Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The CRISIS CONTINUES

Headlines and photos of Iceland volcano and Europe's crisis on today's Drudge Report:

CLOUD OVER EU 'FOR WEEK'

Chaos...
New wind pattern: April 22...
Fears of Second Blast From Eyjafjallajökull...
Economy impact to rise sharply if cloud lingers...
Volcano from space: 'Nightmarish face' seen from above...
Ash starts to fall across UK...
EU transport ministers to hold video meeting...
'I saw the earth explode'...
DAY TURNS TO NIGHT...
SCENARIOS...

Re: The CRISIS CONTINUES

Volcanic Ash Relentless As New Tremors Rock Iceland
Reuters ^ | 4-18-2010 | Omar Valdimarsson

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:22:14 AM by blam

Volcanic Ash Relentless As New Tremors Rock Iceland

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:13am
By Omar Valdimarsson

REYKJAVIK, April 18 (Reuters) - Powerful tremors from an Icelandic volcano that has been a menace for thousands of travellers worldwide rocked the countryside on Sunday as eruptions hurled a steady stream of ash into the sky.

Ash from the volcano drifted southeast towards Europe, sparing the capital Reykjavik and other more populated centres but forcing farmers and their livestock indoors as a blanket of ash fell on the surrounding areas.

Iceland's Meterological Office said tremors from the volcano had grown more intense and had increased from a day ago, but that the column of steam and ash rising from the volcano had eased back to 4-5 km (2.5-3 miles) from as high as 11 km when it started erupting earlier this week.

"We are seeing mixed signals. There are some hints that the eruption will be decreasing, and others that show it is not decreasing," Einar Kjartansson, a geophysicist at the Meteorological Office, told Reuters.

One positive sign for people in the area is that there was no immediate threat of further flooding.

The eruption is taking place under Iceland's Eyjafjallajokull glacier, normally a popular hiking ground about 120 km (75 miles) southeast of the capital Reykjavik.

Kjartansson believes the volcano has melted about 10 percent of the glacier, but melting might have slowed in recent hours.

However, that does not mean Europe will see great relief from the plume of ash that is choking the upper atmosphere with tiny particles of glass and pulverised rock, threatening jet engines and airframes.

European flight cancellations hurt Kenyan flower market

Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:30:21 AM ·

The volcano that errupted this week in Iceland has repercussions beyond Europe: African flower exporters, unable to get their shipments to Europe because of massive flight cancellations, are facing millions of euros in losses. Flower exporting countries like Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia are facing a loss of millions of euros if the ash cloud persists and continues to shut down air traffic to and from Europe. According to the Kenya Flower Council , the sector is losing two million dollars a day. “Flowers are spoiling, and also we’ve been forced to incur a lot of expenses to keep the flowers...

Sunday, April 18, 2010 9:12:28 AM

With almost two-thirds of Europe's flights grounded, cancelations and postponements were popping up across the entertainment landscape on Saturday as Icelandic scientists warned that volcanic activity had increased and showed no sign of abating. Organizers of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., tweeted that some acts were forced to pull out of the weekend event. British musicians The Cribs, Bad Lieutenant, Delphic, Talvin Singh and Gary Numan as well as Scottish rockers Frightened Rabbit and Chicago brass group Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, who were on tour in Europe, weren't able to make the lineup.

LA - A volcanic cloud of ash hovering over Europe is causing quite a scene in Hollywood and beyond. The ash spat out by an Icelandic volcano that has left thousands of air travelers stranded is also affecting celebrities, filmmakers, musicians and even pro-wrestlers. With almost two-thirds of Europe's flights grounded, cancelations and postponements were popping up across the entertainment landscape on Saturday as Icelandic scientists warned that volcanic activity had increased and showed no sign of abating.

Just found this on the Prophecy Update site from Bill Koenig's Intl News. The time lines for this Sun Spot cycle and the tribulation seem to line up - coincidence?_____________________________________________________

Iceland volcano affected by major Sunspot Cycle that will occur from 2010 to 2015, which will intensify volcanoes, earthquakes, super storms and disrupt satellites - Bill Koenig

Note from Bill:

We pointed to the impact that Sunspot Cycles and the history of their connection to swarms of volcanic eruptions in our March 26, 2010, "Koenig's Eye View from the White House."

Eric Hadik, an earth cycle expert, wrote that the Sun shifts polarity during each sunspot cycle hellip; with seven to ten volcanoes expected to erupt in the next five years. Moreover, these numbers could increase with an even higher number of sunspots.

I shared articles from Wired Magazine: 'The 2012 apocalypse' and the National Academy of Sciences that stated if the great geomagnetic storm of 1859 occurred during a solar cycle of about the same size predicted for 2013, it could cause $1 to 2 trillion in damages to society's high-tech infrastructure.

We are in the beginning of a major record setting Sunspot Cycle that will increase in intensity periodically up to and into 2015. Eric said the period from 2012 to 2014 may likely be the most intense period of sunspots. These will affect the intensity and frequency of volcanoes, earthquakes, super storms, and damage and disrupt satellites and technologies on earth
If the rapture happens this spring and the trib starts right after, then 2013 (notice the "13") will be the year the AC breaks the covenant and sets himself up in the temple proclaiming himself to be god.

