Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pics of Our Pets

Seems to me pet pictures have been posted in the past, but wanted to share a couple of pics of my pets who are waiting for His Glorious appearing as well!

YeshuasLady - enjoyed so much seeing the pics of your herd!! They are beautiful!

Corgi Mom Maria - Blossom is a wonderful name!

Here are Tiger (tuxedo cat) and Tonka waiting

and here are Tiger and Jasmine - our gray kitty that my daughter brought home from college in Mississippi, also watching.

Romans 8
19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Email: cidp@aol.com

Re: Pics of Our Pets

Smokey...aka The Mao (Chinese for cat, sounds like cow)

Cali

Nanuk

Hey Randy,

Your pictures look familiar to me - ha!

Probably not that long ago that there was a similar thread.

But all the new posters need to share now too!

~P

Hi Peggy....LOL, no Grandchildren, so I got
plenty pet pics : < )

YBIC
Randy

No grandchildren for me either, Randy. The pets do keep me busy!

Peggy,

You have a Welsh Corgi! Sooo cute! I have always wanted one of those..........what is the breed like? I'm trying to convince my husband that we need to get a corgi puppy..........just love them!

Can someone explain to me how to attach photos on here? If this was facebook or my email, I'd have no problem. :-)

Our newest additions, Marble & Mango! They are a soothing balm for our family, after losing our new puppy, Chocolate & our beautiful dog Daisy within one day of each other.

We found these kittens in a plastic garbage bag along the side of the road about three weeks ago. We bottle fed them (with a visine bottle) for the first couple weeks, and now they are on to soft kitten food.

Here's a recent picture--they are growing so fast!

They've taken posession of Arabel's bouncy seat; she doesn't use it much, anyway. Mango is playing with one of Gabriela's miniature babydoll bottles.
(I think they miss "nursing")

Marble wasn't so sure about that bright flash in his eyes, LOL.

Brenda Sue
Can someone explain to me how to attach photos on here? If this was facebook or my email, I'd have no problem. :-)

Hi Brenda Sue,

To post a pic, right-click on the picture, go down to "properties", and copy the address (URL) information provided in the little box that pops up.

Paste the address (URL) info in your message and then type lowercase "img" on each end of the address as follows:

(img)http://i49.tinypic.com/b9fa83.jpg(/img)

Now, REPLACE THE PARENTHESES WITH [BRACKETS], and whallah! The picture should show up on your post.

Ha Charity - easy to guess which one is Marble and which Mango. Cute names! And two lucky kitties!

I remember reading about Chocolate and Daisy. Who are now most assuredly romping on heaven's grass.

~P

Kama, corgis are very loyal, intelligent and single-mided dogs. Incorrigible little beasts at times - but totally cute!

Hi Randy!

You have a family of furry friends - cats and a dog together! Would you tell us about Nanuk? (Sorry, your cats are very good looking, but I understand dogs a bit better).

I'm wondering if Nanuk's breed is related at all to my little furry friend - the Schipperke which looks very similar but is black and usually has the tail docked...
(No, this poster has no knowledge of how to add any photos short of using those photo sharing websites which scare me off with all their legal agreements).

Good to see you posting again too - I trust this means you are feeling better these days?

Peggy:

Just wanted to say your Chihuahua post today is a real testimony to God's sensitivity to even His little creatures!

What a day you have had! So glad everything turned out so well for all concerned and that you have the peace in knowing you did what was right despite the distress you must have been feeling!

Also, thank you for starting this very enjoyable thread to enjoy and share the joy of the pets who make up part of our world.

The photos of your own Tiger, Tonka and Jasmine "watching/waiting" for our Lord really makes me laugh(and everyone tells me that is hard to do!).

But seriously, I bet your little friends there sense how much you love all God's creatures and so they probably wait and watch like that for you whenever you are away. Animals aren't ashamed to let us know they love us...

