Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Preach it Pastor Riley! ~Pentecost

Pentecost…..

By Pastor F. M. Riley

April 26, 2010

15 “And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be complete:

16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh Sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat [meal] offering unto the Lord.

17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven; they are the first fruits unto the Lord…………….

20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the first fruits for a wave offering before the Lord, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the Lord for the priest.”

Leviticus 23:15-22 [entire text]

Introduction

This Scripture text which informed the Jews living under the Mosiac Covenant HOW to calculate the day which was to be observed as Pentecost has not changed since the Lord gave it to Israel some 3,400 years ago. It still says the same thing today as it said back then.

Apparently some today have trouble reading this passage, for there is a debate among the Jews today which has also spread even into the ranks of Christianity, about the correct way to count the days leading up to the Day of Pentecost. By the way, the word “Pentecost” literally means “fifty.” It DOES NOT mean “100.”

It is quite obvious that following the resurrection of the Lord on firstfruits [the morrow after the first weekly Sabbath following Passover…Leviticus 23:9-11], the Lord was then seen of His disciples for FORTY DAYS. This is explicitly stated in Acts 1:3. Ten days later the Day of Pentecost occurred as recorded in Acts 2.

Do you know what this inspired record tells me? It tells me that I know how to correctly read Leviticus 23:15-22, and therefore I also know how to correctly calculate the day on which Pentecost will occur. Perhaps some Jews today and also some “gung-ho Christians” who have convinced themselves that the 50 day count begins AFTER the first 49 or 50 day count [that’s 100 days], should go back and review the resurrection of the Lord. It is quite obvious to anyone possessing spiritual discernment [only true believers…1 Corinthians 2:10-16] that the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ was an explicit fulfillment of the Jewish “first fruits” wave offering on “the morrow after the sabbath.”. Maybe such a review would then allow the Holy Spirit to teach them HOW TO READ. Maybe…?? Perhaps…??

The Morrow after the Sabbath

It is obvious that “the morrow after the sabbath” is Sunday, the first day of the week. It has always been Sunday. The weekly Sabbath Day of the Jews is on each Saturday of each week. It has always been on Saturday. Even today the weekly Jewish Sabbath Day still falls on Saturday. So anyone with a lick of sense ought to be able to understand that “the morrow after the Sabbath” is then Sunday, the first day of the week. Whooee! Isn’t that hard to grasp?

Why am I being sarcastic and laboring this point? Because I am sick and tired of people who claim to be “Christians” chasing after every silly theory that someone comes up with today. It appears that today there are some in the ranks of Christianity who are so insecure and lacking in “self esteem,” that they just have to find “something” in God’s Word that they can “re-interpret” in order to make them feel important and get their moment of “vain glory,” Galatians 5:26; Ephesians 5:6; Colossians 2:8; 1 Timothy 1:5-7; 6:20; 2 Timothy 2:16-18; Titus 1:10-11; 3:9.

The inspired warning of the Apostle Paul is still in God’s Word whether some today like it or not, “That we [believers] henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine [teaching; theory; opinion], by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive,” Ephesians 4:14. If you claim to be a “Christian,” then stay with what God’s Word actually and literally says and teaches, and not what some man would like to make it say and teach. Is that clear enough? The “morrow after the sabbath” is Sunday, the first day of the week!

Calculating Pentecost

Well guess what? If you look on the calendars for this year [2010], even the Jewish calendars, the Jews have the Day of Pentecost occurring on May 19th, which is Wednesday, right smack in the middle of the week. This date for Pentecost is Scripturally impossible, if one is going to stay with the inspired instructions given for calculating Pentecost set forth in Leviticus 23:15-22. Either some Jews don’t know how to count, or else they don’t pay any attention to or believe their own Scriptures. God have mercy!

