Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question about prohetic words to Star and others

I love this site and everyone here because of God's love.
I do not understand much about prohetic words outside the Bible.
Here's my question: I wonder if Star would write her testimony and how the Lord is speaking to her.
I would like to know more to better understand
how the Lord is using Star and others to share their
words.
Thank you. God bless you all.

Email: vickijones4@verizon.net

Re: Question about prohetic words to Star and others

Vicki, I will tell you what I think and what I know about prophetic words. In the Old Testament days when God had information to convey to people He allowed His Spirit to come up ON certain ones. This is also how the Torah and the other books of the Bible were written as the Apostle Paul tells us "by inspiration of the Holy Spirit of God".

Only at Pentecost and after has Holy Spirit come to dwell inside of men and women who commit their lives to God by receiving the free gift of salvation through faith. This is what makes the 'church' unique in all of history. Now every born-again believer has access to God's Spirit and is able to hear Him speak clearly. Some listen, some don't. Does that make everyone of us a prophet? No, but Paul says we can ALL prophesy.

God has given me words for myself and for others. Am I a prophet? No, but when I am willing to listen and be obedient God can work through me to encourage, lift up, and give direction to others. I know the difference between my own ideas and thoughts and a true word of God. Everything He has told me for others has come to pass. That is due to His faithfulness not any talent on my part. I haven't given that many words though. It is only now and then and for a specific purpose. Not an every day thing.

In regard to Star, I asked the Lord about the first words that she gave several weeks ago. God gives us the gift of discernment and from what I could discern it seemed like a true word but I asked God about her anyway. He told me that she is an obedient, humble daughter and a faithful witness for Him when He gives her a word to share. He loves her very, very much. If you have any concerns about what any of us share on here as "from the Lord" ask the Holy Spirit yourself. You will be able to hear Him clearly and He will gladly answer you just as James said in his book. We can ask wisdom from God and He will not upbraid or chastise us and will answer.

Thanks Texas Sue for such a wonderful explanation. I read a lot here but dont post too much. I love the way everyone here interacts to help others understand things. You all make it so easy to ask questions w/o feeling uneasy.

Email: thuskins@bellsouth.net

Thank you Teresa. Yes, that is what I love about the RITA site. If I don't know something I can ask and there will be someone who can help and not make fun of me for not knowing. There is so much love for each other here and isn't that wonderful.

Prophesy in our times is something I had a lot of questions about as recently as ten years ago. Then God moved me into a church that taught on this subject very clearly and also all the other gifts of the Holy Spirit. These gifts are often overlooked or said to have been only for the first century in many churches.

That is really sad because the world needs to see the power of God demonstrated so they know that He loves them and wants them well, happy and whole. It is also thrilling to know how much God loves us and wants to talk to us even more than we want to talk to Him.

What a great response, Texas Sue. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

I'll share a bit of my experience. I've been listening to His voice since I was a child.
I used to have a special place in the house where I went to write in my prayer journal and talk with him every day.

Nowadays (as a mother of three wee ones), I don't have the luxury of going off to a secluded place for long periods of time. Yet (PRAISE HIM), He knows that it's not always possible for me to wait in silence to hear Him speak. So long as I keep my heart clean thru repentance, and remain open to whatever He wants to say, I can hear Him speak to me often.

At times my spirit will well up with a certain awareness, and I know He wants to speak to me. So I quiet myself before Him (regardless of what's going on around me); I tell Him that I believe His Spirit is with me and that I trust Him to speak truth to me. If there's time (if I haven't already received the message), I pray that no deceptive spirits or my own thoughts will be allowed to interfere. I bind the enemy in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then a word or phrase will come into my mind...it bubbles up from somewhere inside. It doesn't come from my normal thought-processes, but rather from my "heart". Sometimes I will actually hear Him speak the words inside my head. Often this will come along with a Bible verse quotation or a reference for me to look up later.

Then the whole message seems to come very quickly, and I get a sudden "understanding" or "knowledge" of what He's saying...in the blink of an eye.
I usually grab my journal and ask Him to give me the right words/details to record.

And that's pretty much it. I've found that He will keep bringing it to mind and "nagging" me about it if He wants me to share the message &/or verses with others... or, if I need to meditate on it more and apply it better to my life.

I also want to mention that if I come to Him with a question, I need only to apply FAITH that He will answer, and I always receive an answer. Granted, sometimes that answer is "I'm not telling"-LOL. But at least then I know He's not going to tell me, or not yet anyway. BUT when my faith is weak, I have a very difficult time hearing Him. So if you are wanting to hear God better, ask Him to grow your faith.

Last month He told me He was in the process of enlarging my heart, that I might have a greater capacity to LOVE and have FAITH. Since that time, I have been receiving more revelations from Him, as well as having greater love for people. I have also been assaulted by the enemy a lot this month. So BEWARE of the enemies schemes. Along with more revelation often comes more attacks. Remain strong in the Lord. Put on the armor of God everyday, and let the joy of the Lord be your strength.

