Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pentecost & Mt. Sinai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the 49 days of the Omer count, the wheat crop ripens in Israel. By the end of the Omer count, the crop is ready for harvest and the First Fruits of the wheat crop are brought to the Temple on Pentecost.

Shavuot (Pentecost) is also considered the time when Yahweh delivered the law to Moses on Mount Sinai. The following verses in Exodus and the account given in Jasher 82:6 are why many references put the delivery of the law at Pentecost.

1 In the third month after the children of Israel had gone out of the land of Egypt, on the same day, they came to the Wilderness of Sinai. 10 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes. 11 And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 16 Then it came to pass on the third day, in the morning, that there were thunderings and lightnings, and a thick cloud on the mountain; and the sound of the trumpet was very loud, so that all the people who were in the camp trembled. 17 And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Now Mount Sinai was completely in smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire. Its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked greatly. 19 And when the blast of the trumpet sounded long and became louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him by voice. 20 Then the LORD came down upon Mount Sinai, on the top of the mountain. And the LORD called Moses to the top of the mountain, and Moses went up.
Comment: Could this be the “third day” that FAITH was referring to when God told her that He would be back on the “Third Day”?????

Shavuot is referred to in the rabbinic tradition as Atzeret. The word atzeret in Hebrew means "conclusion." The word atzeret is used in the Bible with the festival Shemini Atzeret and seems to mean "remain with Me [God] another day." There is a sense, therefore, that atzeret is the final part or completion of a festival. Therefore, Shavuot is seen as the conclusion to the Passover (Pesach) season. One strong connection between Passover (Pesach) and Shavuot (Pentecost) is the counting of the omer serving as a chain that links the two festivals.

Customs
• The Ten Commandments are read to commemorate the giving of the Law.
• Some Jewish people stay up all night studying the Torah (Law) to "re-live" the revelation at Mount Sinai.
• The Book of Ruth is read, tying in with the theme of harvest as well as the theme of community. This also ties in with the belief that King David was born on Shavuot, since the last verse of the book shows that Ruth was one of his ancestors.
• A 12th century Aramaic poem, Akdamut, which heralds the messianic future, is read.
• Jewish people traditionally decorate their homes and synagogue with flowers and greens.
• An older tradition prescribes that two loaves of leavened bread be baked; some say they represent all of humanity (one loaf is the Jewish people, the other Gentiles) while others see them as representing the two tablets Moses brought down from Sinai.
• It is traditional to eat milk products, because the rabbis say that when our people received the Law they were as newborn babies.

Sources used:
http://www.paleotimes.org/articles/HagShavuot.htm
http://www.fbci.org/ministries/isra_docs/Shavuot.pdf
http://www.hebroots.org/chap6.html

Re: Pentecost & Mt. Sinai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 16 Then it came to pass on the third day, in the morning,

When is the 3rd day in relation to Pentecost? Is the day of Pentecost the 3rd day? This is good Farm Girl - thanks for your research ... good catch!!

Email: mariacallison@hotmail.com

Thank you corgi mom maria, just exactly right about everything said here.

We are so in for the experience of our life, I hope I can handle the awesomeness of it!!!!!

Email: newskinagain167@yahoo.com

Shirley
11 And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 16 Then it came to pass on the third day, in the morning,

This is good Farm Girl - thanks for your research ... good catch!!

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

PraiseHim
Thank you corgi mom maria, just exactly right about everything said here.

We are so in for the experience of our life, I hope I can handle the awesomeness of it!!
!!!

(Hint: 1948 + 62 = 2010) ONLY 7 years remain! (Count begins Pentecost, Sunday, May 23rd, 2010)

Corgi Mom Maria

Shavuot (The Feast of Weeks) Pentecost

Farm Girl,

Excellent research!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting this!!!! To me this ties so many things together....

1.) Enoch and Elijah both raptured on Pentecost. Both prophets of judgment will return as the two witnesses during tribulation to pronounce judgment on world. This was their calling to fulfill both in the beginning and now at the end.

2.) Song of Solomon clearly indicated late Spring early summer rapture (Christians) after winter and rain have gone and before green figs (Jews) ripen (mature in faith).

