Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What Jesus looks like

My dear friend's 10 year old son, Drew, just had a heart transplant a few months ago. He is not doing well......his body is already rejecting the heart (prayer here, please!), but his mother emailed me and told me that Drew says he sees Jesus in his house often. He said that he'll see Jesus as he walks around the corner and Jesus will either be laughing with joy or just smiling at him. Well, the History Channel did this special where they used computer animation to recreate the face of Jesus from the Shroud of Turin. When Drew saw it, he yelled, "That's Jesus! That's exactly what he looks like!" So, here it is, folks: (and, if anyone has a better video clip of the program, please post it!)

Re: What Jesus looks like

What an inspiring message, Kama . . loved hearing how Jesus is touching/working His miracles among the little ones.

Praise our God and the Holy Spirit gifting children in the Spirit . . bless Drew.

Thank you, Donna, and TN Dove for the beautiful posts/videos. I just can't get enough of looking at His face!

Kama
I just can't get enough of looking at His face!

I agree, Kama . . . what must Heaven be like?

. . . THE LIGHT OF JESUS IS HEAVEN . . He knows exactly our uniquess as members of His Body our response and adoration to Him . .

How much He loves EACH one of us . .. we're about to know soon the fullness of His Majesty and reigning exaltation above, . .

Soon . . in His awesome heavenly eternity!!! Glory to GOD!!!

P.S. Praying with all here for God's Mighty healing over you, sis . .

Thank you, Donna! I thank you soo much for your prayers! They mean so much to me! I've been so weary and I just feel so lifted up instead now! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

The history channel program was awesome. It was amazing to see how they pulled the blood out of the shroud. How they created the imagery. All of the tests that they did to compensate for the draping effect of the cloth.

The only thing I took offense with on that documentary was the mixing in of the gnostic ideas. I don't think they needed to include it. It served to distract rather then to cement the documentary all together.

History channel took the image that they made and made it into a head. Scanned it through a desk scanner to show how the image could have been embedded in the linen ( scientists still don't know how the image was created ). The documentary said that you scraped the very top of the fibers with a razor blade that the image would disappear. They speculated that it was caused by the body changing immediately to light that caused the image.

Anyways, they took this image, scanned it with a home image scanner ( that acts like a ct scanner and sliced this 'head model' with a beam of light ). This converted it into an image that matched the shroud perfectly.

It was a fascinating documentary and one that I would highly recommend - if just to see all the evidence that supports the shroud being genuine.

ybiC,
Jayson

Jayson,

I was not able to see the show. Did it show more of Jesus' face than the video I posted? They made half of his face dark........did they ever lighten it and show the whole thing?

Kama -

You posted a good clip. The entire show is really, really worth watching.

I have to say, I was reluctant. It was on the History Channel, which has made an art of discrediting the Bible and the Church. But I was AMAZED at the show. It was GREAT. Not only did they reveal the face of our Lord, but they did a great job of explaining and validating the Shroud and its history.

Second - I agree with comments above regarding the impact of the blood stains. I wept, and fell into repentance for my betrayal of that man and the price he paid for my redemption.

I will not be surprised when I am greeted in the clouds by that face.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com