Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
27 CHARACTERISTICS of the AC

The 27 Characteristics of the AntiChrist

Know how to recognize the beast and not be swayed into believing that someone is the AntiChrist who doesn't match the biblical characteristics.

1. He comes from among ten kings in the restored Roman Empire; his authority will have similarities to the ancient Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks [Daniel 7:24; Rev 13:2 / Daniel 7:7]

2. He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]

3. He is different from the other kings [Daniel 7:24]

4. He will rise from obscurity…a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]

5. He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]

6. He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]

7. He will oppress the saints and be successful for 3 ½ years [Daniel 7:25; Rev 13:7]

8. He will try to change the calendar, perhaps to define a new era, related to himself [Daniel 7:25]

9. He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era [Dan 7:25]

10. He will not be succeeded by another earthly ruler, but by Christ [Daniel 7:26-27]

11. He will confirm a covenant with “many”, i.e. the Jewish people [Daniel 9:27]
This covenant will likely involve the establishment of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
[see Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15]

12. He will put an end to Jewish sacrifice and offerings after 3 ½ years and will set up an abomination to God in the Temple [Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15]

13. He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleases”[Daniel 11:36]

14. He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]

15. He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]

16. He will have "no regard for the desire of women": He will either be asexual or homosexual [Dan 11:37] (there has been debate over this one)

17. He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]

18. He will claim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]

19. He will only honor a “god” of the military. His whole focus and attention will be on his military. He will conquer lands and distribute them [Daniel 11:39-44]

20. His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

21. Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]

22. He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave [2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]

23. He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

24. He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]

25. He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

26. His name will be related to the number six hundred and sixty six—but not necessarily in an obvious fashion [Rev 13:17-18].

27. He will be empowered by the devil himself [Rev. 13:2]

Re: 27 CHARACTERISTICS of the AC

I dont believe "no regard for the desire of women" has anything to do pertaining to sexuality. In Jesus'day,many women envied or longed to be like Mary,jesus mother,who was so blessed to have conceived and nurtured the son of God..it was considered such a blessed lot in life. Thus,they referred to it as "the desire of women"...so the ac will have no regard for God. Just my take!

Kolleen, great post! A lot of research went into that, good job!!

Oh Leenie....no no no I just saw it in search of something else, so copied it to post...it was a breeze

But thanks anyway!

Sparrow - yes, I know it'a a debtable issue, so added the note. Thanks

Well, it's a great post! I think it should be made into a sticky. This is definitely one that I would want to refer back to on a regular basis.

Yeah - afew wanted the red flags of deception to be a sticky also, but if I remember correctly, the mods don't want to use any more space on our first page that would then make less room for our posts...so dear Leenie, you can put it favorites - that's what I did

Yes, I remember the Red Flags of Deception, and I wanted it to be a sticky, also. Wasn't that you who posted it? That was on the Choo Thomas book debate.

......yes, I posted it as a new post, but then one member referred to it in the choo thread....

DANIEL 11:39

He divides Israel. A huge hint.

Kolleen
The 27 Characteristics of the AntiChrist

Know how to recognize the beast and not be swayed into believing that someone is the AntiChrist who doesn't match the biblical characteristics.

1. He comes from among ten kings in the restored Roman Empire; his authority will have similarities to the ancient Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks [Daniel 7:24; Rev 13:2 / Daniel 7:7]

2. He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]

3. He is different from the other kings [Daniel 7:24]

4. He will rise from obscurity…a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]

5. He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]

6. He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]

7. He will oppress the saints and be successful for 3 ½ years [Daniel 7:25; Rev 13:7]

8. He will try to change the calendar, perhaps to define a new era, related to himself [Daniel 7:25]

9. He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era [Dan 7:25]

10. He will not be succeeded by another earthly ruler, but by Christ [Daniel 7:26-27]

11. He will confirm a covenant with “many”, i.e. the Jewish people [Daniel 9:27]
This covenant will likely involve the establishment of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
[see Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15]

12. He will put an end to Jewish sacrifice and offerings after 3 ½ years and will set up an abomination to God in the Temple [Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15]

13. He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleases”[Daniel 11:36]

14. He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]

15. He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]

16. He will have "no regard for the desire of women": He will either be asexual or homosexual [Dan 11:37] (there has been debate over this one)

17. He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]

18. He will claim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]

19. He will only honor a “god” of the military. His whole focus and attention will be on his military. He will conquer lands and distribute them [Daniel 11:39-44]

20. His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

21. Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]

22. He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave [2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]

23. He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

24. He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]

25. He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

26. His name will be related to the number six hundred and sixty six—but not necessarily in an obvious fashion [Rev 13:17-18].

27. He will be empowered by the devil himself [Rev. 13:2]

That list, Kolleen, sounds like Barry Soetoro aka BHMO to me. Infact, he IS bisexual...for he has been known to have gay sex w/a few men, including the pastor of that Chicago church he attended for 20+ years.

sparrow
I dont believe "no regard for the desire of women" has anything to do pertaining to sexuality. In Jesus'day,many women envied or longed to be like Mary,jesus mother,who was so blessed to have conceived and nurtured the son of God..it was considered such a blessed lot in life. Thus,they referred to it as "the desire of women"...so the ac will have no regard for God. Just my take!

I think it is more than just that he will have no regard for God. It states that he will exalt himself above every other god. To not have regard means to disrespect. I believe it means he will be dismissive, derisive of the True Messiah, while at the same time exalting himself above or usurping the office of Messiah, exalting himself above any person or object of worship.

Daniel 11:37 (NIV)
He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all.

Instead of them, he will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his fathers he will honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts.

He will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.

Another word for foreign is alien. Something to ponder, eh?

Not that I believe in aliens,,,I believe the whole UFO phenomenon is demonic in origin. Other translations have "strange" god.

Strange (strnj)
adj. strang·er, strang·est
1. Not previously known; unfamiliar.
a. Out of the ordinary; unusual or striking.
b. Differing from the normal.
3. Not of one's own or a particular locality, environment, or kind; exotic.

....e-gad SisterNChrist....where did you get all that news! Factually speaking..........?

Awhile back I saw online an old, hushed news report about someone in O's aquaintence years back who had made claim to a wrong relationship. The news clip was reporting over his murder.

If this was/is his lifestyle, I think America had a right to know before his election!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com