3.) Jesus is the First Fruit of the dead. We are the First Fruit of the Spirit. Jesus rises from
the dead on the third day. Restrainer, the Church, removed on Pentecost, the "third day" as with Moses going up and the Lord coming down in passages you quoted.

4.) Pentecost is clearly the timeframe of Ruth and Boaz story. She is Gentile bride coming out of famine. He is Kinsmen-Redeemer. World is clearly in "moral famine" with lawlessness and corruption abounding. We need to be rescued by Kinsmen-Redeemer.

5.) Ruth/Boaz story clearly rapture oriented. Mature barley (dead in Christ) and wheat (born again, baptized, Spirit filled believers abiding in Him) winnowed or "thrown up into air" (raptured) to remove chaff (outward fleshly shell of corruptibility and mortality). Immature, unriped wheat left behind to ripen and mature. Must go through tribulation or
"tribulum" and be martyred for their faith in Christ. God's "grapes of wrath" (all un-Godly)
thrown into His winepress at Armageddon and destroyed. Outer edges of field left for poor and widowed (as no one will be able to buy or sell during tribulation; saints will be in hiding on the outer edges of the earth trying to survive; and many will be widowed
because so much of humanity will die at hands of AC and natural disasters, beasts, etc.) to be "gathered together" by Lord's reapers (His angels) at FOT (or ingathering) at end of
seven years.

6.) The Lord ties wedding stories together. Wedding of Cana takes place just before Passover, Ruth and Boaz marry in story of Pentecost. Wedding of Cana depicts 6 waterpots (Gentiles) turned into wine (true Children of God). 6000 yrs of humanity done. He draws some wine out (rapture) and presents it to The Master of the Feast. Wedding of Ruth and Boaz clearly depicts consummation of marriage and birth of new generation of
kings and priests through Obed, Jesse, David, Solomon.... Jesus.....us!!

7.) Pentecost rapture matches scripture in Hosea 6:3 where Jesus returns at end of latter rain during harvest. Latter rains in Israel end just before Nisan 1. His second coming occurs at the former or early rain inthe fall during RH, YK, and FOT.

8.) We are clearly in "the days of Noah" where people are eating, drinking, and giving in
marriage (springtime/early summer) with wickedness everywhere as people are oblivious to the fact that destruction is coming. The key dates of Noah occur in conjunction with the counting of the Omer!

9.) CJ's post on the jubilee cycles clearly indicates a 2010 rapture scenario and a 2017 return of Christ. if this is accurate, and if the Lord fulfills the Feast of Pentecost with the rapture this year, this would allow the world a brief delay before the tribulation begins and
all hell breaks loose. Ken Peters indicated in his video that there was a brief period after the graves broke open where multitudes came to know the Lord. If I'm not mistaken though he said within about 6 months "he saw the points of light go out". Could this give the until Nov 1 (111) as you have said in other posts before destruction hits?

10.) The parable of the wise virgins clearly shows that they have oil in their vessels (filled with HS as disciples were at Pentecost) and have added measure of oil (or anointing). They were also waiting, watching, warning, and praying to be counted worthy.

11.)We all thought Christ would certainly return in 2009. He didn't come. Could it be that he allowed for a year of preparation (as in story of Esther) to purify our hearts as He tarried (as in story of wise and fooloish virgins)? Seems quite plausible to me!

Please, dear Lord, do not tarry any longer. Father, we long to be with You in your Heavenly home. This is not our home! We want nothing to do with this world. Your
Kingdom is our home! We renounce and relinquish everything here. We let it all go and
we embrace all You have prepared for us. We desire Your heart. We eagerly await our glorious reunion with You! Do not tarry any longer!!! Come, Lord Jesus, come!!!! We love You!!!! In Jesus Name, I pray. Amen and Amen!!!

Thank you so much for the time it took to research this... these can not all be coincidences...One thing I do know and that is God is a God of order.... He is never chaotic but He moves in a Godly order.... and this seems to have a perfect order to it to me...

Thank you again FAith and Farm Girl.... and corgi..I listened to that youtube a couple of times..and my hearing is not that great so I had a hard time understanding it.....but it appeared powerful...lol

The scripture from Exodus sounded like the rapture when I read it....

I have to bookmark this so I can read over and over again...:)

Thank you Faith for your post too - filled with information relating Pentecost to our rapture!! It seems so clear! OH Lord, I pray to be taken home THIS PENTECOST!

