesus but all he did was ask Jesus to remember him when he went to Paradise and that is all it took. He didn't even have time to learn about theology.

So I beleive Jesus made it simple and that is why saying the saving prayer and meaning it and beleiving it and confessing it is all it takes.

Do you guys agree with me??? I would really like to know how everyone feels about this. And if we are on the same page about this??

I beleive I am right about this what do you guys beleive???

And I am hoping this discussion will show the lurkers and anyone else wondering this too. That just because you go to church and learn about Jesus does not make you a christian. You have to actually ask him into your heart and ask forgiveness of your sins and have a personal relationship with him and that is the only way to be a real christian (forgiven sinner)!!!

Do you all agree or disagree???

Interested to know your views on this.

Love you all

AngelHeart

Website: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=667676418&ref=profile

Re: How do you guys feel about Churches where the pastors do not share how to ask Jesus into your he

A lot of churches don't have alter calls....I just don't understand it.

Re: How do you guys feel about Churches where the pastors do not share how to ask Jesus into your he

I absolutely agree with you Angelheart. The primary mission of the church is to preach the gospel to the lost, and they should be told how they can repent and trust Jesus as their saviour. I don't understand why some pastors don't make that a priority, except that we are living in the Laodicean church age right now.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

I know I totally agree with you Khog and Ron!!!

Well that is now 5 of us but I don't know what happened to Bonnies and Genestance post.

I wonder where they went .....
Will reiterate my point in summary !
I totally agree with all that you stated AngelHeart !!! Blessings to you Sis , great blessings !!
We go to church to MEET CHRIST AS SAVIOR and to worship Him , The Father , The Son and The Holy Spirit , The TRINITY !!!
An altar call should be foremost in any Christian service !!!
JESUS ...what it is all about !!! Souls for HIM !!!!

Amen Bonnie!!!! I found your posts this site screwed up and posted my message twice

I think Jesus wanted to make sure the message got out more then once

I grew up a Baptist and I have to say, yes, the alter call must be done every service.

I had an older friend that was a Baptist and she went around looking for another church and was absolutely shocked at the lack of an alter call at a lot of churches. Even on Easter Sunday when so many show up, there was no alter call. She went up to the front of the church and found someone to complain to, but it was after the fact.

Just one more sign we are in the Laodician age of the church and it is the last days.

AMEN, Sis !!Yes , indeed !! Great thread here !!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
doesn't it feel so near tonite ????...The Coming of Our Lord !!!
Bless His Most Beautiful Name in all the earth !
He is altogether lovely !!!
We wait eagerly to look upon His Beautiful Face !!!
The Rose of Sharon !!
The Lily of The Valley !
THE SON !!!!

That is 6 now that agree so far nobody disagrees which is good news!!!

I know what you mean Earthangel Easter service would of been such a great opportunity I was so disappointed when my pastor never took the opportunity given to him.

They are good people that go to the church and so is the pastor but he is just not doing the job God gave him the right way and I just don't know how my pastor can think God is happy with him teaching but not showing these poor lost souls the way!!!

I agree with you Angelheart ..... that should be the main priority of any service, to give anyone the chance who might be feeling the need to go up but then they have to leave not having the chance. That would be so sad.

I wonder to myself if possibly the pastor himself isn't feeling the moving of the Holy Spirit himself and maybe his service wasn't worthy enough in his own mind, therefore he doesn't think anyone would come forward. Just my thoughts.....

Not sure Shirley but maybe you guys could pray that my pastor has a change of heart

This is great 7 people agree now!!!

Keep it up people!!!

I was in a denominational church for 40 years that never had this invitation. The first time I heard it was in a Messianic Synagogue and was blown away. I was set free from man controlled religion to Jesus, amen. And yes they do this is every week, at each service.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

I agree, Angelheart!

Especially these days... not many more opportunities to do it, for sure.

We'll all have to account for the times we missed opportunities to share our faith, but the pastors definitely have a heavier responsibility to invite souls into the Kingdom.

Angelheart, I've actually never been to a church that doesn't offer an altar call at the end of the service...with the exception of the Catholic church that I went to as a teenager. But I agree with you...how can a pastor who is supposed to be a shepherd to the sheep not offer an altar call? I can't even begin to speculate why they wouldn't.

Well it looks like everyone who has responded to this post agrees all churches should have altar calls and if they aren't you gotta wonder why

Well that makes it 10 now!!!

Agreed with You Angelheart, there should be altar call at every service. In my little town, it is difficult to find the church which has an altar call at every service but at least they did it not every week though but frequently....

Yes, I have to agree as well, AngelHeart..

People just do not know how to accept Jesus into their heart without telling them and then asking to them to come forth for prayer with them, etc..

Also, a lot of Churches do not explain who the Holy Spirit is and what he does..

The First time he came upon me, I had not ideal what was going on... In my mis-guided understanding, I had thought that satan was tempting me..

Matter of fact, it was the Holy Spirit that tuaght me most of everything that I know..

The 2nd time the Holy Spirit came upon me and spoke, then I knew what was going on and who it was..

Joseph

Hi all,

I am myself preacher and pastor, so I will try to give several reasons on why we preachers omit altar calls. They would come from my own experience within my ministry, in fact when I several years ago started to take prophecies more seriously, the need to make altar calls grew much stronger.

- we preach in human wisdom
- we do not have the message of cross in the centre
- we fear to move by the Holy Spirit in the servise and do not want the "chaos" there
- we fear that newcomers would be offended by early challenge
- we do not take prophecy seriously and thus have "enough" time to leave it for later
- we ourselves may have doubts and incertainity about our own faith
- we are under strees and pressure
- we do not want to be seen as "foolish" and thus we tend to lean too much on expectations of people rather than guidance of HS and scriptures
- there is too much theology in place of living radiant fellowship with Jesus in our lives
- people mostly do not object that there is no altar calls
- we do not have courage to preach hell and thus the call to SAVING faith is kind of obsolate
- we think that if people come to church they all know about Jesus

So probably I would find some more reasons if having time. I myself am years in a church which specializes on altar calls, yet even there it was hard to do altar calls - basic reason see in spiritual pressure from Satan against it. He hates it as it makes the salvation clear and simple (based on grace) and drew people out of his influence and grip.

Let us pray for our pastors and preachers to have courage, faith and wisdom to overcome all above mentioned barriers :)

Maranatha,

Ales

angelheart, i totally agree with you, without an alter call how can people have an opportunity to be saved. My pastor missed the opportunity on Easter also, we had a full house Sunday with so many new faces and he didin't have one. When we have a meetingtonight at church I am going to bring it up cause he may have just so cought in the other stuff in church that morning it may have slipped his attention. I think its important to have one especially when new poeple show up for church. Our church is so small that a new face is easily spotted and its important to give these people an opportunity to meet Jesus.

Thank you Ales. I feel sorry for the pastors in a way after knowing this. Yes we must all pray for God to give courage to the pastors to start doing altar calls!!!

Well I hope your pastor will listen to you BusyBee maybe God will use you to help him have the courage to start doing this.

And that is very sad that your church was packed but the pastor never took the opportunity to get people saved on Ressurection weekend.

It would of been so easy for the pastor because the message was all about Jesus dieing on the cross for us who wouldn't of wanted to get saved!!! Very sad indeed.

That is now 13 come on people I know there is way more people on this site that agree with us where are you???

We need to all stand up for Jesus now more then ever!!!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com