<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is GREECE the first country? Recall Wilkerson's prophecy? MAY 19?

Wilkerson's message said "very soon," so I don't know how soon that was supposed to be. I understand this message to have been given in the early 90's? It would be less than 20 years.

Article about Greece:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_europe_financial_crisis

(Interesting...I've seen early Greece and the happenings with it in the OT compared to modern-day U.S. It's also interesting that the article mentions May 19. I suppose this would be the date that their loans go into default? See below.)

Anyway, here it is Wilkerson's message:

(This compilation is from www.americaslastdays.com)

David Wilkerson's Economic Vision
Key Points to Remember About this Vision:

From the time the first country goes down, you'll have two weeks to get your money out of the bank.
America will come through this crisis---there will be a restoration.
But the nation will never be like it was before...
God is saying: Get our lives straight..Get rid of the idols...Seek the face of God in holiness...
God will be a wall of fire about you...And the glory in the midst of you!

It's about to happen---very soon, one nation, and I'm speaking prophetically--if I've ever heard anything from God in my life, I heard it ... Very soon a European or North African or Eastern nation is going to default on its international loan and when that happens, within two weeks, Mexico is going to default. Mexico owes $100 billion ---80% of it to American banks---and here's what is going to happen: about two weeks after the first country goes bankrupt, (we're going to survive that, because most of that (money of the first country) is owed to European banks---German, Swiss and French banks) but a second country is going to go down, probably Argentina or Brazil, and we'll kind of live that down and say: "Well, maybe it's not going to hurt," but two weeks after the first country goes down, Mexico's going to default on $100 billion.

And when the banks open the next day at 9 in the morning, $15 billion an hour is going to be withdrawn from our American banks -they're going to be running our banks---the Arabs---all the Latin American countries, they're going to be running our banks--and before the day is over, the U.S.A is going to have to declare a "bank holiday."

SIX MONTHS OF HORROR:

And we're going into six months of the worst hell America has ever seen---there's going to be chaos---not even the National Guard's going to be able to quiet it down---we're going to have to call out the whole U.S. Army.

Now I've had visions recently, for I've been in New York City and I was in Macy's in a vision, and I saw people walking around stunned because they couldn't get their money out of the bank.

Now I'm going to give you a word of advice, the first country goes bankrupt---I've documented this and I've got it sealed in an envelope, and I'm going to call all my friends and I'm telling you---this is the first time I've said it in a public meeting like this---but the first country that bellies up, you go get every dime you have---church get your money out of the bank--because there's going to be a 'bank holiday' and you won't be able to get a dime for six months. Now, of course, there's going to be -restored, but the nation will never be like it is again.

There's going to be fear like we've never known---judgment at the door. When I was at Macy's Dept. store in a vision and I watched people walking around stunned, they didn't know what to do, they didn't know what was happening; then a bunch of people walked into Macy's and suddenly went wild and began to steal and within an hour everybody---I saw the spirit of everybody in the store---they were robbing and stealing---they raped Macy's and destroyed five floors---Macy's was raped and ruined in a period of an hour or two.

That's just the beginning. Folks it's all in this book (the bible) ---we've been warned and warned and warned---you can't tell me God hasn't warned us. You can't tell me God isn't saying something awesome here tonight in this church...we better get our prayer life straightened up, our lives straightened up, get rid of the idols, as Paul writes, and seeking the face of God in holiness or you're not going to be ready for what's coming. God's warning, get ready and you'll not fear these things that come onto you and you'll start rejoicing, you'll not be afraid because your hands will be clean. You've been praying and God's building a wall of fire around you to keep you."

We'd like to teach you a song about God's protection. It goes like this.: "There's a wall of fire around me...There's a wall of fire between my soul and the enemy. There's a wall of fire that you can't see...Between my soul and the enemy. There's a wall of fire around me. May it be so with us all..."

In Christ,

Mike

Email: mike@christark.org

Re: Is GREECE the first country? Recall Wilkerson's prophecy? MAY 19?

CONTAGION - What CONTAGION??