Didn't I read some where on RITA that maybe the dead in Christ will rise on Ascention day and those who are alive and remain on Pentecost? I read this some where and thought it was an interesting observation...

Oh Susan, I would love that! I know then MANY would become true believers and repent ... after all we've warned them about - then they'd know it was TRUTH!

Faith,

AMEN TIME A THOUSAND!! THATS IT GIRL!!!

2010 rapture in the Spring On PENTECOST OR ASCENSION DAY!

I agree, these are all really great points!! Either date looks very strong!

I like Ascension day a little more because it separates the church from the Jews in a sense, really just makes a distinction between the two. Also, it is a solid witness of where the people went and who they went with!

Then possibly the HS indwelling the 144,000 Jewish witnesses on Pentecost?! It will probably only take these Jewish folks 10 days (or less)to figure out what happened?!

Melissa,

You could be right about Ascension day. I am not ruling anything out as we are in period of "high alert" days. I think it's more likely to be Pentecost though because millions of Gentiles know this day to be related to HS. But also, Jews specifically celebrate Feast of Shavot with story of Ruth/Boaz. Yet they do not recognize Jesus as Messiah or His Ascension. I would think the timing of the rapture has to strike at both groups as major event for TRUE BELIEVERS (Jew & Gentile) for the Lord to get their attention. Just a thought.

Regardless, let's just pray He comes in next 4 wks!!!!!!!

YSIC.... FAITH

So the dead in Christ could rise on Ascention day and then we that are alive are going to have to remain some, right? Like maybe we could remain for 10 days and then be caught up.....

I wonder if there will be a huge sign when the dead in Christ rise that could alert people?

In the scripture that Farm girl posted it sounds to me like a volcano has errupted with all the smoke, lightening, and fire....

FAITH
Melissa,

You could be right about Ascension day. I am not ruling anything out as we are in period of "high alert" days. I think it's more likely to be Pentecost though because millions of Gentiles know this day to be related to HS. But also, Jews specifically celebrate Feast of Shavot with story of Ruth/Boaz. Yet they do not recognize Jesus as Messiah or His Ascension. I would think the timing of the rapture has to strike at both groups as major event for TRUE BELIEVERS (Jew & Gentile) for the Lord to get their attention. Just a thought.

Regardless, let's just pray He comes in next 4 wks!!!!!!!

YSIC.... FAITH

Just a thought here... if the rapture is going to happen in 4 weeks then our prayers will not matter one way or the other (praying it happens) but we still need to pray... for people to get right now!!!

Faith I know you were just saying whats in your heart though...like whats in my heart and I am hoping this is it....

Faith Dear Sister in Christ,
This vessel believes that Elijah and Moses are
the two witnesses.
Rev.11:6)These have power to shut heaven,that it rain not in the days of their prophecy:and have power
over waters to turn them to blood,and to smite the earth with all plagues,as often as they will.
Also please look at 1K.17:1 and Ja.5:17 and Ex.7:19
These are the only two whom God gave power to do
these things.
Thank you for looking.
Bless you,
Star

Corgi Mom Maria

Thanks for posting this Corgi Mom Maria! Powerful & so true.

Jews specifically celebrate Feast of Shavot with story of Ruth/Boaz.

Faith, I agree that this is a really strong witness.

Is this what is going to provoke the Jews - their messiah marrying a gentile bride?! once they realize what has happened!!

I agree that this time is a very high alert period!! Your sis in Christ Melissa!

Farm Girl

Customs
• The Ten Commandments are read to commemorate the giving of the Law.
• Some Jewish people stay up all night studying the Torah (Law) to "re-live" the revelation at Mount Sinai.
• The Book of Ruth is read, tying in with the theme of harvest as well as the theme of community. This also ties in with the belief that King David was born on Shavuot, since the last verse of the book shows that Ruth was one of his ancestors.
• A 12th century Aramaic poem, Akdamut, which heralds the messianic future, is read.

Akdamut" - Free Translation of Content

Before I begin to read his Words (The Ten Commandments),
I will ask Permission,
Of the One Whose Might is such that -
Even if all the heavens were parchment,
And all the reeds pens,
And all the oceans ink,
And all people were scribes,
It would be impossible to record
the Greatness of the Creator,
Who Created the World with a soft utterance,
And with a single letter, the letter "heh,"
The lightest of the letters.

