Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Number 42 and the RAPTURE

The Lord has always spoken to me through His Word and a still small voice that inaudibley speaks to my spirit. Sometimes He says go look at such and such scripture and other times he tells me to look at something in nature.

I do not often directly ask for an answer to my questions but, when I get real serious and ask, He always has an answer, even though most of the time I don't understand it for sure until it comes to pass.

Having said that, last night as I crawled into bed and was worshiping the Lord as is normal, I felt the need to ask Him the question. "Lord, will you give us a heads up so we know for sure that you are sending Your Son back to get us this year?"

"Look at Ezra 2:24".

"Wow Lord, I have no idea what that verse says or even if there is a verse 24 in the second chapter."

So, I get up and turn the light on and open my Bible to Ezra 2:24. The whole chapter is about naming and numbering all the Jewish people coming back to Israel from their bondage of 70 years in Babylon. Most of these people groups have numbers in the hundreds or even thousands. But, look at verse 24: "The people of Azmaveth, forty two;

42??? What do you mean Lord??

I noticed that there are all 2's and 4's in the chapter and verse. 42 months is 3 1/2 years. 42 is also the sum of 6X7 and is one week short of the 49 day Omer count between FirstFruits and Pentecost.

Could the Lord be saying that there will be a Heads up on the 42nd day of the Omer count? That date is May 15 a Sabbath day and eight (8) days before Pentecost? Or could He be saying something else??

Six is the number of Man and 7 is the number of completion, perfection and worship and rest. That surely fits the picture of the rapture.

What say ye?????

Tom

Re: The Number 42 and the RAPTURE

Brother Tom loved it mate,

You know what, brother Joseph (Joe the counter) is going to be over the moon when he sees this post. You know what the number 42 means to him, it has a special spot.

Love ya brother Tom, longing for the day to meeting you my respected bro

Love ybiC / Paul

Tom:

Hmmmmmmmmm..................

I've been gone for several hours and saw this post when I got back.
The FIRST thing I tried was to "see" if the number of days from the
2000th "earthly" birthday of Jesus would divide by "42".

...From: Sat., Sept. 12, 1998 - Jesus' 2000th earthly birthday
...To: Sat., April 24, 2010
...It is 4242 days
...Or 606 weeks
...42 = the first and second advent ("coming")

Jesus was most likely born after sundown on 9/11 3 B.C. This would have
been 9/12 by Jewish standards since their next day begins at sundown.
Below is an explanation of how the 2000 years are added:

...Jesus was born 9/11-12/3 BC:

..........3 BC to 1 BC = 2 years
...1 BC to year 1 AD = 1 year (there was no year "0")
..........1 AD to 1998 = 1997 years
...................TOTAL = 2000 years

Dr. Ernest L. Martin wrote a book called, The Star of Bethlehem: The
Star that Astonished the World,...

LINK

The following is an INCREDIBLE URL showing events on September 11
throughout history. When you scroll about 1/4 down, you will see this:

September 11 in History

LINK

...Many biblical scholars, theologians, historians, and astronomers say
...that the Star of Bethlehem, signifying the birth of Jesus Christ, can
...be calculated to within a few hours of September 11, 3 B.C., based
...on celestial charts and alignments for that time. Historian Dr. Ernest L.
...Martin first article on the subject appeared in 1976, and in 1981 he
...published his research in "The Birth of Christ Recalculated". In 1991,
...the book was re-released as "The Star that Astonished the World."
...Dr. Martin revealed in his book, that the signs in the sky on the night
...of Jesus' birth occurred on only one day in 3 B.C., and they occurred
...exactly on September 11, 3 B.C. between6:15 pm and 7:49 pm EST.

Other Scholarship Proving the Exact Date of Birth of Yeshua (Jesus), part 5
by Roy A. Reinhold February 1, 2001

LINK

BLESSINGS AND THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Calvin

Okay, Tom. I am so excited, but trying to contain myself here...