-by Andrew Strom.

The US Stockmarket was down over 200 points today. Why?

Because of the "contagion" occurring in Europe. Most of you will have heard in the last two weeks of the Greek Debt crisis. Well - it is spreading. Even though there is claimed to be a "bailout"

for Greece in the works, the markets are taking their own action, and seemingly mass 'contagion' into other nations is underway.

The nations most at risk are Portugal - then Spain - then Ireland, Italy and maybe U.K. Nobody knows how bad it will get. But it is already pretty bad.

For months we have stated that "another wave down" is coming in the economy. Could this be the cause? Clearly - yes. Or perhaps it is something else. Certainly, this one is big enough to do it.

Today, S & P cut Greece's debt ratings to "junk" status and also downgraded its rating on Portugal's debt by two notches. This makes it much harder for them to borrow. Already this crisis grows worse every day. Some analysts even say it could break up the Eurozone. Certainly, "contagion" from country to country to country is already underway.

As one equity strategist told MarketWatch today, "This is a Western European country that has the euro imploding before our eyes. If you don't think that has a ripple effect, you belong in the summer of '07 again."

The Telegraph's International Business Editor wrote today: "The European Central Bank may soon have to invoke emergency powers to prevent the disintegration of Southern European bond markets, with ominous signs of investor flight from Spain and Italy."

Today, yields on 10-year Greek bonds spiked up to a record 9.73pc.

Yields on 10-year Portuguese bonds spiked 48 basis points to 5.67pc, replicating the pattern seen in the onset of the Greek crisis.

Jacques Cailloux, chief Europe economist at the Royal bank of Scotland told the Telegraph: “We have gone past the point of no

return: there is a complete loss of confidence. The bond markets are in disintegration and it is getting worse every day."

“They may have to act as contagion spreads to larger countries such as Italy, and we started to see the first glimpse of that today,”

he said. The interest rate on a €9.5bn (£8,2bn) issue of Italian notes jumped to 0.814pc, up from 0.568pc in March. Italy has the world’s third biggest debt in absolute terms.' [- www.telegraph.co.uk ]

Greece is one thing, but once the crisis reaches big countries like Spain and Italy - which it already seems to be starting to do - then it could easily become a global Tsunami. I have heard that David Wilkerson prophesied years ago about a coming "Debt default" by a nation causing a huge financial storm. It is still too early to tell if this is it. But certainly the "Great Recession" is not over yet.

A time to pray and prepare, my friends.

This topic is being discussed at the following website-

http://www.JohntheBaptistTV.com/

We have also added our "14 Predictions" there for discussion too.

God bless you all.

Andrew Strom.

--

YES! - You have permission to post these emails to friends or other groups, boards, etc - unless there is something different written in the Copyright notice above.

To subscribe, please send a 'subscribe' email to- prophetic@revivalschool.com

See our website and discussion board-

http://www.revivalschool.com

Interesting that the Wilkerson article mentions six months. Sandy Armstrong mentioned six months and six months from this May is a date that others have mentioned as the start of the trib., even the secular web bot project.

The clues are all coming so fast now - Wow!

Email: Armageddon.thru.to.you@gmail.com

According to this article published today: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE63P28820100428

"The next few days will be crucial. How fast a deal on the 40-45 billion euros aid package on offer from euro zone states and the International Monetary Fund can be reached and what conditions are attached will be key to avoid a default when 8.5 billion euros in debt mature on May 19."

So Greece has 8.5 billion euros in debt maturing on May 19. The IMF is working on formulating a "deal" to avoid default of that debt.

Hmmmmm, May 19 again!

Come Lord Jesus! We just want to be with You!

Greek debt crisis spreading 'like Ebola' and Europe must act now, OECD warns
The Greek debt crisis is spreading “like Ebola” and Europe must act now to protect the stability the financial markets, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development.

Published: 11:46AM BST 28 Apr 2010

The Greek debt crisis is spreading like Ebola and Europe must act quickly, the OECD warned. “It’s not a question of the danger of contagion; contagion has already happened,” OECD secretary general Angel Gurria said.