Hi New Creation , I am feeling better, thanks for asking and for your prayers. As far as Nanuk goes, back in Dec of 2000, my son found him walking in the creek in front of our house, he was no more than a couple months old. We tried for weeks to find his owner, but no one ever claimed him, so almost ten years later he is a big part of our family. We have no idea what breed he is. The vet says he is probably a Pekingese, Pomeranian mix. We called him Nanuk because we thought he could have been fathered by my Brother's American Eskimo dog, that loved cold weather. Not hardly, he is more like Nanuk of the South...LOL.

YBIC

Randy

New Creation,

Thank you for your very encouraging words! I do love the Lord's creatures and marvel at all the perfect finishing touches he has give each one.

Glad that I made you laugh! Don't know if Jasmine and Tiger are actually watching for the Lord or staring down Tonka on the other side of the door!

Last year I felt the Lord telling me that I needed to know how to state my faith and spread the gospel. So I memorized some verses and rehearsed them with my three pets. Something along the lines of:

"Tonka, did you know that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God? And that the wages of sin is death? But, Tonka, good news! If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved!"

I have never before gotten such full attention from my corgi!!!! Even the cats are rapt when I look at them and recite scripture!

Am reading the King James aloud this year. Sit on the patio every afternoon with all three as my audience!

~P

Ok, here's my sweet Shaggy. I finally got some pictures of him scanned into the computer. He was our dog for 15 years, then we finally had to put him down. The cute dog in the santa hat I usually post is my daughter's dog. Shaggy was my dog. I miss him terribly.

Diane Shaggy is adorable... It makes me sad that you no longer have him and I can understand how you must miss him .....

Did you upload your pics onto a website like tinypic to post them here? Do you have to fill out a long appliccation to join? I want to post my babies on here too....

Thank you everyone for sharing your pics.... I love looking at everyone fur children.....

I can not quit looking at shaggy..i want a dog like him ... he looks so lovable...

Charity is Lovesick for Jesus
Our newest additions, Marble & Mango! They are a soothing balm for our family, after losing our new puppy, Chocolate & our beautiful dog Daisy within one day of each other.

We found these kittens in a plastic garbage bag along the side of the road about three weeks ago. We bottle fed them (with a visine bottle) for the first couple weeks, and now they are on to soft kitten food.

Here's a recent picture--they are growing so fast!

They've taken posession of Arabel's bouncy seat; she doesn't use it much, anyway. Mango is playing with one of Gabriela's miniature babydoll bottles.
(I think they miss "nursing")

Marble wasn't so sure about that bright flash in his eyes, LOL.

Charity these kittens are from God!! Arent they so much fun? We used to always find mama cats and of course I would bring them all home and the kittens would run all over the house..I would love to have another cat.. I bet your girls love them.....Thank you Jesus for giving these kittens a home ( I have a feeling Jesus knew He could count on you to take them home and care for them)

Diane that is the most precious face I have ever seen.
AND YOU WILL SEE THAT FACE AGAIN AND HOLD HIM IN YOUR ARMS.

Charity your kitties are precious. Bless you for taking them in. As a kid I was always smuggling little animals in. Thank God my mom was a pretty good sport.

What darling pets everyone has. Thank God we will all be with them in heaven forever.

Here is our precious Daisy. She was an abused show dog who we got when she was 2. She was also sick. We were not told any of this and I couldn't bear to send her back or to pass her off to someone else. This was really hard cause we had just buried our 6 year old of the same breed 2 weeks earlier and I couldn't bear to face more sickness.

But the Lord has blessed and helped me to care for her. She is diabetic now and needs insulin twice a day as well as her meds for the other issue.

But she loves to play, to squeak her toys, watch TV (avidly) and is enjoying her life most of the time. I thank God I am able to do what I do to help her.

We love her very much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2HH, your Daisy is adorable! My SIL also has to give her little guy insulin twice a day. Plus her dog is almost blind and completely deaf - and he's still very young, so she has her hands full.

My sweet Shaggy was just the most precious little guy. My husband got him from the Dumb Friends League for me. He was scheduled to be put down for Kennel Cough the very next morning (back then they didn't really give meds for that stuff as much unless they were going to be adopted). Anyway, we literally rescued him from his death within hours.

I have been trying to find another dog lately, and it just dawned on me when I put these pictures up why I am having such a hard time. I just can't find a dog as cute as my Shaggy, and I just want him back!

