Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I found the Enoch/Pentecost connection

RITArians,

I remember a post from CJ stating that Enoch was born on Pentecost, and was taken up to heaven alive on Pentecost. CJ did an excellent study about how Enoch represents the Church, and Noah represents Israel during the Tribulation Period. Well, someone asked the question "what document tells us that Enoch was born on Pentecost and taken into heaven on Pentecost 365 years later". I also wondered about that. I have had a book for a long time called "The Lost Books of The Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden". This book contains many books that were not considered scripture when the Canon of books of the Bible were put together. These books are very interesting and are in agreement with the Bible, and are considered to be historical.

The book called "The Secrets of Enoch" in this collection is where I found the reference to Enoch being born on Sivan 6 and being taken into heaven alive on Sivan 6, which is the same day as Pentecost. It's in the 68th chapter of the Secrets of Enoch, which is the last chapter.

Secrets of Enoch
Chapter 68

Enoch was born on the sixth day of the month Tsivan, and lived three hundred and sixty-five years.
2. He was taken up to heaven on the first day of the month Tsivan and remained in heaven sixty days.
3. He wrote all these signs of all creation, which the Lord created, and wrote three hundred and sixty-six books, and handed them over to his sons and remained on earth thirty days, and was again taken up to heaven on the sixth day of the month Tsivan, on the very day and hour when he was born.

There it is brothers and sisters. Pentecost could very well be the day we are redeemed by Jesus.

Kevin

Email: hogwoodk@gmail.com

Re: I found the Enoch/Pentecost connection

What else can I say but--WOW!!!

I surely hope 'n' that we'll be Raptured on the Day of Pentecost...just as Enoch was. For that matter, we shall see, won't we?

Oh my gosh - this sounds sooooo promising.... these studies sound fascinating too Kevin. It's so unreal to think about, but I know it will happen sometime, and this definitely seems to be the year - what more fitting time than Pentecost, or maybe even Ascension Day. OH Lord, our faith is in You and Your promise to us that You will come and take us home to be where You are. We can say the words "Even so come quickly Lord Jesus" and KNOW that it has real meaning to us RIGHT NOW! Woooohooooooo!!!!!!! Thanks Kevin for finding this in your studies and sharing with us - I LOVE IT!

King David was also born & died on Shavuot.

this is awesome...I think I am gong to go purchase the lost books of the bible..I have known about them since the 80's and was not sure about them...buit a few months ago my son gave reference from them and said they teach from them at school....

Thank you for sharing this Kevin....

Thanks everyone for your kind words. There are other books like the Epistle of Barnabas in the Lost Books collection that make reference to each day of the week representing a thousand year period of time, and that the 7th thousand years is the millenial reign of Christ. Also, in one of the books, Enoch is in heaven and reveals that he will return to earth as one of the two witnesses.

Kevin

Khog...

Thanks so much for your wonderful post. The last statement perked up my ears, so to speak...

Last night late, I was watching the older guy with the white taupe (well...he's in his late 70's to early 80's with a full head of hair????) OK, well, I'll continue. He said that nowhere in the Bible does it say that Elijah and Enoch are the two witnesses. We tend to think that maybe they are the ones because they went up into heaven and never died, but so will a host of Christians at the rapture.

Anyway...thought that little bit of news was interesting. Some say Moses, but I've always thought Enoch.

Good post. Thanks!

YBIC
Steve

Steve,

The book that speaks of Enoch and Elijah being the two witnesses is "The Gospel of Nicodemus". This passage that I will quote is happening just after Jesus was crucified, and he is releasing the saints of old from hades into Paradise.

The Gospel of Nicodemus
Chapter 20 verse 1-4

1. Then the Lord holding Adam by the hand, delivered him to Michael the archangel; and he led them into Paradise, filled with mercy and glory;
2. And two very ancient men met them, and were asked by the saints, Who are ye, who have not yet been with us in hell, and have had your bodies placed in Paradise?
3. One of them answering, said, I am Enoch, who was translated by the word of God; and this man who is with me is Elijah the Tishbite, who was translated in a fiery chariot.
4. Here we have hitherto been, and have not tasted death, but are now about to return at the coming of Antichrist, being armed with divine signs and miracles, to engage with him in battle, and to be slain by him at Jerusalem, and to be taken up alive again into the clouds, after three days and a half.

I hope this encourages all of you who have been wondering about the identity of the two witnesses.

Kevin

Kevin...

That answers two questions! One, who the two are and second, the timing of their coming. Some have said it's at the beginning of the 7 years and others say it's at the middle. I've always thought middle, but this is quite revealing!!! So they are killed just before the 2nd coming of the Lord!

Do you have any more tidbits to share???? Does it reveal when the 144,000 are being sealed and minister??? The timing for that is also of interest. I know that the angels are sent before the mark of the beast is given to warn those that take it, that they will burn, in the lake of fire, for eternity in the presence of God and His Holy angels, which is outside the gates of heaven. I don't really want to view that...thank you!

Keep on reading brother, then share!

Very, very good post Kevin. Thanks.

YBIC
Steve

Wow, Kevin, great post. I see you found the book of Enoch. I got a copy of it about 15 years and have found it absolutely amazing. Its relevance is confirmed in the book of Jude where the book of Enoch is mentioned and quoted.

I see you also found where it says Enoch was born and taken away on the 6th of Sivan. There are so many other wonderful revelations of angels and their abilities and knowledge as well as how the fallen angels influenced mankind for evil.

Tom

I think it falls on May 11 of this year?
Not long to wait.

Steve,

On the timing of the two witnesses, he says they return at the coming of the Antichrist, which to me, means they will arrive when the AC confirms the covenant at the beginning of the seven years. I have always believed that the two witnesses have their ministry for the first 3 1/2 years, and then they are killed and resurrected. Once they are resurrected, the last 3 1/2 years is full of God's wrath, and the Jews flee to Petra because of the Abomination of Desolation.

I don't have anymore tidbits concerning the 144,000 or anything. The Lost Books are definitely interesting, and they agree with scripture too.

Sivan 6 falls on the 19th of May this year. I'm watching every day for the day of our redemption, but Pentecost certainly seems possible.

Kevin

This is all very interesting! Wow Kevin, I sure hope you start posting more. I've always wondered if maybe those non-canonical books were excluded from the bible because they were only meant for those living in the very end of days.

Email: Armageddon.thru.to.you@gmail.com

Kevin...

I read that differently. They return to earth when the anti-christ appears. Not to heaven! Now it could always be halfway through the first half and into the second half, but I read that as a second half coming. The guy with the white hair (taupe) last night said the same. I believe that's when the 144000 will also be witnessing, but could be wrong on that.

Steve,

The reason I believe the two witnesses are here during the first 3 1/2 years is that it wouldn't make sense for them to come after the abomination of desolation has occured. It also would not make sense for them to be killed by the AC and resurrect just in time when Jesus and his saints return at the battle of armageddon to end the tribulation period. It just makes sense that they would come and minister to the world after we are raptured.

Kevin

Thanks Armageddon. I post here quite a bit, but I appreciate your kind words. The Lost Books have probably not been read by many people, because a lot of people don't know about them. I bought this book years ago, but I still find interesting things every time I read it.

Kevin

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com