“This is like Ebola. When you realise you have it you have to cut your leg off in order to survive,” he added, saying the crisis is "threatening the stability of the financial system".
Alistair Darling, the Chancellor, called for Eurozone countries to "urgently" agree a bail-out for Greece or risk a further decline in stock market confidence.

Mr Darling said it was "absolutely essential" that Greece's problems were sorted out "quickly, effectively and decisively", following a torrid 24 hours for world markets.

Asked on LBC Radio about the drop in the FTSE on Tuesday, the Chancellor said stock markets rise and fall but added: "That's my argument about the situation in Greece – we have got to make sure that it gets sorted out.

"But the primary responsibilities are for the other members of the euro group.

"They know that they have got to sort it out. They have promised money, and what I would say is they need to make that money available as soon as possible."

He added: "If we can sort out the problems in Greece quickly, then that will make people more confident."

The crisis in Greece sent stock markets and the euro reeling for a second day as fears grew that it would not be able pay its debts.

A widespread stock market sell-off was triggered on Tuesday when ratings agency Standard & Poor's cut Greek debt to junk status, while a downgrade to Portugal reignited worries about a growing eurozone crisis.

As the European Union said that it would hold an emergency summit on Greece, the Frankfurt stock market slid 1.93pc and Paris 2.16pc in midmorning trading.

London's FTSE 100 fell 1pc, one day after suffering its biggest one-day loss since November. Lisbon tumbled 6pc and Madrid fell 3pc, while Athens was down 1.69pc after heavy recent losses.

"Any hope that the Greek issue was finally coming under control took a huge blow yesterday with the country's sovereign debt being downgraded to junk," said Ben Potter, an analysts at IG Markets.

Downgrades unsettle investors

The debt crisis also unsettled Asian markets, with Tokyo dropping 2.6pc and Hong Kong 1.3pc.

Wall Street shed 1.9pc overnight, with the Dow Jones index finishing under the symbolic 11,000-point level.

"The downgrading of Portuguese and Greek debt has spooked investors, as there is a very real fear that other European countries could be downgraded too," said Owen Ireland, an analyst at ODL Securities.

In the foreign exchange market on Wednesday, the European single currency hit a new one-year dollar low. The euro plunged to 1.3143 dollars – last seen in April 2009 – as traders fretted over a debt crisis that could spread to other nations such as Portugal, Spain, Italy and Ireland.

Bond yields reflect default fears

In bond market trade on Wednesday, the yield on 10-year Greek sovereign bonds soared to 11.076pc, the highest 10-year level ever recorded in the eurozone, after 9.73pc on Tuesday.

"The S&P downgrades to Portugal and Greece brought a fresh bout of fears to equity and credit markets alike, with concerns over contagion effects continuing to rise," said Deidre Ryan, an analysis at Goodbody's stockbrokers.

"Along with the spike in peripheral euro-area bond yields, the euro also continues to weaken, falling below the $1.32 level to its lowest level in a year."

Debt-laden Greece has appealed for emergency loans totalling €45bn from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.

The funds would be made available on condition that Greece implemented tough austerity measures, currently the subject of talks with the EU and the IMF.

Emergency summit

In response the latest news, the European Union has called an emergency summit on Greece, with eurozone leaders set to meet next month.

EU President Herman Van Rompuy said leaders from the 16 nations using the single currency would meet in Brussels "by around May 10" to try to agree how to set up a massive rescue operation.

Speaking in Tokyo, Mr Van Rompuy said there was "no question" of Greece defaulting.

Greek strikes

Across in Athens on Wednesday, strikes and protests erupted as its crisis-hit economy reeled from another scathing downgrade of its debt and the stock exchange took emergency measures to deter speculators.

Amid a growing recession, a general strike has been called for May 5 against austerity cuts that the government is enforcing to slash the rampant public deficit and debt worth nearly €300bn.

