Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Prayer Needed

My husband has struggled with an addiction to marijuana on & off for 32 years. He is a born again Christian but says he does great then he gets tempted and then takes 2 steps back. He then beats himself up over it internally. Well the holy spirit always seem to let me know when he's doing it again and I bust him so to speak. He repents, asks me to forgive him, we pray and on & on. I told him that he has not been able to beat this on his own and by just praying about it so maybe he needs some demons cast out of him to finally be free. I told him he should make an appt with our pastor. He said he would. Pray that he gets free from this once & for all!

Re: Prayer Needed

We allllll know that this life down here can feel lame and boring without sin. Smoking Weed is a great feeling but it is OUT OF ORDER. It brings us into that spiritual realm in a sense of cheating or climbing the fence instead of going through the door. It therefore like heavy drinking leads to a downer. Why did God even create weed? Why did He make it so hard? So that we can have choice. Choice is imperative for our eternal sense of bliss. I think your husband needs understanding. Its friday and people are out smoking with no conviction at all. The mere fact you have helped him to acknowledge is amazing. How much greater that you in the pressence of weed arent moved to smoke. You are amazing Darlene. You are his female rock indeed! This is a big deal however. He is not doing this for free but is spending finances on it. Let him add up the cost and see what you all could do with the money instead and that may motivate even more. Let him see how grateful he should be Lord. I know life is "lame" and getting high does feel great. Let him channel this passion toward Darlene and bless their beautiful marriage. Give him fresh anointing. I know you have a "high" anointing that feels like you just smoked weed because I have felt it. Lord Honor his desire to see a pastor Lord Jesus you are King of Kings. I wont pretend like this is going to be easy without your aide. You are an amazing God...help us to see even sinful feelings are creations. You have greater feelings in store for us right now. We repent of all sin both now and future. Use this all for your glory. Bless her husband and your King with visions to occupy his amazing mind. Amen

Darlene, I will be praying for your husband!!

Thank you for the prayers! I am never around it! He has always done it secretly because he knows I would be furious (which I always am when I find out). This results in him lying about it when I confront him...which destroys the trust. I would never allow this to be done in my home!!!!! He doesn't spend money on it it has always been given to him by guys at his work as a "favor" for fixing their cars for him. Anyway, he is leaving that job to a new job next week and hopefully that will be a good fresh start for him to keep away from people that do it. He wants to stop and I know it's satan who keeps pulling him back but like I told him he that is in him is stronger than he that is in the world!!

Darlene,
Praying for you and your husband. Keeping a relationship with your spouse on track while keeping your spiritual relationship with God on track is rarely easy.
We know God does hear and answer our prayers. Agreeing with you for deliverance and a new start for your husband.

Darlene,

I am praying for your husband in the name of Jesus.

Father, you know his problem...I rebuke satan now and his demons and I bind them from Darlene's husband now and I send them to where you send them. I plead the blood of Christ over him and that your angels surround him. Give him the strength through the Holy Spirit to overcome this addiction. JESUS, YOUR WORD SAYS "THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FIOR YOU".

I pray for peace and comfort now for Darlene....thank you Lord for what you are doing. In Jesus name, amen

HIS BLESSINGS...Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

Dear Darlene,
In praying about this.The Lord showed me.Your husband does want to stop.But (TEMPTATION),is realy
strong.The next time he smokes that stuff.The Lord will allow him to get realy sick.And sometimes things
like that need to happen.As the Lord will take us down
as far as we need to go.And PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT.
GLORY TO GOD,
Star

Star please pray for my Mishpocha,i have a Dad,and Aunts and Uncles involved in this,all my Family in RITA,Please Pray,Shalom!

Email: yahwoman2@msn.com

Darlene, I know I have talked to you about this a while back and, I fully understand your pain.

It is weird how pot can destroy people completely like it was going to do with my son, and then others, like another member of my family do it and, its no different to them than smoking a cigarette. But....it is both physically and mentally addictive. And don't let anyone tell you its better than drinking alcohol or, that it is not physically addictive.

Its an addiction. Its legal in parts of the world, its too commonplace in my opinion. But, I hate it too and never want to smell the stuff again.