Brother, I asked Jesus the same question on Wednesday.

And you know what He showed me? I opened up to...

Matthew 24:42

Go figure!!!

42"Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming."

I'd say our God has a GREAT sense of humor!

Me and my wife were talking about that just today. We know that God created us to praise him, but you know he must have a wonderful sense of humor. I bet he gets a kick out of watching us sometimes

We were created in HIS image, and we love to laugh, so you know that HE must love a good laugh too.

Love ya

Randy

I asked the Lord when the tribulation would begin back in 1977 when I was 10.

I was thinking 2020 for some reason, but after a minute the still small voice said, "No. 2010."

Tribulation definitely begins this year.

I wish I would've asked about the rapture timing. But that tends to coincide if you're a pre-tribber.

I know I'm repeating myself like an old man telling stories on the front porch swing.

Just letting the newbies know.

Ravished by His Love (Charity)
Okay, Tom. I am so excited, but trying to contain myself here...

Brother, I asked Jesus the same question on Wednesday.

And you know what He showed me? I opened up to...

Matthew 24:42

Go figure!!!

42"Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming."

Oh, and a P.S:

Our house # just "happens" to be 42. Last Spring I was coming up to our front door after a walk; I was looking down to find the right key, and I said something like, "Lord, I wish you would just tell us how soon You're coming back." And that is when I looked up and noticed our big painted "42" next to the door. I felt Him smile, like He was winking at me and giving me some sort of an "answer", but y'all know how He tends to answer these types of questions, LOL...

I have been away for a few hours and just got back and saw all your replies.

Paul, thanks for the reminder about Joseph and his #42.. I do remember his writing about it this last year.

Professor Cal. Wow, you always blow me away with all those numbers that seem to jump out of the domino box and into an understandable conjunction of our myriad questions. Thanks for the links. Great info and knowledge.

Char, my creative and faithful friend. Buenos noches. Thanks for all your sweet replies and number confirmations. I am still not sure what 42 is pointing to but I know it is something very important.

Randy, glad you are still able to join the conversations here on RITA. Your input is always valuable and appreciated. Yes God does have a sense of humor. I guess that is where we got ours from. Hang on bro, it won't be long now.

Kerry, my red headed PK and bonded friend. You never have to apologize for repeating yourself. (when you don't know that your repeating yourself is when your in trouble ) Yes 2010 from the time of ten is very impressive.

And Corey. What a fantastic young man you are. I so look forward to just sitting and talking with you about all the wonders of Heaven some day real soon.

So the Lord has impressed upon a lot of us the number 42 and its variables. But, I suspect we will not know for sure until the day it (whatever the 42 means) happens.

Until then, we will just keep looking, praying and loving.

Tom

Okay, promise not to be disappointed but 42 is the number of the Beast...

Its factors are six and seven (6x7=42), and this shows a connection between man and the Spirit of God, and between Christ and Antichrist

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Well said Scuggers. Six is the number of man (created on 6th day). The triple six - 666 - the evil trinity - antichrist, false prophet, satan.

Seven is God's number for completenss, fullness, finished, done! The triple seven - the Godhead trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
The Jews have an expression for finishing something. They call it sevening. After hearing that and reading Revelation again, it suddenly jumped out at me. Revelation is the "SEVENING" or completion of all God's plans for the earth and all in it. Seven churches, seven lampstands, seven trumpets, seven bowls, seven vials, on and on.

So 42 (as Scuggers said - 6 x 7) can stand for the final showdown or confrontation between good and evil, man and God, that wraps up history.

Tom, I am just a bit hesitant to write this because it has to do with a VERY strange dream I had two or three nights in a row. It happened exactly 20 yrs. ago this past winter.
I believe the book of Ezra is very important and I remember Joseph Blackman writing some intriging things about this, which confirmed some things for me.
I'll have to go back and find some of the info about 42 ~ I believe it's important.

prof. e. c.
Tom:
Calvin

a quick reference number version of a portion of Ezra, Chap 2...

