<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Beware Of Volcano Katla!!! Is EYJAFJALLAJOKULL Volcano The End Of The World?

Well it may not be but I found the article at this website by googling "Is eyjafjallajokull the end of the world"-Doug's Darkworld; very interesting indeed!!!

Could someone post that article on this thread??!!

They say that this present volcano is not the big one to really be to concerned with; but if the volcano next to it blows it will be many time greater and will effect the world climate and population!

The scary part is that every time in the past that this present volcano has erupted; the volcano named Katla has erupted along with it!!!

In other words there is a fair to midland chance that this other great behemoth of volcanic destruction could be the next to blow up in this hot spot!!!

If the Katla volcano blows its top then it could have a profound effect on the world climate and the economic stability of the present world!

Looks like we are getting close to Revelation judgment times!!!!

The church has to be gone soon or we will be under the very wrath of God!!!

But we were not destine for that wrath! We are not the target of God's anger and displeasure and His PURE fury!!!!

By the way this next volcano which might blow its top very soon that sits just next to the Iceland volcano blowing its top now is called Katla!!!

This name is from the word Kathrine and it means PURE!!!

As I said it is God's PURE FURY!!!!

Does not the tribulation begin with a time of wrath and darkness and gloominess?!!!!

Re: Beware Of Volcano Katla!!! Is EYJAFJALLAJOKULL Volcano The End Of The World?

I wonder what EYJAFJALLAJOKULL means? Scott did you see that JR posted a thread that said the other volcano is getting ready to blow? WOW

Re: Beware Of Volcano Katla!!! Is EYJAFJALLAJOKULL Volcano The End Of The World?

Check out this article about how Iceland's volcano helped cause the French Revolution....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/15/iceland-volcano-weather-french-revolution

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/iceland/7604207/Volcanic-ash-cloud-British-attempts-to-pronounce-Eyjafjallajokull-causes-hilarity-in-Iceland.html[/quote]

According to this article the Icelandic volcano we can't prounouce or spell means " the island mountain glacier"

Email: cidp@aol.com

Peggy that is such a gorgeous picture of the mountains and smoke in the Iceland volcano area!!!

It looks majestic in nature!!!

Texas Sue I did see JR's post which I thought was very interesting to say the least!

But I still need someone to post that article about this Katla volcano which I have in my post!!!

Very interesting scripture in Joel 2:28-32

28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. 32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

These are the effects of a volcano!! This is not finished, it will probably increase. This is our wake up call!! It is repeated by Peter on the Day of Pentecost! Acts 2:17-21 We are going home! Come Lord Jesus!
--
"And the Spirit and the Bride say, come"

Email: weaman@mac.com

Scott
Texas Sue I did see JR's post which I thought was very interesting to say the least!

But I still need someone to post that article about this Katla volcano which I have in my post!!!

Great, the apocalypse is upon us, and no one can pronounce its name. I mean, Eyjafjallajokull doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue or easily stick to mind. Catchy name or not, this could be the end of life as we know it. Let me restate, there is a small but very very real chance that this volcano could destroy global civilization. I’m not being alarmist, I’m someone with a background in both volcanology and history, and this is the scariest eruption of my life. Yes, the 2012 people might be wrong, the end as we know it may have arrived 2 years early. And God ain’t gonna be rapturing anyone to safety. A few years from now a third of the human race could be dead, and the survivors could be living lives of struggle and hunger and hardship that the world hasn’t seen since the Dark Ages.

So wait, this is just a volcano, right? Wrong. This is not your everyday continental volcano. This is not a volcano is a rift zone. This is a volcano in what is termed a “Large Igneous Province.” See map:

What does that mean? That means that in these regions volcanic eruptions have completely flooded the Earth’s surface with lava, often thousands of feet deep, in eruptions that can last for years, or decades, or longer. Or more simply put, it’s an area of the earth where the Earth’s crust is very thin, and there’s a magma (molten rock) plume underneath it. And for those unfamiliar with Iceland’s location on the globe, it’s in the centre of the second largest LIP on this map, in the upper section of the map just left of the centre line.

The last major eruption in Iceland was the Laki volcano in 1783, one of the greatest eruptions in historic times, and was known as the “Mist hardships” in Iceland. Some 14 cubic kilometres (about 3 1/2 cubic miles) of magma emerged. Most of Iceland’s livestock died, 2/3rds of it’s farmland was destroyed, at least a fifth of the population died. The dust thrown into the air cooled the Earth dramatically, in the winter of 1783-84 the Mississippi froze as far south as New Orleans and there was ice in the Gulf of Mexico. Tens of thousands died of famine and direct poisoning from the ash in Europe, especially England. Ships couldn’t sail because the volcanic induced fog was so thick, the Sun was described as being the colour of blood. In fact the poverty and hardships caused by years of extreme weather was one of the contributing factors to the French Revolution.

So could Eyjafjallajokull do this? Well, no, probably not. The problem is that Eyjafjallajokull is next to a very dangerous volcano named Katla. And Katla is a potential destroyer of worlds. Not that Eyjafjallajokull is chicken scratch, for those who haven’t been following, volcanic dust from Eyjafjallajokull has already shut down air traffic over much of Europe. If volcanic dust gets sucked into a jet engine, it melts, turns into glass, and can shut the engine down. And volcanic dust is invisible to both radar and pilots, making it impossible to avoid. There hasn’t been a crash yet caused by volcanic dust, peeps do tend to avoid flying near active volcanoes, but in 1982 a British jumbo jet suffered the failure of all four engines on a flight to Australia. The pilot was able to restart the engines as the plane fell, but it was later determined that the engines had shut down due to volcanic dust. So despite the massive cost and economic disruption caused by the air travel ban, which may last for months, it’s a wise precaution.

