Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fullness of the Gentiles/Etc.

This is a quote taken from a Jack Kelly commentary reguarding his research on the term fullness of the gentiles. I was thinking about Mr. Kelly's assessment of this term in light of the revealing of Noah's Ark a couple days ago!! Wondering if this revealing of what most likely is Noah's Ark is a super sign to go along with this analysis of the full number being on board and ready to go!

According to my research the phrase “full number” is a nautical term that describes the number of soldiers and sailors necessary to operate a ship under sail. The ship couldn’t sail until they had the full number of crewmen. Once the full number was reached, off they went. Sometimes that meant they didn’t depart on the day people thought they would. It would have been on a date no one knew in advance.

This is a perfect description of the Rapture. Rather than happening on a specific day, it will happen when the full number of members in the church is reached. Then the Church will depart, on a day no one could know in advance, and Israel’s spiritual blindness will be lifted.

It’s the Rapture that finally arouses Israel to envy, because it fulfills the Lord’s warning to the Pharisees that “tax collectors and prostitutes will enter the Kingdom before you.” (Matt. 21:32)

When I first read his comments I did not agree entirely with this and thought that the full number truly pointed at the Arab nations around Israel that were probably the final outpost to be reached for Christ and I still think that is true, and a big sign that there is evangelisim via satellites there now! Also, it seems that we are maybe able to narrow down a date the closer we get!

However, his analgy seems to fit too in light of the revealing of Noah's Ark, which seems to tie in with this because of the warnings that this would occur as in the days of Noah!

Apparently May 1 is the day that the deluge from the flood began!

It seems that between now and the end of May there are great possiblities for the rapture, including 2nd Passover which is today!

Scuggars mentioned on another thread that today is the 25th/26th day of the counting of the Omar and also it is 2nd Passover.

I was thinking that since the No. 50 stands for jubilee, maybe looking at the number on the day count could signify something. For instance the 27th is a multiple of 9 and could mean judgement??? The No. 28 is a multiple of 4 x 7 and could be restoration for Israel.

I was looking at a site Scuggars gave me and there are some good Number meanings on there. for instance, under the No. 28 there were 4 different groups of 7 meanings pertaining to Israel. See site.

http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/seven.htm#194

These are just some thoughts that I had and wanted to share!! It seems that so much is happening so fast that we will be going home soon!

Re: Fullness of the Gentiles/Etc.

Amen to that Melissa.

Melissa, this is a great piece of information and it makes so much sense. Then you put it together with the finding of Noah's Ark - You are a pretty smart cookie Melissa. I am impressed. Also, very excited that we are close to that number being full.

Oh, Melissa~ I wanted to add how Pentecost could fit into all this with the idea of the counting of the omer between Passover and Pentecost, with the understanding that when one counts the omer, it implies a collecting of the barley till the fullness of the harvest is completed on pentecost! :)

Thanks Geneustace!!

I had one other thought that I wanted to add to this. We are in the counting of the Omer and this is really set up for the Jews to do, not necessarily the church. We understand it because we are learning about the Jewish customs etc., but it was not really designed for the church but for the Jews.

With that in mind, it seems that maybe the counting of the Omer is going to be a way for the Jews to figure out what happened post rapture!!

As an example, Noah's ark was displayed to the world on 04/24 which is the 21st day of the Omer. 21 means judgment in number meaning!

Another thought is the 40th day of the Omer count is the Ascension of Christ. Maybe the Jews will be able to look back on this and get a meaning from this, if we are raptured out on Ascension day!

Another idea is that day 42, may be the day that the AC comes on the scene, because 42 is a number associated with the AC!

Someone noted here that we (technically the Jews) are counting towards 50 which when it arrives is something good! Perhaps that will be the day that the 144,000 will be sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Wondering if God set up this Omer count to give the Jews a "calendar" of sorts, to help them read into what has taken place after the rapture and to understand their place in all of this!

Below is something pulled from a site on number meanings noted above!

It seems really possible that the No. 40 and our Lord rising on the 40th day of the Omer count is very significant and could be the day of the rapture! One thing that stood out below on the 40 study was the 40 days of warning that Jonah had in Ninevah! Maybe the Church is represented in a 40 day period on the Omer count from Passover to the Ascension!