THE NUMBER OF THE MEN OF THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL:

The children of Parosh, two thousand an hundred seventy and two.
( 2172 )
The children of SHEPHATIAH, three hundred seventy and two.
(372 )
The children of Arah, seven hundred seventy and five.
(775 )
The children of Pahathmoab, of
the children of JESHUA and Joab, two thousand eight hundred and twelve.
(2812 )
The children of ELAM, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
( 1254 )
The children of Zattu, nine hundred forty and five.
(945 )
The children of Zaccai, seven hundred and threescore.
(760 )
The children of Bani, six hundred forty and two.
(642 )
The children of Bebai, six hundred twenty and three.
(623 )
The children of Azgad, a thousand two hundred twenty and two.
(1222 )
The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.
(666 )
The children of BIGVAI, two thousand fifty and six.
(2056 )
The children of Adin, four hundred fifty and four.
(454 )
The children of ATER of Hezekiah, ninety and eight.
(98 )
The children of Bezai, three hundred twenty and three.
(323 )
The children of Jorah, an hundred and twelve.
(112 )
The children of Hashum, two hundred twenty and three.
( 223 )
The children of Gibbar, ninety and five.
(95 )
The children of Bethlehem, an hundred twenty and three.
(123 )
THE MEN OF Netophah, fifty and six.
(56 )
THE MEN OF Anathoth, an hundred twenty and eight.
(128 )
The children of Azmaveth, forty and two.
(42 )
The children of Kirjatharim, Chephirah, and Beeroth, seven hundred and forty and three.
(743 )
The children of Ramah and Gaba, six hundred twenty and one.
(621 )
THE MEN OF Michmas, an hundred twenty and two.
(122 )
THE MEN OF Bethel and Ai, two hundred twenty and three.
(223 )
The children of Nebo, fifty and two.
( 52 )
The children of Magbish, an hundred fifty and six.
(156 )
The children of the OTHER ELAM, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
(1254 )
The children of HARIM, three hundred and twenty.
(320 )
The children of Lod, Hadid, and Ono, seven hundred twenty and five.
( 725 )
The children of Jericho, three hundred forty and five.
(345 )
The children of Senaah, three thousand and six hundred and thirty.
(3630 )
The priests:
the children of Jedaiah, of the house of JESHUA, nine hundred seventy and three.
(973 )
The children of IMMER, a thousand fifty and two.
( 1052 )
The children of Pashur, a thousand two hundred forty and seven.
(1247 )
The children of HARIM, a thousand and seventeen.
(1017 )
The Levites:
the children of JESHUA and Kadmiel, of
the children of Hodaviah, seventy and four.

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

prof. e. c.
Tom:

I've been gone for several hours and saw this post when I got back.
The FIRST thing I tried was to "see" if the number of days from the
2000th "earthly" birthday of Jesus would divide by "42".

...From: Sat., Sept. 12, 1998 - Jesus' 2000th earthly birthday
...To: Sat., April 24, 2010
...It is 4242 days
...Or 606 weeks
...42 = the first and second advent ("coming")

Jesus was most likely born after sundown on 9/11 3 B.C. This would have
been 9/12 by Jewish standards since their next day begins at sundown.
Below is an explanation of how the 2000 years are added:

...Jesus was born 9/11-12/3 BC:

..........3 BC to 1 BC = 2 years
...1 BC to year 1 AD = 1 year (there was no year "0")
..........1 AD to 1998 = 1997 years
...................TOTAL = 2000 years

Dr. Ernest L. Martin wrote a book called, The Star of Bethlehem: The
Star that Astonished the World,...