Folks, no matter how you count, the Day of Pentecost always HAS TO OCCUR on Sunday. The inspired Scripture explicitly states that it occurs on “the morrow after the [weekly] sabbath.” It doesn’t take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to figure out that “the morrow after the sabbath” is Sunday, the first day of the week, and the same day the Lord Jesus Christ arose from the grave, [Matthew 28:1-10; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-8; John 20:1-18] perfectly fulfilling the prophetic type set forth in the “first fruits” offering” in Leviticus 23:9-14. Read 1 Corinthians 15:23 and believe what it says.

Therefore…..

In order to Scripturally calculate the correct date for Pentecost, we begin with the day of “first fruits” on the Jewish calendar. This year that date was April 4, 2010, the “morrow” after the weekly Jewish Sabbath following Passover.

Now if anyone wants to debate this date, then stand right in front of your bathroom mirror and just debate away with the person staring back at you. I have looked into the “mirror” of God’s Word, believed what it says, and know whereof I speak. The Jewish observance of “first fruits” fell on April 4th this year, and according to the inspired Word that is exactly where the count to calculate the correct date for Pentecost should begin.

Well guess what? If one begins on April 4th and counts 7 weekly Jewish sabbath days from that point, then “the morrow after the [seventh] sabbath” falls exactly on Sunday, May 23rd. Count it for yourself! I did! This is then the CORRECT AND SCRIPTURAL DATE for the Day of Pentecost in this year of 2010. Period!

What’s the Big Deal…??

Why am I going to such lengths to impress upon our readers the importance of this date this year? Let me demonstrate…..

MAY 23, 2010

May is the 5th month of the year on our Gentile calendar. “5” is the Bible number associated with “GRACE” all through the Scriptures.

The 23rd of May is the 23rd day of the month of May. Obvious! “23” is the Bible number associated with “death” all through the Scriptures. But…..by the GRACE of God we who are true believers have been delivered from death through placing our personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:4-10; 1 Peter 1:18-23.

2010 is the 10th year of this present century. “10” is the Bible number associated with “Law” all through the Scriptures. We believers are presently living in the “dispensation of grace,” [Ephesians 3:2], yet the careful student of Bible prophecy knows that seven more years of Law is staring Israel in the face RIGHT NOW, Daniel 9:24-27. There is no question in my mind that (1) the resurrection and rapture of the Lord’s New Testament believers will occur and (2) the final seven years of LAW for Israel will begin BEFORE this present year is completed. Glory to God! Praise the Lord!

All of these facts are important to God’s people [true believers], but just how important are they? Let’s put these numbers together and see…..

5th month plus 23rd day equals 28. “28” is the Bible number for “eternal life.” This is what we New Testament believers are going to enter into at the rapture. Glory!

5th month plus 23rd day plus 10th year equals 38. “38” is the Bible number for “righteousness.” This is what New Testament believers are going to experience when we receive our new “glorified” bodies at the rapture, made like unto the glorious body of the Son of God; that is, total and complete “righteousness” in both body and soul. Read Romans 7:18-25, 1 Corinthians 15:50-54, and Philippians 3:20-21. Rejoice and give glory to God! Hallelujah! But this isn’t all…..

Now let’s take the numbers themselves which are involved in this particular date and see what we can find…..

Here are the numbers I will use : 5 – 2 – 3 – 1 – 0 These are the numbers for the month, the day of the month, and the year of the century.

5 + 2 = 7 “7” is the Bible number for “completion; fulfillment; to complete or fulfill.” This number is often associated with the 7 years of the Tribulation which shall complete or bring to fulfillment the end of this present age.

5 + 2 + 3 = 10 I have already discussed the meaning of this number.

5 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 11 “11” is the Bible number for “judgment.” The swiftly approaching seven year Tribulation period is a time of judgment upon Israel and upon this present evil world.

5 + 2 + 3 + 10 = 20 “20” is the Bible number for “redemption,” which, in relation to the believer’s body, is exactly what we and all creation are waiting for RIGHT NOW, and which will occur for every true believer at the rapture. Read Romans 8:18-23, 2 Corinthians 5:1-5, and Colossians 3:1-4. Hallelujah! Give glory to God! I would also point out that “20” is the number for this present century. Coincidence? You decide!