-------------------------------------------------

FORTY
has long been universally recognized as an important number, both on account of the frequency of its occurrence, and the uniformity of its association with a period of probation, trial, and chastisement—(not judgment, like the number 9, which stands in connection with the punishment of enemies, but the chastisement of sons, and of a covenant people). It is the product of 5 and 8, and points to the action of grace (5), leading to and ending in revival and renewal (8). This is certainly the case where forty relates to a period of evident probation. But where it relates to enlarged dominion, or to renewed or extended rule, then it does so in virtue of its factors 4 and 10, and in harmony with their signification.

There are 15 such periods which appear on the surface of the Scriptures, and which may be thus classified:—

Forty Years of Probation by Trial:
Israel in the wilderness, Deut 8:2-5; Psa 95:10; Acts 13:18 (the third 40 of Moses' life, 120 years).
Israel from the crucifixion to the destruction of Jerusalem.
Forty Years of Probation by Prosperity in Deliverance and Rest:
under Othniel, Judg 3:11,
under Barak, Judg 5:31,
under Gideon, Judg 8:28.
Forty Years of Probation by Prosperity in Enlarged Dominion:
under David, 2 Sam 5:4,
under Solomon, 1 Kings 11:42,
under Jeroboam II. See 2 Kings 12:17,18, 13:3,5,7,22,25, 14:12-14,23,28,
under Jehoash, 2 Kings 12:1,
under Joash, 2 Chron 24:1.
Forty Years of Probation by Humiliation and Servitude:
Israel under the Philistines, Judg 13:1.
Israel in the time of Eli, 1 Sam 4:18.
Israel under Saul, Acts 13:21.
Forty Years of Probation by Waiting:
Moses in Egypt, Acts 7:23.
Moses in Midian, Acts 7:30

FORTY DAYS
There are eight of such great periods on the surface of the Bible:

Forty days Moses was in the mount, Exo 24:18; and to receive the Law, Exo 24:18.
Forty days Moses was in the mount after the sin of the Golden Calf, Deut 9:18,25.
Forty days of the spies, issuing in the penal sentence of the 40 years, Num 13:26, 14:34.
Forty days of Elijah in Horeb, 1 Kings 19:8.
Forty days of Jonah and Nineveh, Jonah 3:4.
Forty days Ezekiel lay on his right side to symbolize the 40 years of Judah's transgression.*
Forty days Jesus was tempted of the Devil, Matt 4:2.
Forty days Jesus was seen of His disciples, speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God, Acts 1:2.
* Thus 40 becomes a number closely connected with Judah, as 390 (Eze 4:5) is the number of separated Israel. The significance of this will be seen (on p. 215), for 40 is a multiple of 8, and 390 is a multiple of 13. It may also be noted that 65 (5x13) is the number of Ephraim, while 70 is specially connected with Jerusalem.

FORTY-TWO

is a number connected with Antichrist. An important part of his career is to last for 42 months (Rev 11:2, 13:5), and thus this number is fixed upon him. Another number of Antichrist is 1260, and this is 30 x 42. Its factors are six and seven (6x7=42), and this shows a connection between man and the Spirit of God, and between Christ and Antichrist:

Thanks Sue, Noahs Ark is just such a big awesome sign Amen!!

Melanie this is just a conceptual way of looking at this and I agree that Pentecost could still be our day for the rapture!! But still, in all these things the Ascension sticks out because it is specific to the Church and separate from the Jews!

Oh I totally agree Melissa~ I think Ascension day has a lot going for it~ especially because the angels told the disciples that this same Jesus that you see here shall come back in like manner! Could be the very same day!! I am soooo very excited!

Melanie, I agree, that was such a dramatic leaving!! I am also getting very excited!!! This morning the Lord I am pretty sure put that fullness of the gentiles scenario in my mind and that is what prompted me to post this!!

Hey guys, just a thought. I think the Lord would know in advance when the 'ship' was going to have the full number. I also think He would have been the one to determined what that number would be, maybe to have the 'fullness' coincide with Pentecost this year or whenever the time is that fits His plan.

Just a thought.

Email: rob-north@hotmail.com

Hi Rob, That makes good sense and I sure do gree with you! He knows exactly how many will be saved as He knows the beginning from the end.

I thought that the fullness of the gentiles was actually referring more to the last group to be reached which to me seems to be the Arabs, since the gospel started in that region and has gone full circle somewhat!

I do like Jack Kelly's analagy of a ship description and maybe it fits with the Ark resurfacing right now! Seems that the Ark should be a powerful warning to the world of coming judgement. Hopefully a lot of people will see this as a warning and respond to our Lord and get saved!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com