Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
COME HOME

Re: COME HOME

Such a beautiful song and a stirring invitation to run to Jesus and COME HOME! This was the theme song for the movie "Trip To Bountiful" that was released several years ago with Geraldine Page as the main character. She played an old lady living with her son and daughter in law (who was very ill-tempered and ugly to her). She so much wanted to go back to her old home place and one day took her social security check, got to the bus station and escaped. Such a sad story. You could just feel her yearning for home, the kind we have now for the home we haven't seen yet. Great movie - marvelous song.

Softly And Tenderly lyrics

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me.
Patient and loving He’s waiting and watching;
Watching for you and for me.
Chorus:
Come home, come home,
Ye who are weary come home;
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling;
Calling, "O sinner, come home!"
Repeat Chorus
Why should we linger when Jesus is pleading,
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we wait, then, and heed not His mercies;
Mercies for you and for me?
Repeat Chorus
O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me.
Though we have sinned He has mercy and pardon;
Pardon for you and for me.

SisterinChrist, praying for God to send you an updated computer with all the bells and whistles. :)

Here you go Texas Sue. Great Movie.

Thank you 2HH, that was very kind of you and I appreciate it. The movie reminds me so much of my grandmother. Geraldine as Mrs. Watts kept saying, "If I could just get my hands in that dirt and plant things I'll be all right". Granny said the same thing when she got to old and ill to work in the yard.

The movie was made in Waxahachie, Texas just about 50 miles from my hometown. Did you notice those gorgeous Texas Bluebonnets in the field they were running through? That's the way it looks right now. April is the prettiest month in Texas because the Bluebonnets bloom everywhere. Good time for Jesus to come for us when everything is the prettiest.

You're welcome Texas Sue. No wonder you love the movie so much. That is funny cause she reminded me of my mother's mom. They don't make them like that anymore. What a generation our grandparents were.

I love Bluebonnets. I love blue flowers and have some here too. A friend in Texas sent me a picture of her dog in Bluebonnets. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were.

Well it would be a beautiful scene for the Lord to come at Springtime with all our beautiful flowers.

Bless you Sis.

2HH and T/Sue - This is one of my all time favorites, I cry every time I hear it - this is my 2nd song I have written down to play at my funeral (which I'm not gonna NEED) I love this song.

I too loved the movie A Trip to Bountiful. It's been quite a few years since I've seen it but it really made an impression on me I remember.

I can't wait for our "Trip to Bountiful"!!!

Shirley, I'm with you, ready to fly away home and I know there will be plenty of Bluebonnets in heaven so I won't have to miss them. Right 2HH?

Oh, and you are so right about not needing that list of funeral music. We plan to cheat the undertaker!

Texas Sue

Oh, and you are so right about not needing that list of funeral music. We plan to cheat the undertaker!

AMEN!!!!

Texas Sue
Such a beautiful song and a stirring invitation to run to Jesus and COME HOME! This was the theme song for the movie "Trip To Bountiful" that was released several years ago with Geraldine Page as the main character. She played an old lady living with her son and daughter in law (who was very ill-tempered and ugly to her). She so much wanted to go back to her old home place and one day took her social security check, got to the bus station and escaped. Such a sad story. You could just feel her yearning for home, the kind we have now for the home we haven't seen yet. Great movie - marvelous song.

Softly And Tenderly lyrics

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me.
Patient and loving He’s waiting and watching;
Watching for you and for me.
Chorus:
Come home, come home,
Ye who are weary come home;
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling;
Calling, "O sinner, come home!"
Repeat Chorus
Why should we linger when Jesus is pleading,
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we wait, then, and heed not His mercies;
Mercies for you and for me?
Repeat Chorus
O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me.
Though we have sinned He has mercy and pardon;
Pardon for you and for me.

SisterinChrist, praying for God to send you an updated computer with all the bells and whistles. :)

TY, dear sister T/Sue, for incuding the lyrics to my favorite hymn.

Jesus, I know, was reading my mind, b/c I wanted to look up that hymn's lyrics on the internet.

This song is a perfect story of my life, re: Jesus never giving up on me, His lost sheep. For throughout the rebellious years of my life, I felt Him lovingly nudging me back into His fold.

I even heard Him talking to me, such as the different perilous events of my life: such as getting thrown from my bucking horse, He told me to curl up into a fetal position & put my hands over my head as He made my horse move away from me.

Another time, I was driving home on the freeway, when my car spun completely around. The Lord must've placed a protective umbrella over our northbound lane, long enough for me to get my car headed in the right direction.

Another time, I accidentally left my keys in the ignition of my car, and locked the door. Jesus placed a pair of guardian angel LAPD Officers at the counter of a favorite Mexican food eatery @ Hollywood & Vine, for me to find. They helped me break back into my car.

Then one evening as I was driving home, angel helped me swerve around a wrecked car. Then as I was at my home street's off-ramp, for which our light had turned green, I heard a voice say to me, "Stay put!!!" I turned to look at the driver of the car next to me, and just then, this motorcyclist ran the red light. Had I not listened to His voice, and pulled out, I would be dead now. For that motorcyclist would crashed right in to my then Ford Pinto car.

In between these times, Franco Zeffirelli's Jesus of Nazareth miniseries aired on TV, for which British actor Robert Powell so brilliantly portrayed Jesus. As I watched, I fell in love with Jesus all over again.

That's why I think He was patiently "Softly and Tenderly Calling me back to Him.

There's more to tell, but I'll stop for now...

Wonderful testimonies SisterInChrist! That is a victory strategy that the Lord gave us in Revelation where He said, "They overcame by the Blood of the Lamb, the word of their TESTIMONY and they loved not their lives unto the death". By sharing and remembering our testimonies of God's grace we gain strength and knock out the power of the enemy. Sharing our testimonies strengthens other Christians too. LOVE IT!

Texas Sue
Wonderful testimonies SisterInChrist! That is a victory strategy that the Lord gave us in Revelation where He said, "They overcame by the Blood of the Lamb, the word of their TESTIMONY and they loved not their lives unto the death". By sharing and remembering our testimonies of God's grace we gain strength and knock out the power of the enemy. Sharing our testimonies strengthens other Christians too. LOVE IT!

Why TY, T/Sue. You're right on, re: all you wrote above. For I realized that my life was totally empty w/out Jesus in my life. It's like that Patti Page (I think that's her name? ) song title implied, "Is This All There Is?" Which was how I felt then.

This Elvis Presley song also says it all, re: how I felt...

Without Him could do nothing
Without Him I'd surely fail
Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

Without Him Would be dying
Without Him I'd be enslaved
Without Him life would be worthless
But with Jesus, thank God I'm saved

Oh Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today
Please don't turn Him away
Oh Jesus, my Jesus
Without Him how lost I would be
Without Him how lost I would be

and this song below by Elvis . . really good !!!

Hey, T/Sue, and those who like rhythm . . this is probably my fav Elvis gospel song . . we're gonna be singing and dancing for the LORD . . how wonderful!

Here's that picture Texas Sue.
This is Daisy's Texan Boyfriend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Donna and 2HH you've made my day! Elvis hymns and gorgeous Texas Bluebonnets all in one place. Awesomely wonderful. Needed that today as the day did not start out well. Looking up now though, especially with Star's word that Jesus is coming QUICKLY.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com