Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rita Website Help Question

Each time I go out of Rita for another site, in a matter of a few seconds time, the Rita webpage expires.

I have to click arrow back numerous times, or go back into Rita thru Favorites as I do initially to get in. It just expires and goes away!

Is this the same for everyone, and if so have you found an easier way to keep it available? Thanks much

Re: Rita Website Help Question

Hi Kolleen, I just minimize my RITA page to go to other sites and it stays there fine. Do you minimize the page or just open a new page over the top of RITA?

I've never had RITA time out on me before

Hey I was gonna ask you - do you live in Colorado? You mentioned on a thread one time about wondering about what time it would be in Colorado when something (I don't remember what) was supposed to happen.

Anyway, I live in Colorado! Maybe we're neighbors! If you want to let me know where you are, you can email me.

Blessings - hope you find your computer answer.

Diane

Email: DiChapman1@aol.com

Have you tried opening a new tab or window rather than exiting out of RITA?

Knight Michael
Have you tried opening a new tab or window rather than exiting out of RITA?

That's what I do, Kolleen, and that seems to work pretty good.

Hey Diane ~ hmmmmmmmm, I wonder why you don't lose your RWPage but I do! As in, if I check back to my inbox for less than 5 min's, Rita expires most all of the time. Then I have to do what I said above.

I have minimized it before, and that does work, it's just REMEMBERING to minimize before leaving. Just wanted to know really why it expires so fast?

Anyway, yes, I'm in Colorado! You must have seen it when I asked Scuggers what would be the Colorado time of the rapture! I know I just saw a post about another newbie guy who is here too - I apologize for not remembering his name.

I'll email you.......

Knight Michael and Leenie ~ Thank you both! I can see I am going to have to be "pro-active" and do these things rather than just mindlessly skipping out and thinking I can skip back in

My main tho't was why does Rita expire so fast - so I just need to keep on top of minimizing and opening a new tab. Oh! That means I have to think

Kolleen- maybe it might have something to do with the cookies settings on your browser? Just guessing - I'm not computer saavy...

Appreciate your reply New Creation! I'm not very computer savvy either, so I will ask my computer friend about your thought

Kolleen- do hope it helps - if not, maybe your friend will have a better solution.

Koleen I can not even understand why it expires?? what do you mean by this? You have rita up and you go check your email and then there is no more RITA?? I think thats because you have gone to your email now ..lol..I am kidding I am not sure if this is what you are saying...I keep a window open too..I have seveal windows or tabs of places I check on all day (if I am home all day) or I will check in the morning and leave it opened until I get home..and nothing expires...

If I have closed everything I will either go through my favorites or go through the history to get back here,,it is sometimes easier to find through my history than my favorites though....

mine poops out because I am on an air card that depends on getting a signal from .. somewhere out there... and when it weakens, I lose my stuff. Can't help ya, but I feel your pain!

nice to see you're joyful again.

ahh thank you KG2.. I have a good relationship with my son and things are good..he was just in here laying on my b ed and I said did you come to tell me something?..lol... he said no and jsut laid there...

Its tough being a single parent sometimes....but thanks to you and everyone here I feel much much better...oh and Jesus too..thank you Jesus....this too shall pass..

Susan, when I've gone out and try to arrow back, a more blank than anything page comes up that says "webpage had expired"

That's what I deal with every time. With anything else I am almost always able to arrow back to where I was, but not with Rita?

So, with what you all are saying, I can see it is just that I have to keep an extra tab open for Rita, and or minimize. My preference is arrowing back which should take me right to it. But instead I always get that expired page. Then I have to hit the arrow key numerous times to get back, and alot of times it doesn't work. So - it will be less frustrating to do the other 2 suggestions. And like I said, it's curious why it expires after just minutes. Thank you!

Well, Kolleen, that's happened to me so many times. After typing a long response, I come across the "website has expired" message. Then I have to start all over again. Or, if I'm super tired, I just give up and go to bed.

If I know that I'm going to have a long post, here's what I do now: I will partially post what I want to say, then click on "post message" before the webpage has a chance to expire. Then I go back to "edit the message" to complete my post.

That works pretty good for me. I'm sure there is a better way, but I haven't found it yet.

Diane C & Kolleen;

Your friend Patrick is also in Colorado.... Where we are one mile higher and one day closer!!!

Email: jensen5200@comcast.net

Koleen this made me laugh... it sounds like less energy to jsut open another tab.... I am pretty sure I can arrow back too without the page disappearing....I can understaqnd your frustration now....ug.... I wonder why it does this......

how long does it take to change a habit? I wonder if we will be gone by then :)

Lisaleenie
Well, Kolleen, that's happened to me so many times. After typing a long response, I come across the "website has expired" message. Then I have to start all over again. Or, if I'm super tired, I just give up and go to bed.

If I know that I'm going to have a long post, here's what I do now: I will partially post what I want to say, then click on "post message" before the webpage has a chance to expire. Then I go back to "edit the message" to complete my post.

That works pretty good for me. I'm sure there is a better way, but I haven't found it yet.

Oh so that explains the pic the other night

I wonder why your computers do this? Maybe it is your browser? I use internet explorer 8. what are yall using?

That's right, Joyful Susan! That's exactly what happened! I try to post fast before I lose what I posted, then I look back at what I posted, then YIKES!! I see my mistakes and try to correct them ASAP, then a SNOOP DOGGIE DOG like you has to catch me!!!

P.S. Are you feeling better today, sis? How are you and your son doing?

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com