This is still not all….. Now let’s do some multiplication…..

5 x 2 = 10 This number has already been discussed.

10 x 3 = 30 This is the Bible number for “blood.” Much blood is going to be shed during the coming Tribulation period.

30 x 20 (the century) = 600 This is the Bible number for “war; warfare; to go to war.” The Tribulation will be filled with one bloody war after another, Revelation 6:3-4.

600 x 10 = 6000 This is the Bible number marking the end of the 6th millennium or 6,000 years of human history or six days in God’s Great Week, 2 Peter 3:8. These 6,000 years are brought to an end by the 7 years of the Tribulation period which is staring humanity in the face RIGHT NOW.

Conclusion

Folks, is the way all of these numbers involved in May 23, 2010, the SCRIPTURAL Jewish Day of Pentecost, just “coincidence?” Or….is it “possible” the Lord is trying to tell His people something? Something very meaningful and important to us? Is this possible? Think about it!

We believers who consider ourselves to be serious “watchmen” [Mark 13:35-37] have carefully “watched” each of the past two years, hoping and praying for the coming of our Lord on the Jewish Day of Pentecost. But it didn’t happen!

This doesn’t change the fact that there is abundant Scriptural reasons to believe that the Day of Pentecost could very well be the day that the resurrection and rapture of all true New Testament believers could occur and the Tribulation period could begin on the earth.

Due to the many “signs” clearly predicted in the prophetic Scriptures, including “signs” given by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, which have appeared in these past two years and are still appearing daily as I write, this coming Day of Pentecost appears to be more favorable for the coming of our Lord to rapture His people to glory than at any time in the past. Praise the Lord. Glory to God! Hallelujah!

Will the Lord then appear in glory to receive His people to Himself on this coming Day of Pentecost, May 23rd, 2010? I DO NOT KNOW! Further, I make no claim of knowing! Is this statemen plain enough for all of the critics in the ranks of Christianity today who are scared to death of “those terrible date setters”? Sic!

However, just because I do not know does not mean that I am going to sit on my pious, apathetic, Laodicean behind, refuse to study the prophecies, refuse to “watch” as the Lord explicitly told every single believer to do [Mark 13:35-37], refuse to warn the lost [and the saved] of the shortness of time, and just spend my time enjoying the “abundant life” until the Lord does come. God have mercy!

Rather, during these next THIRTY DAYS I am going to seek to draw closer to my Savior than I have ever been, and to lay my entire time, money, effort, SELF AND LIFE on the altar of sacrifice as I seek to reach and warn every lost soul who will listen to me that their time to be saved is running out with every tick of the clock. It is NOW OR NEVER to reach the lost for Christ. Where, dear brothers and sisters, will your lost loved ones, friends, and neighbors spend eternity? The next THIRTY DAYS could very well answer that question. DO YOU CARE? DO YOU REALLY CARE…..???

Then get serious about living for and serving the Lord…!!!

<<<<<<< O >>>>>>>

NOTICE: Permission is granted to any true believer or Bible believing Christian ministry to reproduce this study to share with others [PLEASE DO SO] as the Lord leads.

I WANT TO THANK every reader who has helped make this ministry possible over these many years by your prayers and financial support. May your reward be great in glory, and may Heaven reveal the precious souls that are there because you cared enough to help us send forth the truth of God’s Word.

Please address all comments, questions, and correspondence to: Pastor F. M. Riley, Last Call Gospel Ministry, 184 County Road 108, Harrisburg, Missouri 65256.

My email address is: fmrglbd5@yahoo.com or fmr7sngn@centurylink.net

<<<<<<< O >>>>>>>

Re: Preach it Pastor Riley! ~Pentecost

AMEN MELANIE!

This is great, Melanie. Thanks.

5th month plus 23rd day equals 28. “28” is the Bible number for “eternal life.” This is what we New Testament believers are going to enter into at the rapture. Glory

The "28" number meaning is still the reason I think that the 4.0 quake that was 28 miles from Corpus Christi (body of Christ) was very meaningful in regard to the rapture. Charity has also posted rapture signs connected to this number. It is important to pay attention to this number 28 - it has very special meaning - ETERNAL LIFE!

