Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Be still and know that I am God

Everytime I see these words, "Be still and know that I am God" it affects me. It quiets my heart and reminds me who God REALLY is.

Perhaps this will help strengthen the faith of some as we look up to Him:

If you are sick . . .
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!
I am the LORD that healeth thee. (Exodus 15:26b KJV)
Who forgives all your sins; who heals all your diseases; (Psalms 103:3 WEB)

If you are in any need . . .
For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. (Psalms 50:10 KJV) I will never leave you nor forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5b NKJV)

If you feel weak . . .
He gives power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might. Even the youths faint and get weary, and the young men utterly fall; But those who wait for Yahweh will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run, and not be weary. They will walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31 WEB)

If you are facing temptation or trial . . .
No temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13 WEB)

If you are facing a Giant as David faced . . .
. . . You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel . . . that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. (1 Samuel 17:45-46 NKJV)

If you are facing a Red Sea and an Egyptian army as Moses faced . . .
Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord . . . Tell the children of Israel to go forward. But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand and divide it . . . Then the Egytians shall know that I am the LORD . . .
(Exodus 14:13-18 NKJV)

If you have been betrayed as Joseph was . . .
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save many people alive. (Genesis 50:20 WEB)

If you are facing a great multitude as Jehoshaphat did . . .
Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's. . . . Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD . . . (2 Chronicles 20:15b, 17a KJV)

If you are imprisoned like Paul and Silas were . . .
But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone’s bonds were loosened.
(Acts 16:25-26 WEB)

If you are waiting for the coming of the Lord as everyone at RITA is . . .
For yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry. (Hebrews 10:37 NKJV)

BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
I WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE NATIONS.
I WILL BE EXALTED IN THE EARTH. (Psalms 46:10 WEB)

Re: Be still and know that I am God

Hi David W, Welcome to RITA!! Powerful message!

Great message thank you!

Thank you David - will print off for the front of my refrigerator.

~P

Email: cidp@aol.com

Dear David W, very insightful message! I just loved it. Welcome to Rita!!

Ditto!!! I agree!!!

Good words, David. That is a great message of comfort, indeed. One thing that I notice in Psalm 46, however, is that the tone is not that of a whisper; to the child of God, a whisper is enough to cause us to be still. But the context of Psalm 46 is framed as God finally putting an end to the insanity of this world rising up against Him with devastation of His own.

He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. Psalm 46:9

To the wicked, it is a shout and a command that settles all arguments. He says, "I *will* be exalted among the nations. I *will* be exalted in the earth."

So, if we don't bow our knee in worship when the whisper comes, we *will* bow our knee when we face Him in judgment.

I'm going with the first call.

Email: david_roche2@yahoo.com

AWESOME! THANKS DAVID AND WELCOME TO RITA

David: Thank you - and welcome to Rita.

That is definately a keeper!

Email: leesascott@embarqmail.com

David W and David R,

Thanks so much for your great posts! Both are so true and so profound! Thank you for the reminder that God is ultimately in control, not man. This has been my all time favorite verse since childhood! If God be for us, who can be against us? No weapon formed against us shall ever prosper! We only need be still!

Thanks again and welcome to RITA!

Blessings,

FAITH

David W,
Thank you for a wonderfull message.
And again WELCOME Brother.
TO RITA:A website owned by JESUS.
Have a great day in the Lord.
Star

With awesome people to monitor the website.
This vessel prays a blessing from Jesus.
For the ladies that monitor this site.
Something each has been praying for.
In JESUS name

Thanks for all your welcomes and comments!!! David R what you say is so insightful and true!

Right now we are experiencing tornado warnings and sirens (Middle TN). . . Good time to put in practice what we preach!!!

Perhaps I will include:

When you are in a storm . . .
He awoke, and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” The wind ceased, and there was a great calm. (Mark 4:39 WEB)

Thank you Lord that YOU are in control of the elements and we can have complete faith and peace in YOU!!! Praise your HOLY name!!!

David W
Right now we are experiencing tornado warnings and sirens (Middle TN). . . Good time to put in practice what we preach!!!

Perhaps I will include:

When you are in a storm . . .
He awoke, and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” The wind ceased, and there was a great calm. (Mark 4:39 WEB)

Thank you Lord that YOU are in control of the elements and we can have complete faith and peace in YOU!!! Praise your HOLY name!!!

David W...

Great words.

Are you in Nashville? Nice to have another middle Tennessean aboard!

Yes, the Storms of the South are back! Flash floods all day here.

Hi TNDove!!! My wife and I are living in Franklin. We moved from Northern California about 8 years ago to help our daughter with music lessons and such. We go back to CA often though. I love it here in TN. Actually, I like both places very much but for different reasons. I love the storms you have here!!!

TN DOVE,
You answered my question.
About the TN.
Thanks,
Star

David W,
Where in ca..Did you live?
I think you said Northern Ca.
This vessel used to live in Crescent City,Ca.
In the 60's.
Thats about as north as you can get.
Except for SmithRiver or Gasquie.
Have a great day in the Lord,
Lord please protect you children in all the
Southern States.
Star

Star, I live in Alabama. Pray that this oil slick does not come ashore and destroy our fishing and affect our shipping industries upon which many people in south Alabama depend for their livelihood.

KEEP LOOKING UP, OUR REDEMPTION DRAWETH NIGH!!

Star, I want to say a wholehearted thank you to the Lord for you!!! The Lord's words have greatly encouraged me.

I have lived in a couple different cities along the peninsula in SF Bay area. I don't know why they call it Northern California...it should be Central California. I haven't been up north that much except for Redding.

Thanks again!!!

David - welcome aboard the good ship Rita from another new-bie.

Lord what should i do?

HE said be still.
Thanks for the confermation.

Thank you...one of my favorite verses..but so hard to put into practice...

God Bless. Virginia

Email: varnke@roadrunner.com

BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
I WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE NATIONS.
I WILL BE EXALTED IN THE EARTH. (Psalms 46:10 WEB)

FOR THE LORD OF HEAVENS ARMIES IS IN YOUR PRESENCE
AND THE GOD OF ISRAEL IS YOUR FORTRESS!

Email: iampriceles@aol.com

It's funny while I am reading your replies since I am also listening to allworship.com the song "Still" by Hillsong starts playing.

It is also appropriate because there is some flooding going on in our city right now (but not where I live) and yet there is His peace.

Keith,
This vessel was praying.In the spirit,
The Lord said MY HAND is in everything.
And I saw areddish brown cloud coming down from
heaven.This cloud was suckingup all the oil on the water.So I asked the Lord,what this ment.
JESUS said,wait and see.
So we will wait and see,
GLORY TO GOD,
Star

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com