Oil prices also sank on Wednesday, shaken by the Greek crisis and the strong US currency, which makes dollar-priced crude more expensive for foreign buyers.
-------------------------------------------------

Spain downgraded, Europe debt crisis widens
Germany says aid for Greece could be passed by May 7

Juergen Baetz, Associated Press Writer, On Wednesday April 28, 2010, 12:03 pm
BERLIN (AP) -- Europe's debt crisis flared again Wednesday as Spain saw its credit rating lowered, just as Germany sought to reassure markets fearful over a possible Greek financial collapse by saying its share of a key aid package could be approved in the next few days.

Stock and bond markets had begun to regain their composure caused by stinging downgrades of Greece and Portugal the day before when the Standard & Poors ratings agency delivered more bad news by cutting Spain's rating to AA from AA+.

The agency said Spain's growth prospects were weak after the collapse of a credit-fuelled housing and construction bubble. The downgrade raises the ominous prospect of market contagion hitting another countrys' finances.

Spain's economy is much larger than that of Greece or Portugal and many think it's simply too big to bail out if it gets into serious trouble, as Greece has, by facing unsustainable costs to borrow money on bond markets.

"We now believe that the Spanish economy's shift away from credit-fuelled economic growth is likely to result in a more protracted period of sluggish activity than we previously assumed," Standard & Poor's credit analyst Marko Mrsnik said.

The announcement came after a day of market drops and turmoil following the downgrades of Greece -- to junk status -- and Portugal. Markets had been looking for a clear word from Germany that it would contribute its part of a Greek bailout package.

Greece has said it can't pay debts coming due May 19 without euro45 billion ($59.8 billion) in bailout loans from the countries that use the euro as well as the International Monetary Fund, raising worries that the country is on the verge of financial collapse. But Germany, which would be the biggest single contributor with some euro8.4 billion, has insisted that Greece agree to a lasting austerity plan before it will approve its share of support.

Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said Wednesday that Germany could have its contribution to a Greek bailout package approved by parliament by the end of next week -- the first solid timeline from Berlin aimed at easing the uncertainty that Greece might not get the money in time.

Schaeuble said that Germany was sticking to its insistence that Greece commit to new austerity measures in talks with the International Monetary Fund and the European Union, but that those could be concluded by this weekend.

If so, he said Germany's support measures could be brought to lawmakers Monday and fast-tracked to be approved by May 7, next Friday.

"The stability of the euro is at stake. And we're determined to defend this stability as a whole," Schaeuble said following talks with IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn and European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet.

Strauss-Kahn and Trichet both stressed necessity for a speedy passage of the aid package for Greece.

"The faster, the better. Every day that is lost, the situation is getting worse," Strauss-Kahn said.

Trichet and Strauss-Kahn both said negotiations with the Greek government should be concluded by this weekend."I'm confident," Trichet said.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said later that as soon as Greece wraps up negotiations, then Germany can go ahead with its approval of financial help.

"Germany will make its contribution but Greece has to make its contribution," she said.

Strauss-Kahn sought to allay fears that the money would never be seen again, telling reporters that "there is no program from the IMF that hasn't been repaid."

"It is not helping for nothing, it is a loan that will be repaid," he said before sitting down for talks with Merkel. "That is why this program has to be credible."

In his earlier comments, Strauss-Kahn would not confirm reports that he had told German lawmakers Greece may need between euro100 and euro120 billion over the next three years, saying he would not comment on any figures as long as negotiations in Athens are still under way.

Schaeuble also declined to comment on the reports. He said the euro zone countries had made the decision to assist Greece in the three coming years, but only agreed on an aid package fort the first year as of now.

Strauss-Kahn also made it clear that the austerity measures will be difficult for Greece.

"It will take time. I don't want to hide it behind a rosy picture. It's not easy. It's difficult," Strauss-Kahn said.

Speaking during a cabinet meeting Wednesday, Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou said that every EU member must "prevent the fire that intensified through the international crisis from spreading to the entire European and global economy."

Papandreou insisted Greece was determined to bring its economy into order.