LINK

The following is an INCREDIBLE URL showing events on September 11
throughout history. When you scroll about 1/4 down, you will see this:

September 11 in History

LINK

...Many biblical scholars, theologians, historians, and astronomers say
...that the Star of Bethlehem, signifying the birth of Jesus Christ, can
...be calculated to within a few hours of September 11, 3 B.C., based
...on celestial charts and alignments for that time. Historian Dr. Ernest L.
...Martin first article on the subject appeared in 1976, and in 1981 he
...published his research in "The Birth of Christ Recalculated". In 1991,
...the book was re-released as "The Star that Astonished the World."
...Dr. Martin revealed in his book, that the signs in the sky on the night
...of Jesus' birth occurred on only one day in 3 B.C., and they occurred
...exactly on September 11, 3 B.C. between6:15 pm and 7:49 pm EST.

Other Scholarship Proving the Exact Date of Birth of Yeshua (Jesus), part 5
by Roy A. Reinhold February 1, 2001

LINK

Calvin

I wonder if the 9/11 bringing down the towers was a way for us to feel terror on that day instead of joy for our Lord's birthday.

Email: newskinagain167@yahoo.com

Paul/Aussie
Brother Tom loved it mate,

You know what, brother Joseph (Joe the counter) is going to be over the moon when he sees this post. You know what the number 42 means to him, it has a special spot.

Love ya brother Tom, longing for the day to meeting you my respected bro

Love ybiC / Paul

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Thank you Tom for this very interesting insight you've received from the Good Lord.

And, Calvin, what you have brought to the table is FASCINATING as well my brother.

You're right my dear brother "Aussie Paul" .

In my heart, I just made 42 trips around that Beautiful Bride and I don't have astronaut wings,

Below is from the Bible Wheel http://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Database.asp?bnum=15&cnum=2&vnum=24

Ezr 2:24 The children of Azmaveth, forty and two.

Total numerical value of the 4 Hebrew words in the above verse = 1314.

Got to looking at what our brother Tom said above with regard to May 15th and when I looked at the numerical value of the Hebrew words in the above verse which is 1314 and I looked at that value again and saw 13...14 THEN 15 for the natural progression in counting...also what Tom said, "May 15th".

13 + 14 + 15 = 42 As Charity referred to earlier "Go figure".

The numerical value Azmaveth in Hebrew is 523

There are 8 verses in the Holy Bible that contain the word Azmaveth.

523 minus 8 = 515

??? 5-15...May 15th???....interesting to say the least.

Your brother Joe

Email: jpcarr@att.net

Wow, Joesph, you said: "Total numerical value of the 4 Hebrew words in the above verse = 1314."

"Got to looking at what our brother Tom said above with regard to May 15th and when I looked at the numerical value of the Hebrew words in the above verse which is 1314 and I looked at that value again and saw 13...14 THEN 15 for the natural progression in counting...also what Tom said, "May 15th".

13 + 14 + 15 = 42 As Charity referred to earlier "Go figure"."

I just looked at the calendar for May this year and counted what day "Resurrection" day is on. It is the 13th, a Thursday. So,there is the count 13,14,15 and it is day 42. The number is confirmed again.

What is the Lord trying to say?

Let me see if I can make sense of the progression of our understanding.

1. I asked the Lord for a sign that this was the year of the rapture.
2. He led me to Ezra 2:24
3. That led me to see the 42 as the primary answer to my question. And 42 is the mirror image of the 24 address of this verse in Ezra.
4. 42 led me to the counting of the Omer and Saturday the 15th of May, 8 days before Pentecost.
5. The number 42 also led to the numbers of 6 & 7 which are the multiple's of 42. And, 6&7 are indicators of Man (6) and Gods completion and rest (7) which is a picture of the rapture of the Body of Christ.
6. Thanks to Joesph, we found that the numerical value of Ezra 2:24 is 1314.
7. Ezra is the 15th book of the Bible
8. 13-14-15 Ascension day to 42nd day of counting of the Omer. (May 13th to 15th)

Conclusion: Something regarding the timing of the rapture may take place starting on the 13th of May and confirmed on the 15th. What that something is, is still a mystery at this point. But our awesome God is doing His best to encourage us to keep holding on and looking up for our redemption is drawing closer and closer.