Joyful Susan, yes I loaded the pics on Tinypics. They are free to join, just go to Tinypic.com and follow the instructions. It works great!

Blessings. Thanks Peggy for a fun thread!

Isn't this just too cute . . my girlfriend's puppy

I tell ya, we're sure gonna have fun with our furry darlin's skipping with us on Heaven's meadows . . forever!!!

Diane I can sure imagine Shaggy is a tough act to follow. That is one precious little face. I saved his picture even cause he is so darling.

Well you just get to the shelter and find someone "almost" as cute and fill up that big hole he left in your heart.

You'll save their life too. What a win win!

You can take that one with you on the way up.

I am sad for your sisters dog and for her. That is a shame when they are young. Thank God for people willing to care for these special ones.

Donna that looks like Bijon. Just precious!

Peggy here is Blossom, this was taken yesterday. Everyone's pets are beautiful and Charity I'm so glad you got two kittens!

Email: mariacallison@hotmail.com

Maria - Blossom is beautiful and looks so friendly!

Thanks for all of the beautiful pet pictures. Can't wait to see everyone with their four legged friends!

I have box turtles too.... Will see if Tonka or Jasmine will pose with some.

~P

Just snapped this pic of Tonka and me to share. As you can see, Maria, Tonka is built like his namesake - a truck - and needs to go on a corgi diet!

He was not very happy being held (had to bribe him with a cookie)!

[/quote]

That is so funny!!!!! No, corgis are not lap dogs, just worker bees...Ha Ha... Most corgis I run into are much larger than Blossom, that breeder had smaller ones and I chose that. I actually like the fact that they are not lap dogs and are loyal but...not clingy, she lies at my feet yet, knows, what I am going to do each step of the day. We walk for a half hour each morning before I go to work and its sooo peaceful and relaxing. And, we walk when I come home from work, and play ball in the apartment sooo, that is how she can burn off energy.

I grew up as a child around Border Collies with my Aunt. She did obedience and herding with them, and that is how I came to understand the herding group, and corgis are the right size for me!!!!!!

You just have to be an alpha pack leader around them which is no biggie, but, taking in to mind their sensitivity....wow.....just like having a child!!!!!!!

I love how they are clowns and love attention!!!!!!!!!

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

I didn't realize how big Tonka really was until I lifted him. He still jumps for frisbees - try to keep them low so he doesn't hurt his back.

Smart of you to get a smaller sized one - corgette?

I talked to many breeders over the phone, and just got a good feeling with Tonka's mommy. She keeps horses and Tonka's litter was the second one her female, Diamond, had. Actually I bought him sight un-seen!!!! He is really, really cute (not prejudiced at all - ha!), but I probably should have taken some classes on dog obedience to fully control/entertain him - the female I had was smaller and gentler, but she had her moments too.

Have tried a gentle lead, which works great until the UPS truck is in the neighborhood.

Tonka walks in the morning and we play in the afternoon. He was attacked by a dog when he was young - ran 5 blocks home all by himself. Truly it affected his personality for life . Now he doesn't like to walk outside of his familiar surroundings.

Weather has been exceptionally nice here in Houston for frisbee playing lately!

~P

I am sorry to hear Tonka was attacked by a dog!!! The traditional obedience courses which are sooooo boring do not work on corgis. I have found that they need a routine schedule and job to do every day and, if Blossom does not listen to a command I say for whatever reason, all I have to say is BALL. So maybe if you said FRISBEE, he would respond.

I have a leash that sits right behind her ears and that works wonders.

Blossom came from a horse farm too and, there is nothing wrong with Tonka. I would slowly take him to new places like Petsmart ,a dog park, etc.... all they need is positive interaction to forget the past and an hour and a half of exercise each day!!!!!!! Just like a child.

God Bless!!!!!

Oh Maria, Thanks for the encouragement so much! Because of Tonka's size and strength I hesitate to take him to public places - he becomes very nervous. In fact after we snapped the pics today, Tonka jumped down and decided to bark and herd my Mom's dog, sweet Scruffy, around!