"We will show that we do not run away. In difficult times we can perform -- and we are performing -- miracles," he said, adding that "our government is determined to correct a course that has been followed for decades in a very short time."

In the meantime, stocks sagged and markets sold off Greek bonds with a vengeance. Investors appeared to anticipate Athens would eventually have to default or restructure its debt payments at some point even if the bailout gets it past May 19, when it has debt coming due.

A key indicator of risk -- the interest rate gap, or spread between Greek 10-year bonds and the benchmark German equivalent -- narrowed Wednesday afternoon to 5.9 percentage points after hitting an astonishing 9.63 percentage points, a massive jump from around 6.4 percentage points on Tuesday. The bigger the spread, the greater the fear Greece will default.

Authorities in Athens halted short-selling of stocks for two months, helping the exchange finally climb after a five-day losing streak. The ban will remain in force until June 28.

It closed up 0.63 percent at 1,707.35.

In Lisbon, Portugal's Prime Minister Jose Socrates and the leader of the main opposition party agreed on measures to help steer the country out of a financial crisis that threatens to engulf the euro zone's poorest member. The pair held emergency talks Wednesday as the Lisbon stock market recorded steep losses for a second straight day.

Socrates said, after the meeting, that the government and opposition would work together.

"We are ready to do whatever it takes to meet our budget targets," he said.

Still, the specter of the contagion spreading was prevalent.

"There is a very serious risk of contagion, it's something like post-Lehman period. Everybody is panicking and there is a lot of fear in the market," Nicholas Skourias, chief investment officer at Pegasus Securities in Athens told AP Television News. He was referring to the 2008 collapse of U.S. investment bank Lehman Brothers, which sped up the world financial crisis.

"I think that today we will have a lot of pressure as well because there is this fear of contagion."

Spain downgraded, Europe debt crisis widens
Germany says aid for Greece could be passed by May 7

Buzz up! Print..Topics:International.
A protester holds handcuffs during an anti-government demonstration staged by civil servants outside the Greek Parliament in Athens, Tuesday, April 27, 2010. Greece's debt crisis intensified Tuesday as its credit rating cut to junk status. (AP Photo/Marita Pappa)
Juergen Baetz, Associated Press Writer, On Wednesday April 28, 2010, 12:39 pm
BERLIN (AP) -- Europe's debt crisis mushroomed Wednesday as Spain saw its credit rating lowered, just as Germany sought to reassure nervous investors that Greece would not be allowed to go under, saying Berlin's share of a key aid package could be approved in the next few days.

Stock and bond markets had begun to regain their composure after stinging downgrades of Greece and Portugal the day before, when Standard & Poors delivered more bad news by cutting Spain's rating to AA from AA+ amid concerns about the country's growth prospects following the collapse of a construction bubble.

"We now believe that the Spanish economy's shift away from credit-fuelled economic growth is likely to result in a more protracted period of sluggish activity than we previously assumed," Standard & Poor's credit analyst Marko Mrsnik said.

Spain is considered the key to whether Europe's debt crisis can be resolved -- its economy is much larger than that of Greece and Portugal and -- many in the markets postulate -- may be just too big to bail out if it gets into serious trouble.

Though its overall debt burden is fairly modest at around 53 percent of national income, the country is running a high budget deficit and has done less than others to get a handle on its public finances.

"Given its lack of competitiveness and the grim outlook for domestic demand the government will need to announce further fiscal measures if it is to make serious inroads into the deficit," said Ben May, European economist at Capital Economics. "Today's announcement may increase the pressure on it to do this sooner rather than later."

The announcement came after a day of market drops and turmoil following the downgrades of Greece -- to junk status -- and Portugal. Markets had been looking for a clear word from Germany that it would contribute its part of a Greek bailout package.

The clock is ticking -- Greece has to pay off some euro8.5 billion worth of debts by May 19, but cannot raise the money in the markets given current sky-high borrowing costs.

That means it needs its 15 partners in the eurozone and the International Monetary Fund to cough up the money promised earlier this month but Germany has been playing hardball about releasing its euro8.4 billion share of the euro45 billion package largely because of domestic opposition.