Trumpet to the lips..........lets roll!

Tom

Tom
I just looked at the calendar for May this year and counted what day "Resurrection" day is on. It is the 13th, a Thursday.

Trumpet to the lips..........lets roll!

Tom

May 13th is also on the new moon for this next month. Interesting. It would also lead into Virginia's Friday if He came overnight in the wee hours of the morning.

It's also the last day of Iyyar: Iyar (Hebrew: אִייָר‎ or אִיָּר, Standard Iyyar Tiberian ʾIyyār ; from Akkadian ayyaru, meaning "Rosette; blossom") is the eighth month of the civil year (which starts on 1 Tishrei) and the second month of the ecclesiastical year (which starts on 1 Nisan) on the Hebrew calendar.

If He comes @ midnight on that day, it would hit all of these. Many references to midnight in the scriptures.

Just saw this on thread by Tex and thought it was another conformation of the 13,14,15=42 sign.

"Rosh HaShanah in 2010 will start on the 9th of September

The new moon of September is Sept. 9

John 4:35

Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

4 lunar months before Rosh HaShanah is May 13 ,2010 , a new moon day , which this year is coincidentally on this year's "Ascension Day"

Thanks for the info Tex

Tom

RECALL, RECALL, RECALL

I have been thinking about the number 42 all day and wondering what I am missing. When I re-read my post of yesterday, I saw that I had inadvertently said "resurrection day" when I meant to say ASCENSION DAY.

""I just looked at the calendar for May this year and counted what day "Resurrection" day is on. It is the 13th, a Thursday. Then, there is the count 13,14,15 and it is day 42. The number is confirmed again""

Further study shows that not only did Enoch get raptured on the 6th of Sivan of the Jewish Calendar, but that THIS year the 6th of Sivan is the day of the Jewish counting for Pentecost, on the 19th of May. However, the 40th day of the Omer is the day of Ascension, and is on the 13th of May which is the first day of the count 13,14,15 to arrive at day 42 of the counting of the Omer and 7 days before Pentecost.(remember that 13,14,15 also add up to 42) 42, I believe the Lord showed me, is the number that will reveal and confirm that this is the year of the rapture.

For me, that means that the Lord is saying; Start your countdown on Ascension day the 13th of May. The rapture will happen ON or BEFORE Pentecost.

For some it will be a longer countdown than others. Enoch and Noah had seven days notice. Elijah and the school of the prophets may of had more. Lot (the Church living in the world and not looking for His return) only had a few hours notice the night before.

The PROMISE is however, that we will not be taken by surprise if we love His appearing and are looking for Him. We will KNOW when He is about to open the door.

Yes we will KNOW before it happens.

Trumpet to the lips..........lets roll

I'm thinking of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a hilarious book I read back in the 70's, and which was made into a movie since. In the book the protagonist travels all around the Galaxy running into odd situations and odd life forms. (The reason he is not on earth anymore is because earth was destroyed in order to make room for an exit from a new inter-galactic highway). Anyway, after all the travels and adventures, he finally gets to ask the big computer in charge of it all what the meaning of life is. The computer comes back with the answer "42".

Irony? Out of all the possible answers to that question which could have been invented by the author, a book which places a computer in the place of the Almighty uses the same number as is apparently being given by the REAL ALMIGHTY?

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Also, I figured that if it is correct that Jesus was born in "3 bc" as someone stated in this thread, then this year would be 2013 years from Jesus's birth. Figure the 2013 years at 360/days a year on the Hebrew calendar and that would = 2042. In other words, 2013 = 2042 years on the 360/day calendar.

Then too, there were "42" generations from Abraham to Christ"......Matthew 1:17.