T/Sue, I believe that you hit the nail right on the head. For I was thinking that our God, THE Creator of the universe, is in complete control over what's happening w/these volcanic, earthquakes, etc. - as He's judging the nations for the way they're treating Israel.

It's no wonder I felt those seperation pangs this morning as my dear sweet brother & DSIL drove away...and possibly out of my life forever, once we're all Raptured. What I tearfully felt was that certain great sense of release.

PLEASE COME QUICKLY, DEAR LORD JESUS!!!

Who needs to check international intelligence reports any more? We've got our very own intelligence gatherer who can combine the latest with Bibical prophecy and signs of the times. She's faster than a speeding bullet, can leap skyscraper buildings in a single bound, has armour of special steel, and a newshound's nose for news...she's our very own Texas Sue! A legend in our time.

I'm amazed with all of your finds, sis. You really are on top of this. You're greatly appreciated. Not very many of us have the time to scout out news like you do. Thanks for all you do for us!

This Icelandic saga really is Bibical, isn't it? Those are the angriest looking clouds I've ever seen, and that demon-like face someone found yesterday--ugh. I didn't know Africa was so involved in the floral business. I've learned something new there, too. $2 million dollars a day loss. Unbelievable.

AMEN!

May our gracious Lord continue to bless and use you, TXSue!

I so agree!!! I barely have time to read threads here each day but, must!!!!! to stay focused on reality.

IF I saw these clouds over the US, I know I would be horrified. That is what makes me nervous is... that its not been that bad yet, here, for us. Yes, the flooding was an eye opener but nothing like this!!!!

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

Thank you Victory & SisterInChrist. I am blushing!! That 'nose for news' is a gifting from Holy Spirit. It is a curiosity about what is happening and how it relates to the Bible that I have had for many,many years and can only credit God for giving it to me. It is like a quest.

I have watched prophecy being fulfilled for 45 years and I have never seen things fall into place in such volume and speed as in this last year and specifically the last few months. We are on a fast track to the finish line.

Scott had a very profound statement on one of his thread's about the importance of this volcano and he sure was right. The news about the damage and the changes it has caused keep rolling out like a red carpet that may lead right up to the tribulation.

From Bill Koenig's International News today:

Britain's ASA canceled Israel's tourism ad on April 9,
which was followed by devastation to their tourism and air travel

Issue: The complainant objected that the ad was misleading, because it gave the impression that Qumran was in the state of Israel when in fact it was in the occupied West Bank. She pointed out that the status of the occupied territories and the borders of Israel were the subject of considerable international controversy and that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advised against travel to the Occupied Territories.

Assessment Upheld: The ASA was concerned by ThinkIsrael.coms lack of response and apparent disregard for the Code, which was a breach of CAP Code clause 2.6 (Non-response). We reminded them of their obligations under the Code and told them to respond promptly in future.

We noted the ad promoted a website that made clear that tourists could visit Qumran as part of the itineraries offered. We considered, however, that the image of Qumran, in conjunction with the claim "YOU CAN TRAVEL THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF ISRAEL IN 6 HOURS ..." implied that Qumran was in the state of Israel. We noted Qumran was in the occupied West Bank, not the state of Israel, and considered that the ad was therefore misleading.

The volcanic eruptions spewing ash into Britain's skies intensified yesterday as officials warned that the ominous cloud will hover above the country for at least a week

Sue, when I saw the picture of the volcano with lightning, it made me think of the verse "And there were noises and thunderings (volcanoes erupting) and lightnings..." Rev. 16:18

Whats next????

God is not mocked...that which is sowed shall be reaped!!

Tom

Tom, I know what you mean. When I saw that picture I knew it had to be posted. Lightning on the left, the dark cloud center and fire on the right - what an image of judgment. Sends a shiver or two down the old spine doesn't it.

YES IT DOES! That is a really ominous looking photo - to think it's real I can't imagine seeing something like that in our neck of the woods. That should get people to praying for sure!!!

From Free Republic website:

Coming To America: The Big Volcanic Ash Plume
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Joe Weisenthal

The latest images from the London Met Office, via AshAlerts.com, show the ash cloud extending in the direction of North America. No clue yet on whether it will be disruptive. It's certainly something to watch though

(my comments) When you look at the outline of the ash cloud it looks like a DRAGON shape. T/Sue

T/Sue,
Thank you for update.
And this vessel agrees with you.
May our Lord's Face shine upon you,
Star

Wow these pics are incredible..thank you sue for the time it took to find these and post them...

I wonder who took the pic of the lightening... I bet that was loud!! and scary! and maybe hot too...lol

Thanks Star and Joyful Susan. Did you notice the shape of the ash cloud in the green graphs posted? The ash cloud is the red outline. It looks like a dragon with a long tail and fire from its mouth reaching for the east coast of the United States. Creepy.

Oh ya I meant to comment on the green cloud...the animated one is the creepiest...I thought it looked like a demon (does that surprise you..lol) and its green!!! Look at the animation 2hh posted.. i am surprised at how much it is covering and to be coming from such a small space..