And Angels of Heaven of all kinds,
All full of fear and terror of their Master,
Have permission to praise him only at set times,
Some once in seven years, Others once and no more,

How beloved is Israel!
For the Holy One leaves the Angels on High,
To take the People of Israel as His lot -
And they make Him their King,
And declare, "Holy! Holy! Holy!"
Twice a day, Morning and Evening -

And all His Desire is that His Chosen People
Will study His Torah and pray to Him,
For they are inscribed in His Tefillin,
"Who is like Your People, Israel,
One nation in the World!"

Thus it is the will of the Holy One,
That I speak in praise of Israel,
And though all the nations come and ask,
Who can it Be, for Whom you give up your lives,
O most beautiful of the nations?
But come with us,
And we'll satisfy all your desires!

And Israel responds with wisdom,
Only a bit of the truth do they reveal,
What is your greatness, say they to the nations,
Compared to the reward that He has in store for us!
And when He sheds upon us His great light,
While you go, then are destroyed in darkness!

Yerushalayim will be rebuilt!
The Exiles will return,
The Gates of Gan Eden will Re-Open,
And all their Brilliance will be Revealed to us -
We will enter those Gates and take Pleasure,
In the Radiance of the Divine Presence,
Whom we will point to, and say -
Here is our G-d, in Whom we hoped,
He will save us!

And each righteous one under his canopy will sit,
In the Sukkah made from the skin of Leviathan,
And in the future
He will make a dance for the righteous ones,
And a banquet in Paradise,
From that Great Fish and the Wild Ox ,
And from the Wine preserved from the Creation -
Happy are those who believe and hope and
Never abandon their faith forever!

Now you my listeners,
When you hear your praise in this song,
Be strong in your faith!
And you will merit to sit in the company
Of the holy and righteous ones
In the World-to-Come!
If you've listened well to my words,
Which were uttered in holy majesty -
Great is our G-d!
The First and the Last!
Happy are we, for He loved us,
And gave us His Torah.

Source:
http://www.ou.org/holidays/shavuot/akdamut_and_ketuvah

BTW, Maria - what a precious puppy Blossom was!!!

Email: cidp@aol.com

Joyful Susan,

That's a possibility but this discounts Christ's coming as a thief in the night as the parable of the virgins say. If we have ten days after the graves break open there is no need to watch and wait as the Lord commands. So these two events must happen simultaneously.

I may have confused you and others with my previous post. My apologies. The barley are the OT Saints that rose at Passover. He was their Firstfruit.

Everyone who has died in Christ, whose bodies are currently in the grave as well as all those church age believers, Spirit filled Christians, who are currently alive, make up the wheat as Matthew 3:11-12 and Romans 8:23 say.

This is why the Lord said to Peter, "Satan desires to sift you as wheat" - i.e., send you through the "tribulum". I believe this was a prophetic warning that only the mature in Christ (the early wheat/soft hearted/repentent/ Spirit filled believers) would be winnowed, tied with a chord and presented at the Temple to God (the Father) by the High Priest (Jesus Christ our Great High Priest) on Pentecost as they did in Leviticus 23. All of the hard wheat (lukewarm Christians) would be left behind to mature in their faith as wheat continuing to need ripening in the field. Again, my apologies for any confusion.

So, with this said we have several high alert days:

1.) Today, Iyar 10, the day Noah got into the boat.

2.) Iyar 14, April 27/28, Second Passover. Day of second chances. More than likely the day the Jews will celebrate Passover after the AC sets himself up in Temple. These Jews will be in hiding in Petra at this time.

3.) Iyar 17, May 1st, May Day, the flood starts and it is the "third day" after the Second
Passover or second first fruits event.

4.) Iyar 18, May 2nd, Day 33 of the Counting of the Omer or Lag B'Omer, a day of rejoicing for the Jews when many of them marry.

5.) Omer 40, Iyar 25, Ascension Day. However this was fulfilled with the barley.

6.) Omer 50, Pentecost. Day Holy Spirit given to disciples and day "restrainer" most likely
to be removed. May 19/20 or many believe is May 23 as Pentecost usually on Sunday (early on first day of week as with Christ's resurrection at Passover).