Pretty neat huh?

And then here is what I read recently on 5 Doves by Pastor Riley on the number "42"........

Number “42”

“42” is the number which precedes number “43.” It is associated with “the coming of Christ” over and over in the Scriptures, both in the Old Testament as He appeared to various patriarchs, and also during His New Testament personal ministry. It is also playing a significant role in His return to resurrect and rapture His people to glory, and to bring the Tribulation period upon humanity left on the earth following the rapture. Consider the following breakdown of this number set forth in God’s Word…..

“4” is the Bible number associated with “the flesh; humanity; the natural man; the first creation; the nations; etc.” It was on the 4th day in Genesis 1:14-19 that God placed “...two great lights…” in the heavens for the stated purpose, “…to give light upon the earth…” Any careful Bible student knows that the Lord Jesus Christ took upon Himself humanity and was born as a babe in Bethlehem at the completion of the 4th day [4th millennium] in God’s Great Week, 2 Peter 3:8. The Lord Himself during His personal ministry explicitly stated, “…I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life,” John 8:12. The Sun which God placed in the heavens on the 4th day, is then a type of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is also more than coincidence that in the genealogy of Christ in Matthew 1:17, it is explicitly recorded that there were “42” generations from Abraham to the birth of Christ.

“2” is the Bible number associated with “separation; departure; to leave; to go out; to be separated from; etc.” It is used this way over and over again in the Scriptures. In combination with “4” then it obviously has something to do with a “separation” taking place in the ranks of humanity. But when? I’m sure glad you asked…..

“6” [4 + 2] is the Bible number associated with “man; mankind; Satan’s influence upon mankind; etc. It is obvious from Genesis 1:24-31 that God created man on the 6th day of the week. Therefore this number is repeatedly associated with the six days of the week in God’s Word, and also with the six millenniums which mankind has been allotted to do all their work upon the earth, 2 Peter 3:8. It is at the end of 6,000 years of human history that the Lord is coming to resurrect and rapture His people to glory. Does this tell our readers anything about where we presently are in relation to God’s great Plan of the Ages? It does for those who are obediently “watching,” Mark 13:35-37.

“8” [4 x 2] is the Bible number associated with “the new birth; new things; new beginning; new day; new start; etc. It is precisely because that God’s people [true believers] have experienced a “new birth” in and through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that they have a “blessed hope” of being “caught up” to glory preceding the Tribulation when the rapture occurs, Titus 2:11-15; Revelation 3:10.

This should begin to give you some insight into why certain numbers in the Bible are associated with certain doctrines or teachings. But let’s not stop here…..

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/apr2010/fmriley415-1.htm

Email: sweetbyandbyx2@yahoo.com

Judith
Also, I figured that if it is correct that Jesus was born in "3 bc" as someone stated in this thread, then this year would be 2013 years from Jesus's birth. Figure the 2013 years at 360/days a year on the Hebrew calendar and that would = 2042. In other words, 2013 = 2042 years on the 360/day calendar.

Then too, there were "42" generations from Abraham to Christ"......Matthew 1:17.

Pretty neat huh?

And then here is what I read recently on 5 Doves by Pastor Riley on the number "42"........

Number “42”

“42” is the number which precedes number “43.” It is associated with “the coming of Christ” over and over in the Scriptures, both in the Old Testament as He appeared to various patriarchs, and also during His New Testament personal ministry. It is also playing a significant role in His return to resurrect and rapture His people to glory, and to bring the Tribulation period upon humanity left on the earth following the rapture. Consider the following breakdown of this number set forth in God’s Word…..