Melanie,

Thanks for posting Pastor Riley's message...He is so informative. He is a master when it comes to writing messages on the endtimes. I have been reading his messages since 1988...I hope he is right along with others that think Pentecost might be the day. Not too long to wait!!!

Texas Sue, I agree, number 28 has a very important meaning..I have heard it is Jesus' number.

MARANATHA...Virginia

MARANATHA..Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

EXCELLENT! THANK YOU SO MUCH SWEET MELANIE!

A SHOUT OUT TO PASTOR RILEY FOR HIS GOOD WORK!

Ditto!!! to all of the above posts, for I couldn't have said it any better myself.

QUESTION:

Pentecost would be a wonderful time for the Lord's return, however, I am curious as to why the Pentecost date that Pastor Riley submits is based on the current Jewish date.

I'm sure that date is not the same date that was experienced when the church was formed. Why would we associate that date with the current Jewish calendar date for Pentecost?

Am I off on this or what? I would think the church would have their own special date for Pentecost. And, wouldn't it be easy to figure what date that would be?

Not meaning to be argumentative - just curious and something I've thought about.

Any insight on this?

Email: sweetbyandbyx2@yahoo.com

Judith
QUESTION:

Pentecost would be a wonderful time for the Lord's return, however, I am curious as to why the Pentecost date that Pastor Riley submits is based on the current Jewish date.

I'm sure that date is not the same date that was experienced when the church was formed. Why would we associate that date with the current Jewish calendar date for Pentecost?

Am I off on this or what? I would think the church would have their own special date for Pentecost. And, wouldn't it be easy to figure what date that would be?

Not meaning to be argumentative - just curious and something I've thought about.

Any insight on this?

Hi Judith~ let's see if I can help answer your question in some way. From what I've learned, a certain Jewish sect some time back decided arbitrarily to set the date of Pentecost (Shavout) to Sivan 6, which would then fall on a different day of the week depending on the year. However, this in not the Biblical way to designate Pentecost, according to Leviticus, which puts the day of Pentecost as a floating date~ to ALWAYS be determined once the Sunday (morrow after the Sabbath) of Nissan 17 (Firstfruits) was established. THEN counting seven weeks of seven days to equal 49 PLUS 1= 50/ The Day of Shavout. It then always falls on a SUNDAY, as the Lord intended.

Thus, it is not always Sivan 6th (although I believe that several important Pentecosts have fallen on that very date, it is not the date that is important, rather the Feast DAY).

Hope that helps! Maybe someone smarter can add more on this!

Melanie
Judith
QUESTION:

Any insight on this?

Hi Judith~ let's see if I can help answer your question in some way. From what I've learned, a certain Jewish sect some time back decided arbitrarily to set the date of Pentecost (Shavout) to Sivan 6, which would then fall on a different day of the week depending on the year. However, this in not the Biblical way to designate Pentecost, according to Leviticus, which puts the day of Pentecost as a floating date~ to ALWAYS be determined once the Sunday (morrow after the Sabbath) of Nissan 17 (Firstfruits) was established. THEN counting seven weeks of seven days to equal 49 PLUS 1= 50/ The Day of Shavout. It then always falls on a SUNDAY, as the Lord intended.

Thus, it is not always Sivan 6th (although I believe that several important Pentecosts have fallen on that very date, it is not the date that is important, rather the Feast DAY).

Hope that helps! Maybe someone smarter can add more on this!

Thank you Melanie and Scruggers for your response.

I'm still confused, however.

Here's what I question......

Why is the Levitical standard for Pentecost the same standard for the Church? In other words, we have already established a permanent date for our Pentecost when the church was formed. Wouldn't that date (50 days after the resurrection) be the most appropriate date - our "Birthday" date? It would be easy to figure what that day would be - wouldn't it?

Thanks again.

what really makes it difficult is that God may honor either date?

