<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
John MacArthur explains true gospel: right on!

Re: John MacArthur explains true gospel: right on!

You're post tugs at my heart, lots!!! Thanks Kman . . MacArthur says it like it is, the gospel according to Jesus Christ . . ain't no wishy-washy from this blessed teacher speaking straight forward, rich and faithful teachings the Word of God!!!

John MacArthur is right on..ONE OF THE BEST!!!!I have read several of his books and have listened for many years to many of his tapes over the years...HE SAYS IT AS IT IS!!! He was my mentor for several years as a young Christian and I highly recommend his ministry.

GOD BLESS.....Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

Dearest Kman - I LOVE John MacArthur!!! I love how he stands his ground for our Lord and states the truth no matter what someone else might think - bless his soul!!!

My favorite preacher!!!!!

Thank you!

Email: brandonpalmer@charter.net

John MacArthur is awesome. Now there is a preacher who has no fear of man!

no need for popularity ....no fear of man !
The ONLY WAY TO PREACH CHRIST !!! Good !!!
Glory !!!
Glory to Christ

I agree, he is an excellent preacher!! Have listened to him also for years and think he one of the best!

God bless you all. (It's hard to get enough of it!)

I WISH, WISH, WISH, Larry King would have MacArthur on his program all by himself . . and callers phoning in .

. I don't think Larry King is ready for that much LIGHT . .

Pray for Larry King . . he's 'heard' MacArthur's teachings real-close.

Another teaching MacArthur clarifies wonderfully in this day and age ~~.

I love John MacArthur. God Bless this man for his boldness for the Gospel!

I listen to him every morning at 6:30 on Bott Radio, I am also reading his new book. The Jesus you can't ignore. It is wonderful. If you haven't read it yet, I truly recommend it .

I really didn't know about him until Donna made a recent comment on him. But with what I'm hearing I know he will definitely be a favorite of mine. Thanks so much

Quote from Mary Ann:
"I love John MacArthur. God Bless this man for his boldness for the Gospel!"

Yes!

Donna, I listened to the video of his stance on homosexuality plus another. Not many are bold enough to take this stand as well. I suspect soon it will be against the law: a hate crime. Thanks for posting this.

Billy Graham, Robert Schueller, Larry King--they all need our prayers.

I tell ya, Kolleen you will be verrrrrrrrry blessed . . . . MacArthur knew his calling, and ran with it an early age. He is blessed how he shares what he has learned. His teachings take you right back to Christ's day and culture, yet knows how to teach us to embrace Christ's Love for us today.

God bless MacArthur and His rich knowledge of the Word, Christ's glory and love and grace is honored . .

I picture him mingling with Christ's Apostles alot enjoying continued teaching in Heaven . .

I'm on the same train as you, Mary Ann, I listen to MacArthur every day on KKLA radio here in L.A. Yep, can't get enough

. . His church is about 60 miles from where I live (Grace Community) . . wish he were closer . . .

Well Donna - Where has he been all my....christian....life! I feel like I've just discovered a rare jewel. Thanks so much for bringing him up on an earlier thread also.

His website is gty.org Visit it and you will be blessed. He has a sermon archive that is out of this world. You can read or listen to years of sermons. This man is really sowing the gospel.

His radio show is Grace to You thus the website..gty.org.

Donna, I will think of you tomorrow when I listen. It will be good to know another Rita is listening too.

There were heated opinions on another thread about naming names (there is no reason to give names). "He who is without sin cast the first stone" etc..
The bible in its full context must be considered,
for it has much to say, particularly, defense of the faith:

Yes, oh yes . . Those who feel it necessary to express their 'assessments' of a Christian brethren and his ministry, it must be done in a gracious manner . . it makes all the difference, . .

Quote (Kman)
"I don't have all the answers. I'm always looking for the truth. I mean beyond the obvious. There are core issues I'm confused about. They need to be analyzed one by one. I have a lot of company in my opposing view (for more detail, see my thread "Unity... At What Price). I just posted a new article on this general subject. Its purpose is to only arrive at truth objectively and peacefully."

This has been my attitude all along. I don't like confrontation and I don't desire to pick fights. But yes, I feel the need to make "assessments" and I have a reason for it which I have stated. I desire dialogue and I desire specific correction when it's warranted. The only thing I wish to divide is the Word of Truth, not people.

But here is a typical example of what those of us are up against who "assess"--try to contend for the faith as commanded--and I won't name names:

"Benny Hinn has never done anything to you personally so you dont need to forgive him of anything.
He owes you no apology. Who are you to call the miracles that happen there fake?

I personally am sickened by your nasty remarks and your judging of God's servants.

You better watch that you don't end up worse off than false prophets (whoever they are)"

But where is the meaningful dialogue.

This mirrors the attitude of the man in the video above, who issues a warning to those who oppose, saying he wishes he could find something in the bible that says if you don't like 'em kill 'em.

Edit. Just an afterthought:
When you become docile (like in 'Cool Hand Luke' when Paul Newman said: 'I got my mind right, boss') then you are heaped with praise. When you buck the tide or don't fit the profile you are made to feel unwelcome--the odd man out. If you are a pastor you don't have a big booming church and if you are a poster, folks avoid you like the plague.

quote from Kman
(Edit. Just an afterthought:
When you become docile (like in 'Cool Hand Luke' when Paul Newman said: 'I got my mind right, boss') then you are heaped with praise. When you buck the tide or don't fit the profile you are made to feel unwelcome--the odd man out. If you are a pastor you don't have a big booming church and if you are a poster, folks avoid you like the plague.)

sadly, you hit the nail on the head Kman..

"He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry,

for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men...

but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ—from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love." Ephesians 4:11-16

"Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:5-6

"Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.

Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
"Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things.

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body...." Philippians 3:15-21

"Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. ...

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. " Philippians 2:1-8

"These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication...." Acts 1:14

"For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. ...

"Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you." 2 Corinthians 13:8, 11

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com