“4” is the Bible number associated with “the flesh; humanity; the natural man; the first creation; the nations; etc.” It was on the 4th day in Genesis 1:14-19 that God placed “...two great lights…” in the heavens for the stated purpose, “…to give light upon the earth…” Any careful Bible student knows that the Lord Jesus Christ took upon Himself humanity and was born as a babe in Bethlehem at the completion of the 4th day [4th millennium] in God’s Great Week, 2 Peter 3:8. The Lord Himself during His personal ministry explicitly stated, “…I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life,” John 8:12. The Sun which God placed in the heavens on the 4th day, is then a type of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is also more than coincidence that in the genealogy of Christ in Matthew 1:17, it is explicitly recorded that there were “42” generations from Abraham to the birth of Christ.

“2” is the Bible number associated with “separation; departure; to leave; to go out; to be separated from; etc.” It is used this way over and over again in the Scriptures. In combination with “4” then it obviously has something to do with a “separation” taking place in the ranks of humanity. But when? I’m sure glad you asked…..

“6” [4 + 2] is the Bible number associated with “man; mankind; Satan’s influence upon mankind; etc. It is obvious from Genesis 1:24-31 that God created man on the 6th day of the week. Therefore this number is repeatedly associated with the six days of the week in God’s Word, and also with the six millenniums which mankind has been allotted to do all their work upon the earth, 2 Peter 3:8. It is at the end of 6,000 years of human history that the Lord is coming to resurrect and rapture His people to glory. Does this tell our readers anything about where we presently are in relation to God’s great Plan of the Ages? It does for those who are obediently “watching,” Mark 13:35-37.

“8” [4 x 2] is the Bible number associated with “the new birth; new things; new beginning; new day; new start; etc. It is precisely because that God’s people [true believers] have experienced a “new birth” in and through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that they have a “blessed hope” of being “caught up” to glory preceding the Tribulation when the rapture occurs, Titus 2:11-15; Revelation 3:10.

This should begin to give you some insight into why certain numbers in the Bible are associated with certain doctrines or teachings. But let’s not stop here…..

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/apr2010/fmriley415-1.htm

Corrected......Also, I figured that if it is correct that Jesus was born in "3 bc" as someone stated in this thread, then this year would be 2013 years from Jesus's birth. REFIGURE the 2013 years based on the 365.25/day on our calendar and on the 360/days a year on the Hebrew calendar would = 2042. In other words, 2013 on the 365.25/day = 2042 years on the 360/day calendar.

Hope this makes sense.

Email: sweetbyandbyx2@yahoo.com

I have been thinking about this all day,

so we may be comforting/talking to the unwise virgins with them about why they haven't changed, I guess that is a possibility.

Email: newskinagain167@yahoo.com

On my 42nd birthday last May 2, I experienced the oddest thing ever in my life.

My right side, rear of my neck went into spasms (charlie-horses) in a periodic cycle all afternoon about every 15 to 20 minutes or so.

It hasn't happened since.

The pain was so severe that I got angry at it, and began to literally cry out to God (while walking in circles in the front yard) for it to go away.

The pains would come and go in a manner I suppose were similar to birth pangs.

Eventually, they did go away that day.

It's been almost a year now, my 43rd is coming up this Sunday. Could it have been some sort of sign for me?

I have to wonder.

In Christ,

Mike

Email: mike@christark.org

Mike
I had that happen about three years ago, very painful.

I was walking outside and slipped on some slush and never feel down, but caught my footing and wrenched my neck.

The spasms started immediatly, went to see the doctor and he said it is a condition called rye neck syndrom, but explained it is like when a bungie cord becomes overstretched, then tries to return to normal, well the muscle spasms, to try to return to normal, it was like someone put a pipewrench on my neck for 72 hours. Very painful, I spoke to an elderly lady working at the pharmacy that day I went to get some painkillers, she slipped when shovelling snow and had the same condition, she said childbirth was not as bad as that.

Oh and my son and I were talking today, and he just out of the blue said the answer to life is 42...
I asked him what he was talking about, and he said it was a part in the book where a machine computes everything, and the only answer it comes up with is 42, Hitch Hikers Guild To The Universe, we shall see...

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com