God bless~
Char

Hi Vicki...

Hearing the voice of God, I have found, requires a desire to be closer to Him. When I'm struggling with things of the world and things don't change, I find I tend to close the Lord out from speaking. The Holy Spirit is very much like a lady. Very sensitive. He is easily hurt. He wants to share, but He likes for you to have time and also desiring to hear. He shares things for others. He'll share things for you to grow or for instruction or guidance or just wanting to share with you. He tends to like it when you are sensitive to Him, because He doesn't like to shout. Even though I've given Him permission to shout, he prefers a still small voice that will be accompanied with peace and/or desire to do what He is asking.

For some reason, women tend to be more sensitive to hearing from the Lord, yet in the Old Testament, it was nearly all men.

I was studying for a test one evening and all of a sudden, the Spirit starts speaking, and I remember a couple of times I said, "Wait, I need to grab a pen and paper", but that didn't seem to bother Him at all, He just kept coming with the message. Funny thing is, I never missed a single word He was saying. It was often for another person or for our pastor. I didn't ask for it, it just came.

There isn't an easy answer, as the Lord will speak differently to each of His kids. All of mine have been from the Father. I know because of what is spoken. Even things that have been taught sovereignly by Him, are from the Father.

Let me give you an example. Years ago, when our 3 30+ year olds were still under 13, I was on the floor of the living room praying. I had been asking the Lord to be like Elisha, because he had a double portion of what Elijah had. After asking this for 2 weeks, the Father interupted my prayer and seeking and said "I don't want you to be like Elisha, I want you to be like my Son Jesus"!!! I thought, oh yeh, that's better isn't it?!?! He sort of redirected my asking!

I don't know if that helps, but a Sovereign God can do whatever He wants with each of His kids. I guess the key is walking obediently, binding the enemy, and desiring Him. He wants the relationship more than we do.

YBIC
Steve

TexasSue,
This vessel praises the Lord.That you went to Him.
I had to stop crying before I could type anything.
This vessel feels so humbled and blessed.
Vicki,
Our Lord talks to me in 3 different was.
1.Sometimes He speeks audibly to me.
2.Sometimes He speeks to my spirit.
3.Sometimes He speeks directly to my heart.
This vessel talks to the Lord.Like one talks to
people.He is my friend and so much more.
When JESUS has me post a message for Him.
This vessel can only say what He gives me.
No more and no less.
Brother's and Sister's have always questioned me.
And that is fine.My answer to people is always.
(Take your questions about me to the HOLY SPIRIT.
This vessel used to get hurt,if people did not
believe me.So I asked the Lord about this.
And JESUS'S answer to me was.
THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE ME EITHER.
So now this vessel knows,that when someone asks
about me.That I'm going thru a test.
This vessel praises that your question has been answered.
Again,Thank you T/Sue and thank you Vicki.
Bless you,
Star

And some day this vessel will learn to spell.
And to finish one sentence.Before goin to another.
PLease forgive me,
Bless you,
Star

star you have such a sweet spirit....thank you for sharing that..I believe you and I am thankful we are blessed here to have you share with us.....

also what do you mean your spelling and sentences are all wrong?? ;) do not change ..we love you the way you are...

Amen, Susan! That's what I said about Star in another thread...that she is a sweet and humble person, and that the Lord was pleased with her.

Star...

I have really learned to love you dear sister. That was cute about the spelling. You made me chuckle! And you are right on, on how the Holy Spirit usually speaks to people.

Blessings!!!

YBIC
Steve

That was so beautiful, Sue!!!!!

I love you all.

Star,

I can so relate about getting your feelings hurt. It's the sensitive ones that are usually the most perceptive. I'm trying to not be so sensitive & react when others are not open to words, but it's tough when you get shut down completely. When that happens, I have to remind myself that they're not reacting to me personally. I've just hit a deep nerve & what the people are reacting to is buried pain that they don't want uncovered.

Most times, I'm learning to keep silent unless I really feel like it will make a difference to the person. Pearls before swine & all. It's a balance.

Star
He is my friend and so much more.
When JESUS has me post a message for Him.
This vessel can only say what He gives me.
No more and no less. Star

I love this thread . . beautiful, encouraging Holy Spirit surroundings . .

Star your messages are wonderful, to the point, simple, profound, like Jesus would speak I feel . . thank you for being you, for not holding back what God puts on your heart . .

Thank you all for sharing beautiful inspirations . . .

You are all so kind and I thank you for your words of wisdom that helped me get a deeper understanding.
I wonder if the Lord will ever tell anyone more specifically(sp?) when He is coming to take us home with Him.
God bless you all.

Hey Star, I think I'm in the same spelling club that your're in!

Email: vickijones4@verizon.net

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com