Now that my son has been off of pot for almost 9 months he is a wonderful human to be around. He does smoke cigarettes and that is the least of the battles. I do pray for your husband to find a way out but, rehab was our only way, and it did work at Michael's age. Its just that your husband has to be willing too, and it is VERY difficult as pot stays in the fatty membrane of the brain for months so....its always being released even when not smoking it. THAT is why pot IS so bad for you. And, the longer you have been smoking it, the more that is stored.

God Bless.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

praying
punky

Email: peacock@ubtanet.com

Dear Lord, you ministered to all who came to you:
Look with compassion upon all who through addiction have lost their health and freedom.
Restore to them the assurance of your unfailing mercy;
remove from them the fears that beset them; strengthen them in the work of their recovery;
and to those who care for them,
give patient understanding and persevering love.
Amen.

I too have witnessed the tragedy of drug & alcohol abuse in my family.

Email: skyjams2002@yahoo.com

Darlene, praying God will do whatever it takes to bring your husband to complete healing. Loving you through this, dear!

Thanks! I love you all! I am so blessed to have you all!!!!!!!

Darlene, one first step in healing is the admission of the sin. So when he confesses this to your pastor, may that be the real beginning of his being set free!

Lord, please honor this step in Darlene's husband opening up about this bondage to his pastor. Lord, please give the pastor insight wisdom knowledge and understanding for the cause behind the actions. Lord give this pastor the right words faith and prayer to set in motion deliverance for Darlene's husband. Show her husband Lord, that all he needs is You. Amen

In praying for.The LORD said,Tell Yeshuas Lady.
I the Lord,JESUS Christ of Nazareth.Will handle
her family.I(theLORD),will cause them to walk away
from this.I the LORD have spoken this.It shall come
to pass.In MY PERFECT TIMING.
I love you MY DAUGHTER,
YEHWEH

Star

Darlene; I smoked that stuff for about forty years...and I am neither kidding nor proud of it. Ask your husband to read my comments....."Brother...you can't get high enough and today is the day to lay it down. You want to get high...get your head clear and your body detoxed and realize that standing in the presence of G-d the Father is going to blow you away. In heaven, where it is always "forever-now", you have to be righteous in Jesus for the privilege of being there. Laugh at it and put it down...the illusion from smoking weed is the illusion that you need to!!"

Email: jensen5200@comcast.net

Star
Dear Darlene,
In praying about this.The Lord showed me.Your husband does want to stop.But (TEMPTATION),is realy
strong.The next time he smokes that stuff.The Lord will allow him to get realy sick.And sometimes things
like that need to happen.As the Lord will take us down
as far as we need to go.And PRAISE THE LORD FOR THAT.
GLORY TO GOD,
Star

Darlene, the reason people have habits that turn into addictions is because they are getting something pleasurable out of it. That's why I smoked cigarettes for nearly 40 years. If you husband doesn't want to quit, that's the reason why. So in order for him to want to quit, he needs a motivation and pleasure stronger than the addiction.

Let me share with you from my own experience what I mean. My mind and heart wanted to quit smoking in order to be pleasing to the Lord and to be a good witness to Him. But my flesh got intense pleasure out of smoking and didn't want to quit. Finally, I got real with the Lord and told Him that I had a conflict between my flesh and my mind and heart. I told the Lord that all I could offer Him at that point was that I was "willing to be made willing" to quit. Well, the Lord met me half-way, put me in the hospital with an infection and they pumped me with IV fluids and antibiotics for 4 days to get rid of the toxins in my body, then the Lord delivered me from the addiction.

That's probably where your husband is at right now...being torn from the pleasure he gets out of the smoking pot, but at the same time, he wants to please you and the Lord by quitting. But at this point the flesh is winning.

In the meantime, until your husband's motivation and will to quit is stronger than the addiction, I will pray that he will get sick to his stomach every times he smokes a joint. If the displeasure of smoking is stronger than the pleasure, then will he would be much more motivated to quit.

I'm putting what Star quoted as a confirmation of what the Lord can and will do in our lives in order to deliver us, and I am living proof of that.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com