Germany's finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said Wednesday that Europe's biggest economy could have its contribution approved by parliament by the end of next week -- that's the first solid timeline from Berlin aimed at easing the uncertainty that Greece might not get the money in time.

Schaeuble said that if talks with Greece and the IMF are concluded by this weekend, Germany's support measures could be brought to lawmakers Monday and fast-tracked to be approved by May 7, next Friday.

"The stability of the euro is at stake. And we're determined to defend this stability as a whole," Schaeuble said following talks with IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn and European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet.

Chancellor Angela Merkel stressed that Germany was still insisting Greece commit to cutbacks. German assistance for Greece is unpopular with the German public and Merkel faces key regional elections May 9.

"Germany will make its contribution but Greece has to make its contribution," she said.

Strauss-Kahn would not confirm reports that he had told German lawmakers Greece may need between euro100 and euro120 billion over the next three years, saying he would not comment on any figures as long as negotiations in Athens are still under way.

Speaking during a cabinet meeting Wednesday, Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou said that every EU member must "prevent the fire that intensified through the international crisis from spreading to the entire European and global economy."

Papandreou insisted Greece was determined to bring its economy into order.

"We will show that we do not run away. In difficult times we can perform -- and we are performing -- miracles," he said, adding that "our government is determined to correct a course that has been followed for decades in a very short time."

In the meantime, stocks sagged and markets sold off Greek bonds with a vengeance. Investors appeared to anticipate Athens would eventually have to default or restructure its debt payments at some point even if the bailout gets it past May 19, when it has debt coming due.

A key indicator of risk -- the interest rate gap, or spread between Greek 10-year bonds and the benchmark German equivalent -- narrowed Wednesday afternoon to 5.9 percentage points after hitting an astonishing 9.63 percentage points, a massive jump from around 6.4 percentage points on Tuesday. The bigger the spread, the greater the fear Greece will default.

Authorities in Athens halted short-selling of stocks for two months, helping the exchange finally climb after a five-day losing streak. The ban will remain in force until June 28.

It closed up 0.63 percent at 1,707.35.

In Lisbon, Portugal's Prime Minister Jose Socrates and the leader of the main opposition party agreed on measures to help steer the country out of a financial crisis that threatens to engulf the euro zone's poorest member. The pair held emergency talks Wednesday as the Lisbon stock market recorded steep losses for a second straight day.

Socrates said, after the meeting, that the government and opposition would work together.

"We are ready to do whatever it takes to meet our budget targets," he said.

Still, the specter of the contagion spreading was prevalent.

"There is a very serious risk of contagion, it's something like post-Lehman period. Everybody is panicking and there is a lot of fear in the market," Nicholas Skourias, chief investment officer at Pegasus Securities in Athens told AP Television News. He was referring to the 2008 collapse of U.S. investment bank Lehman Brothers, which sped up the world financial crisis.

"I think that today we will have a lot of pressure as well because there is this fear of contagion."

Associated Press Writers Verena Schmitt-Roschmann, Melissa Eddy and David Rising in Berlin, Barry Hatton in Lisbon, Nicholas Paphitis and AP Television Producer Nathalie Rendevski Savaricas in Athens contributed to this report.

Hi Bros and Sis's on RITA, may I first say I do
see what is up or on in the EU with the PIGS-Portugal,
Spain, Ireland, Greece, and its bad. Name given by
financial news writers in Europe.

However, as for David Wilkerson, don't any of you
recall the crisis with Mexico has already happened,
and it spread to Souh America, back in the 90's ? It
has already gone down, and not the way Mr Wilkerson
described it. It was very heavy, IN Mexico.