Rabbinic = May 19th
Biblical = May 23rd

who can tell?

The Mystery Date of Pentecost

Email: scuggers1@gmail.com

Judith~ it seems you have actually anwered your own question!

Indeed: Jesus rose on Firstfuits (Nissan 17) and 50 days later from that very day (a Sunday) was Pentecost~ the day the Holy Spirit descended upon those in the upper room! See? Excited now~

Melanie
Judith~ it seems you have actually anwered your own question!

Indeed: Jesus rose on Firstfuits (Nissan 17) and 50 days later from that very day (a Sunday) was Pentecost~ the day the Holy Spirit descended upon those in the upper room! See? Excited now~

Yes, I get it. Thanks!

I'm looking for the "dunce" cap.

Melanie,

it sounds like she wants a gregorian date to pin it on; like Dec 25th?

In that case we would determine the actual year that it happened and pin it to that date as a fixed date in time.

I can do it but it will take some time because the calendars are corrupt.

between me and Rood we can get there. want me to or not?

Oh, I see what your saying here scuggars~

You know, I was just thinking about that, too. But I don't see the relevence to the gregorian date that that particular pentecost fell on as the deciding factor, however. Seems to me, Jesus could have decided on any day of the year for the Holy Spirit to fall on the disciples and thus establish His Church. However, I think the picture He wants us to see is that He chose a Jewish feast day for this event as a TYPE and SHADOW and FUFILLMENT; and I do believe He intends to follow that type, i.e. I am looking for Him to continue to fulfill certain events on future feast days and not just 'dates', if you understand what I mean!

JMO !

June 20th, 28 C.E.

This is Rood's date but he says 3rd month, 8th day?

I get 4th month, 8th day, falls on a Sunday!!

so now we have,

Rabbinic = May 19th, 2010
Biblical = May 23rd, 2010, a Sunday
New fixed = June 20th, 2010, a Sunday

so many dates; so little time

If we go by the new fixed date we would have to begin Omer counting again...

Time until Sunday, June 20, 2010 (Jerusalem time)

come to think of it; somewhere I remember reading about June 20th. It's the last day of spring before the summer solstice!

scuggers
Melanie,

it sounds like she wants a gregorian date to pin it on; like Dec 25th?

In that case we would determine the actual year that it happened and pin it to that date as a fixed date in time.

I can do it but it will take some time because the calendars are corrupt.

between me and Rood we can get there. want me to or not?

Okay, okay! "Gregorian date"???? Oh boy, here we go again!

I thought the O'Riley date WAS the Julian date.

If not the Julian then what is it?

Here's my thinking and P L E A S E don't give up on me - I really want to understand this......

If Jesus rose again on the 17th of March - then 50 days would be May 6 or May 23, depending on where you begin you count on the March calendar - right?
And that would be based on the Julian calendar. What's the difference between the Julian and the gregorian calendar?

Hi Judith,

All I know is that the Gregorian calendar replaced the Julian calendar. Not sure when or what date.

The point is neither of these calendars match the Creator's calendar!

May 23rd, Sunday, 2010 is the correct day for Pentecost.
If you wanted a fixed day for every year, it would be June 20th, but it wouldn't always fall on a Sunday!

Hope this clears it up. I suggest using Michael Rood's calendar for determining dates from now on!

regards,
Tom

scuggers
If we go by the new fixed date we would have to begin Omer counting again...

Time until Sunday, June 20, 2010 (Jerusalem time)

Please, don't use this date. I wanted to delete this post after I though about it but it was too late!

May 23rd, 2010 is the proper Biblical date for this year! Next year will be different! It was never supposed to land on the same day every year!

Scuggers is 2nd First Fruits and Pentecost both 5-23 this year?

2HH,

I just received my Rood calendar in the mail today!
wow, this is totally awesome!

anyway, If I am counting correctly, 2nd Firstfruits would be on June 13th or June 20th, both Sundays.

Today is 2nd Passover.
If I had a scanner I could copy it but he will post it in a few days.

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com