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh you are right that animated one is icky. It keeps changing shape and all of them look devilish. Looks like it may end up over the U.S. too. That is really creepy.

TSue...check your email :)

So Agree ...they cannot treat ISRAEL just anyway they want to !!!!!!!!!bon

British flight ban to end Tuesday...
Heathrow and Gatwick are to re-open tomorrow night

Authorities are expected to confirm plans that will see the
first passengers allowed through the door at 6pm on Tuesday.

Airports north of Teesside and Blackpool will reopen at 7am followed by those in the Midlands at noon.

DRUDGE REPORT HEADLINES TONIGHT - 4/19

IT BLOWS AGAIN: NEW ASH CLOUD HEADING TOWARD EUROPE...
Cloud hits North American coast...
*9 domestic flights in Canada grounded...
40,000 Americans stranded in Britain...
*Chaos leaves many broke...
Mission Impossible: Escape from Europe...
Tractor trailers filled with showers head to JFK Airport...
EU chief declares: Vacationing a human right!
PAPER: Air ban led by 'flawed computer models'...

Netanyahu gives way on Jerusalem

Oh Scuggers, I just want to cry reading this. All I could think was "nnnoooooooooooooooooooo, don't do it!" Everytime anyone gives in to these muslim monsters they get bigger. If we do nothing else, we must pray for the peace of Jerusalem. This is so upsetting.

This makes me so sad for Netanyahu and Israel. I was hoping he would stand up to them. Wonder what's going on behind the scenes to cause him to give in. Will pray for the peace of Jerusalem - but this is very disheartening.

Scuggers, Bibi MUST have an ace up his sleeve, re: the so-called West Bank. B/c I don't believe that he'd cave in that easily, do you?

Tammy

SisterNChrist

Scuggers, Bibi MUST have an ace up his sleeve, re: the so-called West Bank. B/c I don't believe that he'd cave in that easily, do you?

Tammy

This may be why Bibi said what he did about Ramat Shlomo.

US sends Israel smart bombs to match Syrian missiles for Hizballah
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report May 9, 2010, 9:22 PM

Tags: Israeli Air Force US bunker penetrators
US GBU-28 Hard Target Penetrator

The United States recently renewed supplies to the Israeli Air Force of GBU-28 Hard Target Penetrators and GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs, as well as Attack Munitions (LDJAM) for more accurate targeting of bombs, debkafile's military sources report. In Moscow, Israeli president Shimon Peres said to Russian president Dmitry Medvedev Sunday, May 9, that Syria has only one object in arming the Lebanese Hizballah with missiles and that is warmongering.
That same day, US defense sources, normally chary of releasing information about US arms supplies to Israel, reported that Washington had released substantial quantities of smart bombs to different types to Israel, most of them suitable for striking Hizballah fortifications in Lebanon and Hamas tunnels in the Gaza Strip.
They fall into three categories:
1. The 2,268 kilo (5,000 pound), laser-guided Bomb Unit GBU-28 (nicknamed "Deep Throat") Hard Target Penetrator which can burrow 31 meters into earth or 6.2 meters into reinforced concrete. They can penetrate the stronger Hizballah installations or be used on Iranian nuclear weapons or missile installations, if so decided.
2. The Small Diameter 113 kilo GBU for IAF F-15I fighter-bombers, to be followed by the supplies for F-16I planes, which can be used against simpler installations, like the arms-smuggling tunnels dug by Hamas between Egypt and the Gaza Strip and Hizballah's field fortifications.
They are small enough for fighter-bombers to carry in larger numbers, but they have a 5-8 meter margin of error with no more than a 50:50 chance of hitting the target.
3. However, the Laser-Guided Joint Direct Attack Munitions (LJDAM), also on the list of arms supplies to the Israeli Air Force, directs smart bombs more accurately. Developed jointly by Boeing Integrated Defense Systems and Israel's Elbit Systems, LJDAM improves the accuracy of bombs fired from a maximum distance of 28 kilometers in most weathers.
debkafile's Washington sources report that the Obama administration decided to release this data to dispel rumors of a US arms embargo against Israel, especially of items that would enable Israel to attack Iran's nuclear installations. The GBU-28 "Deep Throat" has that capability and is one of those items.

US defense sources declined to comment on the debkafile report of March 28, according to which President Barak Obama halted the delivery of advanced, high-precision bunker-buster Joint Direct Attack Munition-JDAM bombs to Israel on March 28, after Vice President Joe Biden ended his visit to Jerusalem. These bombs were already en route to Israel when they were diverted instead to the US base of Diego Garcia, thereby initiating an arms embargo designed to prevent an Israeli strike against Iran.

I could be sad, but instead I just see prophecies being fulfilled, one right after the other. I feel a little like Mntmollie when she said in another post that she sings "Shake It, Baby, Shake It" when she hears of things going on in the world. I don't want to jump up and down with joy, mind you. I just sometimes say to myself, "God is gonna show us His glory real soon now because of all the prophecies being fulfilled right before my very eyes." And when I think that, I DO want to jump up and down with joy. But I AM saddened by the fact that so many will have to die in disasters as the birth pangs get closer and closer.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com