Moving along, back in 1973 I visited friends in Dallas
Texas ( Yay Texas ) and one of the students at Christ
For The Nations ( Good folks ) had a new copy of a
tape by David Wilkerson ( fresh 1st edition, not the
later edition with DELETED ITEMS removed ) of The
Vision. Yes its that old, almost 40 years. I was very intrigued by the contents of the tape ! One of
the important issues on the tape was the matter of the
then New Charismatic Renewal and its making great
impact within the Catholic Church. Mr Wilkerson said
plainly: " Any day now the Pope is going to come out
and take a stand AGAINST it." He was emphatic in how
it was expressed.

Sure enough, with two years the current Pope during
the time " The Vision " was being set forth, came out
and took a stand.......FOR IT ! He embraced The Renewal as it was popularly called. Hmmmmmm.......it
looks like TILT to me as to the accuracy of the man's
vision, TILT.

Moving along again, A book version of The Vision was
published, I used to have one, kept it for reference
because of its popularity, and because of the TILT
items in it. NO MENTION of the Charismatic Renewal
matter with the Catholics and the Pope. Some folks
reference this book from time to time, but I have not
since 1973 heard a reference to the tape out that year
and there after.

So here is my nickels worth on Mr Wilkerson's words.
No offense meant to anyone, just telling what I do
very clearly remember.

Blessing to the RITA Folks,

Dewey

Email: jmcdudes@hotmail.com

Hi Dewey, Here is a thought for you, prayer can change things! I think that Mr. Wilkerson and others that have visions and put out these warnings are speaking on behalf of God, however, circumstances can change through our prayer and heeding these warnings!

I think that our lack of understanding of God and His ways, and especially in the area of prophecy has created a big misunderstanding in the church. I have always been very naive on the subject, even though I think this may be one of my spiritual gifts!

We just are not as wise as we think that we are but thankfully God is still in control. Amen!

Hi Bros and Sis's on RITA, may I first say I do
see what is up or on in the EU with the PIGS-Portugal,
Spain, Ireland, Greece, and its bad. Name given by
financial news writers in Europe.

However, as for David Wilkerson, don't any of you
recall the crisis with Mexico has already happened,
and it spread to Souh America, back in the 90's ? It
has already gone down, and not the way Mr Wilkerson
described it. It was very heavy, IN Mexico.

Moving along, back in 1973 I visited friends in Dallas
Texas ( Yay Texas ) and one of the students at Christ
For The Nations ( Good folks ) had a new copy of a
tape by David Wilkerson ( fresh 1st edition, not the
later edition with DELETED ITEMS removed ) of The
Vision. Yes its that old, almost 40 years. I was very intrigued by the contents of the tape ! One of
the important issues on the tape was the matter of the
then New Charismatic Renewal and its making great
impact within the Catholic Church. Mr Wilkerson said
plainly: " Any day now the Pope is going to come out
and take a stand AGAINST it." He was emphatic in how
it was expressed.

Sure enough, with two years the current Pope during
the time " The Vision " was being set forth, came out
and took a stand.......FOR IT ! He embraced The Renewal as it was popularly called. Hmmmmmm.......it
looks like TILT to me as to the accuracy of the man's
vision, TILT.

Moving along again, A book version of The Vision was
published, I used to have one, kept it for reference
because of its popularity, and because of the TILT
items in it. NO MENTION of the Charismatic Renewal
matter with the Catholics and the Pope. Some folks
reference this book from time to time, but I have not
since 1973 heard a reference to the tape out that year
and there after.

So here is my nickels worth on Mr Wilkerson's words.
No offense meant to anyone, just telling what I do
very clearly remember.

Blessing to the RITA Folks,

Dewey

Thanks for the info. We sure don't want to jump too quickly over extra-Biblical words (those not actually in the scriptures.)

I'm not sure if the former crisis in Mexico was due to their defaulting on 100B with the U.S. Does Mexico even owe that much to the U.S.? (Of course, it's really chump change compared to the trillions of dollars in debt that the current administration is amassing.) I wonder what will happen when the other nations of the world wrap their minds around that little nugget?

I'm not even going to touch the ramifications of a charismatic renewal going on in the Catholic church in this thread.

I definitely thank you, Dewey, for the balance.

In Christ,

Mike

Email: mike@christark.org

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com