Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I hit a chihuahua today

Gloomy day. Left the house early to take my Mom to therapy for her knee replacement. A chihuahua dashes out in front of my car while in the neighborhood, and I feel the impact. Have never hit anything before.

Stop the car. There he is in the middle of the street motionless. Blood coming from his mouth. I pick him up. Take him to the nearest neighbor who meets me at the door and tells me the dog belongs to the house across the street.

I go there. No one answers. Am crying and return to the first house and ask what should I do? (I knew I would have to take him to the vet, but didn't want to - my flesh rebelling against my responsabilities). I tell him, the dog is alive I can feel his heart. He responds, he is, and are you sure she's not home?

I return to the owner's house just as her garage door opens. She tells me not to worry, it will be fine. I doubt that as I heard the bump when he hit. We go into her house. She gets a towel for the dog to take it to the vet. I wash my hands at her sink and leave my name and number.

I begin praying, and begging the Lord to allow this creature to live. I remind myself that not a sparrow falls to the earth without His knowledge, and He also knows the anguish I am feeling and what this family will feel - they have two young boys.

Crying I drive to my Mom's. Take her to therapy, out to lunch, grocery store, and then back home. Pray, pray, pray. Stop at the neighbor's house. No one is there. Have a message on my answering machine at home.

"Hi, Ms.Peggy?, this is Molly your neighbor. Just wanted to let you know that my dog is fine. I took him to the vet, he has no broken bones - just a few abrasions. He is fine and on pain meds. Anyway, it wasn't your fault and wanted you to know that all is well."

Praise God!

Truly the animal looked like he was not going to recover. I had blood on my hands, shoes, and leg.

And the best part is, now I will have a reason to go and talk to the dog's owner who lives at the very end of the street! And will tell her how wonderful our Lord is - perhaps she doesn't know!!! Might as well tell the neighbor across the street too!!!

~P

Email: cidp@aol.com

Re: I hit a chihuahua today

I was afraid to even read this. Thank God for his infinite mercy. God bless you for your kind heart Peggy.

Me, too, 2HH. That is an amazing story, Peggy.

Truly, our Lord cares for even the littlest of His creatures.

for the little Taco Bell pup!

Good for you Peggy, it sounded like a really close call, you did everything so well, Bless you and the doggy,

Email: newskinagain167@yahoo.com

Dear sister Peggy,
What an oppertunity to witness.
Praise the Lord,
Bless you,
Star

TN Dove
for the little Taco Bell pup!

The Taco Bell pup has already gone to be with the Lord and is playing in the fields of heaven.

Thank you Peggy for sharing. I too was afraid that the outcome would be sad. Thankfully, the Lord has mercy on even the smallest of his creatures (even those who run out in the street without looking both ways!! Silly pup!)

That really is a miracle. Think how small that dog is. And he survived! Apparently in-between the front tires. Another miracle is how this neighbor handled this matter on seeing her fur baby in your hands like that and immediately reassures you. Most wouldn't have reacted like that. Indeed these seem to be special neighbors. God brought you into their lives perhaps just for this reason. There's something special about this story. And it's not over yet.

I believe your story begins with the dread we all have of something like this happening and fear of the outcome. Truly our God is miraculous! May He use you to advance His kingdom and save precious souls while developing fellowship in the neighborhood for His purposes--in Jesus' name. Amen

Thank You Jesus that this puppy is ok :) I was afraid to read this also...my dogs are chi's and if one got run over I would have been hysterical.....What a nice neighbor you have for letting you know so you can have peace.....

So glad the doggy is going to be fine! Praise God!

Oh, Peggy, It was so not easy what you just went through . . I'm glad you shared your day with us . . and how wonderful the outcome!!!

Yes, yes,!!! prayers were heard, . . amen, sis God loves even the sparrows ,. .

Bless you, dear sis . . .

No doubt about it in my mind dear Peggy Sue!!! God touched and healed that cute little creature!!!!

I now have my faith enlarged by this testimony!! This is an amazing story to testify with!!!!

You go GIRL!!! God be with you!!!!

Donna you little rascal you!!! That picture is Chee-Wah-Some!!!

Scott, your words are 'paw'sitively 'chi-wha-nderful, too!

Oh what an amazing story sis...you did the absoulute right thing all the way through. I am amazed too on how the owner reponded to this all, wow!

A miracle, and prayers answered too!

YSIC
Brenz

Aye Chihuahua, what a story! I am SO glad it had a happy ending! I probably would have lost it in that situation. I'm not good with that kind of stuff. It sounds like God gave you the strength and presence of mind to do what was needed.

You can bring the little guy a get well gift and get a chance to witness to your neighbor. I think a good ending is going to come from this.

Blessings

ooo yes I think so too Diane...

Thanks to all who wrote and for the encouraging words and picture - too cute, Donna!

I knew Scott would have something pundelicious to say!

After rereading what I wrote and with Victory Chanter's encouragement, I sensed a deeper meaning in the event that I am not fully capable of putting into words - what appears dead is not - the heart is all that matters - grace and mercy - forgiveness.

Just walked down to introduce myself and have a chat with "My", the dog's owner. Her boys had shirts on with a local Christian school logo. I mentioned prayer, the Lord's mercy, His miracle in our chat - no affirmation from her, but that's OK. Offered to pay several times. She said no, as it was her fault and that she had fixed the fence.

The dog is fine she tells me, just cut on the inside of his mouth which caused the bleeding. In fact the dog is so good that she found him "enjoying" his stuffed animals!!!!!

Perhaps will bake them some corgi shaped cookies!

~P

Email: cidp@aol.com

Wow! I didn't hit the dog and I'm sitting here crying. Then the dog lives!! Wow! That's a wonderful story how God is so good.

Peggy
I'm so happy that the little pooch is ok! Your faith in the Lord saved that little pup - that is answered prayer! I still marvel at answered prayer even though we should expect it. Our God is an Awesome God!

Donna - I LOVE your doggie avatar! I have shelties, and one that I lost last year was so close in looks to a collie it was incredible. I have intense love for the herding breed; thanks for sharing your photo.

I also love Corgis! They are so smart...

Well, I suppose I love all breeds of dogs - they are all special in their own way as man's best friend. The Lord was in a playful mood when He created our beloved furry friends.

Ola,
Angela

Email: angela.shaver@earthlink.net

Blessed testimony ! Thank you for sharing !
Bless you , bless the doggie too !!!
God loves you both very much , bb

That definately was an act of God Peggy.

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com