My vote is Pentecost for all of the other reasons stated in previous posts by various authors. But in the long run, it doesn't matter as long as we are home!

In the words of Todd Beamer before the airplane hit the Tower in 9/11....

LET'S ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.)

Hi Star,

That's an interesting idea but I diasgree for a few reasons.

1.) Only Enoch and Elijah were prophets of judgment. Moses was not.

2.) It is appointed for all men to die and these are the only two who did not. They must therefore die a natural death along with other OT Saints.

3.) If Moses were one of witnesses he would be first to ascend to Father making him not Christ the first fruit of the dead.

Hope this helps.

YSIC..... FAITH

I forgot to say... Farm Girl & FAITH, you're both on the money today!

The anointing of the Holy Spirit sure is powerful today!!! He's revealing so much!! We have to be close to the end!!!! All the puzzle pieces are falling into place!!!

FAITH
Joyful Susan,

That's a possibility but this discounts Christ's coming as a thief in the night as the parable of the virgins say. If we have ten days after the graves break open there is no need to watch and wait as the Lord commands. So these two events must happen simultaneously.

I may have confused you and others with my previous post. My apologies. The barley are the OT Saints that rose at Passover. He was their Firstfruit.

Everyone who has died in Christ, whose bodies are currently in the grave as well as all those church age believers, Spirit filled Christians, who are currently alive, make up the wheat as Matthew 3:11-12 and Romans 8:23 say.

This is why the Lord said to Peter, "Satan desires to sift you as wheat" - i.e., send you through the "tribulum". I believe this was a prophetic warning that only the mature in Christ (the early wheat/soft hearted/repentent/ Spirit filled believers) would be winnowed, tied with a chord and presented at the Temple to God (the Father) by the High Priest (Jesus Christ our Great High Priest) on Pentecost as they did in Leviticus 23. All of the hard wheat (lukewarm Christians) would be left behind to mature in their faith as wheat continuing to need ripening in the field. Again, my apologies for any confusion.

So, with this said we have several high alert days:

1.) Today, Iyar 10, the day Noah got into the boat.

2.) Iyar 14, April 27/28, Second Passover. Day of second chances. More than likely the day the Jews will celebrate Passover after the AC sets himself up in Temple. These Jews will be in hiding in Petra at this time.

3.) Iyar 17, May 1st, May Day, the flood starts and it is the "third day" after the Second
Passover or second first fruits event.

4.) Iyar 18, May 2nd, Day 33 of the Counting of the Omer or Lag B'Omer, a day of rejoicing for the Jews when many of them marry.

5.) Omer 40, Iyar 25, Ascension Day. However this was fulfilled with the barley.

6.) Omer 50, Pentecost. Day Holy Spirit given to disciples and day "restrainer" most likely
to be removed. May 19/20 or many believe is May 23 as Pentecost usually on Sunday (early on first day of week as with Christ's resurrection at Passover).

My vote is Pentecost for all of the other reasons stated in previous posts by various authors. But in the long run, it doesn't matter as long as we are home!

In the words of Todd Beamer before the airplane hit the Tower in 9/11....

LET'S ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.)

Faith thank you..I did not realize you had posted this..

I am glad y'all liked that video, I kept watching it over and over again. So much has been said here, so reassuring. Peggy, I loved what you posted too!!

That was not Blossom as a puppy, thats the picture my son uses when he posts for me and I have the Siesta Key photo on my own.

This thread certainly kept me in a good mood all day!!!!!!!!

Email: maria callison@hotmail.com

Cute Youtube "Avi counts the Omer"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhummPNoWAE&NR=1

I am learning some more about this Omer counting, it is for "freedom to be yoked to God"

There are other youtubes by rabbi's that tell about the counting. Why haven't we been taught this stuff sooner,

I am just about to learn how to have a life on earth and I am about to leave, but really I guess I will be back without sin to snare me.

Email: newskinagain167@yahoo.com

Well Dear Sister,
Either way.We will just have to wait and see.
Love In JESUS,
Star

PraiseHim,

My sentiments exactly!!!! Just when I start to learn about all the wonderful Feasts of the Lord and their significance it is time to fly!!!

~P

Email: cidp@aol.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com