Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Scripture the Lord gave me this morning

2The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep.

3The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

4When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

5But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."
[/quote]

The Lord speaks to us constantly, if we listen, even in our daily routines. Just finished walking both dogs and was amazed how the dogs listened to me and then arriving home the above verse from John 10 came to mind.

Lord, keep our minds clear and open, receptive to every whisper you give us.

The Lord is so good and greatly to be praised.

~P

Email: cidp@aol.com

Re: Scripture the Lord gave me this morning

Peggy . . how dear our Father is to share with us Christ's guiding and leading . . bless you for sharing how the Spirit speaks to us.

. .

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" . . Romans 8:16

"Your words were found, and I did eat them; and your word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by thy Name, Oh, Lord God of hosts" . . Jer. 15:16

"And I will give you one heart; and I will put a new spirit within you. . . " . . Ezek. 11:19

"Whom having not seen, you love; in Whom though now you see Him not; yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory" . . I Peter 1:8

"And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep our hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" . . Phil. 4:7

Precious Donna,

Beautiful, beautiful verses, I am filled with joy just reading them ! Wonderful way to start the day.

~P

Thank you ladies. You've blessed this heart today! ysiC, VC

Can only imagine, huh, Peggy and VC the joy of all us watchers finally in Heaven conversing with one another, the maranathas and smiles only Heaven knows . .

. . above all, being utterly near our LORD JESUS seeing Him smiling with delight over His creation.

Oh, Mighty is our Glorious GOD Who alone has renewed sons and daughters for His Most Wonderful Honor, through the Son, by His given Saving Grace ~~ What a GOD we love and adore . . He's coming for us !!

GOOD THREAD !!!! a blessing most dear !!! bon

Oh my !!! Can't even imagine the joy we will all feel!!

By the way, so glad I finally came out of the lurker closet!

This whole forum and all the people on it have richly blessed me!

~P

My Dear SWEET SISTERS,
This vessel comes in to agreement with you.
Beautifull verses.
Thank you,
Star

3The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

This just caught my attention!! We are the watchmen/gals!!

Hey!! Aren't any GUYS allowed on this thread??

BTW Peggy, love those verses. The thing that struck me most was the wording about the Shepard LEADING his sheep. That is the way it is done in the old countries of the East. Here in the West, sheep are herded and driven from the rear with dogs nipping at their heels. No leadership.

I think our Shepard only LEADS us, never DRIVES us like a herd of cattle going to the market. HE is good....ALL the time. Our wonderful gentle Shepard.

Tom

Melissa

This just caught my attention!! We are the watchmen/gals!!

Melissa, that caught my attention too. Love these verses, but that word never stood out to me before.

Tom
Hey!! Aren't any GUYS allowed on this thread??

BTW Peggy, love those verses. The thing that struck me most was the wording about the Shepard LEADING his sheep. That is the way it is done in the old countries of the East. Here in the West, sheep are herded and driven from the rear with dogs nipping at their heels. No leadership.

I think our Shepard only LEADS us, never DRIVES us like a herd of cattle going to the market. HE is good....ALL the time. Our wonderful gentle Shepard.

Tom

Guys are definitely welcome on this thread!
Have always enjoyed reading your posts, Tom.

Thanks for the insight on the verses.

Left a church where the pastor referred to himself as a "sheepdog". He replaced one who led by example. Quite a change for the congregation.

~P

Peggy, That word has never stood out for me either!! In my version the word is doorkeeper. It seems like it is kind of a picture of what us watchers do. We are interpreting signs and watching for our Shepard. A lot of the sheep, or maybe even most of the sheep are not watching like we are.

When I read it the second time, that sentence just jumped out at me and really stood out as maybe a picture of what we are doing?!

Melissa
Peggy, That word has never stood out for me either!! In my version the word is doorkeeper. It seems like it is kind of a picture of what us watchers do. We are interpreting signs and watching for our Shepard. A lot of the sheep, or maybe even most of the sheep are not watching like we are.

When I read it the second time, that sentence just jumped out at me and really stood out as maybe a picture of what we are doing?!

That is exactly what I thought, Melissa!!!

Peggy, That is neat!! God is so good to us!!

Peggy my dear Sis,

I just love the stories of the shepard and the sheep.
They paint a beautiful picture of leading, and of love and care.

I grew up with sheep as a child, and know how they run from strangers, and how they stay still around the ones they know.

Love ya Sis
ybiC / Paul

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com