And the reason that the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull is so alarming, is that historically whenever Eyjafjallajokull has erupted, it has almost always been followed by an irruption of Katla. And Katla has been rumbling since 1999. And while Katla hasn’t destroyed civilization in the past, it’s certainly capable of it. Katla was the source of the Vedde Ash about 10,000 years ago, more than 6 to 7 cubic kilometres (1.4 to 1.7 cubic miles) of ash that can be found throughout Scandinavia and in North Atlantic cores. What would happen if Katla erupted like this again? If it pumps enough ash into the atmosphere, global weather will cool and become erratic for years or decades. This means global crop failures. And to put it mildly, the world’s food supply is absolutely dependent on reliable and constant food production, there is virtually no wiggle room in the system. Granted most of the people who died of starvation would be in the third world, because the first world would use their massive military superiority to make sure their populations got fed, but we are still talking war and famine on an almost unprecedented scale.

Almost unprecedented? Yes, once before a volcanic eruption destroyed civilizations the world over. In 535 AD “The Sun became dark, it’s darkness lasted for 18 months.” I’ve written about this before, for over a year the Sun was so dim and diffuse that on a cloudless day at noon, it didn’t cast shadows. Yes, crops failed the world over. Civilizations collapsed the world over. Europe entered a period of history we now call “The Dark Ages.” What are the odds that this is about to happen again? Who knows, I don’t have a crystal ball. It’s certainly a real possibility though, and the world over and especially in Europe, governments are going to be paying close attention to this. Well, maybe not certain corrupt, politicized, decadent, bloated governments; but I digress.

And even as I type, I notice in the news that the disruptions in air travel caused by Eyjafjallajokull are still spreading. This could get really interesting really fast, and not the good kind of interesting. Have a great weekend everyone!

(The above top image is claimed as Fair Use under US copyright law. It is not being used for profit, it is central to illustrating the post, and arguably it is an historically important image. Credit and copyright: Icelandic Coast Guard-Reuters. The second image was produced by the US government and is Public Domain under US copyright law. And just so I can’t be accused of being a complete downer, my next post will cover what people can do to protect themselves and their families should this situation continue to worsen and civilization starts to fail. Talk about providing a public service, nu?)

Email: jbeckloff@gmail.com

Jonathan,

Thanks for the information; this is indeed a very serious situation for the world.

What should we do? Repent, pray, fast, and perhaps we will be spared?

And this is what Habakkuk sings:

A Hymn of Faith

17 Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
19 The LORD God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

Email: cidp@aol.com

In the top RHS of the picture where the light cloud meets the dark there looks to be a face? Almost human, almost like a lion

Love ybiC / Paul

Yes Paul, I see the face you are talking about. The eyes, nose, mouth, forehead and oh my goodness kinky hair. It kinda looks like BO. Noooooooooo

LOL Tom,

I reckon if you look at clouds long enough you will find images in all of them

Cant seem to find my lost car keys though!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone see why this volcano blew its' cork? According to Koenigs Watch .org...have a look. It seems UK said that Qumran isn't part of Israel and told Irael on it's tourism website to cancel the part that says you can travel the whole length of Israel in 6 hours right down to Qumran..of which UK disputes that Qumran is not part of Irael but is under the West BAnk! Then day later off shoots this volcano!! Towards UK!!! Where's John MacTernan? We need his advice.

Email: steffiefree@rogers.com

Here ya go Scott and gang.

Iceland Map...http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/lgcolor/iscolor.htm

http://hubpages.com/hub/Katla-volcano

The information below is from the website hubpages.

"The Katla volcano has earned a reputation for being one of the most dangerous volcanoes in Iceland. Katla is situated to the north of Vík í Mýrdal and to the east of the smaller Eyjafjallajökull glacier. Currently this volcano peak reaches just under 5,000 feet or for people more familiar with metric measurements, Katla stands at 1,512 meters. The volcano is covered by the Mýrdalsjökull glacier.

The katla volcano crater has a diameter of 10 km and the volcano tends to erupt with a 40–80 year cycle."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In the video below MSNBC reporter Chris Jansing pronounces the name of this tongue twister "EYJAFJALLAJOKULL" for us.

Today, it's been 91 years 6 months and 21 days since the Katla eruption on October 12th, 1918. The 1918 eruption lasted for 24 days. Currently this volcano is 21 years overdue...

All eyes on Iceland's Katla...and all prayers for the people in harms way.

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Thank you Joseph. I understand better the concern for flooding. Scott figured out the spelling for us yesterday in his post. It looks evil the way he spelled it.

This map really does help to picture what's going on better.

Sure hope brother Paul finds his car keys. He and Tom can find faces in the volcanic dust clouds but the clouds got to Paul. Ha! That jet stream has arrived there just to heckle him and hide his keys. Oh well, it's another day already--new beginnings should help!

Roo didn't hop off with the keys,did he?

You're welcome Sis

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Thanks Jonathan for posting this fascinating article!!

I like the way it opens up: The Apocallapse is upon us and we can't even pronounce its name!!!! That is funny!!

Proper Pronunciation of this volcanoes name at this link

It's a tongue twister, took me nearly 15 minutes to get it right.

D. Boyter

This earthquake just occurred:

4.8 2010/04/22 05:01:39 20.158 -45.630 10.0 NORTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE

The bad news is that this mid-Atlantic Ridge runs under Iceland where the volcano is erupting. It is a 4.8 which is pretty strong. Not good. Will we hear from Katla soon?

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com