Yes, - frisbee does work wonders in all situations! The vet was amazed!!! Don't want to overuse it though. Tonka is so single minded at times that the only way to redirect his attention is to say frisbee- cookie works now too. New neighbors must think the dogs name is Frisbee!

~P

Peggy, It is A OK to say the frisbee word, corgis totally feed off of our feelings and energy and that is what he is reading from you, so, the frisbee word is a release for him to be free and not worry. He was herding your mom's dog because of your feelings,and they are protective. Herding dogs are OCD and highly sensitive so we cannot hide emotions from them which is actually better for us in the long run!!!!!!!

We use at the doggie day care center, soda bottles with pennies in them to make a noise when it gets roudy, that works really well. They just need to know whos the boss!!!!

Just wanted to thank everyone for posting the pictures of their 4 legged friends.

Randy - Smokey the Mao, Cali, and Nanuk
Charity - Marble and Molly
Diane C - Shaggy
2HH - Daisy
Donna - precious pooch of a friend
Corgi Mom Maria - Blossom

Tonka is sending all a corgi cookie cutter to make their favorite treat - (Mom has been too busy lately to make any.)

[/quote]

Maria, just wanted to let you know that Tonka's favorite word "frisbee", worked wonders today on our walk!!!! Saw another walker with 4 dogs and Tonka immediately starts to show great interest in them - guarding me - I say "frisbee" and his attention returns to me and our walk! Wonderful!!!! Thanks for the tip.

~P

Randy-

Thank you for your response, and I am glad that you are feeling better. Keep hanging in there - it shouldn't be too much longer before everything finally takes a turn for the better!

Can't believe there aren't any Schipperke genes in Nanuk! Aside from the color (I understand there can be white ones here in USA), his shape, size seem so similar to my little guy(- I hope no breeder of Schips is going to call me on the carpet for that one). They are even the same age! (mine born in April of 2000). Oh well, I'll have fun looking at Nanuk's picture from time to time and imagining what it would be like if he and my rascal ever met...Would you please give an extra dog treat to Nanuk with my best wishes? Thanks.

Peggy, I am so glad that it worked for you, its hard for these dogs who were bred for something a thousand years ago to just lose that instinct.

New Creation, I bought a Schipperke for my former in laws years ago......back when I lived in Maryland and, she was a wonderful dog for them.

Id love to post my pretty doggies picture but have been unable to...I read Char's post on how to but when I click on properties I dont get an URL for them..
any suggestions?? thx!

ChristinCheryl,

Have you uploaded your pics to tinypic.com?

Then you right click on the picture and a box pops open.

You copy the address given for the url that is in that box and paste it in your message per Charity's instructions.

Good Luck ~P

Peggy, I just love love this thread - all ya'll's pets are soooo adorable - I love every one of them! I have tons of pictures of Maggie & Ollie on our camera but not uploaded to the computer. Just can't seem to get around to it! Maybe we will all be in heaven soon with our pets in person!

Shirley
Peggy, I just love love this thread - all ya'll's pets are soooo adorable - I love every one of them! I have tons of pictures of Maggie & Ollie on our camera but not uploaded to the computer. Just can't seem to get around to it! Maybe we will all be in heaven soon with our pets in person!

Shirley, are Maggie and Ollie West Highland White Terriers? Is that what is pictured on your avatar?

Hoping we see eachother soon with our pets!!!

~P

WHOA! I didn't know the picture would turn out HUGE like that! It's one that I have of Maggie and Ollie, our black cat, but you can't see poor Ollie.

Maggie is a Maltese, she 'll be 3 on May 22nd. We love her so much, and Ollie is 12! He's such a sweet cat. I'll try to find one of just him, that's not so HUGE!

here's another try:

They are precious Shirley and by the looks of it best friends!

My girl "Chloe" is smilin at ya saying "HI"!

Fun "Mag My Pic" website I did for my Chloe , lol

Yeah we get to meet Chloe - and what a sweet smile!!!

Peggy
Yeah we get to meet Chloe - and what a sweet smile!!!

Yes,, God Bless u Peggy..
My girl is always smilin and full of the "Joy of the LORD!! " I tried the tinypics and it worked as u said.. thanks again!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com