Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What is God doing in me?

My husband and I were driving home from the bookstore and we drove past a man holding a sign that said "any help" so we circled back around and gave him all the change we had. As soon as we gave it to the man he said God Bless You and we said the same to him. Then immediatly upon seeing his face I started crying. I was overcome with sadness and still am. He was a clean cut looking man and I keep wondering why he is out there. I don't know his story but I want to rescue him, get him a job, a place to live, food to eat, a car. My husband said that he would go back if I wanted him to and give him more money. I just said I don't know what to do and don't know what why god is making me cry and giving me so much compassion fo rpeople in these situations. This is the 2nd time I've cried when I see people holding signs needing help. I have never been affected like this prior to this past year. I told hubby it's good we don't have alot of people holding Need help signs or I would be crying and giving all the money away.

Re: What is God doing in me?

This is what I think DArleen that God is calling you to stand in the gap for this man... He wants you to interceed for him.... the same thing happens to me when I see people that need help as I am passing by and I pray for them...

Oh and sometimes I help with money too... there is a man at the drug store and my son can not walk past him without giving him money and we have shopped in the store for him and brought his dog some dog food....but you can not stop and help everyone but you can pray for them...if I can not sstop and help I pray God will send someone that can.....

Darlene, bless your heart, dear sis!!!

I want to let you know that the Lord put you on my heart just a little while ago.

And He said something!.....

"Darlene is so pleasing to Me, because she continually asks me to search her heart, to see if there be any wicked way in her. I love it when My children do this!"

He also said,

"She has come such a long way with Me in such a short amount of time, and this is because she is remaining humble before Me and letting Me teach her. Tell her to not get discouraged about her husband, because I am drawing Him in My time."

Also, Darlene, I have had that same kind of thing come over me. Be encouraged, it is definitely from the Holy Spirit! Just keep letting Him have His way with you, even if you look foolish to the world. I really sense His pleasure in you tonight!

Darlene..

I read the posts here and see most of us here are doing the same thing and feeling the same way..

God is awesome..He humbles us and takes care of all His children..

Be blessed!

Email: sbell48907@aol.com

Thank you Susan & Charity! There I go crying again for that word you gave me Charity. I felt like I should have given more money than I did, guilt for not giving him the $10 dollar bill I had. Then I just told hubby that he should go back and give him some of our emergency food. But then I thought he might not even have a pan to cook it in. UGH! Then I thought maybe we should have told him about Jesus. Then hubby reminded me that he said God Bless You to us first so that he was probably a Christian. I feel like I need to know his story. Hubby said the only way we could is to take him to lunch and talk with him maybe if he out there tomorrow. Then the other part of me is scared to get that close to him...he could be a bad guy after all. Oh all these emotions. I guess Susan is right I need to intercede for him. Will you all too, pray for this man?

if you will start praying for him then after a while you will feel a release...

I am in agreement with everything that you are praying for him for.....

I prayed for the man and your right Susan I do feel better. Thanks for letting me know what that sadness was for. I now know to give money when I can but to also pray for the person.

JoyfullSusan,
This vessel agrees totaly with you.
This man was put in her path for a reason.
A few years ago.During a hot summer day.My husband and I were on our home.We saw a man sitting in the shade.He looked so thirsty.
We had ice water in bottles with us.We started to go
past him.and then stopped.And gave him a cold bottle
of water.He said thank you.I won't forget this.
Then some scripture came to mind.
As you have done this to one of my little ones.You
have done this to ME.
Still gives me a witness of shivers.
glory to God,
Star

Star I love your witness shivers :) and your sweet sweet gentle spirit.... I can not wait to see you in person so I can give you a hug.....

darleen... I am so glad that you feel better now....and that